It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 00:41

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Rest in peace Rab 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Rest in peace Rab - Funeral Info In First Post
:o OMG... deepest condolances to his friends & family.

25 Apr 2012, 13:51
Metal Guru

RIP, Rab, terrible news.

25 Apr 2012, 14:27
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

RIP

25 Apr 2012, 15:35
Headbanger

Hadn't posted in here yet because I've been at a loss for words the past few days. I didn't know him as well as most on the board, but having lived in Toronto for a long time I remember seeing him quite frequently at shows, as well as on various message boards through the last decade. In fact, I think the last time I saw him in person would have been the In Flames/Soilwork show back in... 2004? Anyway, this is a horrible loss for so, so many people and it's very difficult to put into writing. I can only imagine how difficult it is for those who were close to him to have lost such a unique person. What makes this even harder for me personally is that we were the same age, and, while I know he had some health issues, it's yet another reminder that in life nothing is certain and tomorrow is never guaranteed. I know Rab lived more in his 27 years that I have thus far in mine, and if there's anything good that can come out of this, I would suggest that we all take to heart the fragility of life, and that it is important to make the most of it while we're here. Cliche, perhaps, but something that we all need to be reminded of at times.

Unfortunately due to distance and work commitments I would be unable to attend the funeral. But once I hear some info about any upcoming events that are organized in his honour, I will be booking some time off work and will for sure make my way down to Toronto.

RIP Rab

25 Apr 2012, 15:57
Metal Guru

Post Re: Rest in peace Rab
Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
Alabama_ThunderFetus wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
Oh, no... :(

WE CAN'T COME TO GRIP WITH THE FACT YOU'RE STILL ALIVE EITHER IT'S TERRIBLE :(

Could you please refrain from starting shit in this thread?

Thanks.

Xerxes, out of respect for Rob, please ignore that shit above and do not get the snowball rolling any further.

No worries.

:shred: Rabbaflabrab :shred:

25 Apr 2012, 17:19
Metal Guru

:( That boy was a sweetie. Wished I could have met him in person...I'm sure MPB is there with him, showing him the ropes.
Rest in peace, Rab. You will be missed. :(

25 Apr 2012, 17:24
Headbanger

RIP Rab

25 Apr 2012, 20:38
Metal Guru

ghdskf wrote:
But once I hear some info about any upcoming events that are organized in his honour, I will be booking some time off work and will for sure make my way down to Toronto.

RIP Rab

My man! That's awesome of you. Rab's will be proud if you do.

25 Apr 2012, 20:46
Metal Guru

One memory I have of him, is seeing a crazy Lamb of God set at Gigantour, with everyone moshing hard and Randy even jumping into the crowd, and while all this craziness was going on, Rab was sleeping against the barrier in front of the band to the side, probably because of seeing them one too many times...

25 Apr 2012, 23:15
Metal Guru

Location: Ottawa (the city that fun forgot but don't tell the bands that)
Cyanide Martyr wrote:
One memory I have of him, is seeing a crazy Lamb of God set at Gigantour, with everyone moshing hard and Randy even jumping into the crowd, and while all this craziness was going on, Rab was sleeping against the barrier in front of the band to the side, probably because of seeing them one too many times...

I knew a friend that fell asleep during a Slayer show. Luckily she was up in the balcony of the venue they were playing at.

25 Apr 2012, 23:36
Metal Guru

The Space Lord wrote:
Cyanide Martyr wrote:

I knew a friend that fell asleep during a Slayer show. Luckily she was up in the balcony of the venue they were playing at.

my ex fell asleep during slayer too :lol:

adora vivos, our people are civilized, love the living while they're still alive. adora vivos, our people are civilized, we shouldn't worship the dead.

25 Apr 2012, 23:41
MetalHead

i left tuska 2 songs into slayer, i can see why you would fall asleep

25 Apr 2012, 23:51
Metal Guru

Rook wrote:
The Space Lord wrote:
Cyanide Martyr wrote:

my ex fell asleep during slayer too :lol:

:lol: :cheers: We should make a fbook group or something. We can call the group "I fell asleep at Slayer" and Rab can be our mascot. :beer: :sleep:

26 Apr 2012, 00:27
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Kosherat wrote:
i left tuska 2 songs into slayer, i can see why you would fall asleep

Fuck I had no idea you went to Tuska! Jealous! :8D:

26 Apr 2012, 00:35
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Post Re: Rest in peace Rab
Sadus DTP wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Fatal if swallowed wrote:
Burning Ham wrote:
What a legacy he led in such a short period of time. I have yet to come across anyone who truly did not like him. Even if they wanted to, his personality was so infectious that it seems impossible that they could.

the only people i can think of were the norwegian black metalers who threatened death upon him for Detsorgsekalf a few years back (and obviously those people didn't know him). but Rob seemed to fucking love that that was happening, and from what i recall, he was even pleasant to those guys, lol. that's what was so amazing about the guy, he was who he was and he didn't appear to get negative when negativity was thrust upon him. Rab was a truly good guy

Lol, I loved hearing him tell all his stories about the death threats he was getting. He told me at Wacken that Frost was staring him down. Or the angry emails he'd get all the time lol.

Me, my fiancee had the pleasure of going to 70000 tons of metal with him on one of his last trips. We had such a good time stirring shit up down there. I'm going to miss him so fucking much.

RIP Rab

Anybody know what happened between Rab and Cronos? I heard Cronos was a dick to him but can't imagine why that would happen. Did that happen on the 70000 ton cruise?

Well we were waiting to get onto an elevator and one finally came. Cronos happened to be on it, so Rab jumped onto it and there was already too many people inside, so he left us waiting for another one. :lol:

Rab later on tried to give Cronos a Panzerfaust CD and he blew Rab off and said some nasty shit to him. Rab pretty much fucking hated him with a passion after that (and we all know how far you had to go to make Rab hate you).

Funny enough, he caught Cronos in a pair of tiny ass red hotshots later on and took a photo which he photoshopped the Venom logo over the ass of :lol: :lol:

CRIMSON SHADOWS - ALSO EPIC METAL :D
http://crimsonshadowsmetal.com

SIG:AR:TYR - ATMOSPHERIC VIKING/BLACK METAL
http://facebook.com/SIGARTYR

26 Apr 2012, 01:21
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

I won't be able to come out to the funeral anymore after all, I was hoping my buddy could swindle it out but turns out hes got other things going on that night. I didn't know rab super well in the real world, I believe I first started talking to him on the old loud much music forum in the 2000's (it must've been?).. so between the forums and the odd show I went to we got along good. Like other have said in this thread if there's a tribute show down the road in his honor, I'd pay my respects then.. RIP-omatic

26 Apr 2012, 10:00
Metal Illuminati

Wish I could be there.

26 Apr 2012, 11:33
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

How long do you guys figure it'll take me to get there?

Taking the Go train from Union to Oakville, then taking a cab for the remaining 9km to get to the actual place.

I figure if i give myself an hour from union station, i should be good. Any ideas? I pretty much never take the go train anywhere, that's why I'm askin.

Let your demons run...

26 Apr 2012, 14:11
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Taking the Go train from Union to Oakville, then taking a cab for the remaining 9km to get to the actual place.

I figure if i give myself an hour from union station, i should be good. Any ideas? I pretty much never take the go train anywhere, that's why I'm askin.

I don't either, and I could be completely wrong on this, but I think it's worth your while to look at the option of subway-ing it to Kipling and then getting on the GO from there to Erindale station, instead of Clarkson.

The distance from each station to the memorial location is almost the same, and you'd save yourself a lot of annoying doubling-back that you would be doing by going to Union. Just a thought.

26 Apr 2012, 14:33
Metal Guru

Derek's tattoo is boner tits

:m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m:

i just saw it :o

26 Apr 2012, 15:48
Metal Guru

Solarfall wrote:

I don't either, and I could be completely wrong on this, but I think it's worth your while to look at the option of subway-ing it to Kipling and then getting on the GO from there to Erindale station, instead of Clarkson.

The distance from each station to the memorial location is almost the same, and you'd save yourself a lot of annoying doubling-back that you would be doing by going to Union. Just a thought.

Yeah I hear that... One thing though... I trust trains far more as far as proper scheduling is concerned. I don't wanna risk a the bus getting a flat tire on the way and as a result get there too late. (Yeah I know....small chance of that happening, but with me it's almost likely to happen -_-)

Oh Oh, also ...Erindale..Clarkson ....whut? I like the concept of UNION STATION > OAKVILLE STATION > ASS IN CAB > Boom, I'm there.

I'm a simple man, what can i say =/

SO, I'll be at Union station around 930...

Let your demons run...

26 Apr 2012, 16:54
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

So from my understanding this is a casual affair? Dressing up optional not expected?

26 Apr 2012, 17:42
Metal Guru

Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw wrote:
So from my understanding this is a casual affair? Dressing up optional not expected?

here you go :cheers:

zombieattak wrote:
Kosherat wrote:
I have no idea if this is the kind of thing you wear a suit to. Its almost like Rab would have prefered the sleeveless metal shirt :lol:

I saw on facebook Rab's family is asking for us to wear band shirts. :beer:

adora vivos, our people are civilized, love the living while they're still alive. adora vivos, our people are civilized, we shouldn't worship the dead.

26 Apr 2012, 17:49
Metal Guru

Yeah, I was wondering what the hell to wear aswell, scoured facebook to find the message from his Dad:

Quote:
Please wear what you feel comfortable in. Band shirt and jeans sounds perfectly acceptable, Rob wouldn't want it any other way.

On my way to the visitation now. :(

26 Apr 2012, 17:53
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

We left around 8.. Saw some people I've missed terribly and I probably missed some more folks after I left. I didn't get a chance to talk to Rab's family, but I will hug the shit out of all of them tomorrow.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
What's funny to me is that we all claim to be adults here.

26 Apr 2012, 20:10
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next