It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 06:12

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 The Objective Truth: LWNT continued. 
Metal Guru

Post Re: The Objective Truth: LWNT continued.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

13 Jul 2017, 11:41
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
People in Seattle (including the judges) are complaining about all the feces from homeless people on the sidewalks outside the courthouse.

But it looks like some members of Seattle's city council thinks that spraying the shit off the sidewalks is "racist":

Quote:
"Councilmember Larry Gossett said he didn’t like the idea of power-washing the sidewalks because it brought back images of the use of hoses against civil-rights activists"

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new ... n-seattle/

:spit: :lol:

Amazingly stupid.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

13 Jul 2017, 18:45
Metal Guru

That's right boys and girls - you now can no longer consider yourselves as boys or girls.
It's officially been declared obsolete - the deciders of all culture have said so.

Quote:
Gender is over. Dead. Kaput. Finis. Indeed, in 2017, to have a traditional gender identity – like boring old “man” or “woman” – is to mark oneself out as achingly unhip.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/14/tfl-scrapping-ladies-and-gentlemen-gender-public-toilets

:rolleyes:

14 Jul 2017, 17:31
Metal Guru

Where the fuck did this trend of "You are whatever you imagine yourself to be, and the rest of the world needs to humor you" come from? This has gone far enough and needs to stop.

Someone believes they're something they aren't? That's not mental illness. Nope. In fact, you are violating human rights if you don't play along with their delusions.

Genetic testing says your kid is male or female? Bullshit. Fuck off with that "chromosome" bullshit.

Your 9-year-old boy isn't interested in banging chicks? Well obviously it's because he's a girl. The healthiest thing to do is prescribe him testosterone blockers to delay puberty and let's find a psychiatrist to encourage him to chop his dick off.

What in the actual fuck?

14 Jul 2017, 17:51
Metal Guru

truly fascinating how incidents like those detailed in this thread get sensationalized. wacky? sure! hardly commonplace or evidence of any trend.

14 Jul 2017, 19:28
Metal Guru

I think it's a little of column A, little of column B. Like it's estimated that 1 in 100 people are intersex to some degree, meaning that statistically, you've run across quite a lot of people in your life who are a bit gender ambiguous. Yes, the intended design is male/female - that's the paradigm - but obnoxious liberals do not make actual intersex people not exist. Remember the stink from a few years back when that black Olympian lady's medals were contested because of how masculine she was?

In other words, gender technically is a spectrum, but that's not the intended result. Nature very clearly wants us to be in one category or the other, the rest are accidents of genetics.

But on the flip side, there is this ultra-progressive social witch hunt thing going on too. There are swathes of people out to be the most liberal liberal who ever liberal'd. It's a race to the bottom, and it's fucking cringy. You can claim to be a pansexual were-tarantula all you want, I'm not going to stand up for you.

15 Jul 2017, 08:29
Metal Guru

Xerxes wrote:
I think it's a little of column A, little of column B. Like it's estimated that 1 in 100 people are intersex to some degree, meaning that statistically, you've run across quite a lot of people in your life who are a bit gender ambiguous. Yes, the intended design is male/female - that's the paradigm - but obnoxious liberals do not make actual intersex people not exist. Remember the stink from a few years back when that black Olympian lady's medals were contested because of how masculine she was?

In other words, gender technically is a spectrum, but that's not the intended result. Nature very clearly wants us to be in one category or the other, the rest are accidents of genetics.

But on the flip side, there is this ultra-progressive social witch hunt thing going on too. There are swathes of people out to be the most liberal liberal who ever liberal'd. It's a race to the bottom, and it's fucking cringy. You can claim to be a pansexual were-tarantula all you want, I'm not going to stand up for you.

I think what most people object to is the 99% having to bend and bow and scrape to that 1% - that (in theory) all society must be de-gendered because it makes the 1% uncomfortable to look at a society that was designed for the needs of the other 99%. Gender is over, because some small special elite decided that what the other 99% want doesn't matter?
(Yeah, or 90% if people want to quibble over the ratios - the principle is the same.)

They have become as bad as the religious right - hunting down and shaming heretics. This is not an accident - there is a puritanism going on here; even if these puritans are "progressive" SJW's, they are still hysterical fanatics.

There is another bit of irony over this, that in the narrow scope of left/right political factionalism, the kind of tyranny which one side cannot accept economically, they are eager to impose sexually.

IMHO, in general this has gone way beyond the doctrine or "live and let live". We now see goon squads out there enforcing this new absolutism, but who (just like their deposed predecessors) never have to answer to to the larger population. I think those who push this agenda are drunk on the recent social power they've gained, no longer willing to acknowledge all the goodwill they are destroying by creating a new social pecking order where heteros are the lowest caste.

15 Jul 2017, 21:23
Metal Guru

I am... absolutely onboard. Agreed.

15 Jul 2017, 22:14
Metal Guru

The New York Times argues that hearing speech you don't like is a form of "violence".

http://archive.is/PCYgV

Quote:
That’s why it’s reasonable, scientifically speaking, not to allow a provocateur and hatemonger like Milo Yiannopoulos to speak at your school. He is part of something noxious, a campaign of abuse. There is nothing to be gained from debating him, for debate is not what he is offering.

On the other hand, when the political scientist Charles Murray argues that genetic factors help account for racial disparities in I.Q. scores, you might find his view to be repugnant and misguided, but it’s only offensive. It is offered as a scholarly hypothesis to be debated, not thrown like a grenade.

Wow. The author recognizes the difference between abusive and offensive, but takes some incredible leaps in logic for her real-world applications here.

17 Jul 2017, 12:28
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
The New York Times argues that hearing speech you don't like is a form of "violence".

http://archive.is/PCYgV

Quote:
That’s why it’s reasonable, scientifically speaking, not to allow a provocateur and hatemonger like Milo Yiannopoulos to speak at your school. He is part of something noxious, a campaign of abuse. There is nothing to be gained from debating him, for debate is not what he is offering.

On the other hand, when the political scientist Charles Murray argues that genetic factors help account for racial disparities in I.Q. scores, you might find his view to be repugnant and misguided, but it’s only offensive. It is offered as a scholarly hypothesis to be debated, not thrown like a grenade.

Wow. The author recognizes the difference between abusive and offensive, but takes some incredible leaps in logic for her real-world applications here.

Awww, what an adorable little article!

17 Jul 2017, 13:13
Metal Guru

Xerxes wrote:
I am... absolutely onboard. Agreed.

Ditto.

17 Jul 2017, 14:59
Metal Guru

I guess hetero purity is the new ethnic purity then. Good to know.

18 Jul 2017, 14:45
Metal Guru

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatche ... -1.4213395

Native man pissy because oncologist refuses to follow up with him after the man refuses to take medicine and instead opts for homeopathic bullshit.

...The doctor is right. We should not be humouring people who think that homeopathic "remedies" are real. If you're not willing to follow medical advice, there is no need for the doctor to see you. Doctors should never, ever normalize or humour pseudoscience.

20 Jul 2017, 10:17
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
If you're not willing to follow medical advice, there is no need for the doctor to see you.

Especially when the oncologist has a waiting list of cancer patients eager to be helped and who are willing to comply with prescribed treatments.

This patient has stage 4 lung cancer, which he most likely developed from "traditional" tobacco use as well.

20 Jul 2017, 10:34
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
If you're not willing to follow medical advice, there is no need for the doctor to see you.

Especially when the oncologist has a waiting list of cancer patients eager to be helped and who are willing to comply with prescribed treatments.

No shit! Oh, you think the trees hold the answers? Then get the fuck out of the doctor's office and stop taking up space for people who will actually take the treatment as directed. There are too many people with cancer to waste time on superstitious people who will not follow direction.

20 Jul 2017, 10:47
Metal Guru

Lung cancer is, like, organic.

20 Jul 2017, 12:04
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:

When I speak, it definitely is.

20 Jul 2017, 21:32
Metal Guru

I'd park it

21 Jul 2017, 22:33
Metal Guru

Oh, this will go over well. :lol:

Quote:
TRUMP BOY SCOUT SPEECH IS NAZI HITLER YOUTH RALLY, LEFT SAYS

http://www.newsweek.com/hitler-trump-ge ... 1392?amp=1

Man, with around a million adult volunteers and 2 and a half million kids in the scouts, everybody is Hitler. :lol:

Does the far left in the USA not give a fuck about winning people over to their side for future elections?

25 Jul 2017, 14:42
Metal Guru

Of course the people who are perfectly okay with a handicap mocking, pussy grabbing, racist POTUS won't be swayed.

That speech was a disgusting exercise in narcissism. I'm just glad it wasn't the Girl Scouts.

:8D:

25 Jul 2017, 15:05
Metal Guru

Rottenrocker wrote:
Of course the people who are perfectly okay with a handicap mocking, pussy grabbing, racist POTUS won't be swayed.

That speech was a disgusting exercise in narcissism. I'm just glad it wasn't the Girl Scouts.

I won't disagree with you about the speech being narcissistic, but the media's comparisons to Hitler Youth are really stretching it.

Don't these people realize that this kind of ridiculousness is exactly what drove the "populist" movement in the first place?

It shouldn't be a crime to have patriotic feelings.

25 Jul 2017, 15:20
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
Oh, this will go over well. :lol:

Quote:
TRUMP BOY SCOUT SPEECH IS NAZI HITLER YOUTH RALLY, LEFT SAYS

http://www.newsweek.com/hitler-trump-ge ... 1392?amp=1

Man, with around a million adult volunteers and 2 and a half million kids in the scouts, everybody is Hitler. :lol:

Does the far left in the USA not give a fuck about winning people over to their side for future elections?

Narcissism and bad marketing, that's all.

25 Jul 2017, 15:54
Metal Guru

Nothing wrong with having patriotic feelings. It's when people in power manipulate that patriotism into unquestioning nationalism is where it gets a bit scary.

25 Jul 2017, 15:59
Metal Guru

The New Yorker's daily cartoon is on point:

25 Jul 2017, 16:06
Metal Guru

Svarog wrote:
Rottenrocker wrote:

I won't disagree with you about the speech being narcissistic, but the media's comparisons to Hitler Youth are really stretching it.

Don't these people realize that this kind of ridiculousness is exactly what drove the "populist" movement in the first place?

It shouldn't be a crime to have patriotic feelings.

No kidding.

Especially given that the Nazis abolished youth recreation groups in Germany, and then pressured all German families to register their kids to join the Hitler Youth.

It's almost like these SJWs don't know history or something.

25 Jul 2017, 19:16
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next