It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 03:41

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
 2016 Albums That Deserve Attention (READ OP BEFORE POSTING) 
Metal Guru

Post 2016 Albums That Deserve Attention (READ OP BEFORE POSTING)
Well, it's time for the 2016 edition. To remind people, the purpose of this thread is to keep us all up to date on albums coming out this year, and to serve as an advertisement for your favourite albums for this year. People are far more likely to check out an album if you post the album cover, give a little blurb on what it's all about, and provide some links to where we can check out a song or two.

While it didn't become a problem last year, I'd like to just say again that to avoid going over 50 pages, try and keep your comments to albums that have been posted and other off-topic discussions to a minimum and if at all possible posted a different thread, like 'random metal thoughts'. Expanding the description or adding links to someone who has not followed the formula posted below, or has only posted the bare minimum is fine, but comments like "Hey I just got this today and it rules" and discussions on the worthiness and stickiness of this thread should really be taken somewhere else.

Anyway, here's the formula:

------------------------

BAND NAME - ALBUM TITLE

Description of the band and the album - try to include subgenre, what it sounds like, similar albums or artists, and any other details you think are important. Remember, the idea is that you are trying to sell the album to people who might be interested in it.

Metal Archives page
Bandcamp page
Song on youtube
Any other urls you think important

------------------

Go!

Auslander, on Burning Ham wrote:
Of course, he's a complete twerp

10 Jan 2016, 16:44
Metal Guru

Post Re: 2016 Albums That Deserve Attention (READ OP BEFORE POSTING)
Burst Command Til War wrote:
Might as well repost this - was supposed to come out Dec 31, but was pushed back to the end of January. Will edit with links when they become available.

EDIT: pushed back to god knows when, hopefully by the end of summer?

Burning Blade wrote:
ACERUS - THE CLOCK OF MORTALITY

So I've been blessed with an advance listen of the newest ACERUS album, "The Clock Of Mortality." If you didn't know, Acerus is a side project of Daniel Corchado (and previously Julio Viterbo) of THE CHASM. It is essentially the stripped down and raw heavy metal power behind THE CHASM, and 2013 was the first release and it was called "The Unreachable Salvation." I plugged it pretty hard and I still love it but I know that many were disappointed with it, wanting it to be more related to The Chasm and not expecting a raw heavy metal record.

This one is definitely superior, and it is done by Corchado himself (including vocals). The songs are longer (averaging 6-7 minutes), taking their time to develop properly and featuring more thought out leads and instrumentation. A ton of leads on this release! It's the same sound as the first album, but due to its more adventurous instrumentation it sounds more related to The Chasm than the first album did. There's no change in style in the vocals - it's Daniel doing a gruff and gritty rasp (though he gets operatic at times!) - which I know to some was a weak point on the first album. But the soul is there, and it sounds raw and heavy!

All in all, I know you're hearing this from a huge fan of The Chasm and I loved the first release, but this will definitely be near the top of my list this year and I think anyone who was disappointed with the first Acerus album should really listen to this because it's closer to The Chasm, but all heavy metal.

I'm awaiting word on when it will actually be released but in the hopes that it comes by the end of the year I am posting this here!

:m:

THIS ALBUM IS FINALLY OUT.

Listen here: https://luxinframundisproductions.bandc ... ty-sampler

Order here: http://luxinframundis.com/wp/?post_type=product

Auslander, on Burning Ham wrote:
Of course, he's a complete twerp

10 Jan 2016, 16:50
Metal Guru

Oranssi Pazuzu - Värähtelijä

Psychedelic black metal. No samples yet but if you've heard the other albums you know what to expect. Out Feb 2016.

Edit: Here's the audio. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A2_zFdsfrg

Last edited by thelostpatrol on 18 Apr 2016, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.

10 Jan 2016, 17:02
Metal Guru

^^yeah can't wait for that one

-

I have discovered so much stuff because of that thread last year, I'm glad that it's still going :beer:

ALUK TODOLO - VOIX (Out February 5)

Instrumental band from Paris that has always flirted with black metal elements, but mostly mixed with strong krautrock and noise/psychedelic rock influences. Kind of like a darker, more metal version of Acid Mothers Temple or NEU!. Their last album, 'Occult Rock' came out in 2012 and ended up in my top 5 of that year. Last album came out on Norma Evangelium Diaboli but I'm not sure if they're still signed on that label for this one.

You can hear two tracks of the upcoming album on their bandcamp:

https://aluktodolo.bandcamp.com/album/voix

I think both of them are solid and I really can't wait to hear the whole thing.

ArckAngeLL should be all over this. :)

10 Jan 2016, 18:35
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Might as well repost this - was supposed to come out Dec 31, but was pushed back to the end of January. Will edit with links when they become available.

Burning Blade wrote:

So I've been blessed with an advance listen of the newest ACERUS album, "The Clock Of Mortality." If you didn't know, Acerus is a side project of Daniel Corchado (and previously Julio Viterbo) of THE CHASM. It is essentially the stripped down and raw heavy metal power behind THE CHASM, and 2013 was the first release and it was called "The Unreachable Salvation." I plugged it pretty hard and I still love it but I know that many were disappointed with it, wanting it to be more related to The Chasm and not expecting a raw heavy metal record.

This one is definitely superior, and it is done by Corchado himself (including vocals). The songs are longer (averaging 6-7 minutes), taking their time to develop properly and featuring more thought out leads and instrumentation. A ton of leads on this release! It's the same sound as the first album, but due to its more adventurous instrumentation it sounds more related to The Chasm than the first album did. There's no change in style in the vocals - it's Daniel doing a gruff and gritty rasp (though he gets operatic at times!) - which I know to some was a weak point on the first album. But the soul is there, and it sounds raw and heavy!

All in all, I know you're hearing this from a huge fan of The Chasm and I loved the first release, but this will definitely be near the top of my list this year and I think anyone who was disappointed with the first Acerus album should really listen to this because it's closer to The Chasm, but all heavy metal.

I'm awaiting word on when it will actually be released but in the hopes that it comes by the end of the year I am posting this here!

I have listened to it twice now. Not sure about some production choices (vocals are buried).

10 Jan 2016, 19:59
Metal Guru

Feast of Noise wrote:
I have discovered so much stuff because of that thread last year, I'm glad that it's still going :beer: :)

Same. Best BB tradition since the Top 15.

10 Jan 2016, 20:23
Metal Guru

Obscure Devotion - Ubi Certa Pax Est

Italian Black Metal with some slight Death Metal and Thrashy leanings. Great album.

https://obscuredevotion.bandcamp.com/album/ubi-certa-pax-est

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Obscure_Devotion/40024

11 Jan 2016, 11:55
Metal Guru

Feast of Noise wrote:
Kind of like a darker, more metal version of Acid Mothers Temple

:o

Will definitely be checking this out.

11 Jan 2016, 16:37
Metal Guru

Acerus. Never heard of 'em.

12 Jan 2016, 03:11
Metal Guru

Ahpdegma - Seolfkwyllen

Crazy, raw, echoing Japanese Black Metal. The folks that generally like the kind of BM I don't like will probably love this...

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ahpdegma/Seolfkwyllen/554363

https://soundcloud.com/astraltemple/ahpdegma-may-hemerokallis

12 Jan 2016, 13:44
Metal Guru

thelostpatrol wrote:
Oranssi Pazuzu - Värähtelijä

Psychedelic black metal. No samples yet but if you've heard the other albums you know what to expect. Out Feb 2016.

http://www.treblezine.com/27303-listen-oranssi-pazuzu-hypnotisoitu-viharukous/

12 Jan 2016, 13:54
Metal Guru

:)

12 Jan 2016, 13:59
Metal Guru

Thanks for adding the sample Grundy.

13 Jan 2016, 07:18
Metal Guru

CHTHE'ILIST - Le Dernier Crepuscule

Miss Demilich? Wish they'd stuck around? Look no further than this death metal entity from Montreal, on Profound Lore. Excellent stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKmxHLybyOs

KAUNIS KUOLEMATON - Vapaus
MORBID ANGEL - Kingdoms Disdained
DENY THE URGE - As Darkness Falls
WINDS OF LENG - Horrid Dominion
FRACTAL GATES - Altered State Of Consciousness

13 Jan 2016, 13:53
Metal Guru

Darth Ballz wrote:
CHTHE'ILIST - Le Dernier Crepuscule

Miss Demilich? Wish they'd stuck around? Look no further than this death metal entity from Montreal, on Profound Lore. Excellent stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKmxHLybyOs

ordered :cheers:

13 Jan 2016, 14:37
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Feast of Noise wrote:

ALUK TODOLO - VOIX (Out February 5)

:o :o :o :o

I WANT THAT NOW

NOWNOWNOW

(I'll check out the sample opinion might change though we'll see :) )

Occult Rock is criminally underrated

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leave+the+hall

13 Jan 2016, 16:50
Metal Guru

Necro Priest wrote:

Burning Blade wrote:

I have listened to it twice now. Not sure about some production choices (vocals are buried).

Having heard a previous mix I can tell you this one is definitely the best. Mixing is what caused the delay in the first place. When you do it all yourself you can get picky, but at least Daniel finally said "fuck it" so now it is what it is.

To me, this still sounds as fresh as it did when I heard it at the end of 2014. The opening track, "The Sentinel Of The Demise", "Mystery" and "The Broken Spears" are my favorites.

Website

14 Jan 2016, 16:54
Metal Guru

Ravensire - The Cycle Never Ends

Apparently not out for a few weeks, but here's some info:

Portuguese Trad Metal. Deathstalker should be all over this.

Song here: http://decibelmagazine.com/blog/2016/1/11/ravensire

https://ravensire.bandcamp.com/

http://www.cruzdelsurmusic.com/index.php/2015/12/ravensire-reveals-album-artwork-and-tracklist-for-upcoming-the-cycle-never-ends/

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ravensire/3540352944

14 Jan 2016, 17:20
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Acerus. Never heard of 'em.

Dude from the Chasm.

15 Jan 2016, 10:32
Metal Guru

I know, I was just yanking Burning Blade's chain.

15 Jan 2016, 11:49
Metal Guru

Still a massive nope for me on that Acerus. So much promotion 'round these parts, so I decided to give the last album a whirl. Just really, really underwhelming. Don't get it. New tracks were lifeless.

15 Jan 2016, 12:44
Metal Guru

voodoo dust wrote:
Still a massive nope for me on that Acerus. So much promotion 'round these parts, so I decided to give the last album a whirl. Just really, really underwhelming. Don't get it. New tracks were lifeless.

I agree with you on the first album...didn't do much for me at all. I haven't heard the new tracks but will give them a shot at some point for sure.

15 Jan 2016, 13:26
Metal Guru

i'd rather a new chasm ep than two acerus fulls.

15 Jan 2016, 13:29
Metal Guru

I would take a new Chasm EP over nearly everything.

15 Jan 2016, 15:28
Metal Guru

Loved the first Acerus. This new one, not so much.

15 Jan 2016, 15:46
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next