It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 02:52

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next
 Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition. 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Blackjebus wrote:
I left my office door open for a minute to go talk to someone down the hall, and when I came back there was a newborn baby on the table in my office. An actual living baby in one of those baskets that detach from a stroller.

Nobody is around. What in the actual hell am I supposed to do?

Talk to it about shit.

08 Jun 2017, 11:34
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
I left my office door open for a minute to go talk to someone down the hall, and when I came back there was a newborn baby on the table in my office. An actual living baby in one of those baskets that detach from a stroller.

Wait for Ted Danson and Tom Selleck to appear - then the plot will really get going.

08 Jun 2017, 14:11
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:

Have it gold plated and lowered.

08 Jun 2017, 14:46
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
Wait for Ted Danson and Tom Selleck to appear - then the plot will really get going.

:spit: :lol:

09 Jun 2017, 12:53
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
Blackjebus wrote:

:lol: :roll:

14 Jun 2017, 13:57
Metal Guru

My stomach hurts and all I want to do is sleep. I hope it's not a flu bug, because that's about the last thing I need.

14 Jun 2017, 13:59
Metal Guru

Women who wear a shitload of perfume and go to work. Fucking stop it. You're not there to get some dick. It smells like France exploded in here :puke:

19 Jun 2017, 13:07
Metal Guru

shadow20 wrote:
verbalsniper wrote:
Blackjebus wrote:

:lol: :roll:

:lol:

19 Jun 2017, 14:35
Metal Guru

My stomach feels all fucky today. Not "I'm sick and have to puss out of work and go home" fucky, but just fucky enough to leave me uncomfortable. Boourns!

21 Jun 2017, 08:50
Metal Guru

I think you should just walk into your boss' office, tell him you don't feel well, shit your pants in his office and enjoy the rest of your day off.

21 Jun 2017, 10:22
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
I think you should just walk into your boss' office, tell him you don't feel well, shit your pants in his office and enjoy the rest of your day off.

I may need to refer to D-Stalks for proper shittery technique.

21 Jun 2017, 13:34
Metal Guru

Not really a technique; comes to him naturally. :)

21 Jun 2017, 15:17
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Women who wear a shitload of perfume and go to work. Fucking stop it. You're not there to get some dick. It smells like France exploded in here :puke:

I HATE that! I have a perfume allergy and have actually broken out in hives from having to sit by some woman on a VIA train, who smelled like she dumped a whole bucket of cheap perfume over her head. She absolutely reeked. :crazy:

21 Jun 2017, 22:12
Metal Guru

shadow20 wrote:
Exorcist wrote:

I HATE that! I have a perfume allergy and have actually broken out in hives from having to sit by some woman on a VIA train, who smelled like she dumped a whole bucket of cheap perfume over her head. She absolutely reeked. :crazy:

Seriously!

There's no excuse to wear perfume/cologne to work. That's one of my bigger office related irritants for sure.

22 Jun 2017, 09:08
Metal Guru

tell it to all the Haitians from my high school who thought a whole can of axe body spray was an acceptable replacement for a shower

BO + axe = rank

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

22 Jun 2017, 09:31
Metal Guru

Of all my rants, I'm a little proud of this one:

So many of the annoying, maladjusted people you've known throughout your lives were, in actuality, neurochemically deficient. They react badly because they feel badly. Generally. It's only natural. Nearly every moment of casual joy you've experienced were denied them.

It's no wonder so many people are addicted to drugs.

Remember the moments of your day you consider mundane. Walking toward your car, going to the bathroom, doing things you've done literally a thousand times before. These moments of indifference are a little different for everyone. Now fill them with intimidation and anxiety, for no logical reason. Imagine going to grab a glass of water and you can't stop your skin from itching - all of it. Your entire back, for example.

Remember that older kid who fucked with you when you were small. That older relative - parent figure, cousin, sibling - whatever - who needlessly made you feel like shit. Overlay that feeling atop situations for which it makes no sense.

If you've done as I asked, you've tasted anxiety.

While anxiety is normal enough, for some people it's like an odor you can't wash off. It's a kind of dread that takes days or weeks to dissipate. You learn to avoid interpersonal communication while you're too raw to handle it - which is the vast majority of the time.

Do it long enough and you begin to wonder whether it'll ever get better. In addition to pointless tension, you begin to gather to yourself a profound hopelessness.

That's depression.

It's also why depression and anxiety often travel together - they're chemical cousins.

25 Jun 2017, 21:14
Metal Guru

I was apart from my dog all weekend until about 6pm last night. Been working all day.
I miss my dog.

26 Jun 2017, 11:34
Metal Guru

Xerxes wrote:
Remember the moments of your day you consider mundane. Walking toward your car, going to the bathroom, doing things you've done literally a thousand times before.

Wait a sec - going to the bathroom is NEVER mundane.

26 Jun 2017, 12:10
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Blackjebus wrote:

I may need to refer to D-Stalks for proper shittery technique.

PM me.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

27 Jun 2017, 23:14
Metal Guru

I buggered up my wrist somehow. I'm honestly not sure what I did or what it is, since it only started hurting when I woke a bit over a week ago. It wasn't even painful at first, just a bit uncomfortable. It has gotten progressively worse this week though. I'm thinking it's likely either carpal tunnel or repetitive strain. I know it's not broken, because I still have the full range of motion. I'm wearing a wrist brace, but I''m going to go get it looked at to be sure it's nothing overly serious. It's annoying and inconvenient either way.

UPDATE: It's tendinitis. :(

29 Jun 2017, 18:32
Metal Guru

Today is the first day the gym is closed for renovations, specifically to fix plumbing issues. Five weeks... scheduled to re-open on August 7th. I bet it won't, but I hope I'm wrong. I'm going to start jogging when I get home each night. It just sucks because the gym here is so convenient... even if I don't work out and just hit the sauna. Or neither and just need to shower because I'm going out right after work.

04 Jul 2017, 12:08
Metal Guru

they announced today that ours is closing in august and wont be back til sometime early next year. in the meantime they're giving us temporary memberships to new york sports club which is cool because i can go to one by my house if i want.

05 Jul 2017, 13:49
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Today is the first day the gym is closed for renovations, specifically to fix plumbing issues. Five weeks... scheduled to re-open on August 7th. I bet it won't, but I hope I'm wrong. I'm going to start jogging when I get home each night. It just sucks because the gym here is so convenient... even if I don't work out and just hit the sauna. Or neither and just need to shower because I'm going out right after work.

It's summer time, so it;s easier to take.

Treadmill ---> actually walk somewhere.
Stairmaster ---> actually climb stairs.
Balance & accuracy ---> throw frisbee around
Lifting weights ---> yard work
Throttle up heart rate ---> watch honeys walk by in their summer clothes.
Stretching, cardio ---> take one of them home. :naughty:

05 Jul 2017, 14:59
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

It's summer time, so it;s easier to take.

Treadmill ---> actually walk somewhere.
Stairmaster ---> actually climb stairs.
Balance & accuracy ---> throw frisbee around
Lifting weights ---> yard work
Throttle up heart rate ---> watch honeys walk by in their summer clothes.
Stretching, cardio ---> take one of them home. :naughty:

Yeah it's definitely easier to take. Already been running at home. Have some light weights so I can do my kettle bell routine with those. Plus it's finally, fucking finally to legit stick to a healthier diet.

06 Jul 2017, 13:48
Metal Guru

phencyclidine wrote:
they announced today that ours is closing in august and wont be back til sometime early next year. in the meantime they're giving us temporary memberships to new york sports club which is cool because i can go to one by my house if i want.

Yeah gyms around here are giving discounts and most always have a free couple weeks to start and see what you think, but it's just SO fucking convenient being right under me here, that none of that sounds appealing. I basically always go down towards the end of my shift to kill an hour or so... and now I can't. :lol:

06 Jul 2017, 13:49
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next