It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 10:33

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Rest in peace Rab 
Metal Illuminati

Post Re: Rest in peace Rab - Funeral Info In First Post
wish i could've stuck around for the wake. good to hear it was such a success.

real shame i missed the boner tits chants, lol, that saying's been rolling around in my head all week :lol: fucking Rab!

27 Apr 2012, 22:25
Metal Illuminati

:guitar:

I'm glad the wake was what it should have been.

And it was great to see so many people there. Very much the vibe we had when Adrian passed -- lots of love and lots of support.

I loved the speeches today. They were heartfelt, smart & funny. And the family really embraced what was important to Rab. I hope they are okay as they work their way through the grief.

It was so good to see so many of you. Lots of faces who have left the board in recent years (which is a shame, but that's how it goes), and some regulars. I've been here nearly 10 years, and one of the main reasons I can't quit the place is that at the very core of the place is humanity at its best.

As I stood there during the service today listening to Rab's family & friends, I was struck by a simple thought: I stay on the board because I genuinely love these people. And it's true -- I really do love you guys, and wish you all the best.

And in that spirit, if anyone needs the counsel of an old dude, I'm always here for you. Just send me a PM. I'm around.

Thanks to Syrinx for getting my ass to the funeral, and to Fatal for getting it home. And thanks especially to all the attractive Braveboard ladies who hugged me today.

That was bonertits.

28 Apr 2012, 00:04
MetalHead

THat entire day was absolutely amazing. I have never been so "at peace" mentally

28 Apr 2012, 11:07
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
I'm just getting home now. I couldn't come home after the wake. I had to go to a buddy's place and just keep my mind occupied on something else, even if only for a couple of hours.

I'll figure out what I want to really say about all of this tomorrow (I hope). Right now it's all so fresh, I can't even make sense of this. What I can say is that I've never been so moved in my entire life. I saw some folks today and yesterday that I hadn't seen in many years. It sucks that it was this occasion that did it, but seeing everybody made this whole thing a little easier to get through. I'm really glad I went to the wake, though. After being a total mess all through the funeral service, it felt so good to go and celebrate Rab's life with his brothers, and so much of the metal community that we alone packed an entire bar. All the laughing, the chants for Rab (how about those "bo-ner-tits!" chants? :m:), the stories we got to share with eachother, and the heartfelt hugs really made me smile. Going home without that celebration would've cast a totally different shadow on today for me.

While I'm remembering, special thanks to Disco Volante/Don for being my partner in crime this weekend. Driving around with you so much today and yesterday helped me keep my head straight. You're a good friend, and a classy dude :cheers:

Dude man, It was my pleasure...as you kept my head in check as well, and although it was all for a reason that we all wish never happened...There were still some classic lines that came out of the past couple days...still gotta see that pic you and Peter took, lol...and the ever classic "Hell, if Bundy had rape doors, he never would have got caught". I owe YOU for the lifts as I wouldn;t have been able to make it otherwise, FUCKING BULLSHIT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers: Cheers to hangouts that should have happened a long time ago!!!

28 Apr 2012, 12:16
Profile WWW
Metal Master

Auciello wrote:

As I stood there during the service today listening to Rab's family & friends, I was struck by a simple thought: I stay on the board because I genuinely love these people. And it's true -- I really do love you guys, and wish you all the best.

And in that spirit, if anyone needs the counsel of an old dude, I'm always here for you. Just send me a PM. I'm around.

Thanks to Syrinx for getting my ass to the funeral, and to Fatal for getting it home. And thanks especially to all the attractive Braveboard ladies who hugged me today.

That was bonertits.

Yep, everyone here is class.

Honestly, a classic post here. :)

28 Apr 2012, 13:48
Metal Guru

Glad the wake turned well...........you all rock :cheers:

28 Apr 2012, 14:23
Metal Illuminati

Auciello wrote:
thanks especially to all the attractive Braveboard ladies who hugged me today.

That was bonertits.

any time, big boy :)

28 Apr 2012, 15:23
Metal Guru

I haven't posted on here in well over a year... Cancelled my internet and have had a major lifestyle change... This is not what i wanted to come here and see! I had met Rob on several occasions, was an awesome dude. Had a great time with him at DT in Montreal many moons ago. This is horrible news. My condolences to everyone here who know him far better than I did. He was a great, friendly dude who always had the best of intentions in all he did. :(

28 Apr 2012, 19:10
Metal Guru

some of you guys who dont post much anymore should check in more often :cheers:

28 Apr 2012, 20:10
MetalHead

I've been following the thread for a few days now and thought I should leave a post. I didn't know Rab nearly as well as you guys but he was always such a nice guy the few times that I had talked to him. It's really great to see the over following support that has been shown in this thread and in the metal community in general. I don't frequent nearly as many metal shows as I used to but I will definitely try my best to make it out to a Rab tribute show if one happens.

R.I.P

28 Apr 2012, 20:36
Metal Guru

Jotun wrote:
some of you guys who dont post much anymore should check in more often :cheers:

Take the lead! :cheers:

28 Apr 2012, 21:32
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

John Schaffer Wannabe wrote:
It was surreal to see Rab laying there last night, almost as if he were sleeping. He didn't look odd at all. He basically looked like the Rab we've all known except more peaceful. I'm glad his family decided to dress him in the Iron Maiden shirt because that was something he most definitely would have wanted.

Huge +1 :( :angel: :(

28 Apr 2012, 21:35
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Post Re: Rest in peace Rab
Morgan wrote:
Sadus DTP wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Fatal if swallowed wrote:
Burning Ham wrote:
What a legacy he led in such a short period of time. I have yet to come across anyone who truly did not like him. Even if they wanted to, his personality was so infectious that it seems impossible that they could.

the only people i can think of were the norwegian black metalers who threatened death upon him for Detsorgsekalf a few years back (and obviously those people didn't know him). but Rob seemed to fucking love that that was happening, and from what i recall, he was even pleasant to those guys, lol. that's what was so amazing about the guy, he was who he was and he didn't appear to get negative when negativity was thrust upon him. Rab was a truly good guy

Lol, I loved hearing him tell all his stories about the death threats he was getting. He told me at Wacken that Frost was staring him down. Or the angry emails he'd get all the time lol.

Me, my fiancee had the pleasure of going to 70000 tons of metal with him on one of his last trips. We had such a good time stirring shit up down there. I'm going to miss him so fucking much.

RIP Rab

Anybody know what happened between Rab and Cronos? I heard Cronos was a dick to him but can't imagine why that would happen. Did that happen on the 70000 ton cruise?

Well we were waiting to get onto an elevator and one finally came. Cronos happened to be on it, so Rab jumped onto it and there was already too many people inside, so he left us waiting for another one. :lol:

Rab later on tried to give Cronos a Panzerfaust CD and he blew Rab off and said some nasty shit to him. Rab pretty much fucking hated him with a passion after that (and we all know how far you had to go to make Rab hate you).

Funny enough, he caught Cronos in a pair of tiny ass red hotshots later on and took a photo which he photoshopped the Venom logo over the ass of :lol: :lol:

pics please! :roll: :yeah:

28 Apr 2012, 21:38
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Location: Ottawa (the city that fun forgot but don't tell the bands that)
It was mentioned that Rab had his own record label called Northern Records if I'm not mistaken. Who did he have signed to it besides a band called Panzerfaust?

Pretty classless of Cronos to behave the way he did towards the guy.

30 Apr 2012, 15:11
Metal Guru

The Space Lord wrote:
It was mentioned that Rab had his own record label called Northern Records if I'm not mistaken. Who did he have signed to it besides a band called Panzerfaust?

Pretty classless of Cronos to behave the way he did towards the guy.

northern storm records

he had panzerfaust, profaner (formerly known as nexus), deathmarch, adytum, and no assembly required.

he also used to have Will of the Ancients, Eclipse Eternal, Our Lady of Bloodshed and the exalted Piledriver.

adora vivos, our people are civilized, love the living while they're still alive. adora vivos, our people are civilized, we shouldn't worship the dead.

30 Apr 2012, 15:50
Metal Guru

Great coping tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXAKbNbU-5E

an ancient, itching eldritch god

we stole from him a nectar sipped
from any light that heaven sent
slept in a new dead Eden, awed

30 Apr 2012, 16:04
Metal Master

I only had the chance to speak to him a few times on MSN, what a great guy. I'll never forget that he dedicated a song to me and Jesterhead on the radio. His love for metal was a wonderful thing to see, he was a true metal warrior. Rest in peace Rab, you've been taken far too young. My sincere condolences to his family, friends/bandmates. I am truly sorry for your loss. He will be greatly missed by the metal community and beyond.

Horns up Rab!

Nem

30 Apr 2012, 23:40
Metal Guru

My last memory of Rab was him trying to convince me that Hammerfall was actually a good band.

I'll prob give them a chance again just for him. Even though I hate them.

8)

01 May 2012, 09:37
Headbanger

What will happen to his record label, I wonder.

01 May 2012, 12:27
Metal Guru

Stormland wrote:
My last memory of Rab was him trying to convince me that Hammerfall was actually a good band.

8)

they are :)

adora vivos, our people are civilized, love the living while they're still alive. adora vivos, our people are civilized, we shouldn't worship the dead.

01 May 2012, 14:28
Metal Guru

Stormland wrote:

8)

Yeah. Never worked on me either. :lol:

01 May 2012, 14:34
MetalHead

Rust in Blood wrote:
What will happen to his record label, I wonder.

i was also wondering this

01 May 2012, 15:02
Metal Guru

NSR and everything associated with it is his property. Without a will, I think it either goes to his family or the state.

01 May 2012, 20:45
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

R.I.P. Rab :(

01 May 2012, 22:55
Profile WWW
Headbanger

ARSEFACE. wrote:
NSR and everything associated with it is his property. Without a will, I think it either goes to his family or the state.

Ill have to talk to the Deathmarch boys to make sure, but as far as I know the label goes with Rab. I doubt his brothers would really want to take over.

Either way NSR was Rab. There's no label without him as far as I see.

Airings Defects

02 May 2012, 10:20
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next