It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 16:47



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition. 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74658
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Some insect fucks have been munching on the leaves of my ladies. This guy has gotta get some neem oil asap. The ladies are all growing like it's going out of style, so if I can just keep the mites and shit off of them than I should be headed to a killer harvest. Two of them are already close to four feet tall and they're not even out of the veg state yet :evil:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


30 Jul 2018, 14:02
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74658
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Trying to break through the language barrier with a few of our techs who are new to the job and the country. Holy fuck. I have no idea how some of these guys can possibly have a successful interaction with customers when so much is going in one ear and out the other because they just don't understand what's being said.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


10 Aug 2018, 12:11
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 39815
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Hate to say it, but you're kinda screwed.

If you need people who can speak to customers with clarity and precision, then if these guys cannot do the job, they should be canned.

On the other hand, how many fully-English-speaking people you know are actually willing to do this sort of dull/irritating/low-wage CSR work, so if you canned these guys, could you even find replacements that are not just as bad?

Like I said, you're screwed.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


10 Aug 2018, 12:17
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74658
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Oh it's a catch-22 for sure. I would personally have never hired them, but like you said - we need warm bodies in trucks doing the work. Thankfully we have supervisors who do most of the tending to technicians, so I very rarely have to deal with the headache myself.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


10 Aug 2018, 12:27
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2009, 02:32
Posts: 27550
Location: E 99th & St.Clair
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Hiring for the sake of hiring never works out. Sucks you're in this situation.

_________________
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Take your rhythmless Varg-borne black "metal" and shove it up your poser vaginas alongside your Dead Can Dance records.


10 Aug 2018, 12:45
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2002, 15:22
Posts: 40978
Location: Doofania
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Exorcist wrote:
Trying to break through the language barrier with a few of our techs who are new to the job and the country. Holy fuck. I have no idea how some of these guys can possibly have a successful interaction with customers when so much is going in one ear and out the other because they just don't understand what's being said.


Que?

_________________
Clad In Shadows wrote:
Thanks to the internet, people now beat things to death more than ever before.


11 Aug 2018, 09:33
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74658
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
I'm people'd out in a big way. Thankfully there's only 97 minutes left in my shift, though.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


17 Aug 2018, 13:24
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
This fuckin' guy at work talking to me about Sepultura's Roots and Korn again.


12 Sep 2018, 10:47
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74658
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Blasphomet wrote:
This fuckin' guy at work talking to me about Sepultura's Roots and Korn again.


I'll trade you that for office conversations about politics, and other people's kids :idea:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


12 Sep 2018, 11:10
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 23:16
Posts: 28559
Location: hollywood upstairs medical college
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
co-worker asked me if i played magic last week, other guy talks about pokemon go all the time. wanna trade?

_________________
Jotun wrote:
Hitler had an opinion

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.


12 Sep 2018, 11:29
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2009, 02:32
Posts: 27550
Location: E 99th & St.Clair
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
My coworkers just want treats and long walks.

_________________
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Take your rhythmless Varg-borne black "metal" and shove it up your poser vaginas alongside your Dead Can Dance records.


12 Sep 2018, 12:16
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2009, 02:32
Posts: 27550
Location: E 99th & St.Clair
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
I can't stand when people find out you're married to Heavy Metal.
"I heard you like Metal."
"Yes"
"Do you like Lamb of God?"
"No"
Avoid from there on out.

_________________
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Take your rhythmless Varg-borne black "metal" and shove it up your poser vaginas alongside your Dead Can Dance records.


12 Sep 2018, 12:19
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 23:16
Posts: 28559
Location: hollywood upstairs medical college
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
outside of this place and a couple of friends i pretty much treat talking about music like talking about politics

even though i do like lamb of god and other somewhat accessible stuff i don't want to hear some guy telling me why i should listen to five finger dick punch or bat people or whatever and no i don't really want to talk to you about bands you've never heard of

_________________
Jotun wrote:
Hitler had an opinion

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.


12 Sep 2018, 12:39
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2004, 08:29
Posts: 21737
Location: nj
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
ugh it's always lamb of god. do enjoy the reaction when i say i don't like them though.

_________________
did that butter churn just move? cause if it did.....


12 Sep 2018, 13:19
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2007, 15:41
Posts: 26873
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
It's shitty weather outside (windy and rainy), and my feet hurt for some reason.

_________________
The True Fortress wrote:
As a true metalhead for almost 30 years, my patience for goofballs of your ilk has become dangerously low...You have no clue what heavy metal is and need to shoot yourself in the face.


12 Sep 2018, 13:47
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74658
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Blackjebus wrote:
It's shitty weather outside (windy and rainy), and my feet hurt for some reason.


Menopause? It sounds like it could be menopause.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


12 Sep 2018, 13:50
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 23:16
Posts: 28559
Location: hollywood upstairs medical college
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
now that school is back in session i'm going to have to start taking my lunch break earlier. i like waiting until ~2:00 to take it because the people that start at 7 are leaving when i get back so easier to find a parking spot, plus even if i'm working late there's so much less time left in the day, but with all the buses and kids on the road now it takes longer to get back to the office afterwards

_________________
Jotun wrote:
Hitler had an opinion

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.


12 Sep 2018, 14:43
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74658
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Rook wrote:
now that school is back in session i'm going to have to start taking my lunch break earlier. i like waiting until ~2:00 to take it because the people that start at 7 are leaving when i get back so easier to find a parking spot, plus even if i'm working late there's so much less time left in the day, but with all the buses and kids on the road now it takes longer to get back to the office afterwards


Late lunches are where it's at. I finish work at 4pm and I never take my lunch until 1pm, but usually it winds up being closer to 2pm.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


12 Sep 2018, 14:44
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
This fuckin' guy at work talking to me about Sepultura's Roots and Korn again.


I'll trade you that for office conversations about politics, and other people's kids :idea:



Fortunately no one seems to talk about politics here. People talking about their friends or family or themselves and what they are up to and shit doesn't bug me as much because they won't ask you questions like "do you like me? Do you like my kid? My family?"

But they ask you "do you like Korn?" and I just say "I only know the first album" so I don't just say 'No" and shut them down like an ass. I don't really find it funny, but kind of sad lol. Like, "Do you like Roots?". "Naw, I stopped liking their music when it went to shit after the 80's and think Roots is shit" lol.

He gets confused because he knows I like stuff like The Dead and Willie Nelson and Neil Young because I wear their shirts here sometimes, and then knows I like metal, but he doesn't know anything about metal outside of the Roots album and Korn seemingly, so he repeats shit and I truly didn't care the first time around.


12 Sep 2018, 14:49
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74658
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Blasphomet wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
This fuckin' guy at work talking to me about Sepultura's Roots and Korn again.


I'll trade you that for office conversations about politics, and other people's kids :idea:



Fortunately no one seems to talk about politics here. People talking about their friends or family or themselves and what they are up to and shit doesn't bug me as much because they won't ask you questions like "do you like me? Do you like my kid? My family?"

But they ask you "do you like Korn?" and I just say "I only know the first album" so I don't just say 'No" and shut them down like an ass. I don't really find it funny, but kind of sad lol. Like, "Do you like Roots?". "Naw, I stopped liking their music when it went to shit after the 80's and think Roots is shit" lol.

He gets confused because he knows I like stuff like The Dead and Willie Nelson and Neil Young because I wear their shirts here sometimes, and then knows I like metal, but he doesn't know anything about metal outside of the Roots album and Korn seemingly, so he repeats shit and I truly didn't care the first time around.


That can get annoying for sure, but I just try to remind myself that that person is just trying to be cordial and find what he thinks may be common ground. It just gets tricky not being a complete smartass prick and attempting to be diplomatic in my responses :roll:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


12 Sep 2018, 14:56
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Exorcist wrote:
Rook wrote:
now that school is back in session i'm going to have to start taking my lunch break earlier. i like waiting until ~2:00 to take it because the people that start at 7 are leaving when i get back so easier to find a parking spot, plus even if i'm working late there's so much less time left in the day, but with all the buses and kids on the road now it takes longer to get back to the office afterwards


Late lunches are where it's at. I finish work at 4pm and I never take my lunch until 1pm, but usually it winds up being closer to 2pm.


I changed my shift to 11-7 awhile back. Take my lunch around 2pm which is supposed to be 30min. Go out and grab some food and come back and basically do jack shit until around 4pm. Then I'll hit the gym around 5-5:30 when everyone that comes in before me has left.

Basically I get in about 3 hours of work a day that can be done in like half that time lol. Feel like the dude from Office Space the past couple years except I don't hate it here.

It'll be time for a chance soon though. I am starting to feel it. It's cushy as fuck, but I either want laid off and packaged or kick my ass into gear and seriously start looking for a new position in the company.


12 Sep 2018, 14:59
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
I've already bought my train ticket to Montreal next month but I get emails every Tuesday regarding savings and lower prices for Via Rail. I decided to look today out of curiosity, and always used to be a case, there are zero discounts for Toronto -> Montreal. Sure, there is a discount for Montreal -> Toronto, but because I'm actually in the GTA, zero discounts for a trip to Montreal. Great stuff Via. :lol: lol


25 Sep 2018, 10:44
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 23:16
Posts: 28559
Location: hollywood upstairs medical college
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
blasphomet is 3rd tier thrash

_________________
Jotun wrote:
Hitler had an opinion

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.


25 Sep 2018, 10:50
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
I don't get it but I'm sure I'm missing something from a thread somewhere since I had a long weekend and am often mostly absent on weekends.


25 Sep 2018, 11:16
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74658
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
I'm tired and pissy for no reason.

I think I caught Rook's period.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


25 Sep 2018, 13:57
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.