It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 09:11

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition. 
Metal Guru

Post Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
I've had to start at 8am the past couple days and I think Tuesday too, after this long weekend, which sucks. Short staffed. Getting up at 6:30am is right out of my wheelhouse.

Last edited by Blasphomet on 11 Aug 2016, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.

29 Jul 2016, 07:58
Metal Guru

Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in a Action Comedy Edition.
I'm developing either RSI or carpal tunnel syndrome. Half of it's my job, half of it's how much shit I do on computers. I've started using my stylus rather than my mouse, and with my non-dominant hand.

29 Jul 2016, 09:04
Metal Guru

fucking motion activated sinks and soap dispensers. standing there like an idiot waiting for them to turn on, move your hands away and it turns on, turns off when you go to use it. then the fucking soap dispensers are fucking empty because they spat their load all over the fucking sink instead of being useful.

FUCKING DIE

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

02 Aug 2016, 13:24
Metal Guru

Yeah they've almost renovated this entire building now over the past year and it's awesome. Except the bathrooms. While they look nice, it's all 'non-touch' bullshit. You even only have to hover your hand over a sensor to open the doors... but the doors open so fucking slow and the soap and paper towel dispensors must have the shittiest sensors of all time.

Technology and stuff.

02 Aug 2016, 13:46
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Yeah they've almost renovated this entire building now over the past year and it's awesome. Except the bathrooms. While they look nice, it's all 'non-touch' bullshit. You even only have to hover your hand over a sensor to open the doors... but the doors open so fucking slow and the soap and paper towel dispensors must have the shittiest sensors of all time.

Technology and stuff.

even the doors? what fucking genius had that fucking idea? I can't wait until it breaks or jams or something and when your boss asks why you took a 3 hour lunch you can tell him you were locked in the bathroom :lol:

02 Aug 2016, 14:20
Metal Guru

Well you can still open them manually but you gotta giv'er because they are automated too... like handicap doors... if you press the button they open slow and if you try and push them while they are opening the motor kind of makes it tough to push. That's what these fucking things are like all the time if you push them normally. So stupid.

02 Aug 2016, 14:41
Metal Guru

This is why robots will never win the war against humans.

02 Aug 2016, 16:19
Metal Guru

Rook wrote:
fucking motion activated sinks and soap dispensers. standing there like an idiot waiting for them to turn on, move your hands away and it turns on, turns off when you go to use it. then the fucking soap dispensers are fucking empty because they spat their load all over the fucking sink instead of being useful.

FUCKING DIE

I know exactly what you mean. They also usually stint you on water to rinse with too. :peeved:

03 Aug 2016, 13:01
Metal Guru

All the grey hair that should be on my head has decided to make a home on my chest instead. :peeved:

03 Aug 2016, 23:06
Metal Guru

When it rains, it pours. As some of you know, I lost my job a short time ago. Of course now that I have no steady income, I wind up needing new glasses, car repairs, and a possible trip to the dentist. :duh:

03 Aug 2016, 23:30
Metal Guru

well for 2 of those 3, couldn't those be covered (at least partially) by benefits if mike has you on his?

04 Aug 2016, 09:24
Metal Guru

Rook wrote:
well for 2 of those 3, couldn't those be covered (at least partially) by benefits if mike has you on his?

Unfortunately he doesn't have any, and even if he did, they wouldn't cover me until we're married or legally common-law. He's been helpful as much as he possibly can be of course though. The car repairs can wait, because I only need the A/C fixed. As much as it sucks not having any A/C in this heat, at least I can deal with it somewhat by keeping the windows down when possible. I at least had an eye exam done today, and I'm checking out places to get decently priced glasses. Fortunately, my toothache has gone away so I don't think there's any urgent dental issue(s) at this time as well. I must have just been grinding my teeth in my sleep or something.

04 Aug 2016, 18:39
Metal Guru

sucks that he doesn't have any, but unless my company is just really lax with the rules or simply made the assumption that my girlfriend and i were common law, i'm not sure about the second part. i've had her on my benefits since i started this job and

1- we didn't even technically meet the definition of common law at the time (it hadn't quite been 12 months that we'd lived together yet)

2- as far as the government is concerned we still aren't, we file taxes separately.

your mileage may vary, but anyway.

05 Aug 2016, 09:54
Metal Guru

Don't think it has to be family or anything. You can add a beneficiary under your benefits no matter who they are I believe. At least with mine. You pay for it, so...

05 Aug 2016, 13:43
Metal Guru

Fucking Microsoft/Xbox Live has to have one of the WORST fucking websites I've ever fucking dealt with. Especially the account/payment portion.

I recently had a new credit card issued to me (because they are transitioning everyone to those cards with the fucking chip in it...don't even get me started on that fucking thing), so I had to update my payment info with the new number.

- Try to login...success on the first try (a miracle considering that I might have to actually log onto that site once every 4 fucking years)!

But before they'll send me to my shit, I need to verify my bullshit for some god forsaken reason. So they’re gonna send me a code blah blah blah. FINE.

- I enter my info, they send the fucking code to my email. I enter the fucking code. Code accepted. Good, are we done? Nope.

- Now we need more info to verify it's you…

- “Have you made a purchase on Xbox Live before?” Uh, fucking obviously yes.

- “OK, what CC did you use?” Christ. Enter last 4 digits of now expired card.

- “Where were you located when you made your first purchase on this account?” What the fuck. That was like 8 years ago. I enter what I think will be correct.

- “What was your password when you made your second to last purchase on this account?” OK, this has to be a fucking joke. That was also a couple years ago. I enter what I hope is correct.

- "What was the name on first card you used on this account, and what was the expiration date?" I'm gonna start taking fucking lives. Enter some bullshit that was probably wrong.

- “OK, your verification request has been submitted and will be reviewed. This will take at least 24 hours. You will be notified by email whether or not your verification has been accepted.”

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I JUST WANT TO FUCKING UPDATE MY GODDAMN PAYMENT INFO SO I CAN PLAY VIDEO GAMES, I’M NOT PURCHASING ARTIFACTS OR RARE GEMS.

TL;DR – For being a “tech” company, Microsoft has the worst website/verification technology I’ve ever seen. Even city websites that are 15 years behind the times are better at payment shit than MS.

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

11 Aug 2016, 07:02
Metal Guru

Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Meanwhile half the world are walking miles and miles for less than Flint, MI. quality water.
:)

11 Aug 2016, 13:49
Metal Guru

Yeah, no shit. Lucky they didn't demand to see his long form birth certificate too. :deadhorse:

11 Aug 2016, 13:56
Metal Guru

every day I go to work I find a new sense of wonder and astonishment that somehow something keeps the walls from falling down on this house of cards.

12 Aug 2016, 13:30
Metal Guru

Quote:
TL;DR – For being a “tech” company, Microsoft has the worst website/verification technology I’ve ever seen. Even city websites that are 15 years behind the times are better at payment shit than MS.

A few years ago somebody hacked my account, bought a bunch of downloadable games and was playing the shit out of them on my account. So, I called Microsoft’s customer service for Xbox. What a fucking joke. I was on hold between talking to three different idiots for over 2 hours. All to fix a pretty straight forward issue. At the end they undid all of the crap that the guy had done, and sent me a link to reset my account. So, the icing on the cake? Because it took so fucking long it was like 1:00am on a work night when the call finished. I went to bed, and didn’t have a chance to fix it the next day. On the 3rd day I went to retrieve the link and it had already expired, requiring me to call those assholes again if I wanted my Live account to be reactivated in my name. I didn’t call them, and have not played a game on that piece of crap since. Fuck them. If I ever get around to buying one of the new systems it’s going to be a Playstation for sure.

12 Aug 2016, 20:36
Metal Guru

And they ended up denying my verification.

What now? Only choice is to do the same process over again.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Meanwhile half the world are walking miles and miles for less than Flint, MI. quality water.

But at least they don't have to deal with Microsoft customer service!

16 Aug 2016, 06:59
Metal Guru

I'm all people'd out for the week and it's only Tuesday. Fuuuuuck. 99% sure I'm cancelling my guitar lesson tonight and just laying on the couch with my dog.

16 Aug 2016, 13:36
Metal Guru

Kid Rock's Penis wrote:
And they ended up denying my verification.

What now? Only choice is to do the same process over again.

Rocky Dennis wrote:

But at least they don't have to deal with Microsoft customer service!

You sure about that?
Flint Michigan got that unwanted water "upgrade" and now they have to uninstall it. :crazy:

16 Aug 2016, 13:59
Metal Guru

Spent a couple hours trying to lock down the intro part to Electric Worry by Clutch. There's one note that sounds so grossly out of place that I can't see how it could possibly be correct, but sure enough it's there in every damn tab I can find for it. Considering that's the one note that's fucking it all up for me, I'm more than a little irritated :lol:

17 Aug 2016, 10:30
Metal Guru

are you using just regular tabs or guitarpro? at least with guitarpro you could play a midi of the track (and even mute the other instruments) to try and hear why it's supposed to be there.

17 Aug 2016, 10:37
Metal Guru

Just tabs so far. I'm gonna load up some YouTube lessons next time I'm practicing and see what either I'm doing wrong, or where the tab is wrong. Doing a pulloff on the low E from the 6th fret to the 3rd just sounds awkward as fuck.

17 Aug 2016, 11:19
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next