It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 02:56

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 39  Next
 News from the EU 
Metal Guru

Post Re: News from the EU
For discussion of the Manchester bombing, go here...

http://bb.bravewords.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=154495

22 May 2017, 21:12
Metal Guru

I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks

http://projects.thestar.com/iraq-tortur ... index.html

25 May 2017, 14:09
Metal Guru

People need to get it through their fucking heads that nobody there is innocent.

25 May 2017, 20:52
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks

http://projects.thestar.com/iraq-tortur ... index.html

It's vengeance. The whole place is steeped in it. Every cruelty is remembered and passed down generation to generation for some payback in kind.

"Eye for an eye" is wired into the very concept of justice, going back thousands of years.

Does anyone think a bunch of 20th and 21st century notions about human rights are going to change that?

Not to say everyone hates everyone - that's not true, but you combine the treachery anc corruption among officials, with historical ethno-religious grievances, and modern notions of total warfare, and what you get is ... this.

What would you do to people who murdered and raped your kin, pillage your town, and even tried to erase your heritage (or their supporters)? Well, if you say "I'd like to show them mercy, and hope for their eventual rehabilitation so there can be peace among us" then you're either Jesus or a liar.

26 May 2017, 01:31
Metal Guru

Well, it's not Europe, but affects it ...

Quote:
Egypt hits back at Western-backed militants in Libya 'meant to bring democracy & freedom'

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/389903-libya-terrorist-power-vacuum/

27 May 2017, 22:04
Metal Guru

This is an interesting piece. I should have posted i a while back. In a way I would rather believe a retired expert who doesn't have his career on the line because of what he says publicly.

MIT expert claims latest chemical weapons attack in Syria was staged

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mit-expert-c ... 19428.html

06 Jun 2017, 14:23
Metal Guru

Homs' and Deir Ezzor's time is nearly up. Syrian Army captures Mashkana and finally surfaces near ISIS' stronghold Raqqa governorate.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/ru ... ern-syria/

06 Jun 2017, 14:24
Metal Guru

Svarog wrote:
Homs' and Deir Ezzor's time is nearly up. Syrian Army captures Mashkana and finally surfaces near ISIS' stronghold Raqqa governorate.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/ru ... ern-syria/

The sneaking-up-on-everyone news is: US forces are getting closer to open war with the Syrian army...

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/us-backed-rebels-suffer-heavy-losses-failed-offensive-syrian-army/

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-defies-us-warnings-resume-operations-near-iraqi-border/

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-syrian-air-force-bombs-us-allies-raqqa-province/

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-us-coalition-attacks-syrian-army-near-iraqi-border/

08 Jun 2017, 13:02
Metal Guru

Election in the UK going on today.

I hope Jeremy Corbyn wins, or at least makes a big improvement in Labours fortunes.

Why?

Because then Tony Blair and his NeoLib minions will each of them shit a whole pineapple.

08 Jun 2017, 14:20
Metal Guru

That swing though... holy shit.

+24 for Labour at the moment.

"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."

08 Jun 2017, 22:05
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

Wow, is Theresa May ever toxic. :lol:

09 Jun 2017, 07:51
Metal Guru

Called an election 3 years early to increase her parliamentary majority. A cynical move, based on the premise that Labour was so far gone under Corbyn it could never recover.

Instead, she nearly gave Labour a win - or I should say Corbyn a win. This should silence the posh backstabbing Blairites in his caucus. Already some of them were pretending yesterday that they had never called for him to get the Ides Of March treatment. Now Theresa May might get that from her own side, LOL.

Big servings of humble pie for the Cons, the Blairites, and the SNP - makes me glad. :thumb:

09 Jun 2017, 14:17
Metal Guru

EU sues a disobedient Visegrad...

https://www.rt.com/news/392080-eu-legal-action-refugees/

13 Jun 2017, 13:41
Metal Guru

Perhaps the sickest thing about the Russian opposition is how they rejoice whenever there is an industrial accident or air catastrophe in Russia as if it's their enemies who died. Oh, sure when dimwits like yourselves assume power (heaven forbid) - no planes will ever fall out of the sky... because pilots will simply refuse to fly to avoid imprisonment. When you listen to people like Navalny - "when I become president - I will punish those, I will forbid this and that, - I will put such and such in prison". President can't "put someone in prison". If we are talking a democratic state - that's the job of Justice Department not the president, and only if there is serious evidence of their wrongdoing. Russian opposition doesn't understand democracy, any more than Trump does. It's simply a buzzword for them. One can be absolutely sure that when they come to power - Russia will be a police state to rival current Ukraine and Belarus

14 Jun 2017, 09:59
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:

Sounds like the Danzig ultimatum of 1939.

Germany has a hell of a track record for majorly fucking things up in Europe.

14 Jun 2017, 10:21
Metal Guru

Svarog wrote:
Perhaps the sickest thing about the Russian opposition is how they rejoice whenever there is an industrial accident or air catastrophe in Russia as if it's their enemies who died. Oh, sure when dimwits like yourselves assume power (heaven forbid) - no planes will ever fall out of the sky... because pilots will simply refuse to fly to avoid imprisonment. When you listen to people like Navalny - "when I become president - I will punish those, I will forbid this and that, - I will put such and such in prison".

Still doesn't beat the time the Italian government jailed some scientists for failing to predict an earthquake which took place. They never claimed they could, but you know, whatever.

:stupider:

14 Jun 2017, 12:53
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
Svarog wrote:
Perhaps the sickest thing about the Russian opposition is how they rejoice whenever there is an industrial accident or air catastrophe in Russia as if it's their enemies who died. Oh, sure when dimwits like yourselves assume power (heaven forbid) - no planes will ever fall out of the sky... because pilots will simply refuse to fly to avoid imprisonment. When you listen to people like Navalny - "when I become president - I will punish those, I will forbid this and that, - I will put such and such in prison".

Still doesn't beat the time the Italian government jailed some scientists for failing to predict an earthquake which took place. They never claimed they could, but you know, whatever.

:stupider:

To be fair, it's hard to mime out "big fucking earthquake" with excessive hand gestures.

14 Jun 2017, 14:09
Metal Guru

Sweden: 100 Muslim migrant youths attack police with stones, sticks and bats

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/06/swed ... s-and-bats

19 Jun 2017, 17:44
Metal Guru

More potentially dangerous than the London van thing ...

Quote:
known extremist is pulled out of a smoking car containing weapons and explosives after RAMMING a police van

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4618184/Champs-Elysees-lockdown-amid-police-security-alert.html

Boy, the Mail sure loves that word "ramming", huh? :naughty:

19 Jun 2017, 18:20
Metal Guru

After winning the Presidency Macron and his new party won a majority of seats in the National Assembly also.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4615872/Emmanuel-Macron-s-party-set-win-majority.html

Very low vote turnout, apparently. But what it means is, Macron is going to be 100% responsible for what happens to France for a few years.

19 Jun 2017, 18:24
Metal Guru

France's elections this year were really weird. Their mainstream parties all got their asses kicked, and the winners, Macron and his party, aren't very popular with the average French citizen.

19 Jun 2017, 18:29
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
France's elections this year were really weird. Their mainstream parties all got their asses kicked, and the winners, Macron and his party, aren't very popular with the average French citizen.

French voters are fickle - or put another way, quick to turn on someone who pisses them off.
If Macron fucks up, the shine will come off him real fast.

19 Jun 2017, 18:43
Metal Guru

I find it interesting that Macron is pushing for a hard Brexit.

19 Jun 2017, 23:34
Metal Guru

I guess he's aligned with the "Punish the UK" crowd. Plus being a younger guy, I think he's trying to show he's got a set by trying to eat Britain's lunch.He shouldn't get too cocky though. If he makes Hollande-style mistakes, he will end in a Hollande-like way.

21 Jun 2017, 01:08
Metal Guru

The closest suitable thread for it.

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.796853

Quote:
The cabinet did so knowing that the step was liable to spur escalation toward war with Hamas. It did so knowing that even if escalation did not occur, the Gaza Electricity Authority had warned that reducing the power supply to the Strip any further would likely lead to a humanitarian disaster.

On Monday, Israel hit the kill switch.

On the longest days of the year, in the choking heat of the Gaza summer, with days still to go on the sunrise-to-sundown fast of Ramadan, with the power supply in the Strip already severely compromised, with hospital wards and drinking-water desalination plants already closed down for lack of power, with raw sewage running in the streets and between houses, the cuts on Monday meant that Gazans, who were already somehow making do with only four hours of electricity every 24 hours, would have their power shut down for an additional 45 minutes a day.

It was the worst thing Israel's done all year. On Tuesday it got worse.

The Israel Electric Corporation cut power even further, Gaza's electricity authority announced on Tuesday. The new cuts left the western part of Gaza City and areas in the northern Strip with just two and a half to three hours of electricity per day.

"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."

24 Jun 2017, 06:47
Profile ICQ
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 39  Next