It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 16:45

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
 Politically-Correct Posting ONLY 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Politically-Correct Posting ONLY
Rook wrote:
:beer: chad

:girl:

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

04 Oct 2018, 14:39
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Clad In Shadows wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
Clad In Shadows wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
Still haven't seen it. Never will. Maybe eventually one day it'll be done right. TV would probably the only way at this point.

What do you guys think the reaction would be if Amy actually was a black girl but they changed her into a white blonde girl?

I think the reaction would be equally as stupid.

The thing is, I don't think any studio would ever even contemplate making that kind of change in 2018 because of the absolute outrage that would directed at them from every social justice warrior on the planet, white black red yellow brown whatever.

In the case of Amy, the only people that will react will be (a small subset of) white people.

Fixed that for you. And Ghost in the Shell came out in 2017.

I'm not talking about Asians. I'm talking about black people.

In this context, I'm not sure what the difference is.

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

04 Oct 2018, 14:40
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

Clad In Shadows wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
Clad In Shadows wrote:
Here's my thoughts on it. Right now, everybody is just sitting twiddling their thumbs waiting for something to complain about. The right is waiting for something to pin on the left. The left is waiting for something to pin on the right. It's utter fucking nonsense if you ask me.

The same shit happened years ago and people didn't complain as much. I don't remember people complaining about Morgan Freeman as Red. I don't remember people complaining about Mos Def as Ford Prefect. At least not to any level we have now.

Whiny little snowflakes on both sides (#bothsides) need to scrape the fucking sand out of their vaginas and fuck off. Not everything needs to be about race. Not everything needs to be seen as part of some kind of political or social agenda.

Assuming things don't get progressively worse, this will be looked upon as one of the more embarrassing periods in recent history.

Agreed. And as it turns out, because Stephen King and co. said 'fuck The Dark Tower anyways, it didn't matter in the end that Roland was black.

Exactly, it was the thing that mattered the least in that movie. And one of the few redeeming qualities.

When the movie was announced, there was no word of it being any kind of one off or anything. I'll never watch it so you can tell me how it ends. Like, does it end open ended? Or did it pretty much conclude?

If they ever make a TV series for it and Roland is black, they need to insure Susannah is a racist white crazy. Or just make it the way it was written. It's not like there isn't an incredibly major black character.

04 Oct 2018, 14:42
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
When the movie was announced, there was no word of it being any kind of one off or anything. I'll never watch it so you can tell me how it ends. Like, does it end open ended? Or did it pretty much conclude?

If they ever make a TV series for it and Roland is black, they need to insure Susannah is a racist white crazy. Or just make it the way it was written. It's not like there isn't an incredibly major black character.

It concluded, but with room for more. The director did state that he had plans for the sequels and the characters found within. So it was never intended to be a one-off. But that shit will never happen because of how poorly it performed.

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

04 Oct 2018, 14:46
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

Clad In Shadows wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
Clad In Shadows wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
Clad In Shadows wrote:
What do you guys think the reaction would be if Amy actually was a black girl but they changed her into a white blonde girl?

I think the reaction would be equally as stupid.

The thing is, I don't think any studio would ever even contemplate making that kind of change in 2018 because of the absolute outrage that would directed at them from every social justice warrior on the planet, white black red yellow brown whatever.

In the case of Amy, the only people that will react will be (a small subset of) white people.

Fixed that for you. And Ghost in the Shell came out in 2017.

I'm not talking about Asians. I'm talking about black people.

In this context, I'm not sure what the difference is.[/quote]
man, i wanted to ask what's the difference

you know, between blacks and asians, not about the context

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

04 Oct 2018, 14:46
Metal Guru

Well, black people look like this:

And Asian people look like this:

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

04 Oct 2018, 14:48
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

If you don't know the difference then I guess you aren't familiar with the racial climate of North America right now.

Tropic Thunder was total satire, it was a risk, and it paid off. It wasn't trying to be all 'look at us' which I believe the Roland and Amy casting are personally. You may disagree, and whether it matters or not is irrelevant to why the decision was made in my eyes.

04 Oct 2018, 14:52
Metal Guru

Regarding my thoughts on the 'Not Asians' thing, it's my opinion and I could be wrong, but I'm just basing it on the North America as described by Chad right now, which we all agreed with. Asians are totally under the radar right now and don't really seem to give a fuck about anything like that. :lol: It's the black and white outrage. That's why I'm not wanting to use those Asian examples.

I never hear Asians talking politics or race, not publicly anyway and I work in a very multicultural environment for a company that expresses their intent in having a multicultural and inclusive envirmontment as long as you're qualified. However, when we had layoffs last week, Dwaylon, who is black and sits right near me had someone come over to see if he was still here, and he said "yeah, and I didn't think I was the right shade'. This is far from the first time I'm heard this kind of thing right here beside me. I've heard 'privileged' used umpteen times.

Just a terrible fucking defeatist, yet somehow arrogant, or accusatory attitude to have.

04 Oct 2018, 15:05
Metal Guru

Dwaylon :o :lol:

04 Oct 2018, 15:12
Metal Guru

He's a good guy.

04 Oct 2018, 15:18
Metal Guru

On another subject, I don't know if I mentioned it here or in a instagram group chat with my buddies, but you used to be able to watch all these great Kids in the Hall skits and sit downs with Chris Hardwick/Nerdist on youtube, but they are no longer there. It was great because it's not the easiest to find some of those skits online. Nerdist sat down with a couple of them in each vid and they talked about and then showed some of their greatest skits.

I guess they are gone now because of the abuse allegations? And perhaps at the behest of the KitH?

Not sure if anyone else cares about this other than phen. :lol:

04 Oct 2018, 17:31
Metal Guru

Dwayton and LaSheezla forever.

04 Oct 2018, 19:29
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
On another subject, I don't know if I mentioned it here or in a instagram group chat with my buddies, but you used to be able to watch all these great Kids in the Hall skits and sit downs with Chris Hardwick/Nerdist on youtube, but they are no longer there. It was great because it's not the easiest to find some of those skits online. Nerdist sat down with a couple of them in each vid and they talked about and then showed some of their greatest skits.

I guess they are gone now because of the abuse allegations? And perhaps at the behest of the KitH?

Not sure if anyone else cares about this other than phen. :lol:

i would have liked to see those. kevin mcdonald :bow:

05 Oct 2018, 04:47
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
you used to be able to watch all these great Kids in the Hall skits and sit downs with Chris Hardwick/Nerdist on youtube, but they are no longer there.

That sucks. :(

I watched those months ago with my kids. They thought those Kids in the Hall skits were awesome. :lol:

05 Oct 2018, 07:52
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
If you don't know the difference then I guess you aren't familiar with the racial climate of North America right now.

I just don't subscribe to selective racism.

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

05 Oct 2018, 08:40
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Tropic Thunder was total satire, it was a risk, and it paid off. It wasn't trying to be all 'look at us' which I believe the Roland and Amy casting are personally. You may disagree, and whether it matters or not is irrelevant to why the decision was made in my eyes.

The thing is, we don't know the reasons these movies cast the actors they do. And it's a little presumptuous to always assume it's for social justice reasons or whatever.

And no, the reason doesn't matter to me. The end product is all that matters to me.

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

05 Oct 2018, 08:56
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

White Chicks is my favorite non-racist comedy.

05 Oct 2018, 09:58
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:

What's your favorite racist one?

05 Oct 2018, 10:51
Metal Guru

Headquake wrote:
Blackjebus wrote:

What's your favorite racist one?

All of them

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

05 Oct 2018, 10:53
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

Clad In Shadows wrote:
Ghost in the Shell came out in 2017.

Hollywood execs meddling to make characters minorities is not an antidote to Hollywood execs meddling to make characters white. Gimmicks do not cancel each other out.

I hope people can just take a step back from their outrage over whitewashing, brownwashing, etc. to just go after #executivemeddling.

Besides, there is a travesty trump card out there, and it sounds like:
"...starring John Wayne as Genghis Khan".

06 Oct 2018, 16:58
Metal Guru

06 Oct 2018, 20:36
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:

jeez....what planet is this deluded person from?!?!?

07 Oct 2018, 09:17
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
Gimmicks do not cancel each other out.

I never said they did. The question was asked about what would happen if this situation was reversed. I gave an example. Nothing more.

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

07 Oct 2018, 12:43
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal King

SoundMaster wrote:
verbalsniper wrote:

jeez....what planet is this deluded person from?!?!?

And it has 100+ likes. :lol:
Nature and Science is bullshit.

Exorcist wrote:
He looks like he came in third in a fisting contest.

07 Oct 2018, 12:53
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
Besides, there is a travesty trump card out there, and it sounds like:
"...starring John Wayne as Genghis Khan".

ya but at least everyone died of cancer to pay for that one

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

08 Oct 2018, 01:47
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26