It is currently 18 Dec 2014, 04:42



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 What are you up to right now as a musician? 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 02 Feb 2003, 11:09
Posts: 66404
Location: Victoria BC
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
Northern Torment wrote:
Clocking in at 14:57, I just finished recording the longest song that I've ever written. Going to release this on a new EP with the other 2 songs with a new label called Fatal Judgement in February (hopefully).

Also am working on the album cover. I have no idea how others will receive this one, but I think it looks awesome.

Image

Is that a Wendigo?
NoneSoVile wrote:
Was jamming with a new group of dudes last night. Will be interesting to see where this goes.... 8)

Awesome, dude. Even if it's just to get some perspective, playing with a new group of people or just in a different arrangement really helps shake things up.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
[sluts > virgins


Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm


16 Dec 2012, 19:04
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:29
Posts: 17611
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
robofist wrote:
NoneSoVile wrote:
Was jamming with a new group of dudes last night. Will be interesting to see where this goes.... 8)

Awesome, dude. Even if it's just to get some perspective, playing with a new group of people or just in a different arrangement really helps shake things up.


Fo sho. It's even better when you gel immediately.


16 Dec 2012, 19:46
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2006, 16:19
Posts: 15512
Location: Toronto
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
Northern Torment wrote:
Clocking in at 14:57, I just finished recording the longest song that I've ever written. Going to release this on a new EP with the other 2 songs with a new label called Fatal Judgement in February (hopefully).

Also am working on the album cover. I have no idea how others will receive this one, but I think it looks awesome.

Image


:m:

_________________
I'm not rude, you're just insignificant. Image

Image


16 Dec 2012, 23:45
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2012, 21:17
Posts: 1589
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
robofist wrote:
Is that a Wendigo?

Nope, Ijiraat


17 Dec 2012, 03:38
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2012, 21:17
Posts: 1589
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
the whore of the sunnah


17 Dec 2012, 17:29
Profile
Newbie

Joined: 13 Jan 2013, 15:49
Posts: 1
Location: Toronto
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
My first post on the board, this seems like a good place to start.
I play guitar and do vocals in Kosmograd, which is currently in the process of recording our second EP, the first one is up on bandcamp.
http://kosmograd.bandcamp.com/
I also play guitar and do a bunch of screaming in Homolka with Ingenting.
http://homolka.bandcamp.com/
we're playing shows in Toronto and Ajax next weekend with some badass bands
https://www.facebook.com/events/375258869229578/?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/events/546548072040766/?fref=ts

Also thinking about potentially starting another project, if its with the right people.

BOOSH

_________________
BOOSH


13 Jan 2013, 15:59
Profile
Metal Guru

Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:29
Posts: 17611
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
robofist wrote:
NoneSoVile wrote:
Was jamming with a new group of dudes last night. Will be interesting to see where this goes.... 8)

Awesome, dude. Even if it's just to get some perspective, playing with a new group of people or just in a different arrangement really helps shake things up.



Things seem to be stalling a bit now.... anyone in need of a drunken, jaded 7 string guitarist?


13 Jan 2013, 16:56
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 02 Feb 2003, 11:09
Posts: 66404
Location: Victoria BC
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
Just spent the weekend recording our full length. Day one: bed tracks. Day two: solos. Vocals will probably get done later this month. It's times like these I love playing black metal.
"Hey guys, figure we should record an album?"
"Yeah."
"How about next weekend?"
"Yeah!"
Done.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
[sluts > virgins


Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm


13 Jan 2013, 21:56
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2006, 19:57
Posts: 20316
Location: That place you say to make people pee
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
https://soundcloud.com/ironmiller/fucking-solo-yeah

I'm doing the pre-record of what I've finally settled on being an EP (because a full length will take me 30 fucking years considering this EP will work out to be about 10). Just going DI through a BR-800 with a pretty ok patch and uses stock drum loops from EZ Drummer.

When I do the full record I plan on doing it through an Engl 30 watt head, full mic and get someone who knows what the fuck they're doing to program all the drums for me properly, because I fucking suck at it :lol:

ROUGH AS FUCK. And with how this album has been evolving I doubt it will be anywhere near the same by the time I'm done :lol:

Image

_________________
RabaFlab Rab wrote:
i always love guns n roses announcements cause either i get to see a wicked show or i get to experence my first riot either way i win


Last edited by The Iron Miller on 14 Jan 2013, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.



13 Jan 2013, 22:01
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2012, 21:17
Posts: 1589
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
NoneSoVile wrote:
robofist wrote:
NoneSoVile wrote:
Was jamming with a new group of dudes last night. Will be interesting to see where this goes.... 8)

Awesome, dude. Even if it's just to get some perspective, playing with a new group of people or just in a different arrangement really helps shake things up.



Things seem to be stalling a bit now.... anyone in need of a drunken, jaded 7 string guitarist?

You like death doom?


14 Jan 2013, 02:01
Profile
Metal Guru

Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:29
Posts: 17611
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
Northern Torment wrote:
NoneSoVile wrote:
robofist wrote:
NoneSoVile wrote:
Was jamming with a new group of dudes last night. Will be interesting to see where this goes.... 8)

Awesome, dude. Even if it's just to get some perspective, playing with a new group of people or just in a different arrangement really helps shake things up.



Things seem to be stalling a bit now.... anyone in need of a drunken, jaded 7 string guitarist?

You like death doom?


Not really.


14 Jan 2013, 06:23
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2012, 21:17
Posts: 1589
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
There goes that.


14 Jan 2013, 08:14
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2006, 19:57
Posts: 20316
Location: That place you say to make people pee
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
Short answers :m:

_________________
RabaFlab Rab wrote:
i always love guns n roses announcements cause either i get to see a wicked show or i get to experence my first riot either way i win


14 Jan 2013, 18:23
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:29
Posts: 17611
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
Honestly I'm most interested in getting into a prog/experimental project these days. My tastes have become increasingly gay/nerdy over the past few years.

Still love my tech-death though.


14 Jan 2013, 18:32
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2006, 19:57
Posts: 20316
Location: That place you say to make people pee
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
NoneSoVile wrote:
Honestly I'm most interested in getting into a prog/experimental project these days. My tastes have become increasingly gay/nerdy over the past few years.

Still love my tech-death though.

As long as you're not listening to pain of salvation you're still a pretty cool guy.

_________________
RabaFlab Rab wrote:
i always love guns n roses announcements cause either i get to see a wicked show or i get to experence my first riot either way i win


14 Jan 2013, 18:34
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:29
Posts: 17611
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
The Iron Miller wrote:
NoneSoVile wrote:
Honestly I'm most interested in getting into a prog/experimental project these days. My tastes have become increasingly gay/nerdy over the past few years.

Still love my tech-death though.

As long as you're not listening to pain of salvation you're still a pretty cool guy.



Are they gayer than these guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=986iAyQpr1U


Cuz I fucking LOOOOOVE this band.


14 Jan 2013, 18:39
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2006, 19:57
Posts: 20316
Location: That place you say to make people pee
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
NoneSoVile wrote:
The Iron Miller wrote:
NoneSoVile wrote:
Honestly I'm most interested in getting into a prog/experimental project these days. My tastes have become increasingly gay/nerdy over the past few years.

Still love my tech-death though.

As long as you're not listening to pain of salvation you're still a pretty cool guy.



Are they gayer than these guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=986iAyQpr1U


Cuz I fucking LOOOOOVE this band.

Pretty close. Why do I keep seeing funny things with a mouth full of tea? This poor laptop.

_________________
RabaFlab Rab wrote:
i always love guns n roses announcements cause either i get to see a wicked show or i get to experence my first riot either way i win


14 Jan 2013, 18:53
Profile WWW
Newbie

Joined: 13 Mar 2012, 17:55
Posts: 20
Location: GTA East
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
Right now, we're writing 8 songs and looking for a singer to complement them!

_________________
myspace.com/stringsofares


20 Jan 2013, 08:05
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 23:16
Posts: 19419
Location: Gloucester, ON (Ottawa)
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
BELLEVILLE SUCKS

_________________
Jotun wrote:
Hitler had an opinion

Image
adora vivos, our people are civilized, love the living while they're still alive. adora vivos, our people are civilized, we shouldn't worship the dead.


21 Jan 2013, 10:08
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2006, 16:19
Posts: 15512
Location: Toronto
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
Rook wrote:
BELLEVILLE SUCKS


Move... :?

_________________
I'm not rude, you're just insignificant. Image

Image


21 Jan 2013, 12:24
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 23:16
Posts: 19419
Location: Gloucester, ON (Ottawa)
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
herra_af_lik wrote:
Rook wrote:
BELLEVILLE SUCKS


Move... :?

another year and a bit and i will and never look back. gotta finish school up first.

_________________
Jotun wrote:
Hitler had an opinion

Image
adora vivos, our people are civilized, love the living while they're still alive. adora vivos, our people are civilized, we shouldn't worship the dead.


21 Jan 2013, 12:35
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2006, 16:19
Posts: 15512
Location: Toronto
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
Rook wrote:
herra_af_lik wrote:
Rook wrote:
BELLEVILLE SUCKS


Move... :?

another year and a bit and i will and never look back. gotta finish school up first.


Ahhh school. Well soon :cheers:

_________________
I'm not rude, you're just insignificant. Image

Image


21 Jan 2013, 12:38
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2012, 21:17
Posts: 1589
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
People should post more links to stuff.

I was working on this yesterday / today:

https://soundcloud.com/the-pm-1/ce-test


22 Jan 2013, 01:02
Profile
MetalHead
User avatar

Joined: 09 Aug 2011, 17:25
Posts: 818
Location: Milton, Ontario
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
Northern Torment wrote:
People should post more links to stuff.

I was working on this yesterday / today:

https://soundcloud.com/the-pm-1/ce-test

lols is that black metal with slide guitar? Sounds cool.

_________________
NOSTRIL CAVERNS - death/grind/experimental


23 Jan 2013, 14:12
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 02 Feb 2003, 11:09
Posts: 66404
Location: Victoria BC
Post Re: What are you up to right now as a musician?
Joining another band as a live member (harrrr) so I've been using my time off to learn their tunes. I'm used to writing nearly everything I play, so it's neat learning someone else's riffs.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
[sluts > virgins


Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm


23 Jan 2013, 15:17
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.