It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 13:34

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 BRAVEBOARD Top Albums of 2011 
Metal Guru

Post Re: BRAVEBOARD Top Albums of 2011
Anthrax :)

Absu :m:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leave+the+hall

12 Jan 2012, 14:30
Metal Guru

1. Obscura - Omnivium (#16)
2. Anthrax - Worship Music (#1)
3. The Devils Blood - The Thousand Fold Epicenter (#49)
4. ICS Vortex - Storm Seeker (#52)
5. Opeth - Heritage (#2)
6. NADER SADEK - In the Flesh (#35)
7. Cannabis Corpse - Beneath Grow Lights Thou Shall Rise (Didn't Chart)
8 . Unborn Dead - Primitive Origins (Didn't chart)9. Orchid - Capricorn (#8)
10. Misfits - The Devils Rain (Didn't Chart)
11. Entrails - The Tomb Awaits (#38)
12. Graveyard - Hisingen Blues (Didn't chart)
13. Blood Ceremony - Living With The Ancients (Didn't chart)
14. Necros Christos - Doom of the Occult (Didn't Chart)

Iam not surprised that Opeth and Anthrax were at the top. They have huge fan bases and they released really good albums this year. Bravo to Absu for making 3rd and Orchid - Capricorn for grabbing #8 spot.. That's awesome! I sacrificed a few spots to highlight some local bands that came out swinging with some great music. Unborn Dead and Blood Ceremony.

Yeah what's up with no Falkenbach on the list? I am guilty of not catching that one but surprised not to see it on there.

Last edited by Arcane Son on 12 Jan 2012, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

12 Jan 2012, 14:37
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

robofist wrote:
Burst Command Til War wrote:
Fucking Anthrax? Really?

I'm only slightly surprised, as I didn't know they had an album out this year.

neither did i. :lol:

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

12 Jan 2012, 14:39
Metal Illuminati

I was surprised at first but it makes sense - top spot usually seems to go to an album everybody heard and was pleasantly surprised by, which is a good way to get on a lot of lists.

12 Jan 2012, 15:35
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

"I don't like it therefore no one else should too."

"Tastes that aren't exactly like my own are crap - people are stupid for liking what they like."

blah blah blah

12 Jan 2012, 15:40
Metal Guru

I love that Skinny Puppy made the top 100, and I'm pretty sure that only Don and I voted for it even if we did each rank it our album of the year :lol:

@to_billbrasky

12 Jan 2012, 16:07
Metal Guru

Tyrannorabbit wrote:
I was surprised at first but it makes sense - top spot usually seems to go to an album everybody heard and was pleasantly surprised by, which is a good way to get on a lot of lists.

I took a look at some of our previous years and was actually pleasantly surprised. Nile took it last year and Mayhem did one year as well. That's at least a little out of the ordinary. If nothing else it reflects the diversity of the crowd on the BB. It's not so heavily skewed towards one genre (like a lot of people seem to think) that you end up with a really unusual band in the #1 spot. I mean certainly we do have a lot of people into more unusual or underground stuff, but it's all different stuff so of course few of them rank.

Still. Abzu at #3. Cool.

Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm

12 Jan 2012, 16:09
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

1 - Absu "Abzu" 3
2 - Craft "Void" -- :mad: you guys suck.
3 - Steel Panther "Balls Out" 28
4 - Motörhead "The World Is Yours" 26
5 - Anthrax "Worship Music" 1
6 - Autopsy "Macabre Eternal" 22
7 - Orchid "Capricorn" 8
8 - Acid Witch "Stoned" 78
9 - Deceased "Surreal Overdose" 15
10 - Demonaz "March Of The Norse" 34
11 - Amon Amarth "Surtur Rising" 18
12 - Electric Wizard "Black Masses" -- Last year :pissed:
13 - Ghost "Opus Eponymous" 13
14 - Opeth "Heritage" 2
15 - Hate Eternal "Phoenix Amongst The Ashes" --

12 Jan 2012, 16:10
Metal Guru

1. Entrails - The Tomb Awaits #38
2. Iced Earth - Dystopia #4
3. The Project Hate - Bleeding The New Apocalypse #- you ignorant fucks
4. Thulcandra - Under A Frozen Sun #91
5. Krisiun - The Great Execution #37
6. Amon Amarth - Surturs Rising #18
7. Pain - You Only Live Twice "-
8. Demonaz - March Of The Norse #34
9. Vektor - Outer Isolation #29
10. Origin - Entity #33
11. Vildhjarta - Masstaden #-
12. Demonical - Death Infernal #- Really?!
13. Belphegor - Blood Magick Necromance #- :o
14. Vreid - V #-
15. Vader - Welcome To The Morbid Reich #7

All in all, you guys suck. ;)

12 Jan 2012, 16:18
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

robofist wrote:
Tyrannorabbit wrote:

I took a look at some of our previous years and was actually pleasantly surprised. Nile took it last year and Mayhem did one year as well. That's at least a little out of the ordinary. If nothing else it reflects the diversity of the crowd on the BB. It's not so heavily skewed towards one genre (like a lot of people seem to think) that you end up with a really unusual band in the #1 spot. I mean certainly we do have a lot of people into more unusual or underground stuff, but it's all different stuff so of course few of them rank.

Still. Abzu at #3. Cool.

That's true, although personally i wasn't a big fan of the Anthrax album.
Seems to be quite a bit of diversity.
That said, in years past i used to look at this board for more diverse, new music, but lately it has seemed to make a spin more toward the "paint by the numbers stuff" (anthrax, megadeth, machine head, etc.....i've since been finding more and better music mostly elsewhere nowadays and visit here less and less.
What i do like doing is scanning the lists people made checking if i missed anything cool. Never fail to find a few gems in the original lists.

Horrendous
Scar Symmetry
Deserted Fear

12 Jan 2012, 16:51
Metal Guru

i think this is the first time ever where our #1 and BWBK's #1 are the same.

12 Jan 2012, 17:51
Metal Guru

muzik_kat wrote:
robofist wrote:
Tyrannorabbit wrote:

Still. Abzu at #3. Cool.

That said, in years past i used to look at this board for more diverse, new music, but lately it has seemed to make a spin more toward the "paint by the numbers stuff" (anthrax, megadeth, machine head, etc.....i've since been finding more and better music mostly elsewhere nowadays and visit here less and less.
What i do like doing is scanning the lists people made checking if i missed anything cool. Never fail to find a few gems in the original lists.

And you're not coming back and posting this "more and better" stuff here because... ?

12 Jan 2012, 17:57
Metal Guru

Firefarter wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
this list does not reflect my own personal tastes,therefore it is wrong and stupid.

:thumb:

BB lists never reflect my own opinions of good metal. However, I find this year's list to be full of particularly unworthy choices in the top ten portion. There are much better albums further down the list which should be higher.

12 Jan 2012, 18:00
Metal Guru

Solarfall wrote:
muzik_kat wrote:
robofist wrote:
Tyrannorabbit wrote:

Still. Abzu at #3. Cool.

And you're not coming back and posting this "more and better" stuff here because... ?

there was a conversation amongst a couple people here just recently about posting new and cool stuff again and again and only getting like 2 reponses.
At the same time i made a post about a excellent new band/album, garnered 1 or 2 responses, while at the same time there were 5 or 6 active Metallica threads (who everyone just bitches about) and a couple Anthrax thread on the first 2 pages, going strong.
I don't dislike the board here, i like coming by to check out what's going on, it's just not one of my top choices anymore for discussing or finding new hard-edged music.
LOAF does a great thing tallying up everybody's picks. Another shout out for that.

Horrendous
Scar Symmetry
Deserted Fear

Last edited by muzik_kat on 12 Jan 2012, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

12 Jan 2012, 18:10
Metal Guru

So much great music out and this is what we come up with? A lot of people need to broaden out there listening possibly? :rolleyes:

-Arseface

12 Jan 2012, 18:11
Metal Guru

01. Ava Inferi- Onyx didn't rank :(
02. In Flames- Sounds Of A Playground Fading 46
03. Dream Theater- A Dramatic Turn Of Events 12 :? awfully low
04. Wolves In The Throne Room- Celestial Lineage 69
05. Lock Up- Necropolis Transparent 98- enough of you didn't hear this
06. The Atlas Moth- An Ache For The Distance 85- awesome they made the list. great bank!
07. Anaal Nathrakh- Passion 47
08. Leviathan- True Traitor, True Whore 39
09. James Labrie- Static Impulse didn't rank- shame
10. Anathema- Falling Deeper 87- surprising though it was released under the radar
11. Arch Enemy- Khaos Legions 27- thought it would've ranked higher
12. Arckanum- Helvitismyrkr didn't rank
13. Shining VII: Född Förlorare didn't rank weird coz a couple years ago Shining was a golden child of the board
14. Moonrise- Under The Flight Of Crows didn't rank
15. Burzum- Fallen 64

12 Jan 2012, 18:13
Profile YIM
Metal Guru

muzik_kat wrote:
Solarfall wrote:
muzik_kat wrote:
robofist wrote:
Tyrannorabbit wrote:

Still. Abzu at #3. Cool.

there was a conversation amongst a couple people here just recently about posting new and cool stuff again and again and only getting like 2 reponses.
At the same time i made a post about a excellent new band/album, garnered 1 or 2 responses, while at the same time there were 5 or 6 active Metallica threads (who everyone just bitches about) and a couple Anthrax thread on the first 2 pages, going strong.
I don't dislike the board here, i like coming by to check out what's going on, it's just not one of my top choices anymore for discussing or finding new hard-edged music.
LOAF does a great thing tallying up everybody's picks. Another shout out for that.

And it's for the same reason well-known, predictable bands take the top ranks in polls as opposed to our own personal favourite works of genius- it's common ground.

That said I don't really post here nearly as much as I used to, but that's just because I can't be arsed to talk to anyone about music these days, I really don't care what anyone's listening to.

Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm

12 Jan 2012, 18:15
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

whole lot of whining going on :cry: :cry: :cry: :bad: :bad: :bad:, great job LOAF

12 Jan 2012, 18:46
Metal Guru

muzik_kat wrote:
Solarfall wrote:
muzik_kat wrote:
robofist wrote:
Tyrannorabbit wrote:

Still. Abzu at #3. Cool.

So to sum up, those that have new and cool stuff to post about do so, and getting few responses get discouraged and decide to not bother anymore, thereby continuing the cycle of shite.

vicious, isn't it? :roll:

To be clear I don't mean to call you out specifically because I have noticed you making a number of interesting threads, you just made yourself a really easy target for making a point.

so, tl;dr, we all need to make more threads about stuff that isn't Anthrax

:cheers:

12 Jan 2012, 18:57
Metal Illuminati

:guitar:

Thanks, LOAF!!! :beer: :beer:

:guitar:

12 Jan 2012, 19:01
Metal Guru

marv the mailman wrote:
whole lot of whining going on :cry: :cry: :cry: :bad: :bad: :bad:, great job LOAF

It's not LOAF's fault y'all got bad taste :)

-Arseface

12 Jan 2012, 19:02
Metal Guru

Blunt Shovel of Ignorance wrote:
marv the mailman wrote:

It's not LOAF's fault y'all got bad taste :)

no, no ,no didn't mean it was LOAF's fault, appreciate his work

12 Jan 2012, 19:23
Headbanger

alterofcain wrote:
09. James Labrie- Static Impulse didn't rank- shame

Came out in September 2010.

12 Jan 2012, 19:24
Metal Guru

1. Dead - Hardnaked... but Dead - N/A
2. Ildra - Eðelland - N/A
3. Peste Noire - L'Ordure à l'état Pu - 59
4. Acid Witch- Stoned - 78
5. Forteresse - Crépuscule d'Octobre - N/A
6. Cruachan - Blood on the Black Robe - N/A
7. Glorior Belli - The Great Southern Darkness - N/A
8. Ghoul - Transmission Zero - N/A
9. Haemorrhage - Hospital Carnage - N/A
10. Kroda - Schwarzpfad - N/A
11. Rotten Sound - Cursed - 42
12. Morbus Chron - Sleepers in the Rift - N/A
13. The Konsortium - s/t - N/A
14. Grondh - Necilvēks - N/A
15. Anal Cunt - Fuckin' A - N/A

Yeah, that's why I don't post in the Oracle :roll:

12 Jan 2012, 20:54
Metal Guru

1. Deceased - Surreal Overdose 15
2. Arch/Matheos - Sympathetic Resonance 6
3. Spearhead - Theomachia
4. Primordial - Redemption at The Puritan’s Hand 5
5. Disma - Towards The Megalith 24
6. The Gates of Slumber - The Wretch 81
7. Vektor - Outer Isolation 29
8. Crowbar - Sever The Wicked Hand 20
9. Forefather - Last of The Line
10. Ulcerate - The Destroyers of All 79
11. 40 Watt Sun - The Inside Room 21
12. Vastum -Carnal Law
13. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal 22
14. Darkest Era - The Last Caress of Light
15. Havok - Time is Up 25

Well, most of my list made the top 100, but not many of them are very high. I really think that Spearhead should have gotten a little more love this year. That album is a death metal juggernaut, and it doesn’t sound like everything else.

As for the list, there are a lot of good albums on it, but most of the top 10 do very little for me. Anthrax being number 1 is predictable, like some someone (Robofist?) The top slots on a list like this will always go to albums that a lot of people hear. Everybody that ever liked Anthrax probably listened to that album at least once. People like what they like, and the list is fun to do no matter what comes out on top. At the very least, you get to look at pick out the lists of other people with similar tastes and maybe spot a few gems that you missed.

Anyway, thanks for doing this LOAF. :cheers:

12 Jan 2012, 21:17
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next