It is currently 17 Jul 2018, 18:09

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 50  Next
 The United States of America thread II 
Metal Guru

Post Re: The United States of America thread II
thelostpatrol wrote:
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1008824537331458048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbigleaguepolitics.com%2Fnielsen-10000-of-12000-detained-kids-came-without-their-parents%2F

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/18/us/p ... cript.html

There ya go.

How about substantiated facts? This government has a documented history of blatant lying and misleading, and politicians from around the world are known to make mistakes, intentional or otherwise, in recounting facts during interviews and press conferences.

Where's the hard data that backs up her claims and those numbers?

"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."

21 Jun 2018, 22:46
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

The Department of Homeland Security is a primary source/

21 Jun 2018, 23:12
Metal King

I can only imagine the incredible amount of depression Melania Trump is going though. She must be a mess.

Exorcist wrote:
He looks like he came in third in a fisting contest.

21 Jun 2018, 23:41
Metal Guru

She knew who she was marrying and she was 100% behind his incredibly racist Obama birther bullshit from a couple years ago. I have no sympathy for her at all.

She had her "let them eat cake" moment today. A family of greed driven sociopaths. Fuck the lot of them.

21 Jun 2018, 23:47
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
The Department of Homeland Security is a primary source/

Where's the data? :?

PS: Governments lie. Propaganda is alive and well. But you already knew that. Right?

"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."

22 Jun 2018, 00:11
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

FLOTUS has one job: pretend to care about things. blew it.

22 Jun 2018, 04:43
Metal Guru

Metal_King wrote:
I can only imagine the incredible amount of depression Melania Trump is going though. She must be a mess.

1. why?

2. who cares?

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

22 Jun 2018, 08:59
Metal Guru

Metal_King wrote:

Good.

She's just a trophy wife. She knew what she was getting into when she married, and if she didn't, she's a fucking idiot. As far as I'm concerned, she deserves every second of misery that this whole political saga gives her.

22 Jun 2018, 09:19
Metal Guru

I doubt she knew she'd be a First Lady. Or even wanted to be.

And then be a reflection of their loss

22 Jun 2018, 09:29
Metal Guru

thelostpatrol wrote:
I doubt she knew she'd be a First Lady. Or even wanted to be.

From what I've read, that certainly seems to be the case.

I just have no sympathy for trophy wives. You marry for money? No sympathy here. That's just the cost of living with your investment.

22 Jun 2018, 10:08
Metal Guru

22 Jun 2018, 10:32
Metal Guru

xdisciplex wrote:
Thank god for Bernie Sanders. Nikki Haley unleashes on UN for releasing a report on poverty that condemns the US. Sanders responds with common sense. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... -motivated

Quote:
Sanders on Thursday issued a further response to Haley’s attack on the UN rapporteur. The 2016 runner-up for the Democratic presidential nomination agreed with Haley that Burundi and the Democratic Republic Congo faced far worse problems, but pointedly remarked that America’s poverty was taking place “in the richest country in the history of the world and a time when wealth and income inequality is worse than at any time since the 1920s”.

Sanders said it was appropriate for the UN to focus on America, given that 40 million people in the US still live in poverty, more than 30 million have no health insurance, and 40% of Americans cannot afford $400 in an emergency.

“I hope you will agree that in a nation in which the top three people own more wealth than the bottom half, we can and must do much better than that,” Sanders said.

Just because someone somewhere is worse than you doesn't mean you don't deserve criticism.

:attn: :attn: :attn:

Also right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQvig0KvUaE

22 Jun 2018, 15:37
Metal Guru

Flip flop flip flop flip flop... https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ar-program

Everything Trump told us after the Singapore summit, none of it has happened. No meetings the week after, no moves to disarm, nothing. And now this.

So... 0 accomplished. 100% lies. No surprise.

22 Jun 2018, 20:01
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

I'm shocked that this has happened. No one could have foreseen this with his years as a successful businessman. :)

22 Jun 2018, 20:42
Metal Guru

xdisciplex wrote:
Flip flop flip flop flip flop... https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ar-program

Everything Trump told us after the Singapore summit, none of it has happened. No meetings the week after, no moves to disarm, nothing. And now this.

NK is still a threat as it has been.

23 Jun 2018, 11:25
Metal Guru

thelostpatrol wrote:
xdisciplex wrote:

Exactly. North Korea's not be magically de-fanged by Trump's hype-filled summit. Diplomacy will continue, but this kind of thing takes years to build. (And just a few days to smash to bits, as proved by the US regime reneging on the Iran nuclear deal.)

23 Jun 2018, 14:40
Metal Guru

23 Jun 2018, 15:16
Metal Guru

Who's this feckless cunt? Oh it's another shitty YouTuber. Got it.

23 Jun 2018, 15:45
Metal Guru

the best part is none of that happened.

23 Jun 2018, 19:21
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
thelostpatrol wrote:
xdisciplex wrote:

Exactly. North Korea's not be magically de-fanged by Trump's hype-filled summit. Diplomacy will continue, but this kind of thing takes years to build. (And just a few days to smash to bits, as proved by the US regime reneging on the Iran nuclear deal.)

And my point, that everything Trump claimed after the summit, was false. He accomplished nothing, and Mattis outed the whole fucking thing. Nothing but PR nonsense.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... tis-admits

23 Jun 2018, 19:27
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

Oh yeah, so now Trump wants to bypass the entire judicial process and just deport people on the spot. Because fuck laws, who needs them? https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -dhs-texas

25 Jun 2018, 06:52
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

The madman has a point - if they aren't Americans and aren't in America when they are caught trying to illegally sneak in, why should they be entitled to use America's justice system to fight to be let in?

25 Jun 2018, 07:45
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
The madman has a point - if they aren't Americans and aren't in America when they are caught trying to illegally sneak in, why should they be entitled to use America's justice system to fight to be let in?

but but but Trump down with Trump.

25 Jun 2018, 12:27
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:

The armband gets tighter and tighter with each passing day it seems.

25 Jun 2018, 13:18
Metal Guru

xdisciplex wrote:
Oh yeah, so now Trump wants to bypass the entire judicial process and just deport people on the spot. Because fuck laws, who needs them? https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -dhs-texas

You'd hate to hear it, but I think the same principle should be applied here.
Why does everything have to be a judicial process like a criminal trial* ?
(*Some irony here, with Trump / Sessions turning it into one.)

Catch and send back - don't treat it like regular immigration, because it isn't. Saying that it is is frankly an insult to all actual immigrants, and actual refugees. Plenty of real refugees out there they could go get, if they wanted.

This "wave of migrants" method is pure abuse of the host country:
- walk (or sail) into another country unannounced & without permission;
- demand that they let you stay regardless of your merit;
- jump the line bypassing all the real refugees and real immigrants who follow the rules and still have to wait months or years to be have their case decided;
- pretend to be a political refugee even if you're not facing genocide or something (most likely your country is just poor, so life is tough in general); invent unverifiable claims
- better yet, if you are in legal trouble in your homeland claim your criminal convictions were political (who nobody can verify), or even better than that - be a political refugee for doing things which would also make you a terrorist enemy of the country you're going to.
- once you enter the host country, use every sort of legal dodge and delaying tactic to make your case drag on for years;
- as the years drag on, maybe get married to a local or have a kid, to serve as an anchor in case they finally reject your case, or to prevent them from rejecting your case
- when all else fails, and you get finally rejected for deportation, A) cry to the media or hide behind other people using the bullshit medieval principle of "sanctuary", B) escape and go on the lam before they can physically remove you.
- Last but not least: if they successfully remove you, just come back again, like it's a game of snakes and ladders.

This is immigration by ambush, where you aren't wanted or needed, and have no legitimate reason to enter, but count on bypassing or just overwhelming the system of the country you claim you want to become a loyal citizen of.

I cannot stress enough how much this behavior harms the prospects of actual immigrants, and actual refugees, who deserve a fair go and don't get it because people lump the good newcomers in with the bad ones.

It's obviously prejudice to assume that the newcomers are all bad. But it is also prejudice to assume that they are all good, as the pro-migration activists do. Treat them like people - and that includes not buying into dishonest ones' bullshit when you could welcome honest people instead.

25 Jun 2018, 13:32
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 50  Next