It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 16:46

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Politically-Correct Posting ONLY 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Politically-Correct Posting ONLY
Blasphomet wrote:
As an offshoot of this whole Kavanaugh/Ford fiasco, and I know they were supposedly kids when this went down, but it hits home just how different and scary it is being a single, dating man in 2018. With dating apps and instagram and what not that I've used. You have to be so careful.

Rocky always says 'crazy is the best fuck'. You can't risk that shit anymore. It's so hard to trust anyone now because of all the women that have been outed now as total scheming bullshitters (not including Ford). You basically have to bounce at the first sign of crazy. I've been lucky so far, but you have to be extremely careful.

Indeed. I'm happy I'm not single in the 21st century, amidst the current zeitgeist.

28 Sep 2018, 12:42
Metal Guru

Crazy fucks the best, just don't let them crash and burn on you. Stick and move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBXU2t4hodo

28 Sep 2018, 23:43
Metal Guru

If you ever see an old white dude with dots tattooed on his digits he lives by 1%ER Credo find one, feel one, forget one, find another. Your bones. This information should be sold, not told, I want paid.

28 Sep 2018, 23:48
Metal Guru

The Passage is coming to TV. Amy, the blonde white girl is cast with a black girl. Fans react:

https://www.chron.com/entertainment/boo ... 242025.php

03 Oct 2018, 16:18
Metal Guru

I'm more worried that it's adapted for a network TV show. And that Zach Morris is playing Wolgast.

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

03 Oct 2018, 18:06
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

Totally.

It's gonna blow. Sounds like maybe a summer 2019 show? I'll make sure to finish the trilogy by then so as not to false. :)

03 Oct 2018, 20:27
Metal Guru

I'm not saying it's gonna suck (it probably will), but if it does suck, it'll probably not be because they cast a black girl. Kind of like a Dark Tower movie situation.

That being said, it's the type of people who make those superficial changes who also make non-superficial changes.

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

04 Oct 2018, 09:03
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

idris elba was the best part of that dark tower movie, the rest of it was crushed by the weight of its own shittiness

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

04 Oct 2018, 09:14
Metal Guru

Rook wrote:
idris elba was the best part of that dark tower movie, the rest of it was crushed by the weight of its own shittiness

Yep. But what I'm saying is that the same people who thought it was a good idea to ignore the source material for the main character were also the same people who thought it was OK to completely ignore the source material for everything else and make a 90 minute popcorn movie.

Elba is a great actor, and if that was the only change they made, it would have been a fantastic movie. But it wasn't. And it wasn't.

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

04 Oct 2018, 09:28
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

that shit was doomed to fail from the get.

still need to see that.

04 Oct 2018, 10:07
Metal Guru

Still haven't seen it. Never will. Maybe eventually one day it'll be done right. TV would probably the only way at this point.

I get a bit of a kick out of this stuff, because not only does it stray from the source material that people love, but I can just imagine the complete and utter outrage had the reverse happened. Had Amy been a black girl and was changed into a white blonde girl.

In this case, it isn't as paramount as making Roland black. As has been said, the fact he was white and Odetta/Detta/Susannah was black was a major plot device in possible the best book(s) in the series. Changing that doomed everything, the source material, from the get go.

"Detta Walker is an alternate personality of Susannah Dean. This personality was created when Jack Mort dropped a brick on the head of Odetta Holmes. Detta is a violent and base individual ruled by sexual desire. She is fueled by hatred towards white people, calling them "honky mahfahs". Her accent represents a stereotyped view of how black people speak. Eddie Dean once described it as being part Butterfly McQueen and part Foghorn Leghorn.

Unlike Odetta, Detta's personality reappears on numerous occasions throughout the series, sometimes helping and sometimes hindering Roland Deschain and his Ka-Tet. As is the case when in Blaine's Cradle where Detta solves the riddle of the prime numbers running backwards. "

Amy being black doesn't change anything, and to be honest, it's been a handful of years since I read The Passage, and even though when I saw that (because I started reading The Twelve recently don't tell me what you thought of it! :) ) I was like 'wha? wasn't amy a little white girl?", I had to double check. Amy can be any race really. It wouldn't matter. Her race wasn't a plot point/device.

Last edited by Blasphomet on 04 Oct 2018, 14:25, edited 2 times in total.

04 Oct 2018, 14:15
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Still haven't seen it. Never will. Maybe eventually one day it'll be done right. TV would probably the only way at this point.

What do you guys think the reaction would be if Amy actually was a black girl but they changed her into a white blonde girl?

I think the reaction would be equally as stupid.

But this has already happened in Ghost In The Shell. Asian character played by Scarlet Johansen. Internet complains.

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

04 Oct 2018, 14:22
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

I'm so fucking great at getting your posts pre-edit. :)

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

04 Oct 2018, 14:26
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:

What do you guys think the reaction would be if Amy actually was a black girl but they changed her into a white blonde girl?

i agree with chad

but also

04 Oct 2018, 14:28
Metal Guru

Breakfast at Tiffany's is a total chick flick

04 Oct 2018, 14:30
Metal Guru

Clad In Shadows wrote:
I'm so fucking great at getting your posts pre-edit. :)

:)

Metal Guru

haven't seen it, though i'm tempted for the alleged excessive racism

Metal Guru

I'm talking 2018 here. Let's not bring up the past. I'm talking today's society.

04 Oct 2018, 14:31
Metal Guru

Here's my thoughts on it. Right now, everybody is just sitting twiddling their thumbs waiting for something to complain about. The right is waiting for something to pin on the left. The left is waiting for something to pin on the right. It's utter fucking nonsense if you ask me.

The same shit happened years ago and people didn't complain as much. I don't remember people complaining about Morgan Freeman as Red. I don't remember people complaining about Mos Def as Ford Prefect. At least not to any level we have now.

Whiny little snowflakes on both sides (#bothsides) need to scrape the fucking sand out of their vaginas and fuck off. Not everything needs to be about race. Not everything needs to be seen as part of some kind of political or social agenda.

Assuming things don't get progressively worse, this will be looked upon as one of the more embarrassing periods in recent history.

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

Last edited by Clad In Shadows on 04 Oct 2018, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

04 Oct 2018, 14:32
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

:beer: chad

04 Oct 2018, 14:33
Metal Guru

Clad In Shadows wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

The thing is, I don't think any studio would ever even contemplate making that kind of change in 2018 because of the absolute outrage that would directed at them from every social justice warrior on the planet, white black red yellow brown whatever.

In the case of Amy, the only people that will react will be white people.

04 Oct 2018, 14:34
Metal Guru

Clad In Shadows wrote:
Here's my thoughts on it. Right now, everybody is just sitting twiddling their thumbs waiting for something to complain about. The right is waiting for something to pin on the left. The left is waiting for something to pin on the right. It's utter fucking nonsense if you ask me.

The same shit happened years ago and people didn't complain as much. I don't remember people complaining about Morgan Freeman as Red. I don't remember people complaining about Mos Def as Ford Prefect. At least not to any level we have now.

Whiny little snowflakes on both sides (#bothsides) need to scrape the fucking sand out of their vaginas and fuck off. Not everything needs to be about race. Not everything needs to be seen as part of some kind of political or social agenda.

Assuming things don't get progressively worse, this will be looked upon as one of the more embarrassing periods in recent history.

Agreed. And as it turns out, because Stephen King and co. said 'fuck The Dark Tower anyways, it didn't matter in the end that Roland was black.

04 Oct 2018, 14:36
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Clad In Shadows wrote:

Agreed. And as it turns out, because Stephen King and co. said 'fuck The Dark Tower anyways, it didn't matter in the end that Roland was black.

Exactly, it was the thing that mattered the least in that movie. And one of the few redeeming qualities.

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

04 Oct 2018, 14:37
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Clad In Shadows wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

The thing is, I don't think any studio would ever even contemplate making that kind of change in 2018 because of the absolute outrage that would directed at them from every social justice warrior on the planet, white black red yellow brown whatever.

In the case of Amy, the only people that will react will be (a small subset of) white people.

Fixed that for you. And Ghost in the Shell came out in 2017.

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

04 Oct 2018, 14:38
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

Clad In Shadows wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
Clad In Shadows wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

In the case of Amy, the only people that will react will be (a small subset of) white people.

Fixed that for you. And Ghost in the Shell came out in 2017.

I'm not talking about Asians. I'm talking about black people.

Last edited by Blasphomet on 04 Oct 2018, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

04 Oct 2018, 14:39
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next