It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 16:45

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Canadian Politics thread - Bullet-Belt Edition 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Canadian Politics thread - Bullet-Belt Edition
none of which are related to the "where you're allowed to smoke it" or "where you can buy it" parts, but rather all from the initial legalization.

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

27 Sep 2018, 11:26
Metal Guru

For me it's all related. The where you can buy it and where you can smoke it was grandma being grandma. Thank goodness Ford and Co. is doing it right.

Imagine, four stores in Toronto. 40 in all of Ontario. And $1000 fines being handed out, and for what?

Now we don't have to imagine, or worry about that. Because reason and common sense has reared it's head.

27 Sep 2018, 11:34
Metal Guru

Murders an 8 year old child... Sent to "healing lodge"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/tori-st ... -1.4840107

What a joke :rolleyes:

27 Sep 2018, 13:01
Metal Guru

none of the weed law minutae would matter at all if it wasn't made legal in the first place.

27 Sep 2018, 13:07
Metal Guru

phencyclidine wrote:
none of the weed law minutae would matter at all if it wasn't made legal in the first place.

But it was, and it does.

27 Sep 2018, 13:21
Metal Guru

and you're coming uncharacteristically close to taking a stand against the party you have to thank for the luxury of the oppurtunity for further arguments.

27 Sep 2018, 13:37
Metal Guru

phencyclidine wrote:
and you're coming uncharacteristically close to taking a stand against the party you have to thank for the luxury of the oppurtunity for further arguments.

The Federal and Provincial parties are not the same.

27 Sep 2018, 13:45
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:

Posted it about in the Politically Correct thread a few days ago because I thought it was relevent in a way to the whole #equality and #metoo bullshit, because can you even imagine her boyfriend being released into a fucking 'healing lodge'? Not bloody likely!

Completely disgusting, and a total disgrace. She should never be anywhere other than maximum, and shouldn't even see the light of day. The government and courts have spat in the face of the parents of little Tori Stafford.

27 Sep 2018, 14:40
Metal Guru

phencyclidine wrote:

Despite legalizing weed federally, Ontario was governed by the liberals provincially, and they've fucked up a lot more than just what they wanted to do with cannabis over the years. Total lying, disgraceful party that has made it much harder to live comfortably for anyone that isn't upper class. Patooey. They need to get fucked. They were so bad they lost official party status in the last election, because everyone hated them so very much.

27 Sep 2018, 14:46
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Exorcist wrote:

Posted it about in the Politically Correct thread a few days ago because I thought it was relevent in a way to the whole #equality and #metoo bullshit, because can you even imagine her boyfriend being released into a fucking 'healing lodge'? Not bloody likely!

Completely disgusting, and a total disgrace. She should never be anywhere other than maximum, and shouldn't even see the light of day. The government and courts have spat in the face of the parents of little Tori Stafford.

That shit is beyond disgusting. Woodstock is all of a ten or fifteen minute drive from my house so it's definitely a case that hits home. I hope this bitch gets her teeth kicked in daily. What an absolute waste of oxygen and perfectly usable organs.

27 Sep 2018, 14:52
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:

Must have been an activist judge and it's Trudeau's fault.

"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."

27 Sep 2018, 16:54
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

xdisciplex wrote:
Exorcist wrote:

Must have been an activist judge and it's Trudeau's fault.

When have you ever seen me talk about "activist judges"? :lol:

27 Sep 2018, 19:14
Metal Guru

it's a jebus joke :lol:

"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."

27 Sep 2018, 20:18
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

Ok, at least that makes sense :lol:

You quoting me threw me off a little :lol:

27 Sep 2018, 20:22
Metal Guru

Terrible joke.

27 Sep 2018, 21:37
Metal Guru

phencyclidine wrote:

The FEDERAL Liberals legalized it.

The PROVINCIAL Liberals wanted to fuck it up.

The Ontario Liberals are as crooked as a ditch diggers back, they were in power for close to 20 years.

28 Sep 2018, 00:29
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Terrible joke.

I chortled.

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

28 Sep 2018, 08:44
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

More great news for Ontarians struggling to make ends meet. Rob Ford scraps ridiculous Drive Clean program for household/family vehicles. Will target bigger polluters like commercial transport:

https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2018/09/ ... ogram.html

This is great. Said to save Ontarians 40mil/year, since every drive clean test comes straight out of your pocket every time you renew your insanely overpriced license plate sticker. Ford continues to do what he said. Save you money.

28 Sep 2018, 10:54
Metal Guru

https://news.ontario.ca/ene/en/2017/03/ ... ogram.html

March 31, 2017 12:30 P.M

Quote:
Ontario is eliminating the $30 Drive Clean test fee for light-duty vehicles, such as most cars, vans, SUVs and light trucks, as of April 1, 2017.

except it's been free since last year, unless your vehicle fails the initial test. sure that leaves some stupid loopholes, but the yearly cost was already gone, just not the purpose of it.

am glad to hear that they will target larger commercial vehicles more. never understood why i had to get the stupid test for my vehicle when i see every bus and transport spitting a big ass cloud of black smoke every time they take off like those losers "rolling coal".

28 Sep 2018, 10:59
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Rob Ford scraps ridiculous Drive Clean program

:up2: :lol:

28 Sep 2018, 11:11
Metal Guru

RIP.

28 Sep 2018, 11:15
Metal Guru

Rook wrote:
https://news.ontario.ca/ene/en/2017/03/ontario-eliminating-drive-clean-test-fee-strengthening-program.html

March 31, 2017 12:30 P.M

Quote:
Ontario is eliminating the $30 Drive Clean test fee for light-duty vehicles, such as most cars, vans, SUVs and light trucks, as of April 1, 2017.

except it's been free since last year, unless your vehicle fails the initial test. sure that leaves some stupid loopholes, but the yearly cost was already gone, just not the purpose of it.

am glad to hear that they will target larger commercial vehicles more. never understood why i had to get the stupid test for my vehicle when i see every bus and transport spitting a big ass cloud of black smoke every time they take off like those losers "rolling coal".

Perhaps it never happened, or it was limited to a very certain amount of vehicles, because the producer girl on AM640 this morning she has to go next month for her sticker/emissions test.

28 Sep 2018, 11:18
Metal Guru

yes, you still have to go, you just don't have to pay unless you need to be re-tested (i.e. you failed the initial test, see: loopholes). so in most cases you have to go, but that's it.

i guess now we've decided the test doesn't serve a purpose, not just that it's unfair to force drivers to pay for it. i don't have the data to decide how i feel about that. maybe if 95-99% of vehicles are passing it isn't serving much of a purpose, otherwise maybe it does. as i said i am happy to hear there will be greater attention to those who you can obviously see are causing disproportionate emissions on the road, though i guess all the rolling coal ass holes are safe unless stopped by a cop now.

another related loophole about the emissions test, if you live north of barrie you've never had to do the test in the first place. common when i lived in sudbury for guys to drive down to the GTA to buy trucks that failed it and bring them up north.

28 Sep 2018, 11:29
Metal Guru

That makes sense because Ford was also going on about how it's an annoyance just for people to have to take time out of their busy days to do it.

28 Sep 2018, 11:48
Metal Guru

which is fair i suppose. but i don't know what it's like in the GTA, but here you're talking maybe 20 mins max to have it done. roll in to an oil changers or wherever, maybe wait behind 1 or 2 other cars, they plug you in, machine does its thing, all done.

always hated paying for it so was thrilled when they did away with that, don't know if i'm happy about scrapping it entirely though. depends if its useless window dressing (which the ignoring commercial vehicles while slapping a tax on everyone else always suggested to me it was) or if it actually reduces emissions in any kind of meaningful way. if it doesn't scrap away, just don't know that yet.

28 Sep 2018, 11:54
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next