It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 08:28

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Random Musician Shtuff 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
I've got time to kill today, so I've been eye-fucking various guitars on the 'net. This one has my eye in a big way. I'm in no position to buy a guitar right now or in the near future, but I think I need to at least go in and fuck with this one for a bit.

https://brantfordmusic.com/collections/ ... er-sparkle

17 Aug 2018, 11:51
Metal Guru

I found such a fucking sweetspot for the clean channel on my amp last night. I still haven't quite found the right settings for the dirty channel, but right now I've got a clean tone to fucking die for :m:

23 Aug 2018, 09:06
Metal Guru

My playing has been absolute fucking garbage over the last couple of days. Don't know why, don't care why, but not at all pleased with myself. It's lesson day today, too, which means I'm gonna go in and eat shit for half an hour... but I guess that just means that I'll be able to fix whatever has been fucking me up for the last couple weeks. Still, going in knowing that I'm gonna be playing in front of somebody and doing so at less than my capability leaves me pretty unhappy with myself right now.

30 Aug 2018, 13:15
Metal Guru

Look what I just ordered myself:

02 Sep 2018, 20:05
Profile YIM
Metal Guru

That's some gold right there :m:

03 Sep 2018, 09:01
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
That's some gold right there :m:

Cheap too. Only $600 USD. Sweetwater just called me to double check the order (so far, their customer service is exactly as advertised).

03 Sep 2018, 10:51
Profile YIM
Metal Guru

Well, I bought a Pussy Melter.

06 Sep 2018, 20:20
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:

and?

07 Sep 2018, 17:55
Profile YIM
Metal Guru

alterofcain wrote:
Exorcist wrote:

and?

It doesn't ship until sometime in October, but the demo videos I've seen all look great :m:

08 Sep 2018, 10:41
Metal Guru

https://youtu.be/cUwcDrKJIxI

first thing I did after I got her tuned. you can't help but want to shred on that bitch.

can't wait until I get decent pickups.

08 Sep 2018, 23:39
Profile YIM
Metal Guru

alterofcain wrote:
https://youtu.be/cUwcDrKJIxI

first thing I did after I got her tuned. you can't help but want to shred on that bitch.

can't wait until I get decent pickups.

The sustain at the end :cry: :bow:

09 Sep 2018, 15:37
Metal Guru

Got new pickups put it in. I tell ya, that extra $40 for the custom job was well spent. For the gear geeks, Super Distortion at the Bridge and D-Activator at the neck. Putting off re-stringing her because I'll have to reset the Floyd.

19 Oct 2018, 21:19
Profile YIM
Metal Guru

I'm more of a bass player than a guitar player but my last buy was an Ibanez Artcore AS73 which is one of the sweetest things I have played.

http://www.ibanez.com/products/hb_detai ... eries_id=0

23 Oct 2018, 06:17
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

I don't know how you guys feel about Line 6 but their Helix is probably the best piece of gear I've ever bought... and I've gone pretty far down the rabbit hole of boutique gear. It's absolutely amazing. I used to buy new gear every few weeks/months in the eternal quest for tone. That all ended with the Helix. No joke. I have just about any amp and effect I've ever wanted in that box. From pristine cleans to raging metal. It's all in there. And it sound friggin' incredible. Want 20 different amps and pedalboard combinations? No problem. Anything you want. It's expensive, but holy shit... totally worth it. And then some.

23 Oct 2018, 18:42
Metal Guru

Release wrote:
I don't know how you guys feel about Line 6 but their Helix is probably the best piece of gear I've ever bought... and I've gone pretty far down the rabbit hole of boutique gear. It's absolutely amazing. I used to buy new gear every few weeks/months in the eternal quest for tone. That all ended with the Helix. No joke. I have just about any amp and effect I've ever wanted in that box. From pristine cleans to raging metal. It's all in there. And it sound friggin' incredible. Want 20 different amps and pedalboard combinations? No problem. Anything you want. It's expensive, but holy shit... totally worth it. And then some.

did you check out the Fender Mustang GTs? they are solid modeling amps with. lots of bang for your buck. I'm running though the 200 watt version with no external effects and it sounds insane.

26 Oct 2018, 18:29
Profile YIM
Metal Guru

alterofcain wrote:
did you check out the Fender Mustang GTs? they are solid modeling amps with. lots of bang for your buck. I'm running though the 200 watt version with no external effects and it sounds insane.

I tried the very first version of the Mustang and it fell wayyy short of what I was used to. It sounded good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't even close to a real amp. I'm sure it's much better these days because modeling as whole has improved dramatically in the last few years.

27 Oct 2018, 13:12
Metal Guru

Release wrote:
alterofcain wrote:

I tried the very first version of the Mustang and it fell wayyy short of what I was used to. It sounded good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't even close to a real amp. I'm sure it's much better these days because modeling as whole has improved dramatically in the last few years.

It's pretty crazy how far the tech has come. IMO, as far as affordable digital/solid-state amps go, nothing can touch the Boss Katana.

As far as more expensive gear, you could get any of the Helix, Kemper or Axe FX and be set forever.

30 Oct 2018, 12:46
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9