It is currently 17 Nov 2018, 07:02



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Tell me about Lich King 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 02 Feb 2003, 11:09
Posts: 66581
Location: Hogtown
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Rocky Dennis wrote:
robofist wrote:
Böaty GöatseX


TOTAL SUPPORT

The Göat Is On
Göats For Satan
Eternal Göats Of Metal
Boaty Göatsex
The Göat Is Better Than The Böat

Upcoming single "Fullgöat Böatication" with the B-side "Böathammer"

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
[sluts > virgins


Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm


04 Jan 2014, 13:49
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2006, 13:17
Posts: 14207
Location: Casterly Rock / Evergreen Terrace
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Robo can you actually write a song called 'The Goat is Better Than the Boat"

_________________
robofist wrote:
TIE fighter wasn't a rebel starfighter you ignorant sack of shit

Auslander, on Burning Ham wrote:
Of course, he's a complete twerp


04 Jan 2014, 13:51
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 02 Feb 2003, 11:09
Posts: 66581
Location: Hogtown
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
yes

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
[sluts > virgins


Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm


04 Jan 2014, 13:58
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 01 Nov 2009, 22:51
Posts: 21912
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Lich King wrote:
Ruke wrote:
Now how long did it take you to construct that?

Two minutes, how long does it take YOU to type up a couple of paragraphs' worth of text? Geez dude.

Ruke wrote:
Also for a guy who goes on about 'riffs' as much as you do, you don't have very interesting ones and yes I've listened to a bunch of songs on youtube trying to find a redeeming quality about your band for the sake of arguing...

I found none.

:lol:

Sorry to hear about your shitty taste in thrash. But hey, you put a laughing emoticon after your insult, so you really spiked the ball there. You got me.

Burst Command Til War - the "we can shit on you all you want but if you fight back, that's pathetic and sad" defense. I'm not sure how that works. As to being insecure- yep, guilty as charged, but I don't really understand how it's considered gauche to address people that are gleefully attacking you.


..."Sylvus," huh? Didn't want to kick band name ideas around the practice room a while longer?

I wonder if the rest of your band know you're doing this. Do you speak for them too? Believe it or not man, I've seen bands break up because of stupid shit like this. You need to just ignore it.

_________________
Rook wrote:
poop


04 Jan 2014, 13:59
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2005, 17:51
Posts: 10582
Location: Paddling a boat up the dum-dum river
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Exactly, in 24 hours you have gone from "silly retro-thrash band I'd go see live and drink to" to "You couldn't pay me to go see Lich King"


04 Jan 2014, 14:02
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 02 Feb 2003, 11:09
Posts: 66581
Location: Hogtown
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
I will DEFINITELY go see Lich King again, and I will wear corpse paint. And eat pizza. And not share.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
[sluts > virgins


Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm


04 Jan 2014, 14:03
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2008, 04:28
Posts: 8680
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
HAHAHAHAHAHA

BEST THREAD EVER


Burning Blade wrote:
Apparently he's behaved this way on the Metal-Archives forum as well as reddit.

Utterly hilarious!


It goes back far earlier than that.

These guys have been "defending" their particular brand of shit since 2008. We had several posts over on RC (subforum of Ulimate Metal) and these guys materialized out of nowhere to defend themselves. One of them ended up quitting the band and talking shit about them as well.


04 Jan 2014, 14:04
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 20 May 2004, 17:45
Posts: 14675
Location: Winnipeg,MB
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Defending shitty metal is never an easy job.

_________________
Anhur wrote:
Somebody call a plumber, the hockey thread is leaking.


04 Jan 2014, 14:08
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2006, 13:17
Posts: 14207
Location: Casterly Rock / Evergreen Terrace
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Especially if you set google alerts (in 2008!) to find out if anyone out there is making derogatory remarks about your band

_________________
robofist wrote:
TIE fighter wasn't a rebel starfighter you ignorant sack of shit

Auslander, on Burning Ham wrote:
Of course, he's a complete twerp


Last edited by Burst Command Til War on 04 Jan 2014, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.



04 Jan 2014, 14:10
Profile
Newbie

Joined: 04 Jan 2014, 00:53
Posts: 7
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Every smaller band people may be talking about somewhere uses google alerts. No exceptions.

Vittra wrote:
One of them ended up quitting the band and talking shit about them as well.

...Pretty sure you're thinking of some other shitty 8th-tier retro thrash band, none of our ex-members have an unkind word to say.

All right, this seems to be going the whole "it's hilarious and pathetic that he does this" route. No one's having a conversation, everyone's just trying to hit me as hard as they can with insults and emoticons and other grade school lollery.

If I do wind up trundling off and ignoring this, watch as "he started fighting back, we win!!!" turns into "he stopped fighting back, we win!!!"


04 Jan 2014, 14:17
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 01 Nov 2009, 22:51
Posts: 21912
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Image

_________________
Rook wrote:
poop


04 Jan 2014, 14:19
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2006, 13:17
Posts: 14207
Location: Casterly Rock / Evergreen Terrace
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
I count any time I don't have to hear your band as a win

_________________
robofist wrote:
TIE fighter wasn't a rebel starfighter you ignorant sack of shit

Auslander, on Burning Ham wrote:
Of course, he's a complete twerp


04 Jan 2014, 14:19
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2005, 17:51
Posts: 10582
Location: Paddling a boat up the dum-dum river
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
You brought it on yourself man.


04 Jan 2014, 14:26
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 02 Feb 2003, 11:09
Posts: 66581
Location: Hogtown
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Lich King wrote:
All right, this seems to be going the whole "it's hilarious and pathetic that he does this" route. No one's having a conversation, everyone's just trying to hit me as hard as they can with insults and emoticons and other grade school lollery.

If I do wind up trundling off and ignoring this, watch as "he started fighting back, we win!!!" turns into "he stopped fighting back, we win!!!"

You've just illustrated perfectly why arguing with people about why they should like your band is a fool's errand. Learn to roll with the hate or ignore it like every virtually other band ever.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
[sluts > virgins


Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm


04 Jan 2014, 14:31
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2007, 11:29
Posts: 41598
Location: off somewhere fighting the world
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
a grown man in a band that will never amount to anything using google alerts? dude, this guy is a fucking gem.
anyhow, listened to some tracks. i guess if you like riffs that could have been more creative had they come out of a fart simulator, it aint that bad.

_________________
I steal and kill to stay alive, not for the luxury of glory.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.


04 Jan 2014, 14:33
Profile
Newbie

Joined: 04 Jan 2014, 00:53
Posts: 7
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
robofist wrote:
You've just illustrated perfectly why arguing with people about why they should like your band is a fool's errand.

Not what I've been doing. I've been arguing people shouldn't hate my band for dumb, spiteful reasons and I failed.


04 Jan 2014, 14:35
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2010, 09:07
Posts: 3021
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
This whole thread has been pretty bizarre. This is like every band involved going into the "most disappointing albums" and throwing a fit about why they are there.

When you put yourself out there with your music, you're going to get criticism, positive or negative. Why bother focusing on the negative?


04 Jan 2014, 14:35
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2007, 11:29
Posts: 41598
Location: off somewhere fighting the world
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Lich King wrote:
robofist wrote:
You've just illustrated perfectly why arguing with people about why they should like your band is a fool's errand.

Not what I've been doing. I've been arguing people shouldn't hate my band for dumb, spiteful reasons and I failed.

so they they hate your band cause you are a larry.

_________________
I steal and kill to stay alive, not for the luxury of glory.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.


04 Jan 2014, 14:40
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2006, 13:17
Posts: 14207
Location: Casterly Rock / Evergreen Terrace
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Salz wrote:
This whole thread has been pretty bizarre. This is like every band involved going into the "most disappointing albums" and throwing a fit about why they are there.

When you put yourself out there with your music, you're going to get criticism, positive or negative. Why bother focusing on the negative?


Because he's a loser with nothing better to do.

_________________
robofist wrote:
TIE fighter wasn't a rebel starfighter you ignorant sack of shit

Auslander, on Burning Ham wrote:
Of course, he's a complete twerp


04 Jan 2014, 14:41
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2010, 09:07
Posts: 3021
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Burst Command Til War wrote:
Salz wrote:
This whole thread has been pretty bizarre. This is like every band involved going into the "most disappointing albums" and throwing a fit about why they are there.

When you put yourself out there with your music, you're going to get criticism, positive or negative. Why bother focusing on the negative?


Because he's a loser with nothing better to do.


Image


04 Jan 2014, 14:46
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 02 Feb 2003, 11:09
Posts: 66581
Location: Hogtown
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Lich King wrote:
robofist wrote:
You've just illustrated perfectly why arguing with people about why they should like your band is a fool's errand.

Not what I've been doing. I've been arguing people shouldn't hate my band for dumb, spiteful reasons and I failed.

it'll be ok man

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
[sluts > virgins


Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm


04 Jan 2014, 14:46
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Joined: 18 Aug 2006, 03:15
Posts: 35663
Location: Buffalo, NY
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
If it makes you feel any better, I genuinely think you have some consistently good album art. :angel:


04 Jan 2014, 15:08
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2006, 23:26
Posts: 18846
Location: Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Lich King wrote:
Every smaller band people may be talking about somewhere uses google alerts. No exceptions.

Vittra wrote:
One of them ended up quitting the band and talking shit about them as well.

...Pretty sure you're thinking of some other shitty 8th-tier retro thrash band, none of our ex-members have an unkind word to say.

All right, this seems to be going the whole "it's hilarious and pathetic that he does this" route. No one's having a conversation, everyone's just trying to hit me as hard as they can with insults and emoticons and other grade school lollery.

If I do wind up trundling off and ignoring this, watch as "he started fighting back, we win!!!" turns into "he stopped fighting back, we win!!!"


Nobody is winning anything here, least of all you. I listened to some of your music, and it sounds like just another band out to thrash it up and have a good time. It didn’t really grab me at all, but whatever it’s thrash and the guys are probably having fun playing it. Now, Lich King is the band with that dude that showed up in that thread and pitched a big fit because a couple of assholes from Canada said that they played pizza thrash. Apparently your brand of party thrash is serious business to you, and from where I sit that’s sort of a bad look given the type of music that you play. You are coming off more like basement black metal guy than thrash it up and pound some cheap beers guy. You would have been better off to have let this thread drop to the bottom of the board like the lead fart that it is. Now the thread is a comedic gold mine, and most of the jokes are on you.


04 Jan 2014, 15:19
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 13:38
Posts: 40586
Location: S.O.N.W.D.
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Lich King:
Image

_________________
-formerly known as Demonic Scientist-
Firefarter wrote:
unlimited buckets of fried chicken does not an orgy make


04 Jan 2014, 15:32
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2002, 15:22
Posts: 41061
Location: Doofania
Post Re: Tell me about Lich King
Big Metal Dude wrote:
Lich King:
Image


the Dawson GIF. would also be acceptable.

_________________
Clad In Shadows wrote:
Thanks to the internet, people now beat things to death more than ever before.


04 Jan 2014, 15:33
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.