It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 06:01

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 950 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 38  Next
 HATRED-FUELED HATE OF HATEFUL THINGS 
Metal Guru

Post Re: HATRED-FUELED HATE OF HATEFUL THINGS
My mom is an asshole.

06 May 2014, 10:09
Metal Guru

Moving to London without having a place to live. Fun times ahead! :(

06 May 2014, 11:28
Metal Guru

Seeing someone you love suffering in pain, and not being able to do anything about it. :(

10 May 2014, 00:21
Metal Guru

I just found out that my dear, sweet boy (my cat) passed away unexpectedly today. My sister came home from work and found him. No one knows what happened because he seemed very healthy, and was fine this morning. I'm still a bit in shock over it all, and feel pretty heartbroken. :(

10 May 2014, 18:03
Metal Guru

Sorry to hear that. :(

11 May 2014, 01:14
Metal Guru

Today was a complete bag of fuckingfuckthefuckoff at work today.

13 May 2014, 21:40
Metal Guru

In the last one week, I've lost my job, my apartment, my girlfriend and my visa is almost running out. Fuck this is hard.

I'm currently living on a friend's couch, I'm unemployed and I'm going to try to extend my visa on Friday. Shit's all fucked up.

14 May 2014, 08:51
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

symphony21 wrote:
In the last one week, I've lost my job, my apartment, my girlfriend and my visa is almost running out. Fuck this is hard.

I'm currently living on a friend's couch, I'm unemployed and I'm going to try to extend my visa on Friday. Shit's all fucked up.

thats a whole lotta fuck.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

14 May 2014, 10:03
Metal Guru

Whew, been there. Ended up taking a bunch of Ritalin and applying for something like 30 jobs. Booked a flight to the place with the first job offer later on that week. Just remember you've only been lain low. You're not dead.

14 May 2014, 10:38
Metal Guru

symphony21 wrote:

That really sucks, Madhav. Sometimes we fall and sometimes we fall hard. The important thing is that you find your way back up. I look at life's challenges like building muscle. You have to tear down the muscles in order to build them up stronger.

Life gets tough, but you're tougher. Keeping fighting, and soon you'll find yourself in a good place that you never saw coming.

14 May 2014, 11:13
Metal Guru

+1

14 May 2014, 11:25
Metal Guru

symphony21 wrote:

good luck dude. that sounds like a nightmare.

adora vivos, our people are civilized, love the living while they're still alive. adora vivos, our people are civilized, we shouldn't worship the dead.

14 May 2014, 12:17
Metal Guru

Thanks for the words of support. Its a fucked up time, just need to keep my head down and ride it out.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
symphony21 wrote:

That really sucks, Madhav. Sometimes we fall and sometimes we fall hard. The important thing is that you find your way back up. I look at life's challenges like building muscle. You have to tear down the muscles in order to build them up stronger.

Life gets tough, but you're tougher. Keeping fighting, and soon you'll find yourself in a good place that you never saw coming.

BMD, your words keep me going. Look at my sig.

14 May 2014, 14:39
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

*big big big hugs*
Keep on keeping on, Madhav.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
What's funny to me is that we all claim to be adults here.

15 May 2014, 12:05
Metal Guru

Pretty sure you meant:

15 May 2014, 14:19
Metal Guru

symphony21 wrote:
Thanks for the words of support. Its a fucked up time, just need to keep my head down and ride it out.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
symphony21 wrote:

BMD, your words keep me going. Look at my sig.

You're a good dude. Don't let this stuff get you down.

15 May 2014, 16:19
Metal Guru

Just did a big conference aimed at preventing sexual and verbal abuse in the classroom, which is a good thing. Unfortunately the tone of the conference was palpably sexist. The clear impression I got was that men do the abusing, and nobody gives a shit if a false allegation crops up. So what if your life is ruined? Transfer to another school and if the hate follows you, that's obviously not our problem. You're probably secretly a pedophile anyway.

I do not expect to be applauded for not raping people, but this is kinda bullshit, the speaker just kept repeating that kids simply don't lie about sexual misconduct.

22 May 2014, 22:24
Metal Guru

Modern day Feminism at work right there...

24 May 2014, 10:28
Metal Guru

^ :rolleyes:

Look, I agree that the idea that only women are raped is false. Men are raped, too. I also agree that false rape accusations are a serious issue. It's just that it seems like more often than not (and I'm not singling you out here, Xerxes), false rape accusations are brought up to deride discussions about rape and show how women are liars and can't be trusted. False rape allegations obviously hurt those that are accused, but it also hurts other victims of rape who are too scared to come forward because they're afraid of being told they're lying.

Auslander, on Burning Ham wrote:
Of course, he's a complete twerp

24 May 2014, 11:47
Metal Guru

I require some pretty extensive dental work that is going to cost me a lot of money. I am not happy.

24 May 2014, 22:00
Metal Guru

Burst Command Til War wrote:
^ :rolleyes:

Look, I agree that the idea that only women are raped is false. Men are raped, too. I also agree that false rape accusations are a serious issue. It's just that it seems like more often than not (and I'm not singling you out here, Xerxes), false rape accusations are brought up to deride discussions about rape and show how women are liars and can't be trusted. False rape allegations obviously hurt those that are accused, but it also hurts other victims of rape who are too scared to come forward because they're afraid of being told they're lying.

It's almost like the smart thing to do is not make an assumption either way. To me, this is not about women being truthful or not, it's about the presumption of male guilt.

Nobody said anything about the gender of victims either way.

TheFinalSleep wrote:
Modern day Feminism at work right there...

Feminism wasn't really brought up. This person was speaking for an organization that handled child abuse allegations. That's what makes it troubling.

25 May 2014, 11:24
Metal Guru

It's a tough pill to swallow but honestly in such a sensitive matter "better safe than sorry" really is the best policy. And if someone is being targeted with false accusations of sexual misconduct, getting out of that situation is in their best interest as well. Doesn't necessarily make it right but organizations like that can't afford to just wait and see.

Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm

26 May 2014, 01:41
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

It's not an easy situation, I agree. But I still find the possibility of my life being spontaneously ruined because some asshole kid is having a bad day completely unacceptable. I would be so, so pissed off. The sun itself would grow jealous of the intensity of my anger.

26 May 2014, 08:17
Metal Guru

Fucking allergies. My eyes are itching worse than Firefarter's crabs collection.

27 May 2014, 21:27
Metal Guru

Location: Spitting darts from the tip of a glacier used for my hideout
Don't know how I get myself in these sorts of situations. Seem to maybe be developing something with someone. Only problems are...

- A friend of mine seems to have considerable feelings for her, has known her way longer than me, and I feel like I'm stepping into a potentially troublesome situation. I have no idea of the extent of their history/friendship, and I really don't want to strain my relationship with him, especially considering we see a fair bit of each other through shows, etc. That said, I like her and I really don't want to just say "fuck it" when all I am really doing at this point is second guessing myself based on things which may or may not be an issue.
- It is totally unclear at this point what exactly she is looking for, which is fine, but it makes it difficult to gauge my approach. Obviously I'm not gonna be anything but 'myself', but it should be obvious based on the other points I'm making how it clouds things up a bit.
- Just got out of a relationship. Not feeling particularly bitter or anything, but I guess I didn't expect to be interested in someone this quickly.
- We, uh, work together. Some of you may remember the last time I attempted something like this. Totally different situation in every way, but yeah... should I have learned my lesson?
- Long story short, there are a lot of connections between the workplace, our social circles, the metal community, etc. and I don't want to cause any drama.

That said, which am to not follow my heart/gut/instincts? I dunno... an adult? Yikes. Somebody reassure me I'm not in need of a cold shower!

28 May 2014, 06:31
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 950 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 38  Next