It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 16:47

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition. 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Some insect fucks have been munching on the leaves of my ladies. This guy has gotta get some neem oil asap. The ladies are all growing like it's going out of style, so if I can just keep the mites and shit off of them than I should be headed to a killer harvest. Two of them are already close to four feet tall and they're not even out of the veg state yet :evil:

30 Jul 2018, 14:02
Metal Guru

Trying to break through the language barrier with a few of our techs who are new to the job and the country. Holy fuck. I have no idea how some of these guys can possibly have a successful interaction with customers when so much is going in one ear and out the other because they just don't understand what's being said.

10 Aug 2018, 12:11
Metal Guru

Hate to say it, but you're kinda screwed.

If you need people who can speak to customers with clarity and precision, then if these guys cannot do the job, they should be canned.

On the other hand, how many fully-English-speaking people you know are actually willing to do this sort of dull/irritating/low-wage CSR work, so if you canned these guys, could you even find replacements that are not just as bad?

Like I said, you're screwed.

10 Aug 2018, 12:17
Metal Guru

Oh it's a catch-22 for sure. I would personally have never hired them, but like you said - we need warm bodies in trucks doing the work. Thankfully we have supervisors who do most of the tending to technicians, so I very rarely have to deal with the headache myself.

10 Aug 2018, 12:27
Metal Guru

Hiring for the sake of hiring never works out. Sucks you're in this situation.

10 Aug 2018, 12:45
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Trying to break through the language barrier with a few of our techs who are new to the job and the country. Holy fuck. I have no idea how some of these guys can possibly have a successful interaction with customers when so much is going in one ear and out the other because they just don't understand what's being said.

Que?

11 Aug 2018, 09:33
Metal Guru

I'm people'd out in a big way. Thankfully there's only 97 minutes left in my shift, though.

17 Aug 2018, 13:24
Metal Guru

This fuckin' guy at work talking to me about Sepultura's Roots and Korn again.

12 Sep 2018, 10:47
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:

I'll trade you that for office conversations about politics, and other people's kids :idea:

12 Sep 2018, 11:10
Metal Guru

co-worker asked me if i played magic last week, other guy talks about pokemon go all the time. wanna trade?

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

12 Sep 2018, 11:29
Metal Guru

My coworkers just want treats and long walks.

12 Sep 2018, 12:16
Metal Guru

I can't stand when people find out you're married to Heavy Metal.
"I heard you like Metal."
"Yes"
"Do you like Lamb of God?"
"No"
Avoid from there on out.

12 Sep 2018, 12:19
Metal Guru

outside of this place and a couple of friends i pretty much treat talking about music like talking about politics

even though i do like lamb of god and other somewhat accessible stuff i don't want to hear some guy telling me why i should listen to five finger dick punch or bat people or whatever and no i don't really want to talk to you about bands you've never heard of

12 Sep 2018, 12:39
Metal Guru

ugh it's always lamb of god. do enjoy the reaction when i say i don't like them though.

12 Sep 2018, 13:19
Metal Guru

It's shitty weather outside (windy and rainy), and my feet hurt for some reason.

12 Sep 2018, 13:47
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
It's shitty weather outside (windy and rainy), and my feet hurt for some reason.

Menopause? It sounds like it could be menopause.

12 Sep 2018, 13:50
Metal Guru

now that school is back in session i'm going to have to start taking my lunch break earlier. i like waiting until ~2:00 to take it because the people that start at 7 are leaving when i get back so easier to find a parking spot, plus even if i'm working late there's so much less time left in the day, but with all the buses and kids on the road now it takes longer to get back to the office afterwards

12 Sep 2018, 14:43
Metal Guru

Rook wrote:
now that school is back in session i'm going to have to start taking my lunch break earlier. i like waiting until ~2:00 to take it because the people that start at 7 are leaving when i get back so easier to find a parking spot, plus even if i'm working late there's so much less time left in the day, but with all the buses and kids on the road now it takes longer to get back to the office afterwards

Late lunches are where it's at. I finish work at 4pm and I never take my lunch until 1pm, but usually it winds up being closer to 2pm.

12 Sep 2018, 14:44
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

I'll trade you that for office conversations about politics, and other people's kids :idea:

Fortunately no one seems to talk about politics here. People talking about their friends or family or themselves and what they are up to and shit doesn't bug me as much because they won't ask you questions like "do you like me? Do you like my kid? My family?"

But they ask you "do you like Korn?" and I just say "I only know the first album" so I don't just say 'No" and shut them down like an ass. I don't really find it funny, but kind of sad lol. Like, "Do you like Roots?". "Naw, I stopped liking their music when it went to shit after the 80's and think Roots is shit" lol.

He gets confused because he knows I like stuff like The Dead and Willie Nelson and Neil Young because I wear their shirts here sometimes, and then knows I like metal, but he doesn't know anything about metal outside of the Roots album and Korn seemingly, so he repeats shit and I truly didn't care the first time around.

12 Sep 2018, 14:49
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

Fortunately no one seems to talk about politics here. People talking about their friends or family or themselves and what they are up to and shit doesn't bug me as much because they won't ask you questions like "do you like me? Do you like my kid? My family?"

But they ask you "do you like Korn?" and I just say "I only know the first album" so I don't just say 'No" and shut them down like an ass. I don't really find it funny, but kind of sad lol. Like, "Do you like Roots?". "Naw, I stopped liking their music when it went to shit after the 80's and think Roots is shit" lol.

He gets confused because he knows I like stuff like The Dead and Willie Nelson and Neil Young because I wear their shirts here sometimes, and then knows I like metal, but he doesn't know anything about metal outside of the Roots album and Korn seemingly, so he repeats shit and I truly didn't care the first time around.

That can get annoying for sure, but I just try to remind myself that that person is just trying to be cordial and find what he thinks may be common ground. It just gets tricky not being a complete smartass prick and attempting to be diplomatic in my responses :roll:

12 Sep 2018, 14:56
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Rook wrote:

Late lunches are where it's at. I finish work at 4pm and I never take my lunch until 1pm, but usually it winds up being closer to 2pm.

I changed my shift to 11-7 awhile back. Take my lunch around 2pm which is supposed to be 30min. Go out and grab some food and come back and basically do jack shit until around 4pm. Then I'll hit the gym around 5-5:30 when everyone that comes in before me has left.

Basically I get in about 3 hours of work a day that can be done in like half that time lol. Feel like the dude from Office Space the past couple years except I don't hate it here.

It'll be time for a chance soon though. I am starting to feel it. It's cushy as fuck, but I either want laid off and packaged or kick my ass into gear and seriously start looking for a new position in the company.

12 Sep 2018, 14:59
Metal Guru

I've already bought my train ticket to Montreal next month but I get emails every Tuesday regarding savings and lower prices for Via Rail. I decided to look today out of curiosity, and always used to be a case, there are zero discounts for Toronto -> Montreal. Sure, there is a discount for Montreal -> Toronto, but because I'm actually in the GTA, zero discounts for a trip to Montreal. Great stuff Via. :lol: lol

25 Sep 2018, 10:44
Metal Guru

blasphomet is 3rd tier thrash

25 Sep 2018, 10:50
Metal Guru

I don't get it but I'm sure I'm missing something from a thread somewhere since I had a long weekend and am often mostly absent on weekends.

25 Sep 2018, 11:16
Metal Guru

I'm tired and pissy for no reason.

I think I caught Rook's period.

25 Sep 2018, 13:57
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next