It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 13:40

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 A few thoughts on this weekend (Now with PIcs) 
Metal Guru

Post A few thoughts on this weekend (Now with PIcs)
Its very difficult for me to put everything i want to express into words, so excuse me if I am clumsy with this.

Firstly, I'd like to thank Noel. Being able to be with so many friends, both old and new, to celebrate Ade's life, its something i will never forget...and thank you just doesn't seem like a big enough word to express how much gratitude I have for everything you did.

I was very nervous about this weekend, to the point that i was physically sick before I left my house and when i arrived to Toronto, but shortly after the nervousness went away...it was like i was spending time with people I had known my whole life. They say certain events in life will bond people together for life, for me, this was one of those events.

Terry, thank you so much for your graciousness of bringing us around on Friday. I am so sorry I didn't recognize you at first. It was amazing to see you again...and I really enjoyed the time we talked.

Jason, Stan, Brian (Metal Shock), and Dick.... it was so great to finally meet all of you. You are all such amazing people....i loved hearing about your lives....catching up on old stories and making new memories. Your hugs all made me feel like everything was going to be ok...and I look forward to spending time with all of you again.... you are all more than welcome at our house at anytime...and I will make brownies that are better than Jason's cookies for you ;)

Pat, Brian (Release), Scott, Brian (TRab)....It was awesome meeting all of you..... i know we didn't get to talk as much, but I truly enjoyed your company... the dynamics between everyone in the group was just fantastic.... it was so cool to hang out with all of you....hopefully we can do it again!

I met so many people, and saw so many of my old friends.... i fear i may leave some people out, so with that I will say everyone who had a kind word to say, who saw me standing around and thought I needed a hug (cuz i did), to those who made me do goofy poses, or just said hi....thank you. It was nice meeting/seeing all of you....

to those I missed, didn't get a chance to say hi to, or didn't know i should know you, I apologize....next time!

I know I am not saying everything I want to.... but thats all I have for now. I love you guys. Thank you.

Last edited by Lynneaus on 19 Jan 2009, 11:35, edited 2 times in total.

19 Jan 2009, 09:23
Metal Guru

Post Re: A few thoughts on this weekend (pictures will be added here
Was good finally meeting you Lynne. Much fun was had. Next time maybe we can convince Protag to bring his Pong game so we have something to do. :roll: :roll:

19 Jan 2009, 09:30
Metal Illuminati

:guitar:

Lynne, it was my pleasure.

It was great to see you, as well. And I was quite touched to see you get up and talk about your experiences with Adrian.

And don't worry about not recognizing me... it's probably been five years, and I've changed a bit.

I'm guessing this post means you and Birdog are back home safe. I'm glad.

Stay strong. We'll see each other again sometime.

19 Jan 2009, 10:13
Metal Guru

Location: "Oh the snot has caked against my pants, it has turned into crystal"
Lynne it was fantastic meeting you & Brian(Birdog), such an awesome couple you 2 make. Thanks for staying at the same hotel so that we could all buddy up all weekend & I'm sorry if you knocked at the door yesteday & I didn't answer, I was in the shower, one more hug would have been awesome but we will save that for another time eh? ;) Talk & hugs were just the soothing medicine the Bunny Dr. ordered. The empty space that Adrian's death had left in my heart was filled with the gathering of friends old & new that was the purpose of his life personified. Now my heart is bursting with the affection I have for all of you that I met or reconnected with. There will always be an ache to spend time with Pinkie again but the balm that the love that everyone this weekend extended to each other gave me the positive outlook to calm the pain.

Patrick(zekeyou), Brian(Release) & Scott(Claymore) thanks for putting up with me this weekend. Stan(Venom) & Jason(Metal_King) it was an honor & a pleasure to meet you both. Stan, next time we meet(& I promise we will unless Adrian calls me to come hang out with him) we need to talk more & remember that I'm of the age where I don't bite as much as gum. Jason you are a joy to hang out with & we've got to do that again. Brian(Metalshock) it was great to see & hang out with you this weekend, we've got to do some shows together again real soon. Mariena(Medusa), my sorrow at your predicted absence was obliterated by the ecstatsy of the stubborness exhibited in your overwelming desire to be with us for Adrian's sake, you are a goddess & the nurturing spirit that heals. My surprise was twofold with the completely unexpected appearance of Shane(Lord Shatnas Whorebanger) your wide open smile is very infectous my friend. Noel, thank you for the amazing extent of your hospitality & efforts always made to assure the comfort of friends. The labor that you put forth to make this event the overwhelming succes it was & a fitting tribute to a man whose open heart was & is an inspiration to me always. Thank you also Noel for the copy of the multi-media presentation to honor our cherished & departed friend.
There are so many more of you that showed me the extent of Adrian's spirit & drive we will always share that I don't want to hurt anyone by not mentioning them by name so I will just say I love you ALL, peace on you.
One more thing, no matter how surprised you may have been by the turnout for this event you need to keep in my mind that it was a mere fraction of the people who wished they could have been there. If they could have attended I believe it would have taken the entire city of Toronto to accomodate us.

Lynne, I only heard my Great White faux paus come up once this weekend, very belated apologies.
The best idea I heard this weekend was to have an annual festival in Adrian's name. Noel, do you think this is a doable?

I am privileged & honored to call all of you my friends & you exemplify the spirit that will forever be Mr. Adrian Bromley's legacy.
Love,
Dick(Protag)

RIP Arthur Lee(Love)

19 Jan 2009, 10:50
Metal Guru

John Schaffer Wannabe wrote:
Was good finally meeting you Lynne. Much fun was had. Next time maybe we can convince Protag to bring his Pong game so we have something to do. :roll: :roll:

Boop, boop, boop, boop! That was fun now what do we do? How 'bout some hockey banter? ;)

RIP Arthur Lee(Love)

19 Jan 2009, 10:53
Metal Guru

It was really nice to meet you again, too. I think the best way to celebrate someone's life is to do it with so many of his friends, colleagues and acquaintances.

Your speech brought me to tears, Lynne.

19 Jan 2009, 10:53
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Protag wrote:

Boop, boop, boop, boop! That was fun now what do we do? How 'bout some hockey banter? ;)

:lol: :lol:

*sips beer* *awkward silence* BOOP

Too funny Dick. Was a good time hanging out with you.

19 Jan 2009, 10:54
Metal Guru

Auciello wrote:

Lynne, it was my pleasure.

It was great to see you, as well. And I was quite touched to see you get up and talk about your experiences with Adrian.

And don't worry about not recognizing me... it's probably been five years, and I've changed a bit.

I'm guessing this post means you and Birdog are back home safe. I'm glad.

Stay strong. We'll see each other again sometime.

That's a promise we need to keep Terry! :angel:

RIP Arthur Lee(Love)

19 Jan 2009, 10:55
Metal Guru

Protag wrote:

Back at you, BOOP We will certainly have to hang out again in the future Adam, you are the best GPS Toronto has to offer. ;)

RIP Arthur Lee(Love)

19 Jan 2009, 10:57
Metal Guru

Protag wrote:
Protag wrote:

Back at you, BOOP We will certainly have to hang out again in the future Adam, you are the best GPS Toronto has to offer. ;)

:lol: Thanks good to see i'm useful for something. :roll:

19 Jan 2009, 10:58
Metal Illuminati

Protag wrote:

Yes, it is.

Meeting you was a highlight of the weekend.

You're a good man. Stay in touch... I'm just a PM away at worst.

19 Jan 2009, 11:02
Metal Guru

Protag wrote:
Protag wrote:

:lol: Thanks good to see i'm useful for something. :roll:

I haven't gotten thru the whole manual yet but I know you have many other valuable & useful features.
Thanks so much for coming out & being our guide to the Hall of Fame. Can't wait to join up again. :cheers:

RIP Arthur Lee(Love)

19 Jan 2009, 11:13
Metal Guru

:)

19 Jan 2009, 11:14
Metal Guru

Protag wrote:
I haven't gotten thru the whole manual yet but I know you have many other valuable & useful features.
Thanks so much for coming out & being our guide to the Hall of Fame. Can't wait to join up again. :cheers:

Hope to see you guys all again soon! Was too much fun hanging out with you people.

19 Jan 2009, 11:15
Metal Guru

Auciello wrote:
Protag wrote:

Yes, it is.

Meeting you was a highlight of the weekend.

You're a good man. Stay in touch... I'm just a PM away at worst.

Thanks, one can never have too many friends eh? OMG the Canuckleisms are deeply imbedded! :angel:

RIP Arthur Lee(Love)

19 Jan 2009, 11:16
Metal Guru

Protag wrote:

Hope to see you guys all again soon! Was too much fun hanging out with you people.

Join with me in contacting Noel to see if he can put together a Adrianfest each year. :m:

RIP Arthur Lee(Love)

19 Jan 2009, 11:19
Metal Guru

Dick, I know not of what faux pas you speak of.... no apology necessary.

I know i told a few people i would share this link with them.... here is the video of New England Metal Fest 2003....edited down to a few things of us hanging out....Renee told me she found the original cam corder tape...so I am going to transfer it to dvd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLMzTJpT6ig

ok here are some pics from me....

Well we all arrived....and are waiting for some cabs to take us to Rancho Relaxo

At Rancho Relaxo

19 Jan 2009, 11:27
Metal Master

Lynne,
It was great to finally meet you after years of chatting online, phone calls and posting together!! You were totally Awesome!!!

19 Jan 2009, 11:29
Metal Guru

Waiting to go to the HHOF (Adam thanks for taking us around :) )

At the Blue Moon before the Memorial

19 Jan 2009, 11:30
Metal Guru

Last edited by John Schaffer Wannabe on 19 Jan 2009, 11:42, edited 3 times in total.

19 Jan 2009, 11:33
Metal Master

Lynneaus wrote:

why, he is not in the picture? :?

19 Jan 2009, 11:34
Metal Guru

Post Re: A few thoughts on this weekend (Now with Pics)
Pics from the Memorial

Robo gets his Robo Cookie... complains there isnt enough salt

Great Job to all the bands!

Musk Ox had me in tears

After an 11 hour drive home through a snow storm.... we arrived home to this....

Our Balcony (thats a chair under all that snow)

My car is next to the truck...the one with the snow completely eating it

19 Jan 2009, 11:34
Metal Guru

Lynne, it has been a long time since I've seen you. Hopefully it won't be as long until I get to see you again. *hugs*

I've met so many people this weekend, it was so awesome! I hope we get to hang out at some point in the future. So many cool people. :roll: :cheers: :beer:

19 Jan 2009, 11:37
Metal Guru

:)

19 Jan 2009, 11:49
Metal Illuminati

Post Re: A few thoughts on this weekend (Now with PIcs)

Great pics.

I'm keeping the group shot in the hotel lobby! Hope you don't mind.

19 Jan 2009, 11:55
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next