It is currently 19 Apr 2018, 18:01

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
 IF HATE IS A DISEASE THIS THREAD IS A PANDEMIC 
Metal Guru

Post Re: IF HATE IS A DISEASE THIS THREAD IS A PANDEMIC
Rook wrote:
everyone in alberta drives 160 on the highway anyway

Pfft. Maybe you do if you are a grandma driving home from church.

13 Dec 2017, 12:58
Metal Guru

The place where I wait for my evening commute bus every day happens to be the place in Quebec City where drivers COMPLETELY do not give a shit about pedestrian lights.
Corner of Honoré Mercier and St-Jean. Right where Radio-Canada are located.

This evening, I was pissed. I took tons of photos including license plates. One car driver threatened me while I did so. It was worth it just to see him cover his face up like some Antifa asshole. :lol:

Quebec drivers are the worst in North America. Our shameful reputation precedes us. :(

14 Dec 2017, 19:52
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

WhPlague wrote:

The place where I wait for my evening commute bus every day happens to be the place in Quebec City where drivers COMPLETELY do not give a shit about pedestrian lights.
Corner of Honoré Mercier and St-Jean. Right where Radio-Canada are located.

This evening, I was pissed. I took tons of photos including license plates. One car driver threatened me while I did so. It was worth it just to see him cover his face up like some Antifa asshole. :lol:

Quebec drivers are the worst in North America. Our shameful reputation precedes us. :(

Oh, man, come here if you want to see terrible drivers and terrible pedestrians too.

Here it's the opposite problem: pedestrians do not care what the pedestrian light says, or the main traffic light for cars either. The "do not walk" signal might as well not be there at all - they will cross on the yellow or even red light for cars, and if you (as a driver) honk at them for being in the road at the wrong time, they have the nerve to act like you are doing something wrong.

This is not to say I don't see blind idiot drivers every day too. I see many. It never ends.

14 Dec 2017, 22:21
Metal Guru

i hate that the upstairs windows in my house are leaky and shitty so i have to put plastic shrink sheeting over them every winter so that my heating bill isn't the gdp of a small island nation.

i do like that i did it last night so don't have to worry about it again for a year.

15 Dec 2017, 11:22
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
verbalsniper wrote:
Reading the above stuff, I sympathize. Anything medical just rattles me, whether as a patient or supporter.

I've had a medical issue the last little while. Could be something trivial or could be something horrible. Don't know. Tests to come real soon. I hate mysterious medical issues, and wracking my brain about symptoms, with only vague information and foreboding about possible outcomes. I hope It's nothing serious and I'm just being a hypochondriac.

There's been too much medical stuff in my life lately, with family and now with myself. I seriously hate it - always dealing with injury and/or illness. I'm way past my limit for this stuff, it's too much to handle and I hate it.

:byhatw: :scared:

Be well dude. Damn human life.

Well, it seems to be a hernia. :sick: :mad:

15 Dec 2017, 22:40
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
verbalsniper wrote:
Reading the above stuff, I sympathize. Anything medical just rattles me, whether as a patient or supporter.

I've had a medical issue the last little while. Could be something trivial or could be something horrible. Don't know. Tests to come real soon. I hate mysterious medical issues, and wracking my brain about symptoms, with only vague information and foreboding about possible outcomes. I hope It's nothing serious and I'm just being a hypochondriac.

There's been too much medical stuff in my life lately, with family and now with myself. I seriously hate it - always dealing with injury and/or illness. I'm way past my limit for this stuff, it's too much to handle and I hate it.

:byhatw: :scared:

Be well dude. Damn human life.

Well, it seems to be a hernia. :sick: :mad:

Where?

16 Dec 2017, 08:28
Metal Guru

I've had a lumbar disc hernia (L4-L5 to be precise) since late 2005. Work accident.
In 2007, it got a lot better, the sciatica symptoms all but disappeared. (But then I obviously needed to quit that job).

Now, I work at a desk all day, I'm a software developer. If I so much as try to do heavy lifting for a few days (like moving into a new appartment) the nasty leg pain, sciatica, reoccurs.

16 Dec 2017, 10:52
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

My dad, who if you remember I Just moved in with, has an undiagnosed case of obsessive-compulsive disorder. If my cat touches his bed, he has to wash the entire thing, sheets and all. My mom always said he was a very clean dude, but this guy's a whole new level of clean.

It makes sense. Drugs that affect the GABAergic system tend to help OCD people quite a bit. It also explains his alcoholism. Alcohol floods your GABAergic system. In fact, the "oh fuck what did I do last night" feeling is the result of an overstimulated GABAergic system.

So much makes sense now.

20 Dec 2017, 21:34
Metal Guru

Location: Ottawa (the city that fun forgot but don't tell the bands that)
......I never thought I'd be posting about this again after my last workplace crush admission on this board was met with justified scorn, but, dammit......it's happened again and the "crush" is also my team leader.

My productivity levels at work are at record levels though for our department though.

21 Dec 2017, 22:47
Metal Guru

Fuck off to working the day after Christmas. :rolleyes:

26 Dec 2017, 07:36
Metal Guru

I hate... fucking absolutely HATE the new iPad Pro commercial with this fucking gender neutral looking kid who's mom at the end asks "what are you doing on your computer?" and they respond by saying "what's a computer?" with sincerity like they truly don't know what a computer is. You know what a fucking computer is you fuck. Everyone will always know what a computer is. Its literally like saying "what's a book?".

HATE!

30 Dec 2017, 19:05
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
I hate... fucking absolutely HATE the new iPad Pro commercial with this fucking gender neutral looking kid who's mom at the end asks "what are you doing on your computer?" and they respond by saying "what's a computer?" with sincerity like they truly don't know what a computer is. You know what a fucking computer is you fuck. Everyone will always know what a computer is. Its literally like saying "what's a book?".

HATE!

Big +1. Fuck that ad.

31 Dec 2017, 21:20
Metal Guru

Xerxes wrote:
My dad, who if you remember I Just moved in with, has an undiagnosed case of obsessive-compulsive disorder. If my cat touches his bed, he has to wash the entire thing, sheets and all. My mom always said he was a very clean dude, but this guy's a whole new level of clean.

It makes sense. Drugs that affect the GABAergic system tend to help OCD people quite a bit. It also explains his alcoholism. Alcohol floods your GABAergic system. In fact, the "oh fuck what did I do last night" feeling is the result of an overstimulated GABAergic system.

So much makes sense now.

Last night the guy spent near ten solid hours cleaning the trailer from ceiling to floorboards. Might be longer, I just know I got up at 5 or so to drain the lizard and he was still up.

01 Jan 2018, 12:14
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

HATE!

Big +1. Fuck that ad.

+2

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

02 Jan 2018, 11:35
Metal Guru

I hate that I order something from Amazon that clearly says vinyl lp on the website and they fucking send you the cd. The lady on the phone didn't believe me until I proved it to her. Luckily they emailed me a tag to send it back for free and they will refund me back on my account and I can order another record.

02 Jan 2018, 22:13
Metal Guru

well looks like winter league season is over, for me at least.

we lit up another team we always seem to have problems with whenever we play them to the tune of 8-3 last night, guess some ginger buttstain had some sand up his ass about it and decided to cross check one of our guys in the back of the head after the final buzzer when he was skating back to our bench, so I returned the favour to his face. he pitched his mitts and started throwing at me so I grabbed him by the birdcage and pulled him to the ice called him a bitch then went back to my bench. ref dinged me for fighting anyway which usually carries an automatic 5 games, so if I get that I'm done until playoffs.

fuck. essentially wasted a quarter of my season.

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

15 Jan 2018, 09:33
Metal Guru

Rook wrote:
well looks like winter league season is over, for me at least.

we lit up another team we always seem to have problems with whenever we play them to the tune of 8-3 last night, guess some ginger buttstain had some sand up his ass about it and decided to cross check one of our guys in the back of the head after the final buzzer when he was skating back to our bench, so I returned the favour to his face. he pitched his mitts and started throwing at me so I grabbed him by the birdcage and pulled him to the ice called him a bitch then went back to my bench. ref dinged me for fighting anyway which usually carries an automatic 5 games, so if I get that I'm done until playoffs.

fuck. essentially wasted a quarter of my season.

That's fucking awesome :lol: :roll: :lol:

It sucks balls that you're out for five, but at least you got a pretty good story out of the deal :lol:

15 Jan 2018, 13:44
Metal Guru

I like Rook more and more everyday.

15 Jan 2018, 15:05
Metal Guru

So the refs in winter league are as clueless as the NHL it seems. I'd appeal if you can... you spend hard earned money on that. That wasn't a fight.

17 Jan 2018, 23:19
Metal Guru

...how has nobody burned the Vatican down to ashes yet?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pope-franc ... -1.4494449

Fuck that cult. Catholicism can get ground down under boot heel any time now, fuck.

19 Jan 2018, 12:41
Metal Guru

That's fucking sick, man.

What's with these people in powerful positions being protective of perverts and pedophiles?

19 Jan 2018, 13:01
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:

What's with these people in powerful positions being protective of perverts and pedophiles?

Some people just shouldn't continue to breathe, man. I'd pay good money to see the muckity mucks in the upper echelon of the Catholic church dead and hanged.

19 Jan 2018, 13:10
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:

ImageImageImage

19 Jan 2018, 15:09
Metal Guru

Story time. This is a good one.

When I was five or so, my best friend was a little girl called Katie. She informed me one day that I was her boyfriend. I was very happy; I was the only boy in the neighborhood who had a "girlfriend". We lived in a now-razed project in an unfortunate part of coastal Virginia. It never feels that way when you're a kid though.

Last night my dad and I got to drinking and I got to hear what happened to her and her family. Mommy was a dope fiend, got daddy hooked. Dad, a guy called Eddie, would do anything for her- if only to shut her up. For reference, I'm 30 now, so this happened in the early 90's. Like so many heroin users, they went broke. Considering how bad crime was then, it wasn't a great time to shortchange your dealer.

So, as this shit goes, there's a break-in at Eddie's place. Mom vanishes, dad gathers Katie and prepares to run for the goddamn hills, presumably. He doesn't make it out the door. The enforcer put a gun up underneath Eddie's chin and pulls the trigger. The guy didn't even have the decency to make Katie leave the room first. In fact, she was still in her dad's arms when it happened. They then tied Eddie's body to the back of a car and dragged him around for a while as a warning to the other junkies.

I never saw Katie again. Hopefully, she's alright. Or at least alive.

21 Jan 2018, 14:49
Metal Guru

Tom Brady's face

He just has that "all american" look that you can't help but want to punch. I give no fucks about football, but that guy bugs the shit out of me.

22 Jan 2018, 12:58
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next