It is currently 30 Oct 2014, 23:58



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Why boo the Americans? 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Dec 2003, 15:39
Posts: 5886
Location: Springfield, MO
Post 
zekeyou wrote:
Quote:
Why boo the Americans?

'cause some have incorrectly likened Burning Man to The White Stripes :mad: :mad:


:lol:


29 Dec 2005, 13:16
Profile YIM
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2003, 20:05
Posts: 4763
Location: The Rock
Post 
table wrote:
K.G. Satan wrote:
And, I'm sure you meant no offense by it, but for future refernece, a lot of us don't appreciate the term 'Newfie'. ;)
Quote:

My apologies


No problem. 8)

_________________
"I have a million ideas... But they all lead to certain death."


29 Dec 2005, 13:19
Profile
Headbanger
User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2003, 10:13
Posts: 228
Post 
ChaoticTate wrote:
table wrote:
ChaoticTate wrote:
K.G. Satan wrote:
While I'm not a huge fan of Harper, I see him as the lesser of 3 evils...

Libs = Mafia
NDP = Communists in sheep's clothing
CPC = Still wet-behind-the-ears


Hey, this could be fun. Let's play the lesser-of-two(or more)-devils game, yay!

Libs = balanced government from the centre
NDP = extreme left, will put Canada into more debt
CPC = extreme right, will infringe on civil liberties and impose their own particular and peculiar view of morality on everybody


Extreme right?

You've been seriously disillusioned. Canada has no true right wing party what we have is:

CPC = left
Liberals = more left
NDP = most left

Compare the CPC to other conservative parties in countries like the UK and Australia and you might start to get a sense of right vs. left.


Please, go back and read over my *entire* post rather than editing out one part. Try to keep the word "parody" in the back of your mind as you read over it, rather than excerpting one particular section and reading that literally.


Sorry, I just get inundated with people (including some in my own family) who keep talking as if the CPC are a bunch of fascists out to bring about a fourth Reich.


29 Dec 2005, 13:19
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 56826
Location: balls deep in FireFarter
Post 
You know what the saddest statement about our federal government is?

In this thread, we have a lot of people leaning to the left, and a lot leaning to the right. We have some seperatists, and some federalists. All in all, a shitload of opposing opinions on various aspects of how things should be run.

The one thing we agree on?

Our government is doing a piss-poor job at running things, and needs a change. How about that? The liberals DID unite Canada!

_________________
deathstalker wrote:
i can see derek singing it while a chick is riding him as hes got a cig hanging out of his mouth.


@to_billbrasky


29 Dec 2005, 13:21
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 19:20
Posts: 3119
Location: Toronto
Post Re: Why boo the Americans?
Dan Tyrantor wrote:
At the USA vs. Finland game at the World Juniors hockey tournament in Vancouver, the crowd loudly booed the Americans.
Why? These are KIDS.
:mad: :?


Because America is the super power and everyone hates the super power.

everyone hated England when they were.

_________________
Will of the Ancients - Epic Canadian Metal

http://www.willoftheancients.com
http://www.myspace.com/willoftheancients


29 Dec 2005, 13:22
Profile WWW
Headbanger
User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2003, 10:13
Posts: 228
Post 
Exorcist wrote:
The one thing we agree on?

Our government is doing a piss-poor job at running things, and needs a change. How about that? The liberals DID unite Canada!


Now that is something I can agree with 100%


29 Dec 2005, 13:23
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2004, 00:09
Posts: 1909
Location: Toronah
Post 
It's all about tribal convcitions (nod to Voi-Vod). At heart humans are still ruled by tribal allegiances and act them out, especially in mob like situations (mob rules..nod to Sabbath). Who knows who started booing who first, does it really matter? Both sides have been guilty of it. I remember Americans routinely booing the Canadian anthem, very loudly in fact, in 2001. Apparently it had something to do with 911 though I'm not sure what exactly the Canadians were guilty of. Like I said, tribal convtictions. All nations do it, not just Americans and Canadians.

_________________
Image
http://www.myspace.com/numbskullcreations


29 Dec 2005, 13:26
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2003, 20:05
Posts: 4763
Location: The Rock
Post 
Exorcist wrote:
K.G. Satan wrote:
While I'm not a huge fan of Harper, I see him as the lesser of 3 evils...
Libs = Mafia
NDP = Communists in sheep's clothing
CPC = Still wet-behind-the-ears


Makes sense.
I agree 100% with the Liberals being nothing better than a bunch of white collar criminal motherfuckers who must go. The problem for me lies in that I vehemently disagree with Harper's proposed policies. The GST cut makes no sense. Our education and health care need funding, so we CUT tax? What kind of stupid shit is that? Yeah it makes sense as a way to snag some votes, everybody loves to save money. But as much as tax is a bitch, it's a necessary evil, and cutting it will just screw us even further. Harper's crime policies (mandatory min. sentences for drug offences? Fuck right off, Mr. Harper, you have no idea what you're talking about on this one) disgust me. His idea of repealing gay marriages is bigotry at it's best. I just haaaaaaaaaaaaaate that party.
That leaves the NDP. Universal health care? Better education? Goddamn right. We need it. Those are two of the main reasons that I would never leave this country. The NDPs problem is that that is all they've talked about in their campaign so far. Where do they stand on crime, corporate taxation, etc? Nobody knows.
But based on all of the above, I'd like to see the NDP at least get a shot in government. They can't be any worse than the other two parties, right?




As far as healthcare and education funding go, did you ever stop to think that if government actuslly did their job of spending our tax dollars in the most efficient manner possible instead of wasting/stealing them (ala the Liberals) that there's currently more than enough money in the system to pay for such things??? Take for example the local hospital in the town next to mine... A small operation that serves a region (multiple communities) of less than 30,000 people. That hospital has an administrative staff of 60+!!! I don't care what anyone says, it doesn't take that many people to dole out responsibilities to employees.

I went in there one time with an invoice (my father's shop had repaired a hospital-owned vehicle) and I had to speak to three people before I found out that the guy responsible for my type of inquiry had gone to Tim Horton's for his coffee break. Typical response I received; "That's not my department... Go see so-and-so down the hall..." Yeah, sorry I interrupted your brutally labour-intensive photcopying task. :rolleyes:

There's plenty of money for healthcare and education... The goverment (Liberals in particular) just like to create unneccessary positions in these areas for their friends/relatives of friends, meaning more red-tape, beauracracy, and wasted tax dollars. Clean up government spending, and yes, tax cuts would be in order.

_________________
"I have a million ideas... But they all lead to certain death."


29 Dec 2005, 13:32
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2004, 13:55
Posts: 11666
Post 
This is why I boo America:

As quoted from MSNBC host Tucker Carlson-

"Canada is a sweet country. It is like your retarded cousin you see at Thanksgiving and sort of pat him on the head. You know, he's nice but you don't take him seriously. That's Canada."

He is by far not the only American I have met or heard say something like this about Canada. I know a good many, far too many, Americans feel this way (excluding some of you on here whom I know to be good people who don't harbour negative feelings towards my country).
I have been to the states, I drove from Calgary, Alberta, down to North Dakota and then down to Florida. I've heard the insults. The majority of Americans I have met think of Canada as nothing more than an unclaimed state, the retarded cousin who has yet to be diciplined.


You want my opinion Mr. Tucker Carlson? I think America is a growing cancer on the world that has long ago started infecting those around it.

_________________
Image


29 Dec 2005, 13:35
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2004, 13:55
Posts: 11666
Post 
oops double post

_________________
Image


Last edited by SuicideCommando on 29 Dec 2005, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.



29 Dec 2005, 13:37
Profile
Headbanger
User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2003, 10:13
Posts: 228
Post 
Cutting taxes increases the likely hood that an individual with either spend it or invest it. Either way it’s good for the economy.

The government currently collects more than it needs to run the core services people expect, hence the 8 or 9 years of surpluses (which is really over taxation since a government is not in business to run a profit).

I trust an individual to spend his/her money more wisely than the government. Therefore more money should be left in the hands of the individual.


29 Dec 2005, 13:38
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 56826
Location: balls deep in FireFarter
Post 
K.G. Satan wrote:
As far as healthcare and education funding go, did you ever stop to think that if government actuslly did their job of spending our tax dollars in the most efficient manner possible instead of wasting/stealing them (ala the Liberals) that there's currently more than enough money in the system to pay for such things??? Take for example the local hospital in the town next to mine... A small operation that serves a region (multiple communities) of less than 30,000 people. That hospital has an administrative staff of 60+!!! I don't care what anyone says, it doesn't take that many people to dole out responsibilities to employees.

I went in there one time with an invoice (my father's shop had repaired a hospital-owned vehicle) and I had to speak to three people before I found out that the guy responsible for my type of inquiry had gone to Tim Horton's for his coffee break. Typical response I received; "That's not my department... Go see so-and-so down the hall..." Yeah, sorry I interrupted your brutally labour-intensive photcopying task. :rolleyes:

There's plenty of money for healthcare and education... The goverment (Liberals in particular) just like to create unneccessary positions in these areas for their friends/relatives of friends, meaning more red-tape, beauracracy, and wasted tax dollars. Clean up government spending, and yes, tax cuts would be in order.


Agreed 100%
I just think that before we start cutting the tax, we should sort our shit out. Fix the health care system, fix education. Make sure everything is in place, and that our money is being spent properly.
There is no doubt the government is pissing away money, and that they have the money management skills of an inbred, half-retarded primate. But because of that, I'd like to see them make sure that the money is being spent properly. Once the surplus is established and the systems work the way they have the ability to be working, then worry about a tax cut. Or better yet, throw that extra tax money elsewhere. Our national debt, daycares, law enforcement, etc.

Ahhhhhhh fuck it! Let's just overthrow the government. The few of us who have been debating back and forth will form a cabinet, and run shit ourselves. Our opinions are diverse enough that we can do our best to come to agreements that please all sides without serving one side more than another, and best of all, those asshats who have been running our political parties will be out of power. What do you say? Violent revolution, anybody?

_________________
deathstalker wrote:
i can see derek singing it while a chick is riding him as hes got a cig hanging out of his mouth.


@to_billbrasky


29 Dec 2005, 13:39
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2002, 21:01
Posts: 20569
Location: The Devil's Triangle
Post 
SuicideCommando wrote:
I have been to the states, I drove from Calgary, Alberta, down to North Dakota and then down to Florida. I've heard the insults.


That just sounds funny-- driving through rural North Dakota-- "HEY YOU-- THE CANADIAN!"


29 Dec 2005, 13:40
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2004, 13:55
Posts: 11666
Post 
zekeyou wrote:
SuicideCommando wrote:
I have been to the states, I drove from Calgary, Alberta, down to North Dakota and then down to Florida. I've heard the insults.


That just sounds funny-- driving through rural North Dakota-- "HEY YOU-- THE CANADIAN!"



lol, dude, we met some guy there in North Dakota (which is right there on the fucking border) and we told him we were form Canada, and ehs all "Oh ya? Right on, where's that, up north somewhere?"

_________________
Image


29 Dec 2005, 13:41
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 56826
Location: balls deep in FireFarter
Post 
Just taking an oppertunity to say that Tucker Carlson needs to have a rather large cock shoved down his throat to finally shut him up. He's an idiot who doesn't represent the majority of Americans. Every society has a few idiots, unfortunately that one was somehow given a mic and a soap box. I love most Americans, but I really want to rape Tucker Carlson. I don't even swing that way, I just want to make him scream for awhile.

_________________
deathstalker wrote:
i can see derek singing it while a chick is riding him as hes got a cig hanging out of his mouth.


@to_billbrasky


29 Dec 2005, 13:42
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 04 Aug 2004, 10:48
Posts: 7126
Location: Toronto
Post 
my answer to this question is the same as to pretty much any other question... Because they have small peepees!

Ok, i dont know, but i figured with all this political talk there needed to be something stupid said.

_________________
Dame Daughter of the Devil, Death be thy name.


29 Dec 2005, 13:44
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2002, 21:01
Posts: 20569
Location: The Devil's Triangle
Post 
SuicideCommando wrote:
zekeyou wrote:
SuicideCommando wrote:
I have been to the states, I drove from Calgary, Alberta, down to North Dakota and then down to Florida. I've heard the insults.


That just sounds funny-- driving through rural North Dakota-- "HEY YOU-- THE CANADIAN!"



lol, dude, we met some guy there in North Dakota (which is right there on the fucking border) and we told him we were form Canada, and ehs all "Oh ya? Right on, where's that, up north somewhere?"


:lol:
I don't doubt it. Many folks in the rural US that don't travel outside of their own state or even county sometimes have a hard time conceptualizing travel, geography, and what not. I lived for many years in North Dakota and Seattle, and now a small place in the Southeast US-- thousands of miles from Seattle and NoDak. Whenever I return to visit either I can't believe the number of people that ask 1) for clarification of where either is and 2) if I intend to drive back (for my 5 or 6 day vacation) :lol:

But back on topic.....


29 Dec 2005, 13:46
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 02 Feb 2003, 11:09
Posts: 66336
Location: Victoria BC
Post 
K.G. Satan wrote:
robofist wrote:
That's one of the problems with democracy- it will always be in the interests of the majority. If you're not part of that majority, too bad.



So because I don't live in Toronto, it's okay for the federal government to economically assrape me and everyone else that lives in my province???

Hey dude- I used the word "problem" for a reason! :lol:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
[sluts > virgins


Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm


29 Dec 2005, 13:46
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2003, 20:05
Posts: 4763
Location: The Rock
Post 
Luthien wrote:

...i figured with all this political talk there needed to be something stupid said.



And bless you for doing so! :lol:

_________________
"I have a million ideas... But they all lead to certain death."


29 Dec 2005, 13:47
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 04 Aug 2004, 10:48
Posts: 7126
Location: Toronto
Post 
K.G. Satan wrote:
Luthien wrote:

...i figured with all this political talk there needed to be something stupid said.



And bless you for doing so! :lol:



:bounce:

_________________
Dame Daughter of the Devil, Death be thy name.


29 Dec 2005, 13:48
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2002, 21:01
Posts: 20569
Location: The Devil's Triangle
Post 
K.G. Satan wrote:
Luthien wrote:

...i figured with all this political talk there needed to be something stupid said.



And bless you for doing so! :lol:


Indeed a Kinder, Gentler, Satan...


29 Dec 2005, 13:51
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2003, 20:05
Posts: 4763
Location: The Rock
Post 
zekeyou wrote:
K.G. Satan wrote:
Luthien wrote:

...i figured with all this political talk there needed to be something stupid said.



And bless you for doing so! :lol:


Indeed a Kinder, Gentler, Satan...



I gotta be me! :evil:

_________________
"I have a million ideas... But they all lead to certain death."


29 Dec 2005, 13:53
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 19:58
Posts: 7758
Location: CHICAGO
Post 
Luthien wrote:
my answer to this question is the same as to pretty much any other question... Because they have small peepees!

Ok, i dont know, but i figured with all this political talk there needed to be something stupid said.


HEY!!!!!!!!!
They dont call me 'the human tripod' for nuttin!
:lol:

I cant believe I started this thread.
:twisted:

_________________
corvidae wrote:

Dude, it's like, stop putting your face in bears.



http://www.myspace.com/dantyrantor


29 Dec 2005, 13:54
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 04 Aug 2004, 10:48
Posts: 7126
Location: Toronto
Post 
Dan Tyrantor wrote:
Luthien wrote:
my answer to this question is the same as to pretty much any other question... Because they have small peepees!

Ok, i dont know, but i figured with all this political talk there needed to be something stupid said.


HEY!!!!!!!!!
They dont call me 'the human tripod' for nuttin!
:lol:

I cant believe I started this thread.
:twisted:


I'm just talking out of my ass.

The only American whos peepee I ever saw was my first ex and his peepee was the size of my forearm. So.. I really can't judge about the rest of the population...

_________________
Dame Daughter of the Devil, Death be thy name.


29 Dec 2005, 13:58
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 22 Oct 2002, 22:38
Posts: 11782
Location: 41º N
Post 
SuicideCommando wrote:
This is why I boo America:

As quoted from MSNBC host Tucker Carlson


:lol: :roll:

Comedy gold!


29 Dec 2005, 14:03
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.