It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 08:56

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Tell me about Lich King 
Metal Guru

Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
I wish I had a successful band so I could lurk message boards all day.

Website My book Twitter Instagrim

Image Image
Metal_King wrote:
Sorry, I don't have a shit fetish.

04 Jan 2014, 11:19
Profile WWW

Why the fuck is everyone running around screaming "OH SHIT WORLD STAR HIP HOP"? This isn't a huge deal. I jump in to defend us against hyperbolic dickbags that probably never wrote a riff in their lives now and then. Like this guy.

Burst Command Til War wrote:
But seriously, it's good to know that, on top of playing in a shitty bottom-tier party thrash band, the guy is also a pathetic loser who gets upset when people put down his band. Fucking amazing. Burning Blade and I must have a thing for breaking the hearts of falses - we truly are soulmates.

"Bottom-tier party thrash" tells me- again- that you've listened to the one song, and that you're really not aware of what we do.

President Bagel wrote:
How is it a filler song if you, yourselves touted it as the album's featured song, complete with its very own t-shirt?

We never touted it as anything but a bad song. Sadly, for years, it was also our most popular song, and that's why we printed shirts. The shirts sell.

Burning Blade wrote:
OMG I AM SO SORRY FOR HURTING YOUR FEELINGS

Sorry man, you lost this one before I even showed up with that link in your sig.

I know what everyone's talking about with "pizza thrash." The bands with the songs about beer and pizza and posers. We know they stink. We look down on them too.

I didn't come here to just start and maintain fights, that's lame. The point is: give us a chance, then decide. Don't just listen to the dumb throwaway old shit. Try something off this: http://lichkingmetal.bandcamp.com/album ... the-bomb-2

An illustration of this, back on page 1:
Xerxes wrote:
This thread got me listening to their newer shit. I like it, here's why:

• They show clear improvement between records.
  • They come pretty close to refreshing despite their imitative nature.
  • And I don't mind the conversational lyrics as much as I probably ought to.

Fuck it. :m:

04 Jan 2014, 11:20
Metal Guru

Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Lich King wrote:
This isn't a huge deal.

Nailed it.

Website My book Twitter Instagrim

Image Image
Metal_King wrote:
Sorry, I don't have a shit fetish.

04 Jan 2014, 11:22
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Now how long did it take you to construct that? Also for a guy who goes on about 'riffs' as much as you do, you don't have very interesting ones and yes I've listened to a bunch of songs on youtube trying to find a redeeming quality about your band for the sake of arguing...

I found none.

:lol:

04 Jan 2014, 11:33
Metal Guru

Lich King wrote:
But seriously, it's good to know that, on top of playing in a shitty bottom-tier party thrash band, the guy is also a pathetic loser who gets upset when people put down his band. Fucking amazing. Burning Blade and I must have a thing for breaking the hearts of falses - we truly are soulmates.

"Bottom-tier party thrash" tells me- again- that you've listened to the one song, and that you're really not aware of what we do.

These fine folks may have missed out on the party, but I have in fact seen your band, and I endorse BCTW's statement. I didn't entirely before but now that you're kicking up a fuss because a couple people on a messageboard can't be arsed to fully immerse themselves your oeuvre before switching to something else, I can confidently get behind her assessment. You've sadly outed yourself as massively insecure (and I know you're gonna try to refute this, but honestly, JOINING MESSAGE BOARDS TO DEFEND YOUR BAND IS CATEGORICALLY BONA FIDE NERD BEHAVIOUR) and now we're all having a laugh at your expense. So, thank you.

You clearly don't take yourselves that seriously on stage, try using the same technique in your online presence instead of hunting down tha haterz one by one. All I'm getting from your posts now is "HEY DICKBAGS PLEASE LISTEN TO US???" and it's really pathetic. If you had the same IDGAF kind of attitude towards non-fans as you did towards the subject matter of songs like Axe Cop or ED-209, at least you wouldn't come off like a desperate teenager aggressively presenting a cute girl with an itemized list of reasons why she should make out with him.

Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm

04 Jan 2014, 12:36
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

I don't really have an opinion either way. The music was OK, nothing I'd really throw on again. I did specifically check ED-209 just to see if they would mention the stairs issue.

ED-209
Evildoers, say your prayers
ED-209
Twin autoguns it wears
ED-209
Only way to ever beat it is
Just to take the stairs

So, bonus points awarded there.

04 Jan 2014, 12:48
Metal Guru

Lich King wrote:
Why the fuck is everyone running around screaming "OH SHIT WORLD STAR HIP HOP"? This isn't a huge deal. I jump in to defend us against hyperbolic dickbags that probably never wrote a riff in their lives now and then. Like this guy.

President Bagel wrote:
How is it a filler song if you, yourselves touted it as the album's featured song, complete with its very own t-shirt?

We never touted it as anything but a bad song. Sadly, for years, it was also our most popular song, and that's why we printed shirts. The shirts sell.

Burning Blade wrote:
OMG I AM SO SORRY FOR HURTING YOUR FEELINGS

Sorry man, you lost this one before I even showed up with that link in your sig.

I know what everyone's talking about with "pizza thrash." The bands with the songs about beer and pizza and posers. We know they stink. We look down on them too.

I didn't come here to just start and maintain fights, that's lame. The point is: give us a chance, then decide. Don't just listen to the dumb throwaway old shit. Try something off this: http://lichkingmetal.bandcamp.com/album ... the-bomb-2

An illustration of this, back on page 1:
Xerxes wrote:
This thread got me listening to their newer shit. I like it, here's why:

• They show clear improvement between records.
  • They come pretty close to refreshing despite their imitative nature.
  • And I don't mind the conversational lyrics as much as I probably ought to.

Fuck it. :m:

This is just some neutral advice. Even if you are in the right and think you have the right to defend yourself and your band, responding to random people on a message board will do you and your bandmates no favors. It only looks bad for you. It looks petulant and people will remember it, right or wrong. It's just the way it is.

04 Jan 2014, 12:53
Metal Illuminati

robofist wrote:
at least you wouldn't come off like a desperate teenager aggressively presenting a cute girl with an itemized list of reasons why she should make out with him.

holy shit, does that work?!?! :)

04 Jan 2014, 12:55
Metal Guru

Fatal if swallowed wrote:
robofist wrote:
at least you wouldn't come off like a desperate teenager aggressively presenting a cute girl with an itemized list of reasons why she should make out with him.

No :peeved:

04 Jan 2014, 12:56
Metal Illuminati

Exorcist wrote:
Fatal if swallowed wrote:
robofist wrote:

No :peeved:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

04 Jan 2014, 12:57
Metal Guru

And when I said "read the footnotes!" her boyfriend stuffed me in a locker!

Sylvus
Misthelm

04 Jan 2014, 12:57
Profile WWW

Ruke wrote:
Now how long did it take you to construct that?

Two minutes, how long does it take YOU to type up a couple of paragraphs' worth of text? Geez dude.

Ruke wrote:
Also for a guy who goes on about 'riffs' as much as you do, you don't have very interesting ones and yes I've listened to a bunch of songs on youtube trying to find a redeeming quality about your band for the sake of arguing...

I found none.

:lol:

Sorry to hear about your shitty taste in thrash. But hey, you put a laughing emoticon after your insult, so you really spiked the ball there. You got me.

Burst Command Til War - the "we can shit on you all you want but if you fight back, that's pathetic and sad" defense. I'm not sure how that works. As to being insecure- yep, guilty as charged, but I don't really understand how it's considered gauche to address people that are gleefully attacking you.

..."Sylvus," huh? Didn't want to kick band name ideas around the practice room a while longer?

Last edited by Lich King on 04 Jan 2014, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.

04 Jan 2014, 13:12
Metal Guru

So because I don't like your band.. I have shitty taste in thrash?

GET OVER YOURSELF MAN! YOU ARE A DROP IN A BUCKET OF A WAY OVER SATURATED GENRE! IF YOU THINK YOUR BAND IS THAT IMPORTANT, YOU ARE FUCKING DREAMING!

04 Jan 2014, 13:15

Ruke wrote:

That was mostly designed to get you to name-drop thrash you DO like, because I'm sure it's telling. It's far more fun to be insulted by a guy that brags about liking awful metal. Guess I put that cheese in the mousetrap for nothing.

04 Jan 2014, 13:19
Metal Guru

How are you this butthurt :roll: :roll: :roll:

And yeah, it was Sylvus or Goats On Boats. At the time, going with a generic latin-esque name seemed like a good move, but now I wonder what could have been...

Sylvus
Misthelm

04 Jan 2014, 13:19
Profile WWW

"Butthurt" is a cheap cop-out word for people that employ the "don't fight back or you're pathetic" thing I just talked about. Lame.

04 Jan 2014, 13:23
Metal Guru

Still acting like a defensive teenager, eh? Yes, this is how this works. You're playing (arguably, although you're the only one arguing against this) sub-par music in, as Ruke put, a genre that was oversaturated to begin with. Furthermore, you have released albums and played shows and for the most part your band is pretty well known. When you put your art out there, people have the right to criticize it. When you come in and start defending yourself, you look like an insecure idiot and it wins no favours with anyone - all you're doing is digging yourself into a hole.

How are you not getting this?

Edit - Unrelated to this thread, but the guy I made cry because I told him I didn't like his band - the italisized part is aimed directly at you.

Auslander, on Burning Ham wrote:
Of course, he's a complete twerp

Last edited by Burst Command Til War on 04 Jan 2014, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

04 Jan 2014, 13:24
Metal Guru

Judging from all the hyper sensitivity going on in this thread, I am surprised there aren't more Cyclone Temple influenced thrash bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOcmqvKaytg

04 Jan 2014, 13:25
Metal Guru

Lich King wrote:
Ruke wrote:

That was mostly designed to get you to name-drop thrash you DO like, because I'm sure it's telling. It's far more fun to be insulted by a guy that brags about liking awful metal. Guess I put that cheese in the mousetrap for nothing.

Well I have been rocking a lot of Sadus lately, but that is not the point. The point is you are crying because your band sucks, your 'riffs' suck and Lich King does not have one single quality that separates them from the rest of this retro-thrash genre that exploded in the mid 2000's. You all sound like fucking clones.

Get over it, move on.

04 Jan 2014, 13:26
Metal Guru

"Your band is so fucking shit. I had to sign up for a forum to say that but whateva no big deal shitheads. BTW check out my band plzzzz. No big deal yo."

Oh man. Oh man. Oh man.

You deliver dude, you deliver. I don't even think Dave Mustaine is this insecure!

Hahaha!

I really couldn't care less what you think of my band, I really couldn't. The fact is I have fans and I am backed by some really talented people despite having waaay too many years of inactivity - and I appreciate them all with the highest accord. I wish things could be better surrounding my situation (I have had much material written but as of yet unreleased) but I am extremely thankful for the support that I do have.

Full line-up achieved though! Demo coming soon! Album to follow! :beer:

Also... GOATS ON BOATS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Website

04 Jan 2014, 13:31
Metal Guru

Lich King wrote:
"Butthurt" is a cheap cop-out word for people that employ the "don't fight back or you're pathetic" thing I just talked about. Lame.

Fight back against people not liking your band and saying as much? OK. OK.
When you put your art out there, people have the right to criticize it.

:thumb: Exactly. If you do feel you have to respond to it, try to do so in a way that isn't so pathetic.

Sylvus
Misthelm

04 Jan 2014, 13:34
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

LOOL KING

04 Jan 2014, 13:40
Metal Guru

Burning Blade wrote:
Also... GOATS ON BOATS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Böaty GöatseX

Sylvus
Misthelm

04 Jan 2014, 13:40
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

While were all plugging,

My band is Ryan and the Awesomes. New album out soon. Check it out. We are ironic party-core, comparable to nothing. Motorboatable!!! :m:

04 Jan 2014, 13:42
Metal Guru

robofist wrote:
Böaty GöatseX

TOTAL SUPPORT

04 Jan 2014, 13:44
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next