It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 16:47

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 813 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 things we like-solid stools edition 
Metal Guru

Post Re: things we like-solid stools edition
Blasphomet wrote:
As is tradition, at least for the past few years, I haven't taken off any entire week. Just look weekends/short weeks. And I love it. Unless I am going somewhere on vacation that is distant, there is no need. I get board with a 'staycation' and then going back to work is lame after a week off as well. Eventually i'll probably do a bit of travelling again. But for now...

I'm planning out the rest of my vacation before I leave for this short two day weekend. With twenty weeks left in the year, I've mapped it out so I have only six full five-day weeks the remainder of the year (counting labour/thanksgiving/christmas). It is subject to change if something comes up and I decide/need to take more than one day off in a certain week.

I may not be a teacher or jebus, but having five weeks is pretty nice come September when I still have two weeks to burn. And four day weeks go by so much quicker and the weekend seems so much longer. Tits.

I do the same, lots of short weeks hardly ever more than 2 days in a row. Its almost September, and I still have 130 hours of vacation left. I add 8 each month, and can carry 104 over to next year. More time off than i even want really.

17 Aug 2018, 18:16
Metal Guru

i'll take all your guys extra time off if you don't want it. though that'd leave me a horrid mess of too much work to come back to afterwards :lol:

generally only take 2-3 days max as well, thinking this coming year i may try to do a couple full weeks (ex: to lengthen ski trip) since i keep carrying over 5 days every year i'll have 4 weeks technically

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

20 Aug 2018, 10:05
Metal Guru

Right now I have three weeks of paid vacation. I book a week in the spring/summer, a week in the fall/winter, and use the rest of the days as needed. I'm just a couple of years away from hitting four weeks of paid vacation, though. I can't even imagine that much time off :m:

20 Aug 2018, 11:01
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Right now I have three weeks of paid vacation. I book a week in the spring/summer, a week in the fall/winter, and use the rest of the days as needed. I'm just a couple of years away from hitting four weeks of paid vacation, though. I can't even imagine that much time off :m:

its only 5 more days :lol:

20 Aug 2018, 11:14
Metal Guru

still a world of difference. the more time off, the better

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

20 Aug 2018, 11:15
Metal Guru

Yep. With 5 weeks, I work more four-day weeks than five-day weeks in a year when you include stat holidays. Add some sick days to that and it's pretty could. Keeps the stress of communicating down (which isn't that bad for me time-wise anyways). I get bored with a week off, and then adapt, and don't want to go back to the office lol. Then coming back sucks way more lol.

A dude here used like three and a half weeks in a row in January to go to Sri Lanka and thenit's just like, there you go, you're at work the rest of the year with basically no vacation days left.

But also, we can buy vacation time if we want/need to, so that's good.

20 Aug 2018, 11:46
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:

Neat. I've never heard of that. What would it cost to buy a day off?

20 Aug 2018, 12:38
Metal Guru

A thing I like is Rocky Dennis's posts.
Therefore, I'm going to randomly use them as signatures here for a while.

Dude makes good posts.
:beer:

20 Aug 2018, 12:41
Metal Guru

Headquake wrote:
Exorcist wrote:

its only 5 more days :lol:

Yeah, but that's another stretch of nine days where I don't need to work when you factor in the weekends. Four separate stretches of nine days off at a time is a shitload of time off, and I'm for it :m:

20 Aug 2018, 12:53
Metal Guru

mister slippery wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

Neat. I've never heard of that. What would it cost to buy a day off?

Just a days pay :)

20 Aug 2018, 13:04
Metal Guru

Yeah basically just unpaid vacation.

20 Aug 2018, 13:34
Metal Guru

I wound up taking the cages out from around my plants. They were all getting so tall that the caging wouldn't prevent anything from eating the plants, and the plants were growing right up against the caging so I had to get those fuckers freed up yesterday. Now they're all free-growing, and at a pretty good clip. The biggest one is about six feet tall already :lol:

20 Aug 2018, 14:19
Metal Guru

I have never grown a single plant since I was a little kid (school project)

But next year, I am gonna grow a small tomatoes.

Like these.

20 Aug 2018, 18:29
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

Picked up some new green on Sunday. Cash is tight, so it was value strains or bust. 28 grams of CB Dream. It's a cross of Blue Dream and... fuck, something. But it's real nice, I can say that much.

21 Aug 2018, 14:58
Metal Guru

Got a new glass bong, tiny little Boss glass piece. Has 8 percolator stems, hits like a dream!

Just placed a order for White Widow and Girl Scout Cookies! Old school and new unite!

I really like this Blue Venom strain, soooo fucking tasty and just as potent!

23 Aug 2018, 11:15
Metal Guru

Ruke wrote:
Got a new glass bong, tiny little Boss glass piece. Has 8 percolator stems, hits like a dream!

Just placed a order for White Widow and Girl Scout Cookies! Old school and new unite!

I really like this Blue Venom strain, soooo fucking tasty and just as potent!

Treat yo'self! :m:

I'm loving the CB Dream that I have, but I find that the high doesn't stick around the way that Super Silver Haze did. That said, it doesn't hit the motivation in the nuts as hard so it's a lot easier to get a lot of shit done on the CB Dream.

I'm not sure if you've tried White Widow or GSC before, but White Widow is the shit. GSC is really nice, too, but I like White Widow a little more :m:

23 Aug 2018, 11:31
Metal Guru

I bought a real nice bong a couple years ago but never use it anymore. Should break it out. Percolators are hard to clean. I don't think I'll stray away from your basic beaker again.

Like that.

23 Aug 2018, 11:32
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
I bought a real nice bong a couple years ago but never use it anymore. Should break it out. Percolators are hard to clean. I don't think I'll stray away from your basic beaker again.

Like that.

That's real similar to what my brother got me for xmas a couple of years ago, but there's an indent in the middle of the neck to hold the bong by. Simple and super effective. I should bust that fucker out this weekend. I picked up some hash with my CB Dream, so a bowl with a hash topper might be the right way to launch into Friday night tomorrow.

23 Aug 2018, 11:35
Metal Guru

I think mine has the three indents. Not sure if it's as much to grip it as it is to put ice down the barrel. Both I guess.

I need to check tonight if it has them, I could be thinking of my old bong.

23 Aug 2018, 12:12
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
I think mine has the three indents. Not sure if it's as much to grip it as it is to put ice down the barrel. Both I guess.

I need to check tonight if it has them, I could be thinking of my old bong.

Good call! I didn't even think of it, but that indent in the glass may well be a stopper for ice cubes. It works that way even if that isn't what it's meant for, at least :lol:

23 Aug 2018, 13:54
Metal Guru

23 Aug 2018, 14:00
Metal Guru

Rocky Dennis wrote:

Best goddamn thing I learned in college right there!

My teeth always got stained with resin doing that, though. It's too gross to do anymore, but it was sure as fuck a great way to make friends at a party back in the day.

Last edited by Exorcist on 23 Aug 2018, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

23 Aug 2018, 14:04
Metal Guru

i have something labelled CB. have a hard time believing it's cherry bomb.

23 Aug 2018, 14:30
Metal Guru

phencyclidine wrote:
i have something labelled CB. have a hard time believing it's cherry bomb.

All I know is that last night I was super high and wound up playing guitar for four or five hours. No couch lock whatsoever :nana:

23 Aug 2018, 14:44
Metal Guru

Rocky Dennis wrote:

In northwestern Ontario, we call those Hydros.

Everywhere else calls them Buckets.

Best used with a old juice jug so you can optimize the water level and not suck back dirty old hydro water by sucking too hard.

24 Aug 2018, 03:23
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 813 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next