It is currently 24 Jul 2017, 01:32



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!) 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 60943
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
kv286 wrote:
Here's my final list from page 1. Wish I got more time to spend on the Sonata Arctica before finalizing but whatever. If I re-do this list 1 year from now it will probably be quite different anyway. Once I have a few moments I will go through this thread a little more thoroughly and scrutinize all yous guys' joke lists. Katatonia FTW!!!!!!!

1) Katatonia - The Fall of Hearts
2) Destruction - Under Attack
3) Horseback - Dead Ringers
4) Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror
5) Grave at Sea - The Curse That Is
6) Dark Funeral - Where Shadows Forever Reign
7) Meshuggah - The Violent Sleep of Reason
8 ) Sonata Arctica - The Nincth Hour
9) Lost Society - Braindead
10) Obscura – Akroasis
11) Devin Townsend – Transcendence
12) Voivod – Post Society
13) Avantasia – Ghostlights
14) Sodom – Decision Day
15) Anthrax – For All Kings


With Dark Funeral at #6 I'd be careful whose list you call a joke. :)

_________________
No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings. --William Blake


04 Jan 2017, 04:01
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 25 Jul 2004, 20:50
Posts: 2389
Location: Ken Kelly owns ye all
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
Speelie wrote:
Newly updated on December 28, 2016.

1. Moonsorrow – Jumalten Aika
2. Romuvos – Infront of Destiny
3. Iron Savior – Titancraft
4. Ars Moriendi - Sepelitur Alleluia
5. Mystik - Dunkla Klangor... (Kapitel I)
6. Mystik - Af Herrens Mystik... (Kapitel II)
7. Sanctuaire - Le sang sur l'acier
8. Graveland/Nocturnal Mortem – The Spirit Never Dies
9. Winterlore – Winterlore
10. Sojurner – Empires of Ash
11. Skuggsjá – A Piece for Mind & Mirror
12. Fuath – I
13. Druadan Forest – The Loremasters Time
14. Saor – Guardians
15. Borknagar – Winter Thrice

Honorable Mention – Havukruunu – Rautaa Ja Tulta (reissue of the 2014 EP with four new 2016 songs)

Song of the Year – Romuvos – Let Thy Gods Sing Your Glory Hymn



My list from Page 3. Forteresse - Themes pour la Rebellion just missed my list, FWIW. And I only heard Elffor for the first time last week, but Malkhedant would have made my top 20. Also, the two Mystik albums have gotten little attention, but are really good Black Metal by the same guy, Swartadauþuz, who does the well-respected Bekëth Nexëhmü.

_________________
The difference between hungry and horny is what you do with the cucumber.


04 Jan 2017, 12:54
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2004, 11:40
Posts: 13227
Location: Quebec, Canada
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
After 13 edits i think i got it for the final call on page 1!

:lol:

_________________
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Monos4
http://monos4.deviantart.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Monos4
https://bandcamp.com/monos4
https://grandaltarofsatanicwintergoats1.bandcamp.com/


04 Jan 2017, 13:01
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 38734
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
thelostpatrol wrote:
kv286 wrote:
Here's my final list from page 1. Wish I got more time to spend on the Sonata Arctica before finalizing but whatever. If I re-do this list 1 year from now it will probably be quite different anyway. Once I have a few moments I will go through this thread a little more thoroughly and scrutinize all yous guys' joke lists. Katatonia FTW!!!!!!!

1) Katatonia - The Fall of Hearts
2) Destruction - Under Attack
3) Horseback - Dead Ringers
4) Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror
5) Grave at Sea - The Curse That Is
6) Dark Funeral - Where Shadows Forever Reign
7) Meshuggah - The Violent Sleep of Reason
8 ) Sonata Arctica - The Nincth Hour
9) Lost Society - Braindead
10) Obscura – Akroasis
11) Devin Townsend – Transcendence
12) Voivod – Post Society
13) Avantasia – Ghostlights
14) Sodom – Decision Day
15) Anthrax – For All Kings


With Dark Funeral at #6 I'd be careful whose list you call a joke. :)


Yeah this braveboarder's list is not far off from being the braveboards list. :)


04 Jan 2017, 14:57
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2009, 13:00
Posts: 14769
Location: The Depths of Hell
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
Blasphomet wrote:
thelostpatrol wrote:
kv286 wrote:
Here's my final list from page 1. Wish I got more time to spend on the Sonata Arctica before finalizing but whatever. If I re-do this list 1 year from now it will probably be quite different anyway. Once I have a few moments I will go through this thread a little more thoroughly and scrutinize all yous guys' joke lists. Katatonia FTW!!!!!!!

1) Katatonia - The Fall of Hearts
2) Destruction - Under Attack
3) Horseback - Dead Ringers
4) Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror
5) Grave at Sea - The Curse That Is
6) Dark Funeral - Where Shadows Forever Reign
7) Meshuggah - The Violent Sleep of Reason
8 ) Sonata Arctica - The Nincth Hour
9) Lost Society - Braindead
10) Obscura – Akroasis
11) Devin Townsend – Transcendence
12) Voivod – Post Society
13) Avantasia – Ghostlights
14) Sodom – Decision Day
15) Anthrax – For All Kings


With Dark Funeral at #6 I'd be careful whose list you call a joke. :)


Yeah this braveboarder's list is not far off from being the braveboards list. :)

Whatevs, that DF was solid.

_________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.


04 Jan 2017, 20:21
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 67503
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
That Dark Funeral album is fantastic :m:

_________________
Required Fields wrote:
Heartwork was my JAM in the summer of 2000!


04 Jan 2017, 21:46
Profile
Metal Guru

Joined: 22 Feb 2010, 23:31
Posts: 1116
Location: Calgary, Canada
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
Looks like Moonsorrow will rank high this year. I listened to it yesterday and have to say it gets better with each listen.


04 Jan 2017, 23:00
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 04 Aug 2006, 09:25
Posts: 5776
Location: Ottawa
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
Exorcist wrote:
That Dark Funeral album is fantastic :m:


It is! :shred:

_________________
Dont ever pull out, its to much fun to see their expression mid-load - RustyIrish


05 Jan 2017, 07:43
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 67503
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
Bloodline wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
That Dark Funeral album is fantastic :m:


It is! :shred:


As I Ascend is the only song on it that I don't like. The rest of it? Satan should be pleased :m:

_________________
Required Fields wrote:
Heartwork was my JAM in the summer of 2000!


05 Jan 2017, 07:44
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 04 Aug 2006, 09:25
Posts: 5776
Location: Ottawa
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
Exorcist wrote:
Bloodline wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
That Dark Funeral album is fantastic :m:


It is! :shred:


As I Ascend is the only song on it that I don't like. The rest of it? Satan should be pleased :m:


Ave Satanas!!!

Temple of Ahriman being my favorite track.

_________________
Dont ever pull out, its to much fun to see their expression mid-load - RustyIrish


05 Jan 2017, 10:03
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 28 Mar 2005, 01:51
Posts: 7957
Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
Exorcist wrote:
That Dark Funeral album is fantastic :m:

Was it though? I certainly felt disappointed with it.

_________________
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ DON'T GIVE MOD POWERS ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Website My book Twitter Instagrim

Image Image
Metal_King wrote:
Sorry, I don't have a shit fetish.


05 Jan 2017, 10:18
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 67503
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
OptionalPlayer wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
That Dark Funeral album is fantastic :m:

Was it though? I certainly felt disappointed with it.


I think it's their best since Diabolis Interium :abbath:

_________________
Required Fields wrote:
Heartwork was my JAM in the summer of 2000!


05 Jan 2017, 11:30
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 15:09
Posts: 10879
Location: Germany
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
I'm sure Voodoo loves the old Crowbar stuff more than the recent ones, that would make it obvious why he voted it #1. I like the record a lot and it has the "old" crowbar feeling, but I like the last records a little bit more, because Kirk was showing a bit more melody and stuff like that :)


05 Jan 2017, 13:23
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 15:09
Posts: 10879
Location: Germany
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
Totally forgot that there was a new Myrkgrav record out :stupider:


05 Jan 2017, 14:54
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 04:02
Posts: 2415
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
1. Gaoth - Dying Season's Glory
2. DRAUGNIM - Vulturine
3. Fates Warning - Theories Of Flight
4. Moonsorrow - Jumalten Aika
5. The Cult - Hidden City
6. Borknagar - Winter Thrice
7. Heimdall's Wacht - Geisterseher
8. Elderblood - Messiah
9. Forteresse - Thèmes pour la rébellion
10. Oak Pantheon - In Pieces
11. Saor - Guardians
12. BELENOS - KORNOG
13. Fejd - Trolldom
14. Marsh Dweller - The Weight of Sunlight
15. Winterfylleth - The Dark Hereafter

Bonus

Paganland - From Carpathian Land
SIG:AR:TYR - Northen
Sojourner – ‘Empires of Ash’
Ancestors Blood - Hyperborea
Fuath - I
Myrkgrav - Takk Og Farvel Tida Er Blitt Ei Annen
Alkonost - Песни белой лилии
HORDAK - Padre
Walgefulster - Weltenwanderer
Uada - Devoid of Light
Sidhe - Contenebrat
Evergrey - The Storm Within
Sodom - Decision Day
Jackyl – Rowyco
Abbath
Lutece - From Glory Towards Void

_________________
X-Novo - review - Kindle - Itunes - Kobo -


Last edited by Ragnarok11 on 05 Jan 2017, 17:18, edited 3 times in total.



05 Jan 2017, 16:14
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 15:09
Posts: 10879
Location: Germany
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
That The Cult record is great :guitar: more people here should listen to this


05 Jan 2017, 16:45
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2009, 02:32
Posts: 23680
Location: E 99th & St.Clair
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
I saw what you DID THERE :)

_________________
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Take your rhythmless Varg-borne black "metal" and shove it up your poser vaginas alongside your Dead Can Dance records.


05 Jan 2017, 19:06
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2009, 13:00
Posts: 14769
Location: The Depths of Hell
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
Domsen wrote:
I'm sure Voodoo loves the old Crowbar stuff more than the recent ones, that would make it obvious why he voted it #1. I like the record a lot and it has the "old" crowbar feeling, but I like the last records a little bit more, because Kirk was showing a bit more melody and stuff like that :)

Exactly why I dug it. :)

Took me back to '93.

_________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.


05 Jan 2017, 21:26
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 15:09
Posts: 10879
Location: Germany
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
voodoo dust wrote:
Domsen wrote:
I'm sure Voodoo loves the old Crowbar stuff more than the recent ones, that would make it obvious why he voted it #1. I like the record a lot and it has the "old" crowbar feeling, but I like the last records a little bit more, because Kirk was showing a bit more melody and stuff like that :)

Exactly why I dug it. :)

Took me back to '93.


I can "read" you :lol:

Dude I like your taste. But like I said, I see you posting only Metal here. I would be so much interested in seeing what kind of "normal" rock music or 90s stuff you like.


06 Jan 2017, 09:30
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2009, 13:00
Posts: 14769
Location: The Depths of Hell
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
Domsen wrote:
voodoo dust wrote:
Domsen wrote:
I'm sure Voodoo loves the old Crowbar stuff more than the recent ones, that would make it obvious why he voted it #1. I like the record a lot and it has the "old" crowbar feeling, but I like the last records a little bit more, because Kirk was showing a bit more melody and stuff like that :)

Exactly why I dug it. :)

Took me back to '93.


I can "read" you :lol:

Dude I like your taste. But like I said, I see you posting only Metal here. I would be so much interested in seeing what kind of "normal" rock music or 90s stuff you like.

Lemme think of a list and I'll post one. There's gonna be a shit ton of albums for sure.

_________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.


07 Jan 2017, 02:48
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Nov 2004, 08:20
Posts: 9279
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
Domsen wrote:
That The Cult record is great :guitar: more people here should listen to this


Terrific album.

_________________
"The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money" - Margaret Thatcher (1925-2013)


07 Jan 2017, 08:18
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 May 2003, 18:34
Posts: 11605
Location: London, Canada
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
taz wrote:
Domsen wrote:
That The Cult record is great :guitar: more people here should listen to this


Terrific album.

I'm a big fan and think it's ver good but my least favourite of the albums since Beyond Good and Evil.


07 Jan 2017, 11:02
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 15:09
Posts: 10879
Location: Germany
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
Headquake wrote:
taz wrote:
Domsen wrote:
That The Cult record is great :guitar: more people here should listen to this


Terrific album.

I'm a big fan and think it's ver good but my least favourite of the albums since Beyond Good and Evil.


Wasn't a big fan of that record. sounded to modern for me.


07 Jan 2017, 11:23
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2014, 18:30
Posts: 3111
Location: Toronto
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
thelostpatrol wrote:
kv286 wrote:
Here's my final list from page 1. Wish I got more time to spend on the Sonata Arctica before finalizing but whatever. If I re-do this list 1 year from now it will probably be quite different anyway. Once I have a few moments I will go through this thread a little more thoroughly and scrutinize all yous guys' joke lists. Katatonia FTW!!!!!!!

1) Katatonia - The Fall of Hearts
2) Destruction - Under Attack
3) Horseback - Dead Ringers
4) Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror
5) Grave at Sea - The Curse That Is
6) Dark Funeral - Where Shadows Forever Reign
7) Meshuggah - The Violent Sleep of Reason
8 ) Sonata Arctica - The Nincth Hour
9) Lost Society - Braindead
10) Obscura – Akroasis
11) Devin Townsend – Transcendence
12) Voivod – Post Society
13) Avantasia – Ghostlights
14) Sodom – Decision Day
15) Anthrax – For All Kings


With Dark Funeral at #6 I'd be careful whose list you call a joke. :)


Ugh. When can the next page start so this isn't always the first thing see when I open this thread.

_________________
"If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body?"


07 Jan 2017, 19:14
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2007, 11:29
Posts: 36460
Location: off somewhere fighting the world
Post Re: TOP ALBUMS OF 2016 (VOTE!)
just hit the blue arrow all the way to the right of the thread link.

_________________
I steal and kill to stay alive, not for the luxury of glory.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.


07 Jan 2017, 19:19
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.