It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 06:45

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Rest in peace Rab 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Rest in peace Rab - Funeral Info In First Post
Imperator wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
shadow20 wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Considering his undying love for In Flames, even their new stuff, I'm getting a jester head, probably with "DIZZLES!" written underneath it. I think he'd get a kick out of that, and I can't think of anything more perfect to pay tribute to my friend than that.

That sounds awesome. :m:

Thanks!

I'm gonna cry like a little girl the entire time. I've managed to hold off so far, but I can see the floodgates pouring open when I get this one.

For the record I think it's awesome that you're doing this. Please post some pics of your tattoo. This is a fantastic tribute and one I think Rab himself would have appreciated. It's so hard in a situation like this to find any appropriate response to the terrible thing that's happened, but I think you've managed to do it!

YUP!!...I couldn;t agree more, and I know the guy who's gonna do it for him, so I can say with confidence that it is gonna be a stellar tat!

24 Apr 2012, 02:51
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

I'm hoping so!

The original design I had in mind wouldn't have worked unless it was absolutely massive, so with some creative shading differences, a red/black colour scheme, and "DIZZLES!" instead of "In Flames", this is going to be on my arm by thursday afternoon:

@to_billbrasky

24 Apr 2012, 06:01
Metal Guru

I'd be at this funeral if it weren't for a family wedding I'm stuck going too. My heart will be with you all. Wish I could be there.

24 Apr 2012, 07:17
MetalHead

I have no idea if this is the kind of thing you wear a suit to. Its almost like Rab would have prefered the sleeveless metal shirt :lol:

24 Apr 2012, 07:55
Metal Guru

Kosherat wrote:
I have no idea if this is the kind of thing you wear a suit to. Its almost like Rab would have prefered the sleeveless metal shirt :lol:

I saw on facebook Rab's family is asking for us to wear band shirts. :beer:

Big Metal Dude wrote:
What's funny to me is that we all claim to be adults here.

24 Apr 2012, 08:16
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
I'm hoping so!

The original design I had in mind wouldn't have worked unless it was absolutely massive, so with some creative shading differences, a red/black colour scheme, and "DIZZLES!" instead of "In Flames", this is going to be on my arm by thursday afternoon:

I hope that you have complete faith in the tattoo artist, cause that can look either really awesome or really terrible depending on some very slight nuances.

As a general rule, getting tattoos while in a heightened emotional state is never a good idea. I just hope you know what you're doing so you don't look at it 5 years down the road and say "wtf was I thinking?"

24 Apr 2012, 08:37
Headbanger

That looks like a great tattoo .... for a member of the Ku Klux Klan ;) It wouldn't go over very well in the deep south, USA.

24 Apr 2012, 09:15
Metal Guru

Svarog wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
I'm hoping so!

I hope that you have complete faith in the tattoo artist, cause that can look either really awesome or really terrible depending on some very slight nuances.

As a general rule, getting tattoos while in a heightened emotional state is never a good idea. I just hope you know what you're doing so you don't look at it 5 years down the road and say "wtf was I thinking?"

I've seen the guy's work, he's solid. I'm not at all worried about how it'll turn out.

The Invisible Guest wrote:
That looks like a great tattoo .... for a member of the Ku Klux Klan ;) It wouldn't go over very well in the deep south, USA.

I don't particularly give a shit about the deep south, or what anybody really thinks about anything I care enough about to get tattooed. And if they get offended but don't bother asking about it, well, fuck 'em ;)

@to_billbrasky

24 Apr 2012, 09:36
Metal Guru

Svarog wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
I'm hoping so!

1 - he's done work for me and it's killer
2 - i've got memorial work done on 2 occasions less than a week after that persons death and i don't regret it for a second :beer:

24 Apr 2012, 11:53
MetalHead

Unbelievable. RIP brother!

24 Apr 2012, 12:31
Profile WWW
Junior Headbanger

RIP :angel:

24 Apr 2012, 14:23
Metal Guru

Location: Ottawa (the city that fun forgot but don't tell the bands that)
Quote:
That looks like a great tattoo .... for a member of the Ku Klux Klan It wouldn't go over very well in the deep south, USA

...which matters very little if the funeral's taking place just outside of Toronto.

24 Apr 2012, 15:21
Metal Illuminati

Jotun wrote:
Svarog wrote:

i've got memorial work done on 2 occasions less than a week after that persons death and i don't regret it for a second :beer:

:guitar:

Still, it's a point worth making. I was thinking the same thing myself, but I have no tattoos, nor was I as close to Rab as Exorcist.

It's good that people watch out for each other here. :beer:

:guitar:

24 Apr 2012, 17:01
Metal Guru

Looking at the thread about Adrian in Hall Of Fame.................Dr. Rab is now up there with Energizer.........\m/

24 Apr 2012, 18:11
Metal Guru

@Exorcist...

I think the idea of immortalizing Rab in a tattoo is a very moving idea. He obviously meant so much to you and the fact that you want to do this speaks volumes. I totally support this and although I never really got to know Rab on here, I'm sure he'd appreciate it completely. Again, to all of you who are experiencing much sadness due to his death, I am truly sorry. After reading all of the amazing things you guys had to say about him is enough to help anyone who didn't know him just how much of a true soul he was. My heart goes out to all of you.

:m:

24 Apr 2012, 18:36
Headbanger

The Space Lord wrote:
Quote:
That looks like a great tattoo .... for a member of the Ku Klux Klan It wouldn't go over very well in the deep south, USA

...which matters very little if the funeral's taking place just outside of Toronto.
That's true .. and it's a nice gesture. I didn't put two and two together and realize that the tat was in honor of Rab. I think I missed a page or two in the thread. It's a nice gesture .. and if that tat has special meaning it makes it all the more special. I wish I had kept my comment to myself ... doh ! Apologies to Exorcist.

Last edited by The Invisible Guest on 24 Apr 2012, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

24 Apr 2012, 18:43
Metal Guru

This is so sad... I know he was a great friend to some of you, I'm sorry for your loss. Everyone who didn't know him personally at least enjoyed his personality and his posts, I'm sure a lot of people will miss him.

The only conversation we had was about how great Sentenced - The Cold White Light was. If I remember correctly, he even posted about it a few times here, saying that it was one of his favourite albums of all time. I'll be playing the album in his honour tonight.

To one of the most dedicated metalheads I've ever seen. :cheers:

24 Apr 2012, 18:44
Profile WWW
Headbanger

Exorcist wrote:
I'm hoping so!

Nice man! I booked something as well at his favorite tattoo place in Niagara that he took me too for all my tattoos. Its gonna be his Jesterhead, Haven cover and his Megaman tattoo's in 1. Great seeing some of the stories on here.

R.I.P Uncy Rab

Airings Defects

24 Apr 2012, 19:17
Metal Guru

Post Re: Rest in peace Rab
Fatal if swallowed wrote:
Burning Ham wrote:
What a legacy he led in such a short period of time. I have yet to come across anyone who truly did not like him. Even if they wanted to, his personality was so infectious that it seems impossible that they could.

the only people i can think of were the norwegian black metalers who threatened death upon him for Detsorgsekalf a few years back (and obviously those people didn't know him). but Rob seemed to fucking love that that was happening, and from what i recall, he was even pleasant to those guys, lol. that's what was so amazing about the guy, he was who he was and he didn't appear to get negative when negativity was thrust upon him. Rab was a truly good guy

Lol, I loved hearing him tell all his stories about the death threats he was getting. He told me at Wacken that Frost was staring him down. Or the angry emails he'd get all the time lol.

Me, my fiancee had the pleasure of going to 70000 tons of metal with him on one of his last trips. We had such a good time stirring shit up down there. I'm going to miss him so fucking much.

RIP Rab

CRIMSON SHADOWS - ALSO EPIC METAL :D
http://crimsonshadowsmetal.com

SIG:AR:TYR - ATMOSPHERIC VIKING/BLACK METAL
http://facebook.com/SIGARTYR

24 Apr 2012, 19:51
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

The Invisible Guest wrote:
The Space Lord wrote:
Quote:

That's true .. and it's a nice gesture. I didn't put two and two together and realize that the tat was in honor of Rab. I think I missed a page or two in the thread. It's a nice gesture .. and if that tat has special meaning it makes it all the more special. I wish I had kept my comment to myself ... doh ! Apologies to Exorcist.

No worries, dude. It's all good :cheers:
It warms my heart to know that there will be a few of us getting tributes to Rab. He was such a humble guy, I'm sure he'd be just baffled by this.

One thing that hit me the other night...

Birthday threads here and on Facebook will never be the same. I'd always keep a special eye out for whatever Rab would post, because it would always make me laugh nearly to the point of tears. It'll be really weird to not see that anymore.

@to_billbrasky

25 Apr 2012, 05:24
Metal Guru

voodoo dust wrote:
...to all of you who are experiencing much sadness due to his death, I am truly sorry. After reading all of the amazing things you guys had to say about him is enough to help anyone who didn't know him just how much of a true soul he was. My heart goes out to all of you.

:m:

Ditto. He sounds like he was an amazing guy. Such a very sad situation. :(

25 Apr 2012, 08:05
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Birthday threads here and on Facebook will never be the same. I'd always keep a special eye out for whatever Rab would post, because it would always make me laugh nearly to the point of tears. It'll be really weird to not see that anymore.

Oh man, those nonsensical ramblings were the best! :lol:

25 Apr 2012, 11:42
Metal Guru

Location: Ottawa (the city that fun forgot but don't tell the bands that)
The Invisible Guest: Eh....mistakes happen.

:beer:

25 Apr 2012, 11:56
Metal Guru

Post Re: Rest in peace Rab
Morgan wrote:
Fatal if swallowed wrote:
Burning Ham wrote:
What a legacy he led in such a short period of time. I have yet to come across anyone who truly did not like him. Even if they wanted to, his personality was so infectious that it seems impossible that they could.

the only people i can think of were the norwegian black metalers who threatened death upon him for Detsorgsekalf a few years back (and obviously those people didn't know him). but Rob seemed to fucking love that that was happening, and from what i recall, he was even pleasant to those guys, lol. that's what was so amazing about the guy, he was who he was and he didn't appear to get negative when negativity was thrust upon him. Rab was a truly good guy

Lol, I loved hearing him tell all his stories about the death threats he was getting. He told me at Wacken that Frost was staring him down. Or the angry emails he'd get all the time lol.

Me, my fiancee had the pleasure of going to 70000 tons of metal with him on one of his last trips. We had such a good time stirring shit up down there. I'm going to miss him so fucking much.

RIP Rab

Anybody know what happened between Rab and Cronos? I heard Cronos was a dick to him but can't imagine why that would happen. Did that happen on the 70000 ton cruise?

25 Apr 2012, 13:31
Metal Guru

zombieattak wrote:
Kosherat wrote:

I saw on facebook Rab's family is asking for us to wear band shirts. :beer:

:m: :m: :m:

25 Apr 2012, 13:37
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next