It is currently 23 Jan 2018, 22:12

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 The orwellian world of the tech giants 
Metal Guru

Post Re: The orwellian world of the tech giants
verbalsniper wrote:
Apple first got into trouble for sneakily throttling-back the speed of older iPhones.

What a cuntish thing to do. I'm glad they're getting sued for that. I hope they lose big time.

04 Jan 2018, 00:25
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
verbalsniper wrote:
Apple first got into trouble for sneakily throttling-back the speed of older iPhones.

What a cuntish thing to do. I'm glad they're getting sued for that. I hope they lose big time.

Can you imagine what happens if they lose a planned obsolescence case? Companies around the world would suddenly be targets because everything is built to be super shitty these days.

Hey I'm all for it if it happens too, if they can start building things to last then we're on the right fucking path.

"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."

04 Jan 2018, 00:36
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

if people had just bought their ridiculous new phone they wouldn't have had to do it! :lol:

04 Jan 2018, 10:10
Metal Guru

phencyclidine wrote:
if people had just bought their ridiculous new phone they wouldn't have had to do it! :lol:

for only 999$!

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

04 Jan 2018, 12:08
Metal Guru

xdisciplex wrote:

Can you imagine what happens if they lose a planned obsolescence case? Companies around the world would suddenly be targets because everything is built to be super shitty these days.

Hey I'm all for it if it happens too, if they can start building things to last then we're on the right fucking path.

+1 Goddamn right. I hope that do lose such a case, and a precedent is set.

Aside from gouging consumers, how much material is wasted building new things when there's nothing tangibly wrong with the old ones? Items that are meant to become "disposable" after a couple of years ... when it cost like $1000+ to get. (Not just phones, but appliances and such now, too.) Phooey.

04 Jan 2018, 14:01
Metal Guru

Let's see how many damages Apple will have to pay, I bet it won't be as much as VW did have to. I wonder why... :lol: Maybe because they're an american company... Hm... :lol:

05 Jan 2018, 19:11
Metal Guru

Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Domsen wrote:
Let's see how many damages Apple will have to pay, I bet it won't be as much as VW did have to. I wonder why... :lol: Maybe because they're an american company... Hm... :lol:

GOOD ONE, DOMSEN
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Website My book Twitter Instagrim

Image Image
Metal_King wrote:
Sorry, I don't have a shit fetish.

05 Jan 2018, 19:16
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

i'm still pissed that whole shit show hasn't brought down the price of VWs. their mini van was hype.

05 Jan 2018, 21:42
Metal Guru

phencyclidine wrote:
i'm still pissed that whole shit show hasn't brought down the price of VWs. their mini van was hype.

The funny thing is, that VW sales even more cars now. :roll:

06 Jan 2018, 05:27
Metal Guru

Nobody cares about VW's scandal. Nobody really ever did care about emissions, especially not the government that wantonly disregards most climate rules anyway. It was part of a plan to weaken Germany's economy--reduce export, increase immigration and weaken society, eliminate plans for a Russo-German gas pipeline, etc. That whole year was about fucking over the Krauts.

06 Jan 2018, 08:53
Metal Guru

thelostpatrol wrote:
Nobody cares about VW's scandal. Nobody really ever did care about emissions, especially not the government that wantonly disregards most climate rules anyway. It was part of a plan to weaken Germany's economy--reduce export, increase immigration and weaken society, eliminate plans for a Russo-German gas pipeline, etc. That whole year was about fucking over the Krauts.

Well, much of this worked out.

06 Jan 2018, 08:59
Metal Guru

Not really. Germany will weather it just fine.

06 Jan 2018, 11:56
Metal Guru

thelostpatrol wrote:
Not really. Germany will weather it just fine.

Don't think so.

11 Jan 2018, 10:15
Metal Guru

How to Live Without Google
https://spreadprivacy.com/how-to-remove-google/

11 Jan 2018, 10:15
Metal Guru

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleeta ... 91d7b66f97

Quote:
It is remarkable that in 2018 a private company in the US finds it entirely ordinary to issue a formal press release reminding the world of its ability to delete any statement by any head of state anywhere in the world, but that it would not do so lightly and that it will not delete their entire account. Even more extraordinary is that this comes in the aftermath of Facebook’s decision last month to completely eliminate any trace of one head of state from its platforms, removing not only his account, but deleting every post he ever made, wiping clean and essentially “airbrushing” him out of existence, Soviet style.

And Facebook is going to change (or restore?) functionality so you see more people/friends and less company/spam in your feed. Or, make it more difficult and expensive for pages to reach customers, increasing it's revenue dramatically for anyone left standing. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-12/f ... ce/9323926

Quote:
We feel a responsibility to make sure our services aren’t just fun to use, but also good for people's well-being. So we've studied this trend carefully by looking at the academic research and doing our own research with leading experts at universities.

Yeah, Facebook studied the impact of showing hundreds of thousands of users mostly negative posts and saw how it impacted their mental health and the updates they themselves started to post became more negative. They used their platform to intentionally upset people. So if their intent is to make it more fun and happy, are they now going to block politics and news completely, and make it so you can't see what's happening in the world, per the Forbes story above?

Quote:
On the other hand, passively reading articles or watching videos -- even if they're entertaining or informative -- may not be as good.

Knowledge is no longer power, information is no longer critical. The thought police are officially here.

Quote:
As we roll this out, you'll see less public content like posts from businesses, brands, and media. And the public content you see more will be held to the same standard -- it should encourage meaningful interactions between people.

If your page encouraging social unrest, protest of unfair circumstances or situations, Facebook will censor it, because the world according to Facebook is devoid of diversity and culture.

"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."

11 Jan 2018, 21:48
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

I don't care about anything that happens on facebook

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

12 Jan 2018, 10:45
Metal Guru

Apple continues to get off on slowing things down for everyone:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/201 ... ed-phones/

:)

12 Jan 2018, 23:21
Metal Guru

A giant corporation not giving a fuck about its' consumer base? STOP THE PRESSES! :)

12 Jan 2018, 23:26
Metal Guru

Rottenrocker wrote:
A giant corporation not giving a fuck about its' consumer base? STOP THE PRESSES! :)

Because the FBI is their consumer base...

12 Jan 2018, 23:27
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

They need to switch to Samsung then. What a bunch of hipsters.

12 Jan 2018, 23:28
Metal Guru

I have always liked Apple's dedication to protecting customer data at any cost. It's currently the number one reason to purchase any Apple product over anything else.

12 Jan 2018, 23:30
Metal Guru

Except that period of time between Oct 2012 when they joined up to the PRISM program and when Snowden and Greenwald leaked news of it to the world.

12 Jan 2018, 23:35
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

Yeah. Steve fought against that shit until his death. Cook's first major mistake was flipping on that one. Fortunately they came to their senses.

12 Jan 2018, 23:38
Metal Guru

Not so much as coming to their senses as suffering from immense public pressure and scrutiny which would impact their profits. Solely a PR decision to maintain profit, not a gesture of goodwill to customers.

12 Jan 2018, 23:39
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

The pragmatist in me agrees with the turnaround that Cook made, but I think with Steve it was a matter of principle. He was not a fan of US government intervention in private citizen affairs, and it was very much reflected in the emphasis that he forced Apple to place on privacy as a whole.

13 Jan 2018, 00:24
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next