It is currently 25 May 2018, 15:30



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25  Next
 Canadian Politics Thread: Dumpster Fire edition 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63083
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
Well yeah, that would be the sensical thing to do.

But that's lacking.

As for Scheer, he'll gain more fame as the Federal election gets closer.

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


17 May 2018, 13:39
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
thelostpatrol wrote:
Trudeau is a fucking asshole and will be ousted in 2019 by Scheer. He's doing absolutely nothing useful for Canada.



An asshole replaced by an even bigger asshole? No thanks.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


17 May 2018, 13:40
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 23:16
Posts: 26977
Location: Gloucester, ON (Ottawa)
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
i don't hate trudeau like many of the others here, but "trump is worse" doesn't mean anything as to why i should like him more or less.

at this time there isn't anyone i plan on voting for over trudeau next time, though that may change, but as always my vote is pretty much meaningless in my riding since they've literally never gone anything but liberal anyway.

_________________
Jotun wrote:
Hitler had an opinion

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.


17 May 2018, 13:42
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 72748
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
Rook wrote:
as always my vote is pretty much meaningless in my riding since they've literally never gone anything but liberal anyway.


Swap out Liberal for Conservative, and that's my situation. I may as well vote for Gordon Shumway for all the good it'll do. My riding is overwhelmingly a PC riding and your vote has no say in anything unless it's for the winning party. Since I can't imagine I'd ever vote PC, I'm only voting out of habit now since I know damn well that it's fucking useless and a waste of my time.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


17 May 2018, 13:44
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
Exorcist wrote:
It's kind of like how the last thing that Kathleen Wynne is going to do is put Doug Ford into power just by virtue of her being such garbage, rather than anything particularly good about said PC candidate. All the PCs have to do is not fuck up colossally between now and said elections.



Well, Ford's campaign just broken the election spending laws.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/05/17/ford-under-fire-for-illegally-attending-party-fundraiser-abrupt-departure-of-candidate.html

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/05/16/doug-ford-attended-progressive-conservative-fundraiser-despite-ban.html


Already they've rushed to blame some nobody of a staffer, who's been thrown under this bus.

Still lots of room under there. :lol:

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


17 May 2018, 13:47
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 72748
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
verbalsniper wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
It's kind of like how the last thing that Kathleen Wynne is going to do is put Doug Ford into power just by virtue of her being such garbage, rather than anything particularly good about said PC candidate. All the PCs have to do is not fuck up colossally between now and said elections.



Well, Ford's campaign just broken the election spending laws.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/05/17/ford-under-fire-for-illegally-attending-party-fundraiser-abrupt-departure-of-candidate.html

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/05/16/doug-ford-attended-progressive-conservative-fundraiser-despite-ban.html


Already they've rushed to blame some nobody of a staffer, who's been thrown under this bus.

Still lots of room under there. :lol:


Not gonna matter. Ford will win. I can't see any possible outcome where Ford loses this. Kathleen Wynne and the Liberals ran the best Conservative campaign ever, and all the PCs had to do is sit back and watch it unfold over the years.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


17 May 2018, 13:49
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
Exorcist wrote:
Rook wrote:
as always my vote is pretty much meaningless in my riding since they've literally never gone anything but liberal anyway.


Swap out Liberal for Conservative, and that's my situation. I may as well vote for Gordon Shumway for all the good it'll do. My riding is overwhelmingly a PC riding and your vote has no say in anything unless it's for the winning party. Since I can't imagine I'd ever vote PC, I'm only voting out of habit now since I know damn well that it's fucking useless and a waste of my time.



What can I say? First Past The Post strikes again.
Your vote is likely wasted - so maybe you should go there as a wasted voter ? ;)


Exorcist wrote:
Not gonna matter. Ford will win. I can't see any possible outcome where Ford loses this. Kathleen Wynne and the Liberals ran the best Conservative campaign ever, and all the PCs had to do is sit back and watch it unfold over the years.



Ford would beat Wynne for sure, if the issue was having Wynne around anymore.
But this is now a referendum on Doug Ford - everyone knows Wynne is already toast.

Horvath can still ride that "stop Ford" train to victory. What she needs to do is just openly say that Wynne is already dead; from this point, Horvath should not even mention Wynne's name, only Ford's.

If Ford can win simply by not being Kathleen Wynne, then you'd think Horvath can win by being Not Wynne and also Not Ford.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


Last edited by verbalsniper on 17 May 2018, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.



17 May 2018, 13:50
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 72748
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
verbalsniper wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Rook wrote:
as always my vote is pretty much meaningless in my riding since they've literally never gone anything but liberal anyway.


Swap out Liberal for Conservative, and that's my situation. I may as well vote for Gordon Shumway for all the good it'll do. My riding is overwhelmingly a PC riding and your vote has no say in anything unless it's for the winning party. Since I can't imagine I'd ever vote PC, I'm only voting out of habit now since I know damn well that it's fucking useless and a waste of my time.



What can I say? First Past The Post strikes again.
Your vote is likely wasted - so maybe you should go there as a wasted voter ? ;)


I'll be voting after I finish work, so there is a very good chance that I will smell like Otto's jacket in the voting booth :)

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


17 May 2018, 13:55
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63083
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
The party you vote for is funded by your vote, so it's not a complete waste.

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


17 May 2018, 13:57
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
thelostpatrol wrote:
The party you vote for is funded by your vote, so it's not a complete waste.



Well, there's the solution: you can throw a vote to some screwball fringe party, for a laugh.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


17 May 2018, 14:02
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 23:16
Posts: 26977
Location: Gloucester, ON (Ottawa)
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
verbalsniper wrote:
Horvath can still ride that "stop Ford" train to victory. What she needs to do is just openly say that Wynne is already dead; from this point, Horvath should not even mention Wynne's name, only Ford's.

If Ford can win simply by not being Kathleen Wynne, then you'd think Horvath can win by being Not Wynne and also Not Ford.

that's certainly what the outcome of that "debate" looked like. just stood there smiling while the other 2 morons yelled buzz words at each other and ended up looking like the best one just for not joining in the shit slinging. we'll see how that goes.

thelostpatrol wrote:
The party you vote for is funded by your vote, so it's not a complete waste.

yup. that's why i voted for the libertarian party last election. essentially a useless vote in more ways than one but it would be nice to one day have another right leaning (though more center right than far right) alternative to spur change right of center. as it is regressive social policies and demonization of unions and public sector while glorifying capitalism essentially prevent from ever even considering voting right.

_________________
Jotun wrote:
Hitler had an opinion

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.


17 May 2018, 14:06
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 May 2002, 10:01
Posts: 7771
Location: Quebec City, CA
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
Compilation of Scheer roasting Mr. Man-child at the house of commons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lHajzs6i9M


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkbos_ioNEE


17 May 2018, 14:10
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 23:16
Posts: 26977
Location: Gloucester, ON (Ottawa)
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
all that idiotic editing makes that video unwatchable

_________________
Jotun wrote:
Hitler had an opinion

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.


17 May 2018, 14:30
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 72748
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
verbalsniper wrote:
If Ford can win simply by not being Kathleen Wynne, then you'd think Horvath can win by being Not Wynne and also Not Ford.


You would think so, but people in Ontario are quite stupid.

They will never put another NDP government into power because one NDP gov 20 or 30 years ago sucked. It doesn't matter that both the Libs and PCs have shown themselves to be just as bad if not worse (and in recent, actually relevant times), people will still fall back on the "well, look what happened last time!" without stopping to think that nobody involved in the party then is running shit now. It's like boycotting Germany now because of WWII.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


17 May 2018, 14:36
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63083
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
People say "look what happened last time" because the ideology is the same even if the people are not.

Besides, the left does that to PC by referencing Mulroney all the time as well. See VS posts. :)

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


17 May 2018, 14:49
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 72748
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
thelostpatrol wrote:
Besides, the left does that to PC by referencing Mulroney all the time as well. See VS posts. :)


Sure, but you've gotta do better than "look what happened 20-30 years ago!" if you want to have an even remotely valid position. If people have ideological issues with the NDP, by all means stay away from them in the voting booth. That's why I'll have to proverbially hold my nose when I vote for them. Just don't play it off with that stupid fuckin' "but this happened a long time ago!" card. Stick to the current facts, right?

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


17 May 2018, 14:56
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 23:16
Posts: 26977
Location: Gloucester, ON (Ottawa)
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
pretty sure nevermore were still touring the last time the NDPs held power, some people who voted for them might even have seen them live

_________________
Jotun wrote:
Hitler had an opinion

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.


17 May 2018, 15:11
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63083
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
Exorcist wrote:
thelostpatrol wrote:
Besides, the left does that to PC by referencing Mulroney all the time as well. See VS posts. :)


Sure, but you've gotta do better than "look what happened 20-30 years ago!" if you want to have an even remotely valid position. If people have ideological issues with the NDP, by all means stay away from them in the voting booth. That's why I'll have to proverbially hold my nose when I vote for them. Just don't play it off with that stupid fuckin' "but this happened a long time ago!" card. Stick to the current facts, right?


I agree with you, I just think that you'll be dead from a lack of oxygen if you hold your breath for that.

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


17 May 2018, 15:14
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63083
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
https://www.cp24.com/news/police-id-thi ... -1.3933623

Third beat-em-up D-bag identified, warrant issued.

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


17 May 2018, 16:39
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63083
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/glo ... 7ce6ecccae

Trudeau slammed by WaPo for "appallingly dishonest" NYU speech.

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


17 May 2018, 17:45
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2009, 02:32
Posts: 26407
Location: E 99th & St.Clair
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
Clicked tlp (s) link, got mad.Tell me about Mississauga. Where's the street action?

_________________
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Take your rhythmless Varg-borne black "metal" and shove it up your poser vaginas alongside your Dead Can Dance records.


17 May 2018, 19:43
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
thelostpatrol wrote:
People say "look what happened last time" because the ideology is the same even if the people are not.

Besides, the left does that to PC by referencing Mulroney all the time as well. See VS posts. :)



Except I'm not on the left. :peeved:

Not my fault that Canada's self-declared "right" are a bunch of traitorous stars-and-stripes cucks, who've never had a single belief that didn't originate in the United States.

But I'd tend to agree with one thing: the leaders can be different in how they do things, but the ideologies matter. Especially when there are old policies that they continue

People need to pay attention to what these fuckers say and do when they're not campaigning, because it shows their true colours much more.


Exorcist wrote:
Sure, but you've gotta do better than "look what happened 20-30 years ago!" if you want to have an even remotely valid position. If people have ideological issues with the NDP, by all means stay away from them in the voting booth. That's why I'll have to proverbially hold my nose when I vote for them. Just don't play it off with that stupid fuckin' "but this happened a long time ago!" card. Stick to the current facts, right?



It's not valid to simply harp on it to the point where people ignore the here and now beliefs of all the parties and histories of their leaders.

Does Horvath have to answer for Bob Rae's time in office? No, but but of course if we're playing that game anyway, then Doug Ford has to answer for being a criminal in his own youth, not to mention the enabler of his brother Rob's criminal adulthood.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


Last edited by verbalsniper on 17 May 2018, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.



17 May 2018, 20:00
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
HEY ONTARI-YO-YOS, HERE'S ONE OF THOSE VOTE COMPASS THINGS FOR YA:

https://votecompass.cbc.ca/ontario/home

Give it a shot!

Of course, like all these compass quizzes, the disclaimer is that it's always based on what the candidates / parties public promises and positions - it's not allowed to assume they're lying or proposing things that are contradictory or impossible.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


17 May 2018, 20:07
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63083
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
I came up 60% PC and 40% everyone else except Green which got almost nothing.

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


17 May 2018, 23:15
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 72748
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
thelostpatrol wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
thelostpatrol wrote:
Besides, the left does that to PC by referencing Mulroney all the time as well. See VS posts. :)


Sure, but you've gotta do better than "look what happened 20-30 years ago!" if you want to have an even remotely valid position. If people have ideological issues with the NDP, by all means stay away from them in the voting booth. That's why I'll have to proverbially hold my nose when I vote for them. Just don't play it off with that stupid fuckin' "but this happened a long time ago!" card. Stick to the current facts, right?


I agree with you, I just think that you'll be dead from a lack of oxygen if you hold your breath for that.


Oh I don't hope for it at all. I consider myself a realist to expect anything other than standard political operating procedure.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


18 May 2018, 08:51
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mister slippery and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.