It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 02:56



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 39  Next
 News from the EU 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 37609
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
For discussion of the Manchester bombing, go here...

http://bb.bravewords.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=154495

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


22 May 2017, 21:12
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 69992
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: News from the EU
I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks

http://projects.thestar.com/iraq-tortur ... index.html

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


25 May 2017, 14:09
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 61435
Post Re: News from the EU
People need to get it through their fucking heads that nobody there is innocent.

_________________
Now he frolics to alleviate the existential ennui that comes for us all.


25 May 2017, 20:52
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 37609
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
Exorcist wrote:
I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks

http://projects.thestar.com/iraq-tortur ... index.html



It's vengeance. The whole place is steeped in it. Every cruelty is remembered and passed down generation to generation for some payback in kind.

"Eye for an eye" is wired into the very concept of justice, going back thousands of years.

Does anyone think a bunch of 20th and 21st century notions about human rights are going to change that?

Not to say everyone hates everyone - that's not true, but you combine the treachery anc corruption among officials, with historical ethno-religious grievances, and modern notions of total warfare, and what you get is ... this.

What would you do to people who murdered and raped your kin, pillage your town, and even tried to erase your heritage (or their supporters)? Well, if you say "I'd like to show them mercy, and hope for their eventual rehabilitation so there can be peace among us" then you're either Jesus or a liar.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


26 May 2017, 01:31
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 37609
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
Well, it's not Europe, but affects it ...

Quote:
Egypt hits back at Western-backed militants in Libya 'meant to bring democracy & freedom'


https://www.rt.com/op-edge/389903-libya-terrorist-power-vacuum/

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


27 May 2017, 22:04
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2006, 16:03
Posts: 11789
Post Re: News from the EU
This is an interesting piece. I should have posted i a while back. In a way I would rather believe a retired expert who doesn't have his career on the line because of what he says publicly.


MIT expert claims latest chemical weapons attack in Syria was staged

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mit-expert-c ... 19428.html

_________________
"It's not enough that I should succeed... others should fail." - Anonymous


06 Jun 2017, 14:23
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2006, 16:03
Posts: 11789
Post Re: News from the EU
Homs' and Deir Ezzor's time is nearly up. Syrian Army captures Mashkana and finally surfaces near ISIS' stronghold Raqqa governorate.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/ru ... ern-syria/

_________________
"It's not enough that I should succeed... others should fail." - Anonymous


06 Jun 2017, 14:24
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 37609
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
Svarog wrote:
Homs' and Deir Ezzor's time is nearly up. Syrian Army captures Mashkana and finally surfaces near ISIS' stronghold Raqqa governorate.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/ru ... ern-syria/



The sneaking-up-on-everyone news is: US forces are getting closer to open war with the Syrian army...

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/us-backed-rebels-suffer-heavy-losses-failed-offensive-syrian-army/

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-defies-us-warnings-resume-operations-near-iraqi-border/

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-syrian-air-force-bombs-us-allies-raqqa-province/

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-us-coalition-attacks-syrian-army-near-iraqi-border/

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


08 Jun 2017, 13:02
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 37609
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
Election in the UK going on today.

I hope Jeremy Corbyn wins, or at least makes a big improvement in Labours fortunes.

Why?

Because then Tony Blair and his NeoLib minions will each of them shit a whole pineapple.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


08 Jun 2017, 14:20
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2002, 18:43
Posts: 7623
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Post Re: News from the EU
That swing though... holy shit.

+24 for Labour at the moment.

_________________
"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."


08 Jun 2017, 22:05
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2007, 15:41
Posts: 25185
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Post Re: News from the EU
Wow, is Theresa May ever toxic. :lol:

_________________
The True Fortress wrote:
As a true metalhead for almost 30 years, my patience for goofballs of your ilk has become dangerously low...You have no clue what heavy metal is and need to shoot yourself in the face.


09 Jun 2017, 07:51
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 37609
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
Called an election 3 years early to increase her parliamentary majority. A cynical move, based on the premise that Labour was so far gone under Corbyn it could never recover.

Instead, she nearly gave Labour a win - or I should say Corbyn a win. This should silence the posh backstabbing Blairites in his caucus. Already some of them were pretending yesterday that they had never called for him to get the Ides Of March treatment. Now Theresa May might get that from her own side, LOL.

Big servings of humble pie for the Cons, the Blairites, and the SNP - makes me glad. :thumb:

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


09 Jun 2017, 14:17
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 37609
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
EU sues a disobedient Visegrad...

https://www.rt.com/news/392080-eu-legal-action-refugees/

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


13 Jun 2017, 13:41
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2006, 16:03
Posts: 11789
Post Re: News from the EU
Perhaps the sickest thing about the Russian opposition is how they rejoice whenever there is an industrial accident or air catastrophe in Russia as if it's their enemies who died. Oh, sure when dimwits like yourselves assume power (heaven forbid) - no planes will ever fall out of the sky... because pilots will simply refuse to fly to avoid imprisonment. When you listen to people like Navalny - "when I become president - I will punish those, I will forbid this and that, - I will put such and such in prison". President can't "put someone in prison". If we are talking a democratic state - that's the job of Justice Department not the president, and only if there is serious evidence of their wrongdoing. Russian opposition doesn't understand democracy, any more than Trump does. It's simply a buzzword for them. One can be absolutely sure that when they come to power - Russia will be a police state to rival current Ukraine and Belarus

_________________
"It's not enough that I should succeed... others should fail." - Anonymous


14 Jun 2017, 09:59
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2007, 15:41
Posts: 25185
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Post Re: News from the EU
verbalsniper wrote:


Sounds like the Danzig ultimatum of 1939.

Germany has a hell of a track record for majorly fucking things up in Europe.

_________________
The True Fortress wrote:
As a true metalhead for almost 30 years, my patience for goofballs of your ilk has become dangerously low...You have no clue what heavy metal is and need to shoot yourself in the face.


14 Jun 2017, 10:21
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 37609
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
Svarog wrote:
Perhaps the sickest thing about the Russian opposition is how they rejoice whenever there is an industrial accident or air catastrophe in Russia as if it's their enemies who died. Oh, sure when dimwits like yourselves assume power (heaven forbid) - no planes will ever fall out of the sky... because pilots will simply refuse to fly to avoid imprisonment. When you listen to people like Navalny - "when I become president - I will punish those, I will forbid this and that, - I will put such and such in prison".



Still doesn't beat the time the Italian government jailed some scientists for failing to predict an earthquake which took place. They never claimed they could, but you know, whatever.

:stupider:

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


14 Jun 2017, 12:53
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 69992
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: News from the EU
verbalsniper wrote:
Svarog wrote:
Perhaps the sickest thing about the Russian opposition is how they rejoice whenever there is an industrial accident or air catastrophe in Russia as if it's their enemies who died. Oh, sure when dimwits like yourselves assume power (heaven forbid) - no planes will ever fall out of the sky... because pilots will simply refuse to fly to avoid imprisonment. When you listen to people like Navalny - "when I become president - I will punish those, I will forbid this and that, - I will put such and such in prison".



Still doesn't beat the time the Italian government jailed some scientists for failing to predict an earthquake which took place. They never claimed they could, but you know, whatever.

:stupider:


To be fair, it's hard to mime out "big fucking earthquake" with excessive hand gestures.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


14 Jun 2017, 14:09
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2006, 16:03
Posts: 11789
Post Re: News from the EU
Sweden: 100 Muslim migrant youths attack police with stones, sticks and bats

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/06/swed ... s-and-bats

_________________
"It's not enough that I should succeed... others should fail." - Anonymous


19 Jun 2017, 17:44
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 37609
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
More potentially dangerous than the London van thing ...

Quote:
known extremist is pulled out of a smoking car containing weapons and explosives after RAMMING a police van


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4618184/Champs-Elysees-lockdown-amid-police-security-alert.html

Boy, the Mail sure loves that word "ramming", huh? :naughty:

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


19 Jun 2017, 18:20
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 37609
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
After winning the Presidency Macron and his new party won a majority of seats in the National Assembly also.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4615872/Emmanuel-Macron-s-party-set-win-majority.html

Very low vote turnout, apparently. But what it means is, Macron is going to be 100% responsible for what happens to France for a few years.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


19 Jun 2017, 18:24
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2007, 15:41
Posts: 25185
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Post Re: News from the EU
France's elections this year were really weird. Their mainstream parties all got their asses kicked, and the winners, Macron and his party, aren't very popular with the average French citizen.

_________________
The True Fortress wrote:
As a true metalhead for almost 30 years, my patience for goofballs of your ilk has become dangerously low...You have no clue what heavy metal is and need to shoot yourself in the face.


19 Jun 2017, 18:29
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 37609
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
Blackjebus wrote:
France's elections this year were really weird. Their mainstream parties all got their asses kicked, and the winners, Macron and his party, aren't very popular with the average French citizen.



French voters are fickle - or put another way, quick to turn on someone who pisses them off.
If Macron fucks up, the shine will come off him real fast.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


19 Jun 2017, 18:43
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2007, 15:41
Posts: 25185
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Post Re: News from the EU
I find it interesting that Macron is pushing for a hard Brexit.

_________________
The True Fortress wrote:
As a true metalhead for almost 30 years, my patience for goofballs of your ilk has become dangerously low...You have no clue what heavy metal is and need to shoot yourself in the face.


19 Jun 2017, 23:34
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 37609
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
I guess he's aligned with the "Punish the UK" crowd. Plus being a younger guy, I think he's trying to show he's got a set by trying to eat Britain's lunch.He shouldn't get too cocky though. If he makes Hollande-style mistakes, he will end in a Hollande-like way.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


21 Jun 2017, 01:08
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2002, 18:43
Posts: 7623
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Post Re: News from the EU
The closest suitable thread for it.

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.796853

Quote:
The cabinet did so knowing that the step was liable to spur escalation toward war with Hamas. It did so knowing that even if escalation did not occur, the Gaza Electricity Authority had warned that reducing the power supply to the Strip any further would likely lead to a humanitarian disaster.

On Monday, Israel hit the kill switch.

On the longest days of the year, in the choking heat of the Gaza summer, with days still to go on the sunrise-to-sundown fast of Ramadan, with the power supply in the Strip already severely compromised, with hospital wards and drinking-water desalination plants already closed down for lack of power, with raw sewage running in the streets and between houses, the cuts on Monday meant that Gazans, who were already somehow making do with only four hours of electricity every 24 hours, would have their power shut down for an additional 45 minutes a day.

It was the worst thing Israel's done all year. On Tuesday it got worse.

The Israel Electric Corporation cut power even further, Gaza's electricity authority announced on Tuesday. The new cuts left the western part of Gaza City and areas in the northern Strip with just two and a half to three hours of electricity per day.

_________________
"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."


24 Jun 2017, 06:47
Profile ICQ
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 39  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.