It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 07:21

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 38  Next
 Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition. 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
i should have just done an haccent from day un and just learn to pretend i not understand co-workers when talk small at me.

would have been a commitment, but so worth it.

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

'Shall He Hate Even In Death'.

26 Apr 2018, 12:53
Metal Guru

Rook wrote:
i should have just done an haccent from day un and just learn to pretend i not understand co-workers when talk small at me.

would have been a commitment, but so worth it.

LOOOOL wasted rook. Work small talk is simple. Pick three generic things that you are into, and talk about them. You will never have to talk about anything else, people will just always ask you about beer, or your cats, or your kids, or music, or what ever the fuck you pick. All they want is some lame surface bullshit to yap at you about. Give them that, and they will never try to find anything else out about you. I am beer/cats/food guy, and now ask about his little kids guy. Nobody needs to know another thing ever, and will never ask. I gave them their comfort zone, I am seen as being known, they are safe.

27 Apr 2018, 22:06
Metal Guru

i'm the "plays hockey", "has a dog", "bought a house" guy, i just don't like how long people won't shut up for when i've got shit to do.

30 Apr 2018, 09:15
Metal Guru

Some dude Mark I work with watched Global Metal and is now all about Sepultura and how awesome he thinks Roots is. He knows I listen to a lot of metal, so he always talks about them. I only know early Sep. Normally I don't mind talking about music, but preferably when it's bands and artists you actually have in common with someone, otherwise it's just in one ear out the other. He called Roots 'raw'. I said if he wants raw he should listen to the early stuff. But he won't like it. He just wants to talk about Roots all the time. To the point where he made my put his headphones on at his desk and was like 'check this out'. I was like "I don't know what this is".

I dunno, I'm not huge on talking about music for some reason. Most people have poor taste, and that's fine. It's why I like this place. Lots of shit in common musically with quite a few people, both metal and non. Also, when you think about it, there's not all that much to talk about unless maybe you're a musician or something. It's like just, "it's good, I like it, you should listen to it, it sounds like..."

I prefer talking about books.

I can finally talk to Sheryl about Roseanne. She's a black lady who sits near me and she also loves Roseanne. :lol:

30 Apr 2018, 21:41
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
I can finally talk to Sheryl about Roseanne. She's a black lady who sits near me and she also loves Roseanne. :lol:

'Member when shows like Roseanne and Married With Children were considered an antidote to the excessive positivity of The Cosby Show?

30 Apr 2018, 21:46
Metal Guru

Yep. Loved those shows. But liked The Cosby Show a lot as well. But I watched that mostly in syndication in the mid-late 90's. It was only the gody bible channel or whatever. The irony.

Cosby was the scum, and Ed O'Neill is a treasure, still killing it on one of today's most popular television shows.

30 Apr 2018, 21:56
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Some dude Mark I work with watched Global Metal and is now all about Sepultura and how awesome he thinks Roots is. He knows I listen to a lot of metal, so he always talks about them. I only know early Sep. Normally I don't mind talking about music, but preferably when it's bands and artists you actually have in common with someone, otherwise it's just in one ear out the other. He called Roots 'raw'. I said if he wants raw he should listen to the early stuff. But he won't like it. He just wants to talk about Roots all the time. To the point where he made my put his headphones on at his desk and was like 'check this out'. I was like "I don't know what this is".

I dunno, I'm not huge on talking about music for some reason. Most people have poor taste, and that's fine. It's why I like this place. Lots of shit in common musically with quite a few people, both metal and non. Also, when you think about it, there's not all that much to talk about unless maybe you're a musician or something. It's like just, "it's good, I like it, you should listen to it, it sounds like..."

I prefer talking about books.

I wound up talking metal and guitars with a new tech (who is already done here, but ah well!). I didn't expect to ever discuss Taake at work :lol:

01 May 2018, 08:04
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
and Ed O'Neill is a treasure, still on TV on one of today's stupidest fucking television shows.

01 May 2018, 09:06
Metal Guru

Rook wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
and Ed O'Neill is a treasure, still on TV on one of today's stupidest fucking television shows.

Great tits on the wife, though :m:

01 May 2018, 09:09
Metal Guru

the squawking beaner cyborg?

AYE AYE AYE, ERR-RROR, MAAAHHHHNEEEE, ERRR-RRRORR

01 May 2018, 09:16
Metal Guru

I'd let her shit all over me. Daily.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

01 May 2018, 09:51
Metal Guru

deathstalker wrote:
I'd let her shit all over me. Daily.

I'd jump her borders.

01 May 2018, 09:54
Metal Guru

I'd cross the Rio grande for her.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

01 May 2018, 10:00
Metal Guru

I'd bang Peg and kill Gemma.

01 May 2018, 10:10
Metal Guru

Rook wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

I don't like this kind quoting because sometimes I think people actually said what people changed their quotes to. I've accused people of shit before because of this kind of stuff. PLus it's rottenrocker's M.O. :lol:

My original statement is correct though, despite whether you like it or not. It's one of today's most popular TV shows and has been for a while.

01 May 2018, 10:53
Metal Guru

its awful re-fried sitcom trope nonsense to every shitty extreme sitcoms go to caked in as much LOOK HOW 2018 WE ARE window dressing to pretend its anything worth anything. absolute garbage, and i like sitcoms more than most people.

01 May 2018, 11:06
Metal Guru

It's alright. Harmless.

It's no The Goldbergs though. :)

01 May 2018, 11:14
Metal Guru

also crap

01 May 2018, 11:16
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

'Member when shows like Roseanne and Married With Children were considered an antidote to the excessive positivity of The Cosby Show?

Roseanne was very relateable. The family lived in an average house with dated furnishings, had regular jobs, and had regular problems that most families have. Hell, they had an episode where the dad was trying to fix the broken fridge the entire time. The adults were funny and the kids were more snarky than cute.

Married With Children was really an over-the-top gag created in response to the political-correctness that started appearing around that time. I revisited that show last year and I have to admit that the first 4-5 seasons are really funny. Like, REALLY funny, and were rather brilliant in how they tactfully lampoon every stereotype, good and bad, in the most offensive (but safe for TV) way possible. I remember the show started to become a parody of itself after that and became a lot less funny.

I think Married With Children could be rebooted pretty easily. I would love to see grandpa Al Bundy.

01 May 2018, 12:00
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
verbalsniper wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

Roseanne was very relateable. The family lived in an average house with dated furnishings, had regular jobs, and had regular problems that most families have. Hell, they had an episode where the dad was trying to fix the broken fridge the entire time. The adults were funny and the kids were more snarky than cute.

Married With Children was really an over-the-top gag created in response to the political-correctness that started appearing around that time. I revisited that show last year and I have to admit that the first 4-5 seasons are really funny. Like, REALLY funny, and were rather brilliant in how they tactfully lampoon every stereotype, good and bad, in the most offensive (but safe for TV) way possible. I remember the show started to become a parody of itself after that and became a lot less funny.

I think Married With Children could be rebooted pretty easily. I would love to see grandpa Al Bundy.

It was a reaction, but gotta remember it was Fox which was a pretty daring & inventive network once. (Before becoming synonymous with fanatical politics.)

The Cosby Show*, Family Ties, Growing Pains, and the like - they dominated the "family" sitcoms. Their family lives were all professional and successful, and therefore safe and therefore bland.

*At the time, some even said the Cosby Show was not true enough to black life in the USA, but others thought that was pretty unfair. Yeah, they were an upper-middle class bunch, educated professionals; did they have to be ghetto to be "authentic"? Well, maybe that was the point - to show that blacks didn't have to be ghetto, and could have normal lives.

Well, Fox couldn't beat the 3 major networks by playing that game, so they took an edgier route - Married With Children and The Simpsons were their families. (Yeah, the Simpsons was considered edgy stuff, once upon a time.) Roseanne came along elsewhere (I forget which network), but that too was meant to be very different from a Model White Collar Family Show.

Married With Children was the most cutting / nasty of them. Lots of people say it borrowed from Archie Bunker, but AB had a lot more "causes" in it. MWC was nihilistic, and cynical; built on the Bundy's being stuck in a tormented rut. So maybe it borrowed just as much from Fawlty Towers. No higher purpose, just a clash of small ambitions, and petty victories. But that's what made it funny - everyday bullshit people can relate to (and hopefully avoid in their own lives).

01 May 2018, 14:42
Metal Guru

Rook wrote:
also crap

I thought I posted this but guess I didn't.

I love it. But you're 90's I think so I could see why it wouldn't have nearly the same effect on you. That show is my childhood.

01 May 2018, 14:55
Metal Guru

Facebook. I've come to the conclusion that it is super irritating because of a select few people. I trash it, but really, I see the same bullshit from the same few people all the time. I need to rid myself of them on there, because I don't want to delete it. I like it for concerts and party events friends and family make and shit like that. And learning about upcoming shows when people say they are 'interested' or 'attending' them.

Also if I delete it I'll have nowhere to post rad music videos at 3am when I'm drunk and stoned. :lol:

03 May 2018, 23:06
Metal Guru

Yeah, there isn't a filter where you still get to see the useful posts by someone but can screen out all the numpty bullshit.

Nor on the Braveboard, for that matter.

04 May 2018, 01:50
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Facebook. I've come to the conclusion that it is super irritating because of a select few people. I trash it, but really, I see the same bullshit from the same few people all the time. I need to rid myself of them on there, because I don't want to delete it. I like it for concerts and party events friends and family make and shit like that. And learning about upcoming shows when people say they are 'interested' or 'attending' them.

Also if I delete it I'll have nowhere to post rad music videos at 3am when I'm drunk and stoned. :lol:

Yeah, there are a couple of people who post nothing but garbage on Facebook even though outside of that they're decent folk. I just throw them on the ignore list so they're still on my contact list if I need to reach them, but their more irritating traits are kept to the sidelines.

04 May 2018, 14:44
Metal Guru

I'm in a shit mood. Work is going great, it's just my brain being a dick. God I can't wait to go get fucked up after work.

14 May 2018, 12:52
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 38  Next