It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 07:21



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 670 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next
 The United States of America thread III 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2009, 13:00
Posts: 16285
Location: The Depths of Hell
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
A sad day for the U.S. That entire press conference was a colossal shitshow. Anyone that tries to defend Trump for his garbage performance is utterly insane.

I'll echo what others have said: it was disgraceful.

Every opportunity to stand up to Putin resulted in tough-guy Trump cowering and selling us out.

_________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.


18 Jul 2018, 20:39
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2010, 20:28
Posts: 11826
Location: Ohio, USA
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
voodoo dust wrote:
A sad day for the U.S. That entire press conference was a colossal shitshow. Anyone that tries to defend Trump for his garbage performance is utterly insane.

I'll echo what others have said: it was disgraceful.

Every opportunity to stand up to Putin resulted in tough-guy Trump cowering and selling us out.


Yup. Trump is all about sucking out that vodka jizz straight from the source. Dude's a dictator cockaholic.

_________________
deathstalker wrote:
the car is more trucks though.


President Bagel wrote:
Seriously, chill out, everypony. It's not everyone else's fault you're still using a 14.4k modem.


18 Jul 2018, 21:07
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2009, 13:00
Posts: 16285
Location: The Depths of Hell
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
Professor Danger! wrote:
voodoo dust wrote:
A sad day for the U.S. That entire press conference was a colossal shitshow. Anyone that tries to defend Trump for his garbage performance is utterly insane.

I'll echo what others have said: it was disgraceful.

Every opportunity to stand up to Putin resulted in tough-guy Trump cowering and selling us out.


Yup. Trump is all about sucking out that vodka jizz straight from the source. Dude's a dictator cockaholic.

Shitting on allies and talking up dictators. That's his thing apparently.

Ironically, the next president will literally have to MAGA after this fuckwad runs roughshod over this country.

_________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.


18 Jul 2018, 21:20
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2010, 20:28
Posts: 11826
Location: Ohio, USA
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
voodoo dust wrote:
Professor Danger! wrote:
voodoo dust wrote:
A sad day for the U.S. That entire press conference was a colossal shitshow. Anyone that tries to defend Trump for his garbage performance is utterly insane.

I'll echo what others have said: it was disgraceful.

Every opportunity to stand up to Putin resulted in tough-guy Trump cowering and selling us out.


Yup. Trump is all about sucking out that vodka jizz straight from the source. Dude's a dictator cockaholic.

Shitting on allies and talking up dictators. That's his thing apparently.

Ironically, the next president will literally have to MAGA after this fuckwad runs roughshod over this country.



All while those that were actually raped by his repeals and policies whine and cry, while their livelihoods improve. It's absolutely insane.

_________________
deathstalker wrote:
the car is more trucks though.


President Bagel wrote:
Seriously, chill out, everypony. It's not everyone else's fault you're still using a 14.4k modem.


18 Jul 2018, 21:31
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2009, 13:00
Posts: 16285
Location: The Depths of Hell
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
Professor Danger! wrote:
voodoo dust wrote:
Professor Danger! wrote:
voodoo dust wrote:
A sad day for the U.S. That entire press conference was a colossal shitshow. Anyone that tries to defend Trump for his garbage performance is utterly insane.

I'll echo what others have said: it was disgraceful.

Every opportunity to stand up to Putin resulted in tough-guy Trump cowering and selling us out.


Yup. Trump is all about sucking out that vodka jizz straight from the source. Dude's a dictator cockaholic.

Shitting on allies and talking up dictators. That's his thing apparently.

Ironically, the next president will literally have to MAGA after this fuckwad runs roughshod over this country.



All while those that were actually raped by his repeals and policies whine and cry, while their livelihoods improve. It's absolutely insane.

Agreed. It's pathetic.

For any Trump supporter here's a simple exercise: take his press conference and insert Obama. Still feel the same way? Doubt it.

_________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.


18 Jul 2018, 21:43
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 49008
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
Fervent Trump supporters online will never back down. Even if elsewhere FOX has sighed a big sigh of dismay and sadness for their lost love.


18 Jul 2018, 22:32
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2004, 08:29
Posts: 21746
Location: nj
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
it's the media's fault, obviously. :stupider:

_________________
did that butter churn just move? cause if it did.....


19 Jul 2018, 04:44
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2006, 16:03
Posts: 12672
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
People around here know I don't like Trump, but what exactly would you all have preferred anyway? That he starts wagging his finger indignantly at another nuclear power?

You guys are all insane.

If you were Donald Trump, what would be the best and more coherent response to being picked apart by the media about Russian interference? I am not entirely sure he is capable of a coherent response on his own, but for argument's sake let's assume he (or his team) is, and let's assume all of this was in fact sanctioned at the highest levels at the Kremlin.

Firstly - the state that failed to maintain its internal security when facing foreign interference - must accept full responsibility for such failure. If the United States with its huge budget cannot effectively guard its internal matters against a country with a much smaller budget (i.e. Russia) - then it would be an honest and conscientious decision to a) admit such a failure, b) examine why its internal security safeguards are faulty and c) implement appropriate safeguards against such interference from foreign state or foreign business interests in the future.

Trump could hardly be blamed for something which was in the hands of the Obama administration at the time. However, what he must do is a) admit the failure of previous administration b) admit to security problems which may still exist under his administration, and c) assign teams which would assess and improve these existing security measures.

It's hardly a secret that the USA has intelligence agents in a number of countries including Russia, China and Iran, whose job is to compromise and penetrate these countries' internal security apparatus in order to obtain intelligence which would influence a favourable political outcome. This is their direct line of work, and it's difficult to imagine that these people don't take pride in what they do. Russia is hardly any different in that regard with the exception that lately it managed to be so effective as to beat the USA at its own game.

There are no explicit agreements existing between USA and Russia that ban reciprocal intelligence operations, and even if something like this was ever proposed, it is highly unlikely the US government would agree to its terms.

Compared to some of the things Iranian intelligence has managed to accomplish in Saudi Arabia, Russian interference can hardly be called malicious. The electric grid was not compromised (despite Fake News). No nuclear stations, or refinery facilities blew up, no dams failed. Crash of the American dollar did not occur (not to mention that even if the Russian oligarchy was capable of effecting this, it would hardly be advantageous to them). The average American did not suffer in any way, and what's more - the American voters (in their majority) got what they so badly wanted - Donald Trump becoming a president (and it's not as if it's even empirically demonstrable that it was Russian interference that prevented Clinton from winning).

Finally, after so many decades of ignorance and illusion of invulnerability the American establishment finally realized that its internal security is far from invulnerable. With exception of minor damage to self-image, - this was hardly some disastrous outcome the media is attempting to make of it. It was a game of chess well lost.

And it would be a lot easier for the Russian government to come clean, if such were the dominant political attitude in the US. Yet because the issue being used as a main weapon of internal bipartisan warfare, and because the US president cannot coherently formulate it the way I just did, frankly - what else is there to expect than more denials and worsening relations between the two former Cold War adversaries? There are plenty more games of chess to be played, not to mention, there is also checkers, scrabble and monopoly, there is no excuse for intelligent people to behave as if losing a game or two is the penultimate insult and grievous injury.

_________________
"It's not enough that I should succeed... others should fail." - Anonymous


19 Jul 2018, 08:29
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2004, 08:29
Posts: 21746
Location: nj
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
i'd have preferred less genuflection, personally. crazy, right?

anyone who still supports this traitorous slob is pretty fucking sad.

_________________
did that butter churn just move? cause if it did.....


19 Jul 2018, 10:13
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2009, 02:32
Posts: 27566
Location: E 99th & St.Clair
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
I like to castle, move pawns and trade queens within the first five moves. I find that most people can't play without their queen. Check.

_________________
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Take your rhythmless Varg-borne black "metal" and shove it up your poser vaginas alongside your Dead Can Dance records.


19 Jul 2018, 11:13
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Nov 2004, 08:20
Posts: 10066
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
San Fran going to allow non-citizens and illegal immigrants to register to vote in school board election. They have completely lost their minds.

Meanwhile, companies are pulling out of commitments to hold conferences there because of safety concerns to due the homeless problem, costing the city tens of millions.

Brilliant.

_________________
"The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money" - Margaret Thatcher (1925-2013)


19 Jul 2018, 11:40
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2009, 02:32
Posts: 27566
Location: E 99th & St.Clair
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
What's the solution? And no comment on Svarogs post? You can't because you have no opinion other than Fox News talking points.

_________________
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Take your rhythmless Varg-borne black "metal" and shove it up your poser vaginas alongside your Dead Can Dance records.


19 Jul 2018, 12:00
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 13:56
Posts: 6843
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
Anyone who supports Obama sending millions of unmarked bills in an overnight flight to Iran has no right to complain about Trump's meeting with Putin.


19 Jul 2018, 12:02
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2009, 02:32
Posts: 27566
Location: E 99th & St.Clair
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
Yeah that was a bogus deal.

_________________
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Take your rhythmless Varg-borne black "metal" and shove it up your poser vaginas alongside your Dead Can Dance records.


19 Jul 2018, 12:04
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 49008
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
I just think it's hilarious he was like "well Putin says he didn't do it, so...." undermining the intelligence agencies of the county he leads. And a collective nation's heart skipped a beat. :lol:


Other than that I don't think I could care less.


19 Jul 2018, 12:27
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 23:16
Posts: 28568
Location: hollywood upstairs medical college
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
RyanJD wrote:
Anyone who supports Obama sending millions of unmarked bills in an overnight flight to Iran has no right to complain about Trump's meeting with Putin.

what ?

_________________
Jotun wrote:
Hitler had an opinion

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

'Shall He Hate Even In Death'.


19 Jul 2018, 12:59
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63965
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
Svarog's post on this was brilliant.

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


19 Jul 2018, 22:03
Profile
Headbanger
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 17:21
Posts: 112
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
It really wasn't. It was the same old talking points extrapolated to be far longer than they needed to be.

Why didn't Obama stop it (because of partisan hack politicians threatening to publicly accuse him of rigging the election),The US does it too (yeah, and a lot of it seems to happen under Republican leadership, funny that), why do you want war with Russia (no one wants this, shut up), the interference didn't affect the outcome (Americans had their identities stolen, there are literally people that think Hillary eats babies and marched onto Benghazi and killed those four people herself, voting systems have been confirmed to have remote access software on them)... etc.

There were some good kernels in there, but fucking yeesh.

Refusal to expand the security apparatus to curb further activity (this includes attacks on critical infrastructure as well, by the way), or willingness to collaborate with suspected co-conspirators should be paid close attention to at this point.


20 Jul 2018, 11:21
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2006, 16:03
Posts: 12672
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
I certainly don't agree with every point in this article, but it's still a good read, a pretty sober analysis of this Trump - Putin affair.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/opinio ... ems-134720

Quote:

It’s Not (Quite) As Bad As It Seems

In a particularly bad week for wrecking behaviour, Donald Trump trashed the NATO summit, declared the European Union a “foe”, undermined Prime Minister Theresa May’s attempts to get a ‘soft’ Brexit for Britain, sucked up to the Russians and betrayed his own intelligence services. But his actions made it clear that the NATO alliance is of limited relevance and that a new military confrontation with the Russians would be pointless folly.

He didn’t actually say either of those things last week (although he has said them both in the past). But despite the usual blizzard of off-the-cuff, contradictory Trumpian statements, a couple of truths did become obvious.

One is that Trump is Russia’s man in the White House. It is not clear what kind of hold Moscow has on him, but it clearly has one. The other is that there is almost no military dimension to the ‘Russian threat’ in Europe, so NATO does not need to spend more money.

Trump likes to sound tough. “Get ready, Russia, because (American missiles) will be coming, nice and new and smart!” he tweeted over a transient crisis in Syria three months ago. After last week’s NATO summit he claimed to have bullied the Europeans into spending much more on defence (against the Russian threat, of course).

But he never fired those missiles although the Russians didn’t back down. He didn’t really get any new promises from the Europeans last week to spend more money on NATO. And when he went to Moscow on Sunday, he declared that America was to blame for the poor state of US-Russian relations.

After a two-hour meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin with only translators present, Trump announced that he accepted Putin’s denials about Russian attempts to use social media to influence the 2016 US election. “They (the US intelligence services) think it’s Russia,” Trump said. “President Putin just said it’s not Russia. I don’t see any reason why it would be.”



Now, let’s pick this all apart and try to make sense of it. Trump’s betrayal of the American intelligence services was a natural and necessary part of his campaign to discredit them, because he fears that they have or will discover evidence that links him to the Russian intervention in the US election.

There was a huge backlash in the US because even Trump’s own supporters were dismayed to see him value the Russian dictator’s words more highly than those of American intelligence professionals. Within a day he had been forced to admit, for the first time, that there had indeed been Russian meddling in the US election process in 2016.

He also had to backtrack on his claim that the United States was to blame for the heightened tension with Russia, tweeting that “We’re all to blame” and that he held “both countries responsible.” But actually, he was right about that the first time.

If the United States had treated the badly wounded post-Soviet Russia less brutally in the 1990s, nurturing the fragile new Russian democracy instead of taking all the Eastern European countries into NATO and pushing the alliance’s military frontier right up to the former Soviet border, there might never have been support in Russia for an aggrieved nationalist like Putin.

It’s too late to fix that now, but Russia is still not a major military threat. It has lots of modern tanks and missiles, because that’s what nationalist leaders do, but its economy is only the size of Italy’s and it could not sustain a prolonged military confrontation with NATO. That’s why Putin concentrates on non-military initiatives like his interference in the 2016 US election (and apparently in Britain’s 2017 Brexit referendum as well).

So it makes perfectly good sense for NATO’s European members to spend 2% or less of their resources on defence. NATO is really about defending Europe, and Europe doesn’t need much defending.

The good news is that though the populists and ultra-nationalists are on the rise in the West (including Russia), raw military power still plays a minor role in the relations of the great powers. Hacking and the other digital dark arts are playing a much bigger role, and it is proving hard to get them under control. But which would you prefer?


_________________
"It's not enough that I should succeed... others should fail." - Anonymous


20 Jul 2018, 12:43
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 13:56
Posts: 6843
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
I agree.


20 Jul 2018, 12:59
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2004, 08:29
Posts: 21746
Location: nj
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
dude's own director of national intelligence found out about this second meeting at the whitehouse live on tv. guaranteed trump never mentioned it to anyone before he tweeted it.

people who win high stakes bouts don't generally clamour for an immediate rematch.

_________________
did that butter churn just move? cause if it did.....


20 Jul 2018, 13:31
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 39815
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
Quote:
He also had to backtrack on his claim that the United States was to blame for the heightened tension with Russia, tweeting that “We’re all to blame” and that he held “both countries responsible.” But actually, he was right about that the first time.

If the United States had treated the badly wounded post-Soviet Russia less brutally in the 1990s, nurturing the fragile new Russian democracy instead of taking all the Eastern European countries into NATO and pushing the alliance’s military frontier right up to the former Soviet border, there might never have been support in Russia for an aggrieved nationalist like Putin.

It’s too late to fix that now, but Russia is still not a major military threat. It has lots of modern tanks and missiles, because that’s what nationalist leaders do, but its economy is only the size of Italy’s and it could not sustain a prolonged military confrontation with NATO. That’s why Putin concentrates on non-military initiatives like his interference in the 2016 US election (and apparently in Britain’s 2017 Brexit referendum as well).

So it makes perfectly good sense for NATO’s European members to spend 2% or less of their resources on defence. NATO is really about defending Europe, and Europe doesn’t need much defending.



These are the things the United States (it's politicians, its defense establishment, and its people) will never acknowledge. It's got to be "Russia's fault" because otherwise they have to face the fact it is theirs.

Russia did not seek to dominate the world by creating some unipolar world order; the US did (or rather, still does).
Russia did not ruthlessly break international agreements and attack the legitimacy of the UN and international diplomacy in general; the US did.
Russia was not the global power which set the precedent of backing genocidal racists, ignoring the laws of warfare, and invading countries which were no threat to them; America did.
Russia was not the nation that decided that it was the one nation who had the right to decide how all other nations should live their lives, yet be bound by no restrictions itself. It was - can you guess? - The United States Of America.

I mean, what is America's problem with Russia, down deep at the core of this conflict? That the United States establishment - mainstream Republicans and Democrats - has been trying to do all these things, and Russia does not simply stand aside and let it?

Never mind assclown Trump, and which foreign leader's fuck-puppet he really is.

I dare any American critic of Russia's actions to answer all these charges first.

Go on, try to justify everything your own country has done to the rest of the world.


:stir: :snack:

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


20 Jul 2018, 14:15
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 39815
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
To sum up: "When it rains, it pours."

Quote:
Parkland school shooting: Father of two survivors killed in Florida store

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44902595

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


20 Jul 2018, 15:03
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 39815
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
Quote:
Missouri duck boat capsizes killing 17 people


https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44895391

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


20 Jul 2018, 15:03
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 49008
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: The United States of America thread III
That boat looks like something I would never want to go on.


20 Jul 2018, 15:11
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 670 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.