It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 06:57

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
 Rest in peace Rab 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Rest in peace Rab - Funeral Info In First Post
Disco Volante wrote:
I had to wait a day or so to be able to find the right words for how I feel about this whole thing. I posted it on his Facebook wall, but I figured I'd re-post it here as some of you might not be able to see his wall, I just wish there was a way to open it up so everyone can see just how many respects have been paid in only 24 hours, it's extremely remarkable.

It may have been a day already, but it's still hard to find the right words...The world has definitely lost what can easily be described as a perfect example of how people should be and act in regards to both themselves and each other. Rab was a guy who was always pushing himself to succeed in all aspects of what he was doin, weather it be Starting the label, being a driving force behind Dets(howeverthefuckyouspellit), His radio show, everything that he did, this also goes hand in hand with the fact that he was the kind of person who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.

Truly genuine people like Rab are a very very rare breed of person to come across in this day and age. I can't even begin to count the amount of times he went to bat for me, and vice versa. His impact on not only the scene but the people in general that help make it what it is has been proven beyond a shadow of doubt in the past 24 hours, with condolences, statements and sentiments left by people not only from his home here in Ontario but world wide. I can safely say that if it wasn't for Rab, a lot of things would have been different both in the scene and out of it. A lot of us, even now are probably still completely confused and are still left with a part of us that cant really believe he's gone (as I know I am)...but I can guarantee you He would be even more confused, shocked and downright speachless if he actually knew how many people have been affected and have either already, will be, or intend to be stopping by to pay their respects. Rab dude, We all love you, and you'll forever be in our hearts and memories, Keep the horns held high and we'll see you on the other side when our time comes brother!...Keep a nice cold Keiths aside for me!

--Don

....I'll see you all on Friday, and possibly Thursday if I can get the time off work

Don, you are a big guy with a big heart, as was Rab a big guy with a big heart.
:(

23 Apr 2012, 02:14
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

DapperDan wrote:
There's no way I could make that, but if there's a memorial type get together in the near future, I would try my hardest.

Same.

23 Apr 2012, 02:47
MetalHead

if there is a memorial show, i want to play the chevy chase song. Rab was always digging the Ritual Goatfog shit too :(

23 Apr 2012, 03:00
Metal Guru

Sad and shocking news...

R.I.P. Rab.

23 Apr 2012, 03:36
Metal Guru

I'm never sure what to say at a time like this. 27 is far too young!

My condolences to Rabs friends and family.

RIP Rab.

23 Apr 2012, 04:14
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

Kosherat wrote:
Still pretty bent out of shape about this. Fuck :( what a guy.

Same. I just got to work 20 minutes ago, and holding my shit together is proving to be tough. Even just telling my boss that I'd only be able to work for two hours on Friday to attend the funeral was hard. Cranked In Flames on my way here today in Rob's honor. I hope everybody is holding up as well as they can right now all things considered.

@to_billbrasky

23 Apr 2012, 05:21
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Kosherat wrote:

Same. I just got to work 20 minutes ago, and holding my shit together is proving to be tough. Even just telling my boss that I'd only be able to work for two hours on Friday to attend the funeral was hard. Cranked In Flames on my way here today in Rob's honor. I hope everybody is holding up as well as they can right now all things considered.

I thought that I would feel less and less awful after I had originally heard the news, but I just keep feeling worse. I've got this empty feeling in my stomach.. That feeling you get when you miss someone so much you feel physically ill. I know Rab would be like "Dr lady, don't be sadomatic.. I'll murderfuck you if you cry" but I can't help it. :(

Big Metal Dude wrote:
What's funny to me is that we all claim to be adults here.

23 Apr 2012, 06:34
Metal Guru

sad to hear you're gone. To the next life Rob :cheers:

23 Apr 2012, 07:27
Metal Guru

:( R.I.P. Rab - such sad news. My condolences to everyone close to him.

23 Apr 2012, 07:57
Profile YIM
Metal Master

Well,,,,,this is yet another reason I will never forget April 21st, 2012.

My deepest condolences to Rob's friends and family.

23 Apr 2012, 08:15
Metal Guru

Very sad news.. RIP :abbath:

23 Apr 2012, 08:16
Metal Guru

I haven't posted here in aeons, but I just wanted to join you guys in this online tribute to Rab. I'm absolutely heartbroken to have lost one of my closest friends, but when I think of him, I can't help but smile and think, "What a guy!". He did so much that many other people only dream and wish they could do. Already deeply missing my partner in the sort of ultimate retardedness that resulted in Detsorgsekalf. Hope to see some of you on Friday.

Last edited by goblyne on 23 Apr 2012, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.

23 Apr 2012, 08:34
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

It's always sad to hear about someone from the metal scene going down.

We must march onward for our fallen soldiers.

In our hearts they shall live forever.

\M/

:m:

:abbath:

23 Apr 2012, 08:50
Profile YIM
Metal Guru

Didn't know the guy or ever talk to him, but saw him at a few concerts and always enjoyed his random posts on here!

Seemed like a good guy, it's too bad life was so short for him!

23 Apr 2012, 09:08
Metal Guru

This is all news to me.

Terrible to hear.

I've been gone all weekend and have only checked into the Bravewords for the first time today.

I've talked with him a bit, but never met him.

Terrible news.

R.I.P

23 Apr 2012, 09:38
Metal Guru

Rob's passing is very sad and tragic,I always have a hard time getting my head around someone i know passing.
I only met him in person this year, and we hung out a couple times.
He seemed to live life the way he wanted, absolutely lived for metal and good times, and was a unique, genuine man.
Take care of yourself on the otherside Rob. My heart felt thoughts go out to his family and close friends...he was way too young.

23 Apr 2012, 10:04
Metal Guru

On Saturday after reading the news I was, like probably everyone else, in shock. I didn't quite know what to do and wondered if I should change my plans to go to a show that night, or stay in and focus on getting in touch with some of his friends that are surely hurting really bad right now.

Then I realized how silly that thought was... if there was any way to dishonour the memory of Rab the jolly, the friendly, the always warm and welcoming, the absolutely larger than life and wonderful, it would be to skip out on a show. All the while I imagined running into him as he floated through the crowd in that magnificently decorated leather trenchcoat he was wearing the first time I met him just a few years ago. Just thinking about that made me smile.

Rest in Peace you wonderful example of awesometasticness, dizzles, o-matic, we'll all miss you.

23 Apr 2012, 10:23
Metal Guru

Rab :shred: :m: RIP

23 Apr 2012, 10:28
Metal Guru

zombieattak wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Kosherat wrote:

I thought that I would feel less and less awful after I had originally heard the news, but I just keep feeling worse. I've got this empty feeling in my stomach.. That feeling you get when you miss someone so much you feel physically ill. I know Rab would be like "Dr lady, don't be sadomatic.. I'll murderfuck you if you cry" but I can't help it. :(

Totally in the same boat here, April. I've been struggling not to lose my shit all day today. As soon as I get out of work, I'm heading to Hamilton to see if I can get a tattoo done before Friday in Rab's honour. He'd love it.

@to_billbrasky

23 Apr 2012, 10:37
MetalHead

That is really fucking cool ^
Please dont get his face tattood on you though :roll: that always looks terrible

23 Apr 2012, 10:38
Metal Guru

hah! I think he got at least one new tattoo last year didn't he? Maybe it was just a new one that I hadn't seen before but he was so stoked about it, when I saw him after the Enslaved gig back in September.

Then again he did always just like to show a little skin, whether it was for the purpose of showing off a tattoo or not :lol:

23 Apr 2012, 10:48
Metal Guru

Damn! I'm in shock and a little sick to my stomach...

23 Apr 2012, 10:51
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
zombieattak wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Kosherat wrote:

Totally in the same boat here, April. I've been struggling not to lose my shit all day today. As soon as I get out of work, I'm heading to Hamilton to see if I can get a tattoo done before Friday in Rab's honour. He'd love it.

I called around Orangeville trying to get in to a tattoo place that I wasn't too creeped out by to get something done. No luck. Hopefully next weekend I can find one.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
What's funny to me is that we all claim to be adults here.

23 Apr 2012, 11:04
Metal Guru

Kosherat wrote:
That is really fucking cool ^
Please dont get his face tattood on you though :roll: that always looks terrible

Considering his undying love for In Flames, even their new stuff, I'm getting a jester head, probably with "DIZZLES!" written underneath it. I think he'd get a kick out of that, and I can't think of anything more perfect to pay tribute to my friend than that.

@to_billbrasky

23 Apr 2012, 11:33
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Considering his undying love for In Flames, even their new stuff, I'm getting a jester head, probably with "DIZZLES!" written underneath it. I think he'd get a kick out of that, and I can't think of anything more perfect to pay tribute to my friend than that.

That sounds awesome. :m:

23 Apr 2012, 11:34
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next