It is currently 15 Jul 2018, 22:10

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1363 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 55  Next
 Thread of Political-Correctness 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Thread of Political-Correctness
Islam Unveiled documentary.

Basically an interesting attempt to whitewash the religion, but otherwise still a documentary worth watching for some historical context

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBvFX3xzQbk

I analysed the documentary. Here's what I agree with and what I don't agree with when it comes to Islam. Feel free to throw in your 5 cents.

What members of many other groups that focus on the topic of Islam don't seem to understand is that Islam is not some unitary "evil force" that's intent on conquering developed countries. This is far from true. Islam is a patchwork of different sects and communities, of whom it is more often the Sunni sects that are among the most backward and violent. I certainly don't deny that this is in large part - because of their unquestionable adherence to the "sunnah" or "the Path of Mohammad" from the pages of Sira and some of the Hadiths. But it doesn't mean that there isn't a number of Islamic scholars who put serious effort into reforming their societies, helping them become more egalitarian and less oppressive. In this documentary you will meet some people like that, but also people who attempt to do the very opposite.

It is true that some of the nasty things associated with Islam are really cultural traditions that pre-date Islam like female genital mutilation or pre-arranged marriages. But what is also true is that they survive because many Islamic scholars condone or even demand them. What I don't buy is the denial that Islamic scriptures have "nothing to do with backwardness and violence". Citing the earlier, peaceful Meccan verses is the oldest trick in the book of whitewashing Islam, and totally disregards the concept of Quranic abbrogation. Neither do I buy that Muslims who want to threaten the whole world into accepting Islam "don't exist", or that they are "a minor influence in Islam". These claims have no real basis. What the "journalist" purposefully does is ignore the not-so savoury verses from the Quran and the Hadiths that state that women are "weak", less intelligent, less trustworthy, responsible for men's downfall and so on. She also blatantly lies that Islam does not demand stoning for adultery, again, using the oldest lie in the book or "if it's not in the Quran - it's not Islam" fallacy.

This is anything but a balanced documentary on Islam and this isn't really journalism. A highly biased piece of work that pretends to be objective.

02 Jan 2018, 22:30
Metal Guru

One of her white lies has to do with "stoning for adultery not condoned in Islam"

Please - who are you trying to hoodwink? Let's open those Hadiths shall we?

Hadith and Sira
Sahih Bukhari (6:60:79) - Two people guilty of illegal intercourse are brought to Muhammad, who orders them both stoned to death. Apparently their act was out of love, since the verse records the man as trying to shield the woman from the stones.

Sahih Bukhari (83:37) - Adultery is one of three justifications for killing a person, according to Muhammad.

Sahih Muslim (17:4192) - This hadith clarifies the different penalties for adultery (when the subjects are married), and fornication (when they are not): "in case of married (persons) there is (a punishment) of one hundred lashes and then stoning (to death). And in case of unmarried persons, (the punishment) is one hundred lashes and exile for one year" (See also 17:4191)

Sahih Muslim (17:4196) - A married man confesses to adultery. Muhammad orders him planted in the ground and pelted with stones. According to the passage, the first several stones caused such pain that he tried to escape and had to be dragged back.

Sahih Muslim (17:4206) - A woman who became pregnant confesses to Muhammad that she is guilty of adultery. Muhammad allows her to have the child, then has her stoned. The description is graphic: "Khalid b Walid came forward with a stone which he flung at her head and there spurted blood on the face of Khalid and so he abused her."

Sahih Muslim (17:4209) - A woman confesses adultery and is stoned to death on Muhammad's order.

Ibn Ishaq (970) - "The adulterer must be stoned." These words were a part of Muhammad's farewell address to his people on the occasion of his final pilgrimage to Mecca.

Islamic Law - "The stone shall not be so big so as to kill the person by one or two strikes, neither shall it be so small that it cannot be called a stone" The victim is intended to suffer.

02 Jan 2018, 22:32
Metal Guru

Fox News doing a bang up job covering the major news stories of the day:

03 Jan 2018, 20:34
Metal Guru

Questionable, but definitely not an example of PC culture. That's kind of the opposite, in fact.

03 Jan 2018, 21:47
Metal Guru

That's kind of the point. A lot of conservatives who rail against PC culture, SJWs and leftists in general accuse them of playing "identity politics" but are, in fact, playing at it themselves by painting anyone who has an opposite view with the same brush. Usually with a large dose of name calling and scorn.

03 Jan 2018, 22:18
Metal Guru

Rottenrocker wrote:
by painting anyone who has an opposite view with the same brush.

That's the difference - conservatives bash people who hold IDEAS they disagree with. That's what politics should be - discussion of ideas. It shouldn't be a contest to find the most "oppressed" group to speak up on behalf of (whether they want you to or not).

03 Jan 2018, 23:45
Metal Guru

You've got the bashing part down pat.

:)

03 Jan 2018, 23:52
Metal Guru

And then be a reflection of their loss

04 Jan 2018, 08:27
Metal Guru

Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
It's almost like if Canada were to give Karla Homolka a platform for women's rights.

Website My book Twitter Instagrim

Image Image
Metal_King wrote:
Sorry, I don't have a shit fetish.

04 Jan 2018, 11:57
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

brb giving karla homolka a platform for women's rights

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

04 Jan 2018, 11:59
Metal Guru

Remember when people around here got pissed because there was an event/concert in the announcements forum with a band named Homolka?

Lol.

04 Jan 2018, 13:46
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Remember when people around here got pissed because there was an event/concert in the announcements forum with a band named Homolka?

Lol.

I don't remember people getting their panties in a bunch over that band. Some people are such sensitive souls :roll:

04 Jan 2018, 13:50
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:

Lol.

yes i do. the LOOLS were strong

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

04 Jan 2018, 13:51
Metal Guru

Rottenrocker wrote:
That's kind of the point. A lot of conservatives who rail against PC culture, SJWs and leftists in general accuse them of playing "identity politics" but are, in fact, playing at it themselves by painting anyone who has an opposite view with the same brush. Usually with a large dose of name calling and scorn.

Yes, they have been, the whole time. (And hypocrites about it, to boot.)

Doesn't mean it's right for someone else to do it too.

04 Jan 2018, 14:27
Metal Guru

This is true. My disdain for certain ideologies and prominent figures does get me in trouble....from time to time.

04 Jan 2018, 15:21
Metal Guru

Two higher-ups just left for the weekend. One one left, she was like, "Look at me all bundled up, I look like an Eskimo!".

OFFENSIVE!

When the other left moments later he said "alright have a good weekend boys and girls! And Steve!".

OFFENSIVE!!!!!

I loved it so much. :lol:

05 Jan 2018, 16:07
Metal Guru

That's insensitive! :cry: :cry: :cry:

05 Jan 2018, 16:54
Metal Guru

Only if you're Steve. Fuck that guy/girl/not sure!

05 Jan 2018, 18:22
Metal Guru

YouTube Demonetizes Shapiro's Interview With Dave Rubin
https://www.dailywire.com/news/25393/ri ... daily-wire

I think Rubin gives a shit. He makes $27,776 a month with Patreon. :lol: :roll:

05 Jan 2018, 19:00
Metal Guru

Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Domsen wrote:
YouTube Demonetizes Shapiro's Interview With Dave Rubin
https://www.dailywire.com/news/25393/ri ... daily-wire

I think Rubin gives a shit. He makes $27,776 a month with Patreon. :lol: :roll:

GOOD ONE, DOMSEN
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Website My book Twitter Instagrim

Image Image
Metal_King wrote:
Sorry, I don't have a shit fetish.

05 Jan 2018, 19:17
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

06 Jan 2018, 06:16
Metal Guru

Quote:
The Google engineer fired over his controversial 'diversity memo' is suing the company for discrimination

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/08/james-d ... ation.html

Quote:
The class action lawsuit alleges that Google discriminated against employees for their perceived conservative political views," as well as due to their "male gender," and "Caucasian race"

This is what a true snowflake looks like. What a loser.

08 Jan 2018, 15:37
Metal Guru

Are you actually claiming that discrimination against a white person or a male is NOT discriminatory?

08 Jan 2018, 16:22
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
Are you actually claiming that discrimination against a white person or a male is NOT discriminatory?

The charges, such as they are, are complete horseshit.

Considering who's filing this lawsuit I'm surprised he didn't add "Emotional damages from all the women who told me to fuck off and die" to the list.

08 Jan 2018, 16:41
Metal Guru

Well, if merely appearing to be offended is considered proof enough of emotional harm, and therefore worthy of paying out damages, then yeah, that's exactly how shit works.

That's why precedents ain't nothin' ta fuck wit'.

08 Jan 2018, 16:57
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1363 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 55  Next