It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 19:10

Provide a reason for locking threads 
Metal Guru

Post Provide a reason for locking threads
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=154084

Locked, no reason. Why?

It's not very hard to enter a reason.

"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."

12 Aug 2017, 01:30
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal King

Post Re: Provide a reason for locking threads
50+ pages are automatic locks.

I let it go way too far.

Exorcist wrote:
I once deliberately crop dusted a child at a Walmart and I will fucking well do it again if the opportunity arises

16 Aug 2017, 19:31
Metal Guru

Did anything bad happen because it got to 87? :lol:

Ridiculous rule. Maybe an exception for Bickering?

"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."

16 Aug 2017, 20:57
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal King

Nah, I just need to police that forum a little closer. With all the shit going on in my country, it got to 87 pretty quick. :lol:

Exorcist wrote:
I once deliberately crop dusted a child at a Walmart and I will fucking well do it again if the opportunity arises

16 Aug 2017, 20:59
Metal Guru

Ignore it for a few weeks, I want to hit 100 and prove the forum won't collapse into a blackhole. :naughty:

16 Aug 2017, 21:04
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal King

Well, until I hear further from admins, the rule was always to lock at 50 pages.

Exorcist wrote:

16 Aug 2017, 22:54
Metal Guru

Metal_King wrote:
Well, until I hear further from admins, the rule was always to lock at 50 pages.

We have had a thread here where Inertia said that the thread locking is over! Of course that thread is gone now because of the retarded auto-deletion of threads. Many of us have taken notice of this however, isn't that enough?
Don't wait "until you hear further from admins". Why? Because the admins are not doing their job. At all. They only visit like once a year and have completely given up on the forum. Inertia does not care. At all.

15 Sep 2017, 04:40
Metal Guru

There used to be a reason why threads were locked, already mentioned them in the dumb new Random Metal thought thread:

Threads were locked in the early days of forums because larger threads would slow down the internet for people with a dial-up connections. This is also the reason why threads were auto-deleted. Both reasons are absolutely obsolete by now.
I'm really sorry here, but Metal_King is uncritically and blindly locking threads without even knowing why or having any good reason to do so except "We've always done it this way".

Please don't lock threads anymore!

Nothing will happen if you don't lock them. No one will complain about slow downs in 2017, and the admins couldn't care less about what's going on in these forums because they/he have/has lost any and all interest in being an active administrator here.

Please stop locking threads. Especially in the middle of a discussion like the last Random Metal thoughts thread. Now there's a new one, with fucking Epica of all bands in the title. Come on, unlock the old thread, close the new one while it hasn't taken off. Do the right thing. Please. Pleeeaaasee

15 Sep 2017, 06:06
Metal Guru

what a weird war to wage.

15 Sep 2017, 09:42
Metal Guru

I genuinely believe that, in the long run, it would improve the quality of the board. Along with removing the auto delete, of course.

For example, we just have a new thread about what a killer year 1991 for Metal was. Great thread idea, but we've had the EXACT SAME thread topic like what, 2 months ago? (Along with '92, '93 I believe).

So instead of adding more depth to the old thread (which is deleted by now of course), we get the exact same thread again. This time I don't feel like adding to it, because it's just so redundant. Blasphomet is wondering why board activity has gone down, this may be one of the reasons.

We get the same threads all the time and there just isn't any time to add any depth to them, because they are either deleted, and if they are not deleted, they live until they get 50 pages, get locked and that's it.

The same goes for the "All purpose Rush" thread or the Thrash threads. We will never ever have a meaningful discussion about the finer nuances of 80s Rush if we keep deleting or locking threads.

15 Sep 2017, 12:29
Metal Guru

Some of you guys need to remember that we are posting on a dead magazine's dying message board. Nobody gives a fuck, and we are lucky to even still be here. Inertia will stop in once in a while and tweak something for us if bots get bad, and Metal King will probably go down with this ship. Pretty sure that's all we got, and certainly nobody beyond them cares to devote any resources to this place beyond keeping it around for the bunch of us that remain. The 50 pages rule and the auto deleting have always been the way this place ran, at least as long as I have been around. Bitching about it in here will do nothing, other than potentially expedite this boards demise. This is like a shack on the edge of some dudes property, that he is happy to ignore because a couple of stray cats are living there and not bothering anybody. What do you think happens if they start coming to his house and pissing on his steps? I don't think that this is the hill that any of us really want to die on, so it's best to just let it go.

16 Sep 2017, 21:15
Metal Guru

Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Hosting this board shouldn't be too costly. How much and how can I pitch in?

Website My book Twitter Instagrim

Image Image
Metal_King wrote:
Sorry, I don't have a shit fetish.

16 Sep 2017, 21:50
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Anhur wrote:
Some of you guys need to remember that we are posting on a dead magazine's dying message board. Nobody gives a fuck, and we are lucky to even still be here. Inertia will stop in once in a while and tweak something for us if bots get bad, and Metal King will probably go down with this ship. Pretty sure that's all we got, and certainly nobody beyond them cares to devote any resources to this place beyond keeping it around for the bunch of us that remain. The 50 pages rule and the auto deleting have always been the way this place ran, at least as long as I have been around. Bitching about it in here will do nothing, other than potentially expedite this boards demise. This is like a shack on the edge of some dudes property, that he is happy to ignore because a couple of stray cats are living there and not bothering anybody. What do you think happens if they start coming to his house and pissing on his steps? I don't think that this is the hill that any of us really want to die on, so it's best to just let it go.

exactly.

shut up with the bitching and just enjoy that it's still here for christ's sake.

17 Sep 2017, 10:22
Metal Guru

Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Whenever the time comes, I'd be prepared to start a new board and try to clone it as close to this as possible (and no, I wouldn't make myself a mod). But that would only work if the majority of the regular posters here jumped on. Else it'd all be for naught.

I'm sure that's a long time away from now, but it's something I'd be open to doing.

Website My book Twitter Instagrim

Image Image
Metal_King wrote:
Sorry, I don't have a shit fetish.

17 Sep 2017, 13:30
Profile WWW