It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 16:47

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition. 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
:lol:

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

26 Sep 2018, 09:14
Metal Guru

Layoffs today. I survived again.

That's good. But it was sad as Paul was laid off and he's been here forever. He's going to retire soon so it was nice of them to send him off with a package, and not layoff anyone else instead. Just the one person on my team.

Also weird because sometimes I just wish it was me. Give me a good package and I can just start doing something different after some time off. But it's pretty hard to find a gig where you get paid so much to do so little these days. I go in circles on this.

26 Sep 2018, 11:22
Metal Guru

devil you know

26 Sep 2018, 11:24
Metal Guru

Yeah. Probably.

26 Sep 2018, 11:30
Metal Guru

This was my first regular two day weekend in a while and I'm tired and want to go home and get into bed and stay there 'til tomorrow.

01 Oct 2018, 14:39
Metal Guru

:lol: sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays!

seriously though fuck today, tired as fuck, behind on a bunch of work, and starting to discover all the landmines guy who got laid off left behind by fucking things up and not telling anybody, creating more work for me. yay.

01 Oct 2018, 15:37
Metal Guru

Only 4 more days and it'll be Friyay!

01 Oct 2018, 15:39
Metal Guru

My back has been fucked up since the end of last week. I have had back problems on and off over the years, but never like this. It's that sciatica shit where it feels like your hip and leg are on fire when you sit or lay wrong for more than a few minutes. Havn't gotten more than 4 hours of sleep all week, shit is awful. I am going to see my doctor today. I have had lower back issues maybe once or twice a year since I was in my 20's, and have never felt the need to see a doctor. This shit is just maddening, because it won't let you relax in any position, but as long as I am standing or walking I am all good. What the fuck. The only chair that I seem to be able to sit in for more than 5 minutes in my house is my computer chair.

12 Oct 2018, 08:18
Metal Guru

my wife developed that pretty bad when she was pregnant the second time. finally saw a chiropracter about it and he really seemed to be able to help it.

i feel really bad for anyone with back issues. i strained my lower back once and for two weeks i was just miserable. can't imagine having to live with that kind of pain and discomfort constantly.

12 Oct 2018, 08:27
Metal Guru

Anhur wrote:
My back has been fucked up since the end of last week. I have had back problems on and off over the years, but never like this. It's that sciatica shit where it feels like your hip and leg are on fire when you sit or lay wrong for more than a few minutes. Havn't gotten more than 4 hours of sleep all week, shit is awful. I am going to see my doctor today. I have had lower back issues maybe once or twice a year since I was in my 20's, and have never felt the need to see a doctor. This shit is just maddening, because it won't let you relax in any position, but as long as I am standing or walking I am all good. What the fuck. The only chair that I seem to be able to sit in for more than 5 minutes in my house is my computer chair.

That fucking hurts, man. I've dealt with it on and off for years. As Phen said, chiro might be a good way to go. It's the only thing that's ever helped me with my back issues.

12 Oct 2018, 08:39
Metal Guru

I am going to see what my doctor says first, but I will try a chiropractor if he can't help. Normally I can just push through a back issue, maybe sleep on the floor a couple of nights and take Advil. it sucks, but it goes away. This particular bullshit is worse, because I can't get comfortable, and am not able to sleep properly. I took today off though. I am going to see my doc at 11:00, and hopefully I can take a nap later.

12 Oct 2018, 08:47
Metal Guru

I can almost feel the right side of my lower back/my right leg tensing up just reading about that shit. Good god. Get well, Anhur.

12 Oct 2018, 08:50
Metal Guru

i've developed a minor case of it over the last 6 months ago myself i think. first noticed it on a long car drive. almost like a charley horse in my right butt cheek :roll:

now it feels like a constantly sore/tight hamstring that won't go away no matter how much i stretch it. i roll around on a baseball once a day to try to loosen it up. seems to work a little.

12 Oct 2018, 09:23
Metal Guru

Lay on your back. Put one leg up. Take the othe other leg and cross it ( like when you cross your legs sitting). Hold the knee of the leg you crossed (top leg) and pull your leg towards your chest, keeping your leg crossed. You should feel the most righteous glute stretch, siatic relief, careful, butt cramps aren't fun. Switch legs and repeat.
Stop sitting on your wallet, if you do that.

12 Oct 2018, 09:24
Metal Guru

yeah that stretch definitely works. especially well if you get someone to push up on the non crossed leg. also just laying on your back and crossing the hurty leg over your body but not allowing your back to twist.

12 Oct 2018, 09:26
Metal Guru

Sciatica is the devil. Hope that shit goes away soon, dude.

I've dealt with it a couple times. When I was sitting in an office chair, i'd roll a tennis or golf ball under the foot of the leg that ached. Always have a golf ball in my desk for that reason. It's soothing. In my case, it fired right from back, through my ass, into the crotch area (as the nerve shoots right through the pelvic bone) and down the leg to the foot.

12 Oct 2018, 12:24
Metal Guru

I've had some back issues a couple times over the years, with a couple cases of (thankfully) mild sciatica. It sucks.

Yoga also helps. And that stretch Rocky mentioned is part of yoga routines I've done. This is all assuming you're able to do the positions given your current back pain, of course.

Blasphomet wrote:
Give it a googy.

12 Oct 2018, 12:33
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

Legit foam rollers are a great investment.

12 Oct 2018, 14:24
Metal Guru

Got some meds, and he referred me to a chiropractor. He also wants me to get an Xray, but none of that stuff is happening until next week other than the meds. Hope those and the stretching help. This shit not pleasant.

12 Oct 2018, 17:14
Metal Guru

Anhur wrote:

Ugh. Sciatica is a bitch. I get flare-ups of it every now and then. It got worse after a hit-and-run car accident I was in last year. I was rear-ended pretty hard (giggity), and the other driver took off. The impact jolted my spine and hips pretty badly, and left me with a lot of mid/lower spinal compression. My insurance company covered a few physiotherapy treatments, but it unfortunately didn't do much to help. Since I didn't get the other driver's license plate number, and because they fled the scene after hitting me, the police said they couldn't do anything. I more than likely would have sued for injury, etc otherwise.

13 Oct 2018, 00:43
Metal Guru

Somehow on Saturday night I slept with my left arm cranked underneath me. Fucking shoulder has felt like fire since yesterday.

15 Oct 2018, 11:11
Metal Guru

My dog is sick. Poor girl had the shits yesterday, and I wound up wiping a bunch of blood off of her butt as well. Vet appointment in an hour. Hoping that it doesn't cost so much that my trip to Montreal flies out of the window, but moreso hoping that my pooch is OK. My pooch will always, always take priority over anything else.

15 Oct 2018, 13:01
Metal Guru

Damn dogs.

15 Oct 2018, 15:51
Metal Guru

All is well with the pooch :m:

No issues today and the vet said that she probably just ate something that she was having trouble passing. The likely culprit is a tennis ball since she annihilated one pretty recently. A week of meds and all should be clear :m:

15 Oct 2018, 16:07
Metal Guru

Good shit.

15 Oct 2018, 16:12
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next