It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 19:26

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next
 Counter-counter-counter-terrorism thread 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Counter-counter-counter-terrorism thread
Blackjebus wrote:
The path of Islam is always the same: http://i.imgur.com/EK5wXh9.jpg

If they misspell Islamic in it, it may not be the most thought-out commentary to begin with.

07 Aug 2017, 15:40
Metal Guru

:roll:

07 Aug 2017, 15:49
Metal Guru

mister slippery wrote:
Blackjebus wrote:

If they misspell Islamic in it, it may not be the most thought-out commentary to begin with.

If a spelling error is all you can dispute about it, it's gotta be pretty solid hypothesis.

07 Aug 2017, 17:47
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
mister slippery wrote:
Blackjebus wrote:

If a spelling error is all you can dispute about it, it's gotta be pretty solid hypothesis.

You really must like dog whistles then.

07 Aug 2017, 17:52
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
mister slippery wrote:
Blackjebus wrote:

Nope. Just a quick and easy way to dismiss it.

07 Aug 2017, 18:06
Metal Guru

I dismiss Islam too.

07 Aug 2017, 18:07
Metal Guru

Don't forget facts. You love dismissing those too.

07 Aug 2017, 18:09
Metal Guru

Has Blackjebus handed over his account to Domsen or just shared password so they can both post under one username?

"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."

07 Aug 2017, 20:26
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

I think it's his avatar empowering his inner white nationalist to be quite honest.

07 Aug 2017, 21:05
Metal Guru

xdisciplex wrote:
Has Blackjebus handed over his account to Domsen or just shared password so they can both post under one username?

OK, tell me what's so great about Islam. Why should I embrace its social and political ideology?

Actually sell me on it. Tell me what makes it such a great idea that it DESERVES respect.

08 Aug 2017, 08:11
Metal Guru

Xerxes wrote:
I agree with that, for the most part.

Look, if the idea that Moslems are ticking time bombs (perhaps literally) is accurate then we all need to invest in sturdy fucking helmets. There are a billion of them, Moslems. A fucking billion. Even if every standing army united against as one against, they'd be picked apart like a roadkill after ants get a sniff. And then there'd still be what, five hundred million Moslems left - and that'd only be the case if the war went exceptionally poor for them?

No, putting them to the sword - even if it weren't a shithead thing to do - isn't a worthy approach. That's a war of attrition that, when stretched out over a long enough time scale, we simply cannot win.

This is the main problem:

Obviously the vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists and will never take up arms, and that those who do usually have an underlying factor that compels them into the hands of extremist groups (such as lack of education, lack of employment opportunities, poverty, etc), but that's not always the case. There are lots of examples of people having exactly all that, and STILL going overseas to fight with Isis.

Why is that? Well, it's because the extremist propaganda is really strong. It's really strong because the source material, i.e. The Quran and the Sunnah's, are very authoritative.

Basically, Islam has yet to go through the type of liberal reformation that Christianity and Judaism did over a hundred years ago. But the thing is, they won't arrive there by themselves, because they are very insular, and are taught by their cultures to stay away and loathe anyone else who isn't muslim.

The mistake the "left" is making is that instead of allowing the legitimate criticism of Islam to take centre stage, in the name of "tolerance", what they are actually doing is indirectly marginalizing the reformers within Islam itself (there aren't many of them, but they do exist) by robbing them of a springboard with which they can make their voices be heard. The only discussion within Islam going on right now is how they can be MORE reclusive, MORE conservative, and CLOSER to the true path of Islam which rejects pretty much every modern way of life except for the weapons they use to kill infidels.

This is being enabled simply by leaving them alone to do their thing, instead of confronting their ideology head on. What do you get when you just allow them to do their thing? No go islamic zones. Lots in certain European countries right now, and growing by the day, where they have their own Sharia police roaming the streets (Hamburg, Germany) and beating up anyone who looks like they might be gay or that they might be drunk, or if they cannot recite a Quranic verse in Arabic

08 Aug 2017, 08:25
Metal Guru

Svarog wrote:
lack of education, lack of employment opportunities, poverty, etc

Although these are all contributing factors to radicalization, all of the Islamic terror attacks are done in the name of islam.

They are clear on this. They aren't doing it for attention, education, employment, nor to get out of poverty. Their clear stated goals and motives of these attacks is to kill as many non-Muslims as possible and to terrorize society into following Islamic laws.

08 Aug 2017, 10:01
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
Svarog wrote:
lack of education, lack of employment opportunities, poverty, etc

Although these are all contributing factors to radicalization, all of the Islamic terror attacks are done in the name of islam.

They are clear on this. They aren't doing it for attention, education, employment, nor to get out of poverty. Their clear stated goals and motives of these attacks is to kill as many non-Muslims as possible and to terrorize society into following Islamic laws.

Well, that's only half true. They prescribe to what I read Gwynne Dyer refer to as "magical thinking" i.e., all of our problems will be solved and Allah will provide for our prosperity if all the women are covered up, all the people are facing the same direction at the same time during prayers, etc. They want to be rewarded for their piousness, or at least believe that Allah isn't givin' em a hand because they are allowing for degeneration to exist in their midst.

08 Aug 2017, 10:31
Metal Guru

Conservatives need a new boogeyman since they can't pin all of society's ills on black people, First Nations, and immigrants anymore. Oh they still do but they just change racism setlist to keep things fresh.

08 Aug 2017, 13:14
Metal Guru

Rottenrocker wrote:
Conservatives need a new boogeyman since they can't pin all of society's ills on black people, First Nations, and immigrants anymore. Oh they still do but they just change racism setlist to keep things fresh.

I don't know, I don't see this as the same thing.

People don't seem to remember, but there was a LOT of sympathy building up for Muslims in general just prior to what is now termed as the Arab Spring: Netenyahu was being laughed at at the UN for holding up that cartoon pic of a bomb with the word Iran on it, the Palestinian thing was actually getting steam again, journalists were writing about the plight of the Rohingya... etc. In other words, the world was finally starting to swing in their favour, and then wham, that all changed the moment Isis and a resurrected Al Qaeda in the form of Al-Nusra stormed on the scene. That many of the actual Islamic monarchies around the Persian gulf encouraged this and saw this as a Sunni renaissance, and the fact that Isis still enjoys lots of widespread support from common people in not just the gulf countries, but other places such as the Southern Philippines, Indonesia, Bosnia, etc....

Sunnis basically overplayed their hand by throwing their lot behind an idyllic fantasy land that Isis promised, and now after all the carnage, the world isn't cowering in fear, it's reacting with revulsion.

So no, Muslims are not just the next scapegoat du jour. Nobody is saying (except for the most extreme white nationalists) that they are responsible for the economic misfortune of the whites, for example. No, even ordinary people are reacting negatively to Muslims, because they have had it with constantly seeing news of terrorist incidents being carried out in their name.

I'm sorry man, but they (Sunni Muslims) accidentally brought this upon themselves because they overstepped their boundaries. It's sad that a lot of innocent Muslims are being caught in this crossfire, but they are the ones that are going to have to fix it by reforming their backwards religion that breeds these types of extremist fantasy thinkers. The cat is way out of the bag now, and it isn't always the responsibility of the "whites" to put the cat bag in.

08 Aug 2017, 14:03
Metal Guru

And actually, sorry, I should have added this to the previous post, what you say "whites" are doing is exactly what the extremist Muslims are doing: they're blaming the West, gays, Christians, Jews, you name it, for their own economic and social ills and misfortunes. That is exactly why they are trying to build the "ideal" state that is "free" of us and our filth and shit.

This isn't a new phenomenon. I remember reading an article from Robert Fisk who wrote that even 20 years ago when he was lecturing at the University in Beirut, students would regularly come up to him and engage in conversation... almost all of them saw the only way out for Muslims was to create something akin to an Islamic State. This was a dream for an entire generation.

Of course, only a handful would go on and try to create this state by force, execution, murder etc... i.e. obviously not all of them wanted to resort to violence to create this means to an end, however, that doesn't change the fact that they ALL wanted it. The ALL believed that the key to Islamic prosperity and a utopian society was a society free of everything and everyone that wasn't islamic.

Kind of what Marxists and Leninists believed during the heyday of Marxist ideological thought, or what the nazis believed during Hitler's tenure... and none of those turned out as well as people had hoped either

08 Aug 2017, 14:11
Metal Guru

You've given me a lot to chew on. Your detailed insight is always illuminating.

08 Aug 2017, 14:21
Metal Guru

Rottenrocker wrote:
You've given me a lot to chew on. Your detailed insight is always illuminating.

And I do appreciate your opinions and the articles that you post... I do take these things as well into consideration

08 Aug 2017, 14:28
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
xdisciplex wrote:

OK, tell me what's so great about Islam. Why should I embrace its social and political ideology?

Actually sell me on it. Tell me what makes it such a great idea that it DESERVES respect.

You don't need to be sold on it. Human beings deserve respect, regardless of creed. Nobody is here to educate you, just try acting like an adult.

You don't need to convert, just don't be an ass about it. To denigrate an entire religion makes you a cunt, full stop.

You are rapidly becoming a parody of yourself. Not worth the effort.

Best wishes.

08 Aug 2017, 15:09
Metal Guru

mister slippery wrote:
You don't need to be sold on it. Human beings deserve respect, regardless of creed.

I respect individuals, not groups.

And Islam is an idea. As you are well aware, ideas do not deserve automatic respect.

But please, keep calling me names - maybe that will convince me to agree with you.

08 Aug 2017, 15:51
Metal Guru

Considering who you respect I'd say a brick wall has more tolerance than you do.

08 Aug 2017, 15:58
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
Islam is an idea. As you are well aware, ideas do not deserve automatic respect.

Further, they are not nor should they be above criticism and derision. There is an ocean of difference between hating Islam and hating Muslims.

Islam is no different than any other religion in that it's open season for whatever people have to say about it. There is absolutely nothing sacrosanct about any religion. We do not live in a theocracy, and we are better for it.

08 Aug 2017, 16:13
Metal Guru

The problem, from what I've observed, is that some people can't separate the two or they refuse to do so.

08 Aug 2017, 16:21
Metal Guru

Still, while Jebus is harsh as all fuck, I don't see him mocking people. The religion? Oh fuck yeah. Completely, and IMO, hysterically so. But as far as I can see there is no reason not to completely take the piss out of a religion, even if that makes a few people uncomfortable. When a particular religion is shitting all over the map, it's arguably even more important to mock the fuck out of a ridiculous set of ideals about a goddamn invisible man in the sky that some primitive idiots are killing for.

08 Aug 2017, 16:24
Metal Guru

There's a fine line between mockery/satire and obvious bigotry. An intelligent person knows the difference.

08 Aug 2017, 16:27
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next