It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 14:07

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Why boo the Americans? 
Headbanger

Ahhhhhhh fuck it! Let's just overthrow the government. The few of us who have been debating back and forth will form a cabinet, and run shit ourselves. Our opinions are diverse enough that we can do our best to come to agreements that please all sides without serving one side more than another, and best of all, those asshats who have been running our political parties will be out of power. What do you say? Violent revolution, anybody?

I'm in!

29 Dec 2005, 14:06
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Ahhhhhhh fuck it! Let's just overthrow the government. The few of us who have been debating back and forth will form a cabinet, and run shit ourselves. Our opinions are diverse enough that we can do our best to come to agreements that please all sides without serving one side more than another, and best of all, those asshats who have been running our political parties will be out of power. What do you say? Violent revolution, anybody?

I'm in!

I suggest using the FFU, and a goat army.

29 Dec 2005, 14:07
Headbanger

This is why I boo America:

As quoted from MSNBC host Tucker Carlson-

"Canada is a sweet country. It is like your retarded cousin you see at Thanksgiving and sort of pat him on the head. You know, he's nice but you don't take him seriously. That's Canada."

He is by far not the only American I have met or heard say something like this about Canada. I know a good many, far too many, Americans feel this way (excluding some of you on here whom I know to be good people who don't harbour negative feelings towards my country).
I have been to the states, I drove from Calgary, Alberta, down to North Dakota and then down to Florida. I've heard the insults. The majority of Americans I have met think of Canada as nothing more than an unclaimed state, the retarded cousin who has yet to be diciplined.

You want my opinion Mr. Tucker Carlson? I think America is a growing cancer on the world that has long ago started infecting those around it.

Tucker Carlson is paid to give controversial opinions.

Contrast that with Carolyn Parrish and other members of the federal government of Canada who said equally offensive things about the U.S. and Americans and I think you can see there is a difference.

29 Dec 2005, 14:10
Metal Guru

I suggest using the FFU, and a goat army.

*shakes head* Aaaalways with the goat army, you.
:girl2:

Dude, it's like, stop putting your face in bears.

http://www.myspace.com/dantyrantor

29 Dec 2005, 14:10
Metal Guru

The only American whos peepee I ever saw was my first ex and his peepee was the size of my forearm.

I suddenly feel like less of a man... :(

29 Dec 2005, 14:11
Headbanger

I cant believe I started this thread.
:twisted:

Something you should be proud of.

Debate is good.

29 Dec 2005, 14:16
Metal Guru

Luthien wrote:

The only American whos peepee I ever saw was my first ex and his peepee was the size of my forearm.

i have.. short forearms?

29 Dec 2005, 14:17
Metal Guru

K.G. Satan wrote:
Luthien wrote:

i have.. short forearms?

You mean your forearms only 8" or shorter in length???

29 Dec 2005, 14:45
Metal Guru

Luthien wrote:
K.G. Satan wrote:
Luthien wrote:

i have.. short forearms?

sure. :P

29 Dec 2005, 14:48
Metal Guru

K.G. Satan wrote:
Luthien wrote:
K.G. Satan wrote:
Luthien wrote:

i have.. short forearms?

sure. :P

I don't believe you, but for the sake of my peronal confidence level, I shall convince myself of your lie... 8)

29 Dec 2005, 14:52
Metal Guru

Knut wrote:
John Schaffer Wannabe wrote:
Dan Tyrantor wrote:
You guys are THAT anti-American, huh?

last time there was hockey in the playoffs many Canadian teams when facing American teams in their arenas had the CANADIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM BOOED!! which is a low class as you can get for a sporting event. in any case the booing of a team means that there is a rivalry there and that's all it is. don't tell me you've never booed a sports team that is in the same division as your fav team when they face each other.

I think you have that backwards...it was the CANADIEN home team fans BOOING the american anthem...i remember watching all those playoff games and was stunned watching my montreal game and having the fans BOO the american anthem !!....i never watched a game where the canadien anthem was booed....get it right :?

nope sorry we had our anthem booed first and then in retaliation some of the Calgary fans did it after

JSW has it correct, he does indeed.

29 Dec 2005, 14:58
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

I have been to many hockey games in many different stadiums going as far back as the late 70's, the majority of which were in Detroit which is a stone's throw from the bridge to Windser, and I have never heard booing during the Canadian national anthem. I always enjoyed hearing it prior to a Leaf's game on Hockey night in Canada.

Sure we have gone leaps and bounds over you Canucks in soccer on the World level but all in all, you are great people 8)

I do have one problem with you guys. You are letting us take Firefarter :cry: :(

Then again, I should blame OUR border guards. :mad:

29 Dec 2005, 15:34
Profile YIM WWW
Metal Guru

i live in vancouver and i find that most people i know don't necessarily dislike americans but don't like their government. so when you hear booing of the american national anthem their not booing the hockey team but booing the american government.

29 Dec 2005, 18:06
Metal Guru

Jim McCormick wrote:
We all have to remember just because you are from a certain country does not necessarily make you the bad guy.

Remember, governments don’t always (most the time they don’t) represent the average Joe.

Agreed.

I agree too. There's good & bad in everyone, it doesn't matter.

29 Dec 2005, 22:35
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Sorry people, but have to sit back & smile a bit here while shaking my head. I know that both Canada & the US of A have problems, but I wonder what some poor soul from a downtrodden fifth world country would think about our petty complaints, really! We have it pretty good; no, we have it the best. Those that have everything complain the most. Those who have nothing remain silent.

30 Dec 2005, 14:05
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Post Re: Why boo the Amer
[quote7da96cb="Dan Tyrantor"]At the USA vs. Finland game at the World Juniors hockey tournament in Vancouver, the crowd loudly booed the Americans.
Why? These are KIDS.
:mad: :?[/quote7da96cb]

I always defend my neighbours to the south. Americans are very friendly and caring people. At sporting events I never bad mouth American teams. Why should a whole country take blame for the actions of their government? Most Canadians should shut the fuck up and look at ourselves and our government before passing judgement.

And it only shows how ignorant we are as a country when booing a bunch kids who are coming together from all over the world to compete in good sportsman ship.

30 Dec 2005, 15:20
Metal Guru

Post Re: Why boo the Amer
[quote9c27d3e="Maiden Hell"]I always defend my neighbours to the south. Americans are very friendly and caring people. At sporting events I never bad mouth American teams. Why should a whole country take blame for the actions of their government? Most Canadians should shut the fuck up and look at ourselves and our government before passing judgement.

And it only shows how ignorant we are as a country when booing a bunch kids who are coming together from all over the world to compete in good sportsman ship.[/quote9c27d3e]

Most Canadians do. And a bunch of drunk, dumb fucks at a sporting event do not. Don't generalize all Canadians by the actions of the few, that's pretty much at the same level as those few idiotic Canadians who blame all Americans for the actions of their government.

30 Dec 2005, 15:28
Metal Guru

What the fuck is up with the quotes? And the threads aren't indicating when a new (unread) message has been posted either. This board is hooped. :mad:

30 Dec 2005, 15:29
Metal Guru

Well fuck living in Toronto all my life and being pretty active in spending my time at concerts and other events' it's hilarious how 99% of the people around me start booing out loud when an American flag shows up or when the USA is being talked about in some discussion.

I'm sick of it.

Yes I know not all Canadians are not like that, that goes with out saying but it sure as hell feels that fucking way.

30 Dec 2005, 15:33
Metal Guru

[quoteb3c4ffe="Maiden Hell"]Well fuck living in Toronto all my life and being pretty active in spending my time at concerts and other events' it's hilarious how 99% of the people around me start booing out loud when an American flag shows up or when the USA is being talked about in some discussion.

I'm sick of it.

Yes I know not all Canadians are not like that, that goes with out saying but it sure as hell feels that fucking way.[/quoteb3c4ffe]

Well, now we're blurring the argument. Are you saying a) that Canadians (and others) should not conflate the American people with the actions of American government or b) that one should not express disagreement for U.S. actions that affect others.

I agree wholeheartedly with (a), but strongly disagree with (b).

Don't get me wrong, I wish that criticism of the U.S.A. in Canada (and elsewhere) was a little better-informed, balanced and appreciative of the gray areas than is generally (but not always) the case, but I guess I'd rather put up with the ignorance than shut down dialogue and criticism entirely.

30 Dec 2005, 15:39
Metal Guru

[quotefe510a7="table"]Cutting taxes increases the likely hood that an individual with either spend it or invest it. Either way it’s good for the economy.

The government currently collects more than it needs to run the core services people expect, hence the 8 or 9 years of surpluses (which is really over taxation since a government is not in business to run a profit).

I trust an individual to spend his/her money more wisely than the government. Therefore more money should be left in the hands of the individual.[/quotefe510a7]

Agree 100%

30 Dec 2005, 16:44
Profile WWW
Metal Master

I say why the fuck not. :roll:

30 Dec 2005, 16:53
Metal Guru

http://www.myspace.com/bathedinblood2k5<---------check it out.

30 Dec 2005, 19:20
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Dan Tyrantor wrote:
You guys are THAT anti-American, huh?

last time there was hockey in the playoffs many Canadian teams when facing American teams in their arenas had the CANADIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM BOOED!! which is a low class as you can get for a sporting event. in any case the booing of a team means that there is a rivalry there and that's all it is. don't tell me you've never booed a sports team that is in the same division as your fav team when they face each other.
Kinda like what Sheriff Bud Boomer and his friends did at that hockey game in "Canadian Bacon" I assume?

31 Dec 2005, 00:43
Profile YIM WWW
Metal Guru

I couldn't care less what nationality a person is as long as they're cool.

31 Dec 2005, 00:46
Profile YIM WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next