It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 06:19

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 IF HATE IS A DISEASE THIS THREAD IS A PANDEMIC 
Metal Guru

Post Re: IF HATE IS A DISEASE THIS THREAD IS A PANDEMIC
I have no problem with that post.
:cheers:

26 Jun 2017, 16:04
Metal Guru

I'm OK with earning only partial credit for my answers.

26 Jun 2017, 16:13
Metal Guru

I rode public transit for seventeen years and now I drive. Thankfully I have a reverse commute and I go in early. I liked public transit, gave me a lot of time to read, while everyone else flipped around on their gay ass phones.

26 Jun 2017, 22:26
Metal Guru

yeah i don't mind the bus at all to get into nyc. driving and parking is so ungodly expensive and would take like 3 times as long. plus i get to read a shit ton.

27 Jun 2017, 08:14
Metal Guru

Car vs. Transit:

It's located right inside vs. It's located right outside

Time limit imposed by parking vs. Time limit imposed by service shutdown

Speed getting to places vs. Exercise getting to places

Construction delays everywhere vs. delays / missed connections

Cannot drink booze vs. Cannot avoid weather

Cost of parking vs. Cost of encountering germs

Other drivers are irritating vs. Other passengers are irritating

It really depends when and where I'm going. To go downtown by transit makes sense for me. Other places, much less so. :idea:

27 Jun 2017, 12:22
Metal Guru

I live 30min east of Toronto. Along with hundreds of thousands of other people. If you knew the 401 during rush hour you would understand why so many people take the GO transit system into the city, blue collar to executive alike. Jebus obviously doesn't understand what it's like to live in a big city or major metropolitan area and in his arrogance sounds like he takes his queues on public transit from stand up comedians. Edmonton has a slightly bigger population that Scarborough... one of the many suburbs of Toronto.

Populations...

Toronto - 2,731,571

Burbs surrounding the city:
Etobicoke - 365,143
Scarborough - 632,098
North York - 672,955
East York - 118,071
York - 198,051

Burbs/cities/towns north of Toronto:
Markham - 328,966
Richmond Hill - 195,022
Vaughn - 319,893
Woodbridge - 101,170

Burbs/cities/towns west of Toronto:
Mississauga - 721,599
Brampton - 593,638.
Oakville - 193,832
Burlington - 175,779

Burbs/cities/towns east of Toronto:
Pickering - 88,721
Ajax - 109,600
Whitby - 128,377
Oshawa - 149,607

Not to mention Hamilton which is another half million+

I live in Whitby, and because of where I work, public transit isn't an option. I completely changed the shift I work over the years to deal with traffic. Despite how lame our underground system is, resulting in gridlock, the Go Train/Bus followed by TTC (eithere subway, streetcar, or bus) is an incredibly way to take public transit into the city for mostly anyone who works there who can deal with the crowds if you choose to save time and stress.

28 Jun 2017, 11:59
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
If you knew the 401 during rush hour you would understand why so many people take the GO transit system into the city

Oh, I get that.

But here's my question - how many of those people would STILL choose to take transit if the 401 traffic was light?

28 Jun 2017, 12:22
Metal Guru

i remember the summer I worked downtown and had a 50 minute train ride on the GO each way to work every day. worst summer ever.

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

28 Jun 2017, 14:26
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
If you knew the 401 during rush hour you would understand why so many people take the GO transit system into the city

Oh, I get that.

But here's my question - how many of those people would STILL choose to take transit if the 401 traffic was light?

I'm sure a lot. It's extremely convenient when it comes to the GO train. But that is a completely moot question/point. And besides, you said public transit if for poor, disabled, and cheap people. Considering the amount of people who own cars and still prefer to take it, it's the exact opposite of for cheap people. One look at the parking lot at any GO station will tell you that.

28 Jun 2017, 14:49
Metal Guru

All I know is that rich people never take the bus.

28 Jun 2017, 14:54
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:

Once again...

Swing and a miss.

28 Jun 2017, 15:07
Metal Guru

It's taken so long to get to what he really meant. :roll:

28 Jun 2017, 15:32
Metal Guru

mister slippery wrote:
Blackjebus wrote:

Once again...

Swing and a miss.

No, I said RICH people.

28 Jun 2017, 17:21
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
mister slippery wrote:
Blackjebus wrote:

Once again...

Swing and a miss.

No, I said RICH people.

I don't see your point at all.

28 Jun 2017, 18:04
Metal Guru

I recently moved into a new pad that's all mine and I've been having my girlfriend stay over for a while now. In this place it has a built in bookshelf built into the counter that connects the kitchen to the living room (my place is pretty small) and that's where I've been storing my vinyl about 150 altogether in sleeves sticking out of the bottom just s tiny bit.

I thought this was a cool place to put them since it's cool and dry in here and I don't smoke anymore. I'll upload a pic of them later. However, fucking disaster struck last night.

My girlfriend gave me a ride to work last night and on the way we stopped by Tim's as a favour for driving me and I got her a Ice Cappuccino. She then proceed to drive home, put the drink on top of the counter where the records are (big nay nay right fucking there if I was around) and her phone went off for whatever reason and well distracted looking for her phone she then proceeded to knock the fucking god damn smelly shitty sugary expensive piece of shit and ice onto the top of my fucking records on the left side of the counter!!!*$*#&$,$#,

She phoned me at work freaking out about what just happened and me just starting a 8 hour shift working by myself can't exactly leave so I told her to grab it all out and try her best to clean it up and get that fucking ice cap shit off of them right now, then she starts crying and here we fucking go she's having a meltdown well Tim Hortons is melting down my records so I try my best to calm her down meanwhile I'm at work and have to serve customers and not act like my record collection just for pissed on. I got her calmed down and got her to clean up ice cap mess and to grab all the vinyl it touched and to get the plastic sleeves off and wipe down the jackets with a damp cloth.

It would appear she tried her best, but when I returned a couple hours ago I went to check and she missed a few because of the splatter so I just spent the last 2 hours checking every single piece of vinyl and throwing away plastic sleeves and wiping down jackets and unfolding freshly stuck together gatefolds, some of which ripped when I unstuck them. Now I got them all sitting in front of a fan and I'm drying the jackets.

Luckily and thank fuck it appears none of the actual vinyl has been damaged, just the outer jackets and plastic sleeves. All and all this devalued about 65% of my vinyl collection which featured a lot of until recently many nm/vg++ condition records, quite a few of them pretty valuable as well.

This doesn't sting as much as losing an entire collection which has happened to me before, but man does it fucking sting. Still love my girlfriend but serious fuck up here, serious god damn fuck up!

04 Jul 2017, 08:59
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
In Canada, public transit is reserved for people too poor to own their own car, or too disabled to drive. People even get their heads chopped off while riding the bus here. Not good.

:roll:

04 Jul 2017, 09:27
Metal Guru

Ruke wrote:
I got her a Ice Cappuccino.

This seems like your fuck up.

04 Jul 2017, 09:43
Metal Guru

It's what she fucking wanted!

04 Jul 2017, 10:57
Metal Guru

Seriously though, that sucks. Vinyl records are pricey. On the bright side, the records will still play and sound good, and you will still be able to sell them on the used market if you want.

It just sucks that if you ever do choose to sell them you won't be able to demand top price for them.

Your girlfriend owes you now.

04 Jul 2017, 12:12
Metal Guru

If it's possible for something to spill on your vinyl you should never have the openings of the plastic sleeves facing up. If that's how you had them going forward you should have the opening of the plastic sleeve to the side. I have mine on the top but have been wanting to change them for a long time just in case, even though I have one of these KALLAX units though from ikea, which is the best:

Turned on it's side with stereo and turntable on top. Nothing could really spill on them but I still want to move the plastic sleeve openings to the side.

04 Jul 2017, 12:19
Metal Guru

The Lord Weird Slough Feg - Traveller test pressing was untouched by some small miracle at least!

04 Jul 2017, 12:39
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
Seriously though, that sucks. Vinyl records are pricey. On the bright side, the records will still play and sound good, and you will still be able to sell them on the used market if you want.

It just sucks that if you ever do choose to sell them you won't be able to demand top price for them.

Your girlfriend owes you now.

Yeah, the third Friday of every month is Anal Night now, I'd say.

04 Jul 2017, 13:26
Metal Guru

Make that bitch pay, get in the room and take your fucking clothes off now type shit. No fucking talking, no foreplay, straight to the butthole. Jon Dough role model.

04 Jul 2017, 14:05
Metal Guru

Fucking leg cramp, got me this morning just before I woke. (And I was awake as fuck once it did.) A bad one this time, absolutely ruthless.

I felt like howling, like Scorpio when Dirty Harry stuck him with that switchblade.

:fit: :shock: :cry:

Fuck I hate these things. Gonna be hobbling the rest of the day.

08 Jul 2017, 13:40
Metal Guru

calf or thigh or hamstring?

08 Jul 2017, 14:10
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next