It is currently 22 Nov 2014, 21:14

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1011 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 41  Next
 HATRED-FUELED HATE OF HATEFUL THINGS 
Metal Guru

Post Re: HATRED-FUELED HATE OF HATEFUL THINGS
Kerrie wrote:
President Bagel wrote:
Kerrie wrote:
President Bagel wrote:
How did this guy ever get to be so insanely popular??!! He's terrible.

I have no clue who that is, but I enjoy that photo.

I am depressed and slightly intoxicated (moving up, soon). I hope this results in some good writing, and not something embarrassing.

His name is Pewdiepie and he has more subscribers than anyone else on Youtube. He is quite possibly the most popular internet celebrity in the world. I have no clue why people love him so much. He's completely obnoxious and unfunny.

Hope things look up for you soon :cheers:

hmmm I won't look him up, then!

I'm sure things will be fine for me. I just feel a little self destructive right now.

Blast some Destruction :m:

04 Sep 2013, 18:33
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
skûrj wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Music hasn't been resonating with me in months. That's been the only constant thing in my life, and it's really fucking strange to feel more or less indifferent to it. It's not that I don't like it, but it doesn't move me lately.

that's always the first clue for me when i'm getting depressed :(

It's been a rough few months. Oddly enough, it seems to be getting worse with time rather than better. I've been through these before, so all I can really do is ride it out and wait for things to get better. The good thing is that I know exactly what the problem is, so at least I don't have to dig deep to figure it all out.

I know what you mean. I've been going to way less shows, and generally lax when it comes to music generally. It's like my brain just switches enjoyment off, or at least effort towards it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhedonia

Rook wrote:
nothing about you is normal. it's all just awful.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
YOU GUYS NEED TO MEET SKURJ! She's awesome live!

Stefan, ein windir wrote:
We are focusing too much on the potatoes

04 Sep 2013, 21:47
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

President Bagel wrote:
Kerrie wrote:
President Bagel wrote:
How did this guy ever get to be so insanely popular??!! He's terrible.

I have no clue who that is, but I enjoy that photo.

I am depressed and slightly intoxicated (moving up, soon). I hope this results in some good writing, and not something embarrassing.

His name is Pewdiepie and he has more subscribers than anyone else on Youtube. He is quite possibly the most popular internet celebrity in the world. I have no clue why people love him so much. He's completely obnoxious and unfunny.

Hope things look up for you soon :cheers:

He does let's plays. I've watched a few of them, because they pop up for some games that no one else that I occasionally watch have done. I don't particularly love him or anything, but LPs are great for checking out a game before buying it. He seems to do a lot of horror games, including some those I watch haven't done (hence the watching them when they pop up in the search).

But as far as LPers are concerned. There are much better. And a lot of his horror game reactions are so put on. But, oh well. We should all know that youtube popularity means dick. Even if someone gets media famous from it, it lasts for maybe a couple of weeks and they go back into obscurity with the real world.

President Bagel wrote:
Seriously, chill out, everypony. It's not everyone else's fault you're still using a 14.4k modem.

05 Sep 2013, 01:24
Metal Guru

Never seen or heard of him. That's how popular he is. Seriously. He must be popular.

05 Sep 2013, 11:03
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Never seen or heard of him. That's how popular he is. Seriously. He must be popular.

At 12.7 million subscribers, he's officially the most popular person on Youtube. I don't get it. Maybe bro humour just isn't my thing.

05 Sep 2013, 12:13
Metal Guru

Spend cash to go to Montreal because the paycheque coming up is going to be big.
Get shorted on paycheque.
Scrape by another two weeks after being promised retro-pay for missed hours on next paycheque.
Not on next paycheque.

I want my 24 hours!!! :mad:

05 Sep 2013, 18:56
Metal Guru

Hey Bagel, I was really disappointed I did not see you at Wings of Metal... which is where you should have been instead of bitching about/praising Youtube personality's.

05 Sep 2013, 19:27
Metal Guru

furrowsofgords wrote:
Spend cash to go to Montreal because the paycheque coming up is going to be big.
Get shorted on paycheque.
Scrape by another two weeks after being promised retro-pay for missed hours on next paycheque.
Not on next paycheque.

I want my 24 hours!!! :mad:

:(
Jeez.. If they don't straighten up and fly right soon,you may have to speak to the labour board. Good luck, I hope those bahstids pay you ASAP!

Big Metal Dude wrote:
What's funny to me is that we all claim to be adults here.

06 Sep 2013, 06:38
Metal Guru

I know they aren't intentionally not paying me, they are just incompetent.
They offered to pay us in cash and then we would just pay them back when it showed up on our next cheque, but i didn't take the offer because I was able to wait.
And...It didn't know up on our next cheque anyways lol.

I'm sure as hell taking it in cash this time though.

06 Sep 2013, 06:56
Metal Guru

Our delivery guy is having truck issues, and stranded waiting on a mechanic. This means that I'm now waiting several hours before I can even start to inventory the truckload of gear we're receiving today, and then get it loaded up for my runners. This is going to be a needlessly long day.

@to_billbrasky

06 Sep 2013, 09:53
Metal Guru

Ruke wrote:
Hey Bagel, I was really disappointed I did not see you at Wings of Metal... which is where you should have been instead of bitching about/praising Youtube personality's.

Yeah, Bagel. Even i saw Ruke. But even though he made fun of my vest, i forgot to bring up ketchup on steak. :)

Braveboard letdown. :(

06 Sep 2013, 11:46
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Ruke wrote:

Yeah, Bagel. Even i saw Ruke. But even though he made fun of my vest, i forgot to bring up ketchup on steak. :)

Braveboard letdown. :(

First-year Braveboard right there.

06 Sep 2013, 14:26
Metal Guru

My plan was, to not only NOT talk to Blasphomet, but also try and get a picture of me giving a finger to his vest. Unfortunately, there was never opportunity for me to do it without his girlfriend noticing... man that girl is joined to your hip, dude

Auslander, on Burning Ham wrote:
Of course, he's a complete twerp

06 Sep 2013, 14:52
Metal Guru

What do you want from her? To wander off and talk to complete strangers? She isn't exactly in her element at a show like that. :) We don't travel with a crew of people. You may know a lot of people at the shows you go to, but our friends aren't into the metals. And if they have a passing fancy of metal, it's not enough to attend any shows. I would have been more than happy to have met you, but it's obvious you are way too cool. :lol:

Unless we are talking to people we don't know, we are together. Unless one or the other is grabbing a brew or something.

As for the vest... All you had to do was ask to take a picture. And I've never seen so many fucking vests in my life. Pretty much every second person was wearing one, and many of them were as loud as mine. Then the dude who sang the first verse of Necropolis mentioned my Weapon patch and told me how the guys in Weapon are all assholes and they all beat their wives.

Aaaaaaaaaaanywho. The fest was a week ago so it's all water under the bridge. :) Great times and memories though. Maybe you can snag a pic next year if you're lucky! ;)

06 Sep 2013, 15:14
Metal Guru

That's when you get drunk and introduce yourself to everyone :)

The predominant reason I didn't talk to you was because I had about a million friends there and I was having a hard enough time going from person to person as it was. Every time I saw you I was already embroiled in another conversation or on my way to the bathroom or bar. I was doing some pretty hardcore mingling :beer:

You spoke to my husband, so whatev'

edit: As for the vest...

Many years ago there was a show where everybody was secretly giving Beast 'the shocker' and taking a picture when he wasn't looking. I'm sure many BBers still have some pics from that night. It was from that idea that I thought about doing the same thing to your vest, but with the finger instead. Should have tried to get your girl in on it :lol:

Auslander, on Burning Ham wrote:
Of course, he's a complete twerp

06 Sep 2013, 17:16
Metal Guru

Burst Command Til War wrote:

Many years ago there was a show where everybody was secretly giving Beast 'the shocker' and taking a picture when he wasn't looking. I'm sure many BBers still have some pics from that night.:lol:

I had a huge laugh at myself when I saw those pics. Good on everybody for keeping me in the dark about it all night. :lol:

06 Sep 2013, 18:50
Metal Guru

My plan was, to not only NOT talk to Blasphomet, but also try and get a picture of me giving a finger to his vest. Unfortunately, there was never opportunity for me to do it without his girlfriend noticing... man that girl is joined to your hip, dude

let me guess. he had his arms around her waist all night during sets too.

GROW A PAIR YOU FUCKING CUPCAKE.

:)

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

06 Sep 2013, 19:30
Metal Guru

deathstalker wrote:

let me guess. he had his arms around her waist all night during sets too.

GROW A PAIR YOU FUCKING CUPCAKE.

:)

WRONG!

But i did put m arm around her neck to belt out some lyrics to both Manilla Road and Satan. I would have done it to you too had you been standing next to me. ;)

I also belted out some lyrics with your buddy Ruke. :lol:

06 Sep 2013, 20:20
Metal Guru

Oddly enough, there was some ketchup heckling over the weekend.. but it was directed at Burning Blade.

:lol:

06 Sep 2013, 20:23
Metal Guru

Well, that cheered me up ... :(

;)

07 Sep 2013, 14:23
Metal Guru

I'm a big time Canucks fan but man it just really honks my amazingly huge and awe-inspiring trumpet that they have the gall to charge so much for tickets like they do. It's like $323 for a lower bowl seat and that's before additional fees are piled on that. It's fucking ridiculous!

07 Sep 2013, 21:01
Profile YIM
Metal Guru

Rottenrocker wrote:
I'm a big time Canucks fan but man it just really honks my amazingly huge and awe-inspiring trumpet that they have the gall to charge so much for tickets like they do. It's like $323 for a lower bowl seat and that's before additional fees are piled on that. It's fucking ridiculous!

That's fucking insane. I can get tickets to the most expensive games in Buffalo (they have tiered pricing depending on the opponent) for less than 200 per ticket and that's right against the glass. There aren't even that many gold games in the schedule, it's mostly against divisional opponents.

@to_billbrasky

07 Sep 2013, 21:06
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Rottenrocker wrote:

That's fucking insane. I can get tickets to the most expensive games in Buffalo (they have tiered pricing depending on the opponent) for less than 200 per ticket and that's right against the glass. There aren't even that many gold games in the schedule, it's mostly against divisional opponents.

I checked the Sabres tickets for their game against Toronto and lower bowl tickets were 35 DOLLARS! That's quite a difference!

07 Sep 2013, 21:40
Profile YIM
Metal Guru

Rottenrocker wrote:

I checked the Sabres tickets for their game against Toronto and lower bowl tickets were 35 DOLLARS! That's quite a difference!

Because that's all watching the Leafs is fucking worth...

07 Sep 2013, 21:46
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

The Iron Miller wrote:
Rottenrocker wrote:

Because that's all watching the Leafs is fucking worth...

I re-checked and it's only that cheap because it's a pre-season game. D'oh!

07 Sep 2013, 22:53
Profile YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1011 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 41  Next