It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 10:32

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Why boo the Americans? 
Metal Guru

Post Why boo the Americans?
At the USA vs. Finland game at the World Juniors hockey tournament in Vancouver, the crowd loudly booed the Americans.
Why? These are KIDS.
:mad: :?

Dude, it's like, stop putting your face in bears.

http://www.myspace.com/dantyrantor

29 Dec 2005, 09:39
Metal Guru

Americans have done the same thing to Canadians before.

29 Dec 2005, 09:40
MetalHead

Because sooner or later, those kids will grow up to become pesky adult Americans which will still deserve booing..

Wild guess? :?

Last edited by Gryson on 29 Dec 2005, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.

29 Dec 2005, 09:41
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Something about the guns being used in the Toronto Boxing Day shooting being smuggled into Canada from the US.

29 Dec 2005, 09:41
Metal Guru

29 Dec 2005, 09:42
Metal Guru

Quote:
Main Entry: inferiority complex
Function: noun
: an acute sense of personal inferiority resulting either in timidity or through overcompensation in exaggerated aggressiveness

Source: Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

Honestly I have no real idea.

Last edited by jwbgotw on 29 Dec 2005, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.

29 Dec 2005, 09:45
Profile YIM
Metal Guru

You guys are THAT anti-American, huh?

last time there was hockey in the playoffs many Canadian teams when facing American teams in their arenas had the CANADIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM BOOED!! which is a low class as you can get for a sporting event. in any case the booing of a team means that there is a rivalry there and that's all it is. don't tell me you've never booed a sports team that is in the same division as your fav team when they face each other.

29 Dec 2005, 09:46
MetalHead

Yes, I am.. and how ironic is it that I AM American? (by birth, not by choice...)

29 Dec 2005, 09:51
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Dan Tyrantor wrote:

last time there was hockey in the playoffs many Canadian teams when facing American teams in their arenas had the CANADIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM BOOED!! which is a low class as you can get for a sporting event. in any case the booing of a team means that there is a rivalry there and that's all it is. don't tell me you've never booed a sports team that is in the same division as your fav team when they face each other.

I think you have that backwards...it was the CANADIEN home team fans BOOING the american anthem...i remember watching all those playoff games and was stunned watching my montreal game and having the fans BOO the american anthem !!....i never watched a game where the canadien anthem was booed....get it right :?

29 Dec 2005, 10:06
Metal Guru

Anyone that boos a national anthem at a sporting event is an idiot...[/u]

29 Dec 2005, 10:07
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

We all have to remember just because you are from a certain country does not necessarily make you the bad guy. I for one really dislike many of my governments policies & I truly dislike Bush, but there is not anything I can really do about Bush or his policy making right at the moment. I voted for Kerry, but to many other Americans complain, but don't get out & vote for who they feel would be best for the country, nor is there always a bright shining beacon of a candidate, but we can pick the lesser of the two evils by voting.

Remember, governments don’t always (most the time they don’t) represent the average Joe.

Last edited by Jim McCormick on 29 Dec 2005, 10:09, edited 2 times in total.

Profile WWW
Metal Guru

John Schaffer Wannabe wrote:
Dan Tyrantor wrote:

I think you have that backwards...it was the CANADIEN home team fans BOOING the american anthem...i remember watching all those playoff games and was stunned watching my montreal game and having the fans BOO the american anthem !!....i never watched a game where the canadien anthem was booed....get it right :?

nope sorry we had our anthem booed first and then in retaliation some of the Calgary fans did it after

Metal Guru

Knut wrote:
Dan Tyrantor wrote:

nope sorry we had our anthem booed first and then in retaliation some of the Calgary fans did it after

If youre talking about the World Championships in 1996, it was the Montreal and Ottawa fans that were booing our anthem. When the game was played in NY, the Canadian anthem was politely applauded.

29 Dec 2005, 10:11
Metal Guru

Knut wrote:
Dan Tyrantor wrote:

If youre talking about the World Championships in 1996, it was the Montreal and Ottawa fans that were booing our anthem. When the game was played in NY, the Canadian anthem was politely applauded.

thats correct !....the canadiens started it ;)

29 Dec 2005, 10:14
Metal Guru

Knut wrote:
Dan Tyrantor wrote:

WRONG!......

Metal Guru

i sing along to the canadian national anthem.... sans hat...hand on heart.... can sing it in french and english.... everyone i know is the same way..... ive NEVER been to a game when the canadian national anthem was booed.

i have had people throw drinks at us at the bell center simply because we were bruins fans.... but do i say canadians are rude or whatever...no

stop generalizing

Metal Guru

What about the Boston/Montreal playoff series a few years ago?
Not a peep in the Fleet Center when the Canadian anthem was played, but at the Molson Centre....... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

29 Dec 2005, 10:16
Metal Guru

Not a peep in the Fleet Center when the Canadian anthem was played, but at the Molson Centre....... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Frenchies = not Canadian

it's like Farty we don't consider him part of the country he's just out there on his own

29 Dec 2005, 10:20
Metal Guru

:lol:

29 Dec 2005, 10:20
Headbanger

Something about the guns being used in the Toronto Boxing Day shooting being smuggled into Canada from the US.

There's no evidence to support that yet.
And even if does end up proving true in time, the fact is, that these guns are being smuggled across the Canadian border by Canadian criminals therefore it's a Canadian problem.

29 Dec 2005, 10:21
Metal Guru

thats what i was talking about.....i watched that whole series...i am a BIG montreal fan and i was pissed the canadiens fans booooo the american anthem...the montreal canadiens owner was PISSED !...hell i think he is AMERICAN :) ...when the games switched to boston...the canadien anthem was NEVER boooed !!!

Last edited by Knut on 29 Dec 2005, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.

29 Dec 2005, 10:22
Metal Guru

zekeyou wrote:

And even if does end up proving true in time, the fact is, that these guns are being smuggled across the Canadian border by Canadian criminals therefore it's a Canadian problem.

'twas in jest....

29 Dec 2005, 10:23
Headbanger

table wrote:
zekeyou wrote:

'twas in jest....

my mistake

29 Dec 2005, 10:29
MetalHead

We all have to remember just because you are from a certain country does not necessarily make you the bad guy.

Remember, governments don’t always (most the time they don’t) represent the average Joe.

Agreed.

29 Dec 2005, 10:31
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

29 Dec 2005, 10:35
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next