It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 01:26

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
 Adrian 'The Energizer' Bromley - Rest In Peace 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Adrian 'The Energizer' Bromley - Rest In Peace
I found it absolutely incredible that he could make such an incredible racket in his sleep, it just got louder and louder and just when you thought it had peeked it got even LOUDER.

Geebus his fucking snoring was the stuff of LEGEND.

12 Dec 2008, 13:37
Metal Guru

I was used to his snoring because my parents are just as bad. Imagine camping with them. :shock:

Though, I do remember that he would talk/mumble a lot in his sleep.

12 Dec 2008, 13:39
Metal Master

HAUNTEDBYMIRRORS wrote:
Metal_King wrote:
...and I am going to miss it, just like everyone else. It honestly was like clockwork HBM.

I must do everything I can to be there. I will feel awful mentally if I miss this. I will regret it if that happens.

If you need a place to stay you are welcome to stay here.....In the spirit of Adrian I make this offer!!!

HBM, that is way to kind! I am grateful of this offer. :beer:

I have literally been online all morning booking a flight. Thank you HBM for the generous offer. :cheers:

12 Dec 2008, 14:26
Metal Guru

My stories are probably not as funny as a lot of people's, but i'll post a few of mine anyways, because i cherish these memories...

- So one time, there was a show going on at Club Rockit, so when i got to the venue, some bouncer told me that the doors aren't gonna open until at least a few more hours, and NOBODY was around. I literally had at least two hours to kill, so I decided to walk down to Chapters and check out some books and mags in the meantime. So I did, I saw the new addition of Unrestrained, so I flipped through it, I didn't have enough money to buy it, only just enough for the show. So when the time came, i went back to the Rockit, the show was on, people were there, good times. So at one point I was outside hanging out with Adrian and a few others, and I told Adrian "Hey, that's cool how you have *insert band name* on this addition of Unrestrained!" and he goes "Oh you bought it?!" and I was like "oh no, I was just at chapters before the show and was flipping through it" and he jokingly goes "What?! You bum! :P" We all had a good laugh :lol:

- When Kreator came with Vader in 2005, everyone, especially Adrian, knew how bad I wanted to see Vader, they knew how pumped I was! So in between the first band and Pro-Pain's set, I was just standing there, chillin' out waiting for the night to go faster so Vader (who were co-headlining) would go on. Suddenly, I feel a slight nudge kick on my ass, I turned around, it was none other than Adrian! :lol: , He goes "So Justin! Ready for Vader?!" and I was like "Hell yeah!" Adrian, a few others, and I started chatting for a while. Just thought I'd share how he slightly nudge kicked me on the butt was pretty hiliarious :lol:

- Who could forget that when i first joined the board, I was a huge stoner at the time? :lol: Around the same time was when i first met Adrian. Ever since, he'd talk to me in a stoner voice going "Hey maaaaaaan, it's Justin maaaaaan", even well after I stopped smoking pot :lol: :lol: :lol:

- The classic CN Tower thing, when he went on the glass floor and screamed "JIMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" ANP posted the video, such good times! :lol:

Yeah man, whenever I was around Adrian, I always felt warm and comfortable. He always brought that vibe with him, the "everything's gonna be alright" vibe. He always wanted to be around people he loved and made sure everyone had a good time. I miss him :cheers:

12 Dec 2008, 14:39
Metal Guru

Have to add something in on this thread after a long absence. Seems so strange how people can just be here one day and gone the next. For several years being on this board, heavily during 2003-2006, MPB was one of the most frequent posters. Every time I picked up an issue of BW & BK or unrestrained, he had input on new albums or articles about bands to check out, and I often found something good I hadn't heard before because of his top ten lists or yearly picks.

I've since become so busy with life (married, final years of university, working 25+ hours a week), that a lot of metal stuff is passing me by and I lost touch with a lot over the past few months, but about 3 months ago I picked up an issue of unrestrained at chapters to "catch up". The first piece in there was a short note from Adrian about all the difficult stuff he was going through having to come back to Canada and why there was a delay in the unrestrained issue release. I can say that I don't think there's anyone else I've come across in my 10+ years listening to metal and following it who has come off as more dedicated to metal and the metal community as he was.

I never met him personally, but I know a lot of people who have and never did anyone have a bad thing to say about Adrian. I'll miss him as I respected the work he did and enjoyed his publication Unrestrained, and his contributions to metal not only in Canada, but globally.

R.I.P. :guitar: :m:

12 Dec 2008, 15:18
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

RIP :(

12 Dec 2008, 15:41
Metal Guru

Whoa... i just found out now.. terrible news.
I only met him briefly once and did not know him as much as I'd liked.. very horrible news.. My condolences to anyone who whas close to him.

Rest in Peace.

:(

12 Dec 2008, 16:41
Metal Guru

METAL QUEEN wrote:
When I was at his place, he would call Yosemite Sam a suck because he would always cuddle up to me, and never to him. :lol:

I hope his cat is looked after and not drop off at a shelter or something...He luved that cat.....

12 Dec 2008, 17:43
Metal Master

testofwills wrote:
I hope his cat is looked after and not drop off at a shelter or something...He luved that cat.....

I don't think the family could do that. I would almost be certain that Winston is now the surrogate dad.

12 Dec 2008, 17:45
Metal Guru

Adrian!!!!

:m:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcoatsworth

13 Dec 2008, 02:37
Profile WWW
Metal Illuminati

Metal_King wrote:
testofwills wrote:

I don't think the family could do that. I would almost be certain that Winston is now the surrogate dad.

I got word last night New Machine is taking care of Sam. :cheers:

13 Dec 2008, 17:46
Metal Guru

This is a complete shock... and really fucking sad. Every time I saw Adrian, he always treated me like an old friend.

He will be sadly missed.

Go forth and bring metal to the heavens.

Cheers BRO.
:(

13 Dec 2008, 17:56
Metal Guru

Holy fukin shit,I just read what happened to MPB...I haven't been here in a week or so and had no idea.My condolences to his family and all those who knew him personally. :(

I had the chance to met him once back at the DOTE II festival in September 2006 thanks to Noel/Inertia.Actually,I got to meet him the night before at a Mexican restauraunt w/ Noel and the guys from Melechesh for Burn To Black' cd release party.My strongest memory of him was seeing him holding up the setlist for the Sacrifice show and grinning his ass off at me....bastard :lol:

The best memory I have of him though was obviously this place.I'll have to bust out some Warrior Soul and raise a toast to him.So long,my metal brother. :cheers:

Speak the truth

13 Dec 2008, 21:43
Metal Guru

I hope Rene is alright. I've had her in my thoughts lately, and I just really hope that she'll be alright. That's what troubles me the most right now.

13 Dec 2008, 22:02
Metal Master

Gino, thanks for registering and posting that link. :m: :m:

14 Dec 2008, 01:30
Metal Guru

Venom wrote:
He was a friend to EVERYONE he met, talked to or even posted with online. Adrian was that kind of guy!

He was even nice to me! :lol:

We lost one of the good ones, I think. A helluva guy! :(

14 Dec 2008, 06:38
Metal Guru

One of my favorite pics of Adrian, from U! #25:

14 Dec 2008, 11:05
Metal Guru

My last picture of Adrian, taken at the Woods of Ypres show.

14 Dec 2008, 12:52
Metal Guru

Every time I open this thread I find myself laughing with tears in my eyes. I wish I could be there next month, but I'll find a good way to pay homage to this man.

Carpe Testicus

14 Dec 2008, 13:39
Profile YIM WWW
Metal Guru

I've read about this last week and still don't know what to say.

I had the great pleasure of meeting "Mister Pink Bunny" on several occassions, he truly was a class act.

His contributions to the metal scene were of massive proportions.

There is truth in the saying "Only The Good Die Young".

Rest In Peace my friend :abbath:

15 Dec 2008, 07:46
Profile YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23