It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 23:24

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Adrian 'The Energizer' Bromley - Rest In Peace 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Adrian 'The Energizer' Bromley - Rest In Peace
Never knew him, but he was obviously one of the most well respected & involved people in the Canadian metal world. Rest in peace dude.

10 Dec 2008, 12:34
Metal Guru

Wow...Adam...what a story. :o

:(

10 Dec 2008, 13:03
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

I never met nor talked to the man but I always enjoyed his posts and it seems like he was a very special guy to a lot of people on this board. This is truly a great loss.

R.I.P.

10 Dec 2008, 14:48
Metal Master

tattooedsean777 wrote:
anti nowhere punk wrote:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9FnhL6RlKfg

Watch to the end for classic MPB :attn: :beer:

where did that take place :? :roll:

The CN tower when I visited toronto, the pic is from a nevermore gig in london England, first time I met the man :beer:

10 Dec 2008, 15:17
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

i havent been online for a few days, what terrible news.

i'll post a pic of me and him when i find it...

10 Dec 2008, 16:20
Metal Guru

That's an incredible story Adam, I'll be thinking about that for the rest of the day.

http://www.thegovernorsball.com

10 Dec 2008, 16:21
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Some of your posts have been truly thoughtful and heartbreaking. I hope you guys are all doing alright :(

10 Dec 2008, 17:20
Metal Master

President Bagel wrote:
Some of your posts have been truly thoughtful and heartbreaking. I hope you guys are all doing alright :(

Yesterday was my day of mourning.
Today, I'm a little more upbeat.
It's amazing the power that this man had on this board. He really did bring everyone together. All I feel on this board is love right now. This board has gone through some rough times. There have been many a crappy days. But today, this board has never shined brighter under such unfortunate circumstances. I feel reconnected with some of you. It's too bad it had to be this way.

I will do everything I can to be there in the GTA on January 17th. I will be in contact with fellow BBers that have befriended me.

Even the Energizer befriended me...just a peon of a math teacher that loves metal. I have nothing to do with the music industry at all, but there he was...every two weeks on the phone checking up on the Metal_King.

FUCK! I'm getting all emotional again...time to bail out.

10 Dec 2008, 17:46
Metal Guru

Metal_King wrote:

I will do everything I can to be there in the GTA on January 17th. I will be in contact with fellow BBers that have befriended me.

I'll try to make it too.

Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire

10 Dec 2008, 17:49
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

well said M_K.

i feel really lucky to have been able to count MPB among my friends. i'd really like to meet those of you coming out on the 17th, even if we've never really spoken, in the spirit of adrian, who always had a moment for a fellow metalhead or braveboarder. it's going to be one hell of a memorial. i'll definitely be raising a glass in his name :beer:

Rook wrote:
nothing about you is normal. it's all just awful.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
YOU GUYS NEED TO MEET SKURJ! She's awesome live!

10 Dec 2008, 17:53
Profile WWW
Metal Illuminati

DOOM wrote:
When Tracey (my wife) told me on Monday about Adrian I couldn’t stop myself from smiling.

ADAM.

Shit Adam, I didn't know you posted on here, I'm Gord, Tracey's friend that called Monday with the bad news. thanks for sharing the story, I knew you and Adrian went way back, but I really knew nothing of your relationship with him.

It's hard not to smile when thinking about Adrian, even with tears in my eyes, the guy has me filled with positivity.

10 Dec 2008, 18:16
Junior Headbanger

Very Sad indeed...

10 Dec 2008, 18:26
Metal Illuminati

:guitar:

I'm getting, at best, four hours sleep every night.

It's not that I can't believe he's gone... it's just...

I can't believe he's gone.

Dammit.

He wasn't supposed to be done yet. And clearly, we weren't done with him.

10 Dec 2008, 18:38
Metal Guru

Fatal if swallowed wrote:
DOOM wrote:
When Tracey (my wife) told me on Monday about Adrian I couldn’t stop myself from smiling.

ADAM.

Shit Adam, I didn't know you posted on here, I'm Gord, Tracey's friend that called Monday with the bad news. thanks for sharing the story, I knew you and Adrian went way back, but I really knew nothing of your relationship with him.

It's hard not to smile when thinking about Adrian, even with tears in my eyes, the guy has me filled with positivity.

Same.....I feel sad and positive at the same time....like he had a lesson to teach all of us and only now is it sinking in....I have been kinda down and out for months and months....always eager to be negative....well....I am going to do something about it now. I want to be happier....and I want those around me to be happier...and I am going to use Adrian's spirit as my guidance.

I know that sounds completely cornball coming from me....but I frickin mean it this time. Long live Adrian....Long live the spirit!!!

10 Dec 2008, 19:28
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

HAUNTEDBYMIRRORS wrote:
Fatal if swallowed wrote:
DOOM wrote:

ADAM.

I have been kinda down and out for months and months....always eager to be negative....well....I am going to do something about it now. I want to be happier....and I want those around me to be happier...and I am going to use Adrian's spirit as my guidance.

+100, I will indeed try my best to do so as well...

10 Dec 2008, 19:34
Headbanger

It has been quite some time since I have visited this message board and this is hardly something I wanted to come back to.

I check the news on the main page from time to time and was in complete shock to see that a fellow metalhead has passed away much before his time.

I had only hung out with Adrian briefly from time to time at local Toronto concerts.

I remember meeting him for the first time at a new years eve show about 5 or so years a go at Club Rockit. I had just met him and he was offering me some free swag that he had of some of the bands.

I remember adding him to my MSN and he insisted on me telling him my phone number so he could chat with me over the phone.

I didn't get to know him too well but over the years, I would run in to him from time to time and he always remembered who I was and was always extremely generous and friendly towards me.

He posted on this message board like a madman. I believe he has more posts then anyone else and with the thousands and thousands of things he posted here, I dare anyone to find a single bad thing he said about anyone.

What a great person.

I wish I had the opportunity to rock out with him one last time.

Rest in peace, Adrian.

10 Dec 2008, 20:13
MetalHead

It has taken me days to post about Adrian's passing because I simply don't want to believe it. He will be missed by everyone.

10 Dec 2008, 20:14
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Location: "Oh the snot has caked against my pants, it has turned into crystal"
I guess I was in denial for the past few days but last night I was reading the testimonials here on the board in memory of Pinkie & clicked on the link April had provided of a Adrian Bromley search. I was stunned by the sheer volume of articles & comments about the man, not a discouraging word anywhere & that's when the tears flowed & the clensing had begun. Not a clensing of the spirit of this cherub but the pain, hurt & the anger. I was so pissed that destiny has taken him somewhere & I pray it's somewhere that needs him like we do. Too often I took him for granted I suppose but only cause I thought he was always going to be there. MY GOD I MISS MY FRIEND SO MUCH!!!!!

Haunted, your words have really moved me. To have Adrian as an example of how we should approach the world & it's inhabitants is a noble aspiration & in that spirit I suggest that whenever we meet we remember him out loud.
I'm almost certain that I won't be able to make it to the memorial in his honor on Jan. 17 but I'm going to try my best to make it up there in 2009. Whoever I run into from the board, met previously or till then unmet, let's pay tribute to our fallen comrade!
Your spirit is strong here Pinkie & we are going to hold on to it forever!
Horns & hails MPB!

RIP Arthur Lee(Love)

Last edited by Protag on 10 Dec 2008, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

10 Dec 2008, 20:32
Metal Guru

Protag wrote:
I guess I was in denial for the past few days but last night I was reading the testimonials here on the board in memory of Pinkie & clicked on the link April had provided of a Adrian Bromley search. I was stunned by the sheer volume of articles & comments about the man, not a discouraging word anywhere & that's when the tears flowed & the clensing had begun. Not a clensing of the spirit of this cherub but the pain, hurt & the anger. I was so pissed that destiny has taken him somewhere & I pray it's somewhere that needs him like we do. Too often I took him for granted I suppose but only cause I thought he was always going to be there. MY GOD I MISS MY FRIEND SO MUCH!!!!!

Haunted, your words have really moved me. To have Adrian as an example of how we should approach the world & it's inhabitants is a noble aspiration & in that spirit I suggest that whenever we meet we remember him out loud.
I'm almost certain that I won't be able to make it to the memorial in his honor on Jan. 17 but I'm going to try my best to make it up there in 2009. Whoever I run into from the board, met or unmet, let's pay tribute to our fallen comrade!
Horns & hails MPB!

10 Dec 2008, 20:35
Metal Guru

Protag wrote:

I'm almost certain that I won't be able to make it to the memorial in his honor on Jan. 17 but I'm going to try my best to make it up there in 2009. Whoever I run into from the board, met previously or till then unmet, let's pay tribute to our fallen comrade!
Horns & hails MPB!

:( This made me tear up, very well said Protag

10 Dec 2008, 20:51
Metal Guru

Protag wrote:

Horns & hails MPB!

We will tip a pint or two in his honour. And we will throw the horns and stick out our tongues and look to the sky.....he will see us.

10 Dec 2008, 21:03
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

This came as quite the shocker when I first saw his picture on the front of the Bravewords page. I couldn't really bring myself to write in this thread until now.

He will be missed, no doubt about it. Wish I could have met him.

Burst Command Til War wrote:
You are never allowed in my house.

10 Dec 2008, 22:11
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

I remember Bunny man telling me and Fis a Dungeons & dragons story on the ride home one night and he kept getting mad because me and Fis where laughing so hard he couldn't finish the story so he kept threatening not to tell us the rest of course he could only keep that promise for about 5 seconds and then the cycle of us laughing and him threatening would start all over again :lol:

To Bunny Man :cheers:

10 Dec 2008, 22:25
Metal Illuminati

HAUNTEDBYMIRRORS wrote:
I have been kinda down and out for months and months....always eager to be negative....well....I am going to do something about it now. I want to be happier....and I want those around me to be happier...and I am going to use Adrian's spirit as my guidance.

I know that sounds completely cornball coming from me....but I frickin mean it this time. Long live Adrian....Long live the spirit!!!

That's not cornball at all. You're right... there were things to learn from Adrian.

Good for you for wanting to be happier.

Adrian's death quickly put a lot of things into perspective for me. Not worth getting into those details here... but if I see you on the 17th, let's talk and toast Adrian.

I'll get'cha a beer. :beer:

10 Dec 2008, 22:30
Metal Guru

Auciello wrote:
HAUNTEDBYMIRRORS wrote:

That's not cornball at all. You're right... there were things to learn from Adrian.

Good for you for wanting to be happier.

Adrian's death quickly put a lot of things into perspective for me. Not worth getting into those details here... but if I see you on the 17th, let's talk and toast Adrian.

I'll get'cha a beer. :beer:

I look forward to the toast......

10 Dec 2008, 22:35
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next