It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 08:28



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Random Musician Shtuff 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74967
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
I've got time to kill today, so I've been eye-fucking various guitars on the 'net. This one has my eye in a big way. I'm in no position to buy a guitar right now or in the near future, but I think I need to at least go in and fuck with this one for a bit.

https://brantfordmusic.com/collections/ ... er-sparkle

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


17 Aug 2018, 11:51
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74967
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
I found such a fucking sweetspot for the clean channel on my amp last night. I still haven't quite found the right settings for the dirty channel, but right now I've got a clean tone to fucking die for :m:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


23 Aug 2018, 09:06
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74967
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
My playing has been absolute fucking garbage over the last couple of days. Don't know why, don't care why, but not at all pleased with myself. It's lesson day today, too, which means I'm gonna go in and eat shit for half an hour... but I guess that just means that I'll be able to fix whatever has been fucking me up for the last couple weeks. Still, going in knowing that I'm gonna be playing in front of somebody and doing so at less than my capability leaves me pretty unhappy with myself right now.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


30 Aug 2018, 13:15
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 11:17
Posts: 11989
Location: Seattle
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
Look what I just ordered myself:

Image

_________________
Quote:
That's the greatest miracle of nature: Everything turns into fire with enough fury and kerosene!


02 Sep 2018, 20:05
Profile YIM
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74967
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
That's some gold right there :m:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


03 Sep 2018, 09:01
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 11:17
Posts: 11989
Location: Seattle
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
Exorcist wrote:
That's some gold right there :m:


Cheap too. Only $600 USD. Sweetwater just called me to double check the order (so far, their customer service is exactly as advertised).

_________________
Quote:
That's the greatest miracle of nature: Everything turns into fire with enough fury and kerosene!


03 Sep 2018, 10:51
Profile YIM
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74967
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
Well, I bought a Pussy Melter.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


06 Sep 2018, 20:20
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 11:17
Posts: 11989
Location: Seattle
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
Exorcist wrote:
Well, I bought a Pussy Melter.


and?

_________________
Quote:
That's the greatest miracle of nature: Everything turns into fire with enough fury and kerosene!


07 Sep 2018, 17:55
Profile YIM
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74967
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
alterofcain wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Well, I bought a Pussy Melter.


and?


It doesn't ship until sometime in October, but the demo videos I've seen all look great :m:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


08 Sep 2018, 10:41
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 11:17
Posts: 11989
Location: Seattle
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
https://youtu.be/cUwcDrKJIxI

first thing I did after I got her tuned. you can't help but want to shred on that bitch.

can't wait until I get decent pickups.

_________________
Quote:
That's the greatest miracle of nature: Everything turns into fire with enough fury and kerosene!


08 Sep 2018, 23:39
Profile YIM
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74967
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
alterofcain wrote:
https://youtu.be/cUwcDrKJIxI

first thing I did after I got her tuned. you can't help but want to shred on that bitch.

can't wait until I get decent pickups.


The sustain at the end :cry: :bow:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


09 Sep 2018, 15:37
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 11:17
Posts: 11989
Location: Seattle
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
Got new pickups put it in. I tell ya, that extra $40 for the custom job was well spent. For the gear geeks, Super Distortion at the Bridge and D-Activator at the neck. Putting off re-stringing her because I'll have to reset the Floyd.

Image

_________________
Quote:
That's the greatest miracle of nature: Everything turns into fire with enough fury and kerosene!


19 Oct 2018, 21:19
Profile YIM
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 04:20
Posts: 8908
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
I'm more of a bass player than a guitar player but my last buy was an Ibanez Artcore AS73 which is one of the sweetest things I have played.

http://www.ibanez.com/products/hb_detai ... eries_id=0

_________________
Anvils never stopped Wile E. Coyote.
- Big Metal Dude


23 Oct 2018, 06:17
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 09:53
Posts: 22845
Location: Virginia, USA
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
I don't know how you guys feel about Line 6 but their Helix is probably the best piece of gear I've ever bought... and I've gone pretty far down the rabbit hole of boutique gear. It's absolutely amazing. I used to buy new gear every few weeks/months in the eternal quest for tone. That all ended with the Helix. No joke. I have just about any amp and effect I've ever wanted in that box. From pristine cleans to raging metal. It's all in there. And it sound friggin' incredible. Want 20 different amps and pedalboard combinations? No problem. Anything you want. It's expensive, but holy shit... totally worth it. And then some.


23 Oct 2018, 18:42
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 11:17
Posts: 11989
Location: Seattle
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
Release wrote:
I don't know how you guys feel about Line 6 but their Helix is probably the best piece of gear I've ever bought... and I've gone pretty far down the rabbit hole of boutique gear. It's absolutely amazing. I used to buy new gear every few weeks/months in the eternal quest for tone. That all ended with the Helix. No joke. I have just about any amp and effect I've ever wanted in that box. From pristine cleans to raging metal. It's all in there. And it sound friggin' incredible. Want 20 different amps and pedalboard combinations? No problem. Anything you want. It's expensive, but holy shit... totally worth it. And then some.


did you check out the Fender Mustang GTs? they are solid modeling amps with. lots of bang for your buck. I'm running though the 200 watt version with no external effects and it sounds insane.

_________________
Quote:
That's the greatest miracle of nature: Everything turns into fire with enough fury and kerosene!


26 Oct 2018, 18:29
Profile YIM
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 09:53
Posts: 22845
Location: Virginia, USA
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
alterofcain wrote:
did you check out the Fender Mustang GTs? they are solid modeling amps with. lots of bang for your buck. I'm running though the 200 watt version with no external effects and it sounds insane.


I tried the very first version of the Mustang and it fell wayyy short of what I was used to. It sounded good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't even close to a real amp. I'm sure it's much better these days because modeling as whole has improved dramatically in the last few years.


27 Oct 2018, 13:12
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2004, 18:39
Posts: 1648
Location: Toronto
Post Re: Random Musician Shtuff
Release wrote:
alterofcain wrote:
did you check out the Fender Mustang GTs? they are solid modeling amps with. lots of bang for your buck. I'm running though the 200 watt version with no external effects and it sounds insane.


I tried the very first version of the Mustang and it fell wayyy short of what I was used to. It sounded good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't even close to a real amp. I'm sure it's much better these days because modeling as whole has improved dramatically in the last few years.



It's pretty crazy how far the tech has come. IMO, as far as affordable digital/solid-state amps go, nothing can touch the Boss Katana.

As far as more expensive gear, you could get any of the Helix, Kemper or Axe FX and be set forever.


30 Oct 2018, 12:46
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.