It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 04:54

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Rest in peace Rab 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Rest in peace Rab - Funeral Info In First Post
It was so nice to see so many friends who I haven't seen in years. I'm still trying to think of how to put what I'm feeling into words, and I just can't do it right now. I've got to put in a couple hours at work before I leave for the funeral tomorrow, but since people have asked to see the tattoo I got in Rab's memory, it's below. The picture doesn't come close to doing it justice, so I'll try and get a better one tomorrow. Two and a half hours in the chair, and it was well worth it. I think Rab would get a kick out of it, and it makes me smile (and cry) to look at it right now:

@to_billbrasky

26 Apr 2012, 21:45
Metal Guru

I want to see that tomorrow, dude! :m: It looks so awesome in that pic.

And yeah, it was bittersweet. The loss of Rab is terrible, but the way he brought us all together and how we reminisced of all the fun times had with him was amazing. =)

26 Apr 2012, 22:48
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Looks excellent Derek! :m: :m:

Let your demons run...

26 Apr 2012, 22:48
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
It was so nice to see so many friends who I haven't seen in years. I'm still trying to think of how to put what I'm feeling into words, and I just can't do it right now. I've got to put in a couple hours at work before I leave for the funeral tomorrow, but since people have asked to see the tattoo I got in Rab's memory, it's below. The picture doesn't come close to doing it justice, so I'll try and get a better one tomorrow. Two and a half hours in the chair, and it was well worth it. I think Rab would get a kick out of it, and it makes me smile (and cry) to look at it right now:

:angel:

26 Apr 2012, 23:20
Metal Guru

OMG!! :( :( :( :( This was the last thing I expected to see when coming on here! :( I haven't been on in a while and thought would come on and to see this just absolutely breaks my heart! :( I'm so honoured to have seen and talked to rab many times! Such a kind and incredibly funny guy, it's so sad that he has left this world so young :( My deepest condolences to his family and friends, R.I.P. Bro :(

26 Apr 2012, 23:50
Metal Guru

Derek, your tat is awesome and I know Rab would appreciate it.

All of the outpouring of emotion in this topic has been very moving. We've lost a wonderful guy, but look how so many people have come together to remember him in so many positive and meaningful ways. If the true measure of a person is what he can inspire in others, I think Rab would be overwhelmed at how we feel about him and how deeply we value the way in which he touched our lives.

This is the essence of metal right here. :abbath:

27 Apr 2012, 01:01
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

I had two gigs last night, and at the second one the bouncer started talking to me about how someone he knows is going to Rab's funeral. This guy is in NO WAY associated with the Metal scene and isn't interested in it at all, really. And even he knows people who Rab has touched.

Such is the power of a big heart in a small world, I suppose. :m:

27 Apr 2012, 06:21
Metal Guru

It was surreal to see Rab laying there last night, almost as if he were sleeping. He didn't look odd at all. He basically looked like the Rab we've all known except more peaceful. I'm glad his family decided to dress him in the Iron Maiden shirt because that was something he most definitely would have wanted. It was great to see so many of you last night and I look forward to seeing more of you today.

27 Apr 2012, 06:48
Metal Guru

wish i could be there to say my goodbyes. :(

i'll be wearing an In Flames shirt and thinking of everybody today.

27 Apr 2012, 07:52
Metal Guru

Just came over to the board to see what was new in the metal world and I see this. Last time I saw him was after Enslaved as he was waiting to give the guys a bottle and we hung out for almost an hour in the cold. Every time I saw saw him I greeted him with a great big hug because that's what he brought out in people. One of the first things I thought of was Tina, Ryan, JSW and others that were close to him. Sad news.

R.I.P. buddy.

27 Apr 2012, 12:07
Metal Guru

Are there any plans for a memorial of any sort?

Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire

27 Apr 2012, 12:27
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

I never truly met Rab, but he always seemed like such a generous and funny dude with a passion for metal second to none. My condolences to his family and to all of you who knew him.

Exorcist, that's truly an awesome tribute to a fallen comrade.

27 Apr 2012, 13:46
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:

Derek, how much do you bench? :)

-Arseface

27 Apr 2012, 14:38
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:

That looks really awesome. I'm sure Rab would have loved it. :m:

27 Apr 2012, 14:48
Metal Guru

Also, I unfortunately was unable to make it to either the wake or the funeral. It just wasn't feasible for me to make the trip. However, I just wanted to say that my heart goes out to all of you, and my thoughts are with you.

27 Apr 2012, 14:51
Metal Guru

Blunt Shovel of Ignorance wrote:
Exorcist wrote:

5 Ministry records :)

Daniel Beer wrote:
Is Blunt Shovel of Ignorance a dude or a chick? Hahaha.

I still always forget that Vittra isn't a female.

27 Apr 2012, 15:50
Metal Guru

Just got back from the 'wake' and I must say it was great to see so many people from the Braveboard or have been touched by Rab's life. It was a fitting end to one of the greatest people I have had the pleasure of knowing.

Farewell Rab, see you on the other side. :cheers:

27 Apr 2012, 15:54
Metal Master

Beautiful words have been said on Facebook and I am now at the end of my workday.

I want everyone to know that I wanted to be there. I felt the love today. You are all a fantastic group of people and all that love that I felt at Adrian's Memorial is starting to surround me again.

You are all bonertits o-matic-3012. :m:

27 Apr 2012, 16:56
Metal Guru

well, i was supposed to be there today but had some health problems of my own so i spent all day at the doctors instead :(

however i did make it out last night to say goodbye. Rab looked so damn peaceful

Rab got a fuckload of living done in his short time here, that should be inspiration to everyone

cheers Rab, you fought the good fight, i will miss ya :cheers:

and here is another shot of Dereks bloody mess

27 Apr 2012, 17:00
Metal Guru

Really wish I could have been there today, but unfortunately it was the last day of my course and I couldn't take the day off. :(

R.I.P. dude, you lived it up in a way that the rest of us could only dream of.

27 Apr 2012, 17:11
Metal Illuminati

was a fitting ceremony and very nice tribute to Rab. i've never seen so many people at a funeral

R.I.P. Rab

27 Apr 2012, 18:00
Metal Guru

It was a very rough but fun day. So nice to see lots of people and reminisce about Rab, the ceremony was beautiful. We'll miss ya dude. BONERTITS DIZZLES! :cheers:

27 Apr 2012, 18:10
Metal Guru

So good to see and hug everyone again.. I just can't believe he's really gone. :(

Big Metal Dude wrote:
What's funny to me is that we all claim to be adults here.

27 Apr 2012, 20:00
Metal Guru

I'm just getting home now. I couldn't come home after the wake. I had to go to a buddy's place and just keep my mind occupied on something else, even if only for a couple of hours.

I'll figure out what I want to really say about all of this tomorrow (I hope). Right now it's all so fresh, I can't even make sense of this. What I can say is that I've never been so moved in my entire life. I saw some folks today and yesterday that I hadn't seen in many years. It sucks that it was this occasion that did it, but seeing everybody made this whole thing a little easier to get through. I'm really glad I went to the wake, though. After being a total mess all through the funeral service, it felt so good to go and celebrate Rab's life with his brothers, and so much of the metal community that we alone packed an entire bar. All the laughing, the chants for Rab (how about those "bo-ner-tits!" chants? :m:), the stories we got to share with eachother, and the heartfelt hugs really made me smile. Going home without that celebration would've cast a totally different shadow on today for me.

While I'm remembering, special thanks to Disco Volante/Don for being my partner in crime this weekend. Driving around with you so much today and yesterday helped me keep my head straight. You're a good friend, and a classy dude :cheers:

@to_billbrasky

27 Apr 2012, 21:57
Metal Guru

Blunt Shovel of Ignorance wrote:

Fucked if I know :lol:

@to_billbrasky

27 Apr 2012, 21:59
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next