It is currently 25 May 2018, 15:30

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25  Next
 Canadian Politics Thread: Dumpster Fire edition 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Canadian Politics Thread: total scrotal implosion edition
Well yeah, that would be the sensical thing to do.

But that's lacking.

As for Scheer, he'll gain more fame as the Federal election gets closer.

And then be a reflection of their loss

17 May 2018, 13:39
Metal Guru

thelostpatrol wrote:
Trudeau is a fucking asshole and will be ousted in 2019 by Scheer. He's doing absolutely nothing useful for Canada.

An asshole replaced by an even bigger asshole? No thanks.

17 May 2018, 13:40
Metal Guru

i don't hate trudeau like many of the others here, but "trump is worse" doesn't mean anything as to why i should like him more or less.

at this time there isn't anyone i plan on voting for over trudeau next time, though that may change, but as always my vote is pretty much meaningless in my riding since they've literally never gone anything but liberal anyway.

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

17 May 2018, 13:42
Metal Guru

Rook wrote:
as always my vote is pretty much meaningless in my riding since they've literally never gone anything but liberal anyway.

Swap out Liberal for Conservative, and that's my situation. I may as well vote for Gordon Shumway for all the good it'll do. My riding is overwhelmingly a PC riding and your vote has no say in anything unless it's for the winning party. Since I can't imagine I'd ever vote PC, I'm only voting out of habit now since I know damn well that it's fucking useless and a waste of my time.

17 May 2018, 13:44
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
It's kind of like how the last thing that Kathleen Wynne is going to do is put Doug Ford into power just by virtue of her being such garbage, rather than anything particularly good about said PC candidate. All the PCs have to do is not fuck up colossally between now and said elections.

Well, Ford's campaign just broken the election spending laws.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/05/17/ford-under-fire-for-illegally-attending-party-fundraiser-abrupt-departure-of-candidate.html

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/05/16/doug-ford-attended-progressive-conservative-fundraiser-despite-ban.html

Already they've rushed to blame some nobody of a staffer, who's been thrown under this bus.

Still lots of room under there. :lol:

17 May 2018, 13:47
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
It's kind of like how the last thing that Kathleen Wynne is going to do is put Doug Ford into power just by virtue of her being such garbage, rather than anything particularly good about said PC candidate. All the PCs have to do is not fuck up colossally between now and said elections.

Well, Ford's campaign just broken the election spending laws.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/05/17/ford-under-fire-for-illegally-attending-party-fundraiser-abrupt-departure-of-candidate.html

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/05/16/doug-ford-attended-progressive-conservative-fundraiser-despite-ban.html

Already they've rushed to blame some nobody of a staffer, who's been thrown under this bus.

Still lots of room under there. :lol:

Not gonna matter. Ford will win. I can't see any possible outcome where Ford loses this. Kathleen Wynne and the Liberals ran the best Conservative campaign ever, and all the PCs had to do is sit back and watch it unfold over the years.

17 May 2018, 13:49
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Rook wrote:
as always my vote is pretty much meaningless in my riding since they've literally never gone anything but liberal anyway.

Swap out Liberal for Conservative, and that's my situation. I may as well vote for Gordon Shumway for all the good it'll do. My riding is overwhelmingly a PC riding and your vote has no say in anything unless it's for the winning party. Since I can't imagine I'd ever vote PC, I'm only voting out of habit now since I know damn well that it's fucking useless and a waste of my time.

What can I say? First Past The Post strikes again.
Your vote is likely wasted - so maybe you should go there as a wasted voter ? ;)

Exorcist wrote:
Not gonna matter. Ford will win. I can't see any possible outcome where Ford loses this. Kathleen Wynne and the Liberals ran the best Conservative campaign ever, and all the PCs had to do is sit back and watch it unfold over the years.

Ford would beat Wynne for sure, if the issue was having Wynne around anymore.
But this is now a referendum on Doug Ford - everyone knows Wynne is already toast.

Horvath can still ride that "stop Ford" train to victory. What she needs to do is just openly say that Wynne is already dead; from this point, Horvath should not even mention Wynne's name, only Ford's.

If Ford can win simply by not being Kathleen Wynne, then you'd think Horvath can win by being Not Wynne and also Not Ford.

Last edited by verbalsniper on 17 May 2018, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

17 May 2018, 13:50
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Rook wrote:

What can I say? First Past The Post strikes again.
Your vote is likely wasted - so maybe you should go there as a wasted voter ? ;)

I'll be voting after I finish work, so there is a very good chance that I will smell like Otto's jacket in the voting booth :)

17 May 2018, 13:55
Metal Guru

The party you vote for is funded by your vote, so it's not a complete waste.

17 May 2018, 13:57
Metal Guru

thelostpatrol wrote:

Well, there's the solution: you can throw a vote to some screwball fringe party, for a laugh.

17 May 2018, 14:02
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
Horvath can still ride that "stop Ford" train to victory. What she needs to do is just openly say that Wynne is already dead; from this point, Horvath should not even mention Wynne's name, only Ford's.

If Ford can win simply by not being Kathleen Wynne, then you'd think Horvath can win by being Not Wynne and also Not Ford.

that's certainly what the outcome of that "debate" looked like. just stood there smiling while the other 2 morons yelled buzz words at each other and ended up looking like the best one just for not joining in the shit slinging. we'll see how that goes.

thelostpatrol wrote:

yup. that's why i voted for the libertarian party last election. essentially a useless vote in more ways than one but it would be nice to one day have another right leaning (though more center right than far right) alternative to spur change right of center. as it is regressive social policies and demonization of unions and public sector while glorifying capitalism essentially prevent from ever even considering voting right.

17 May 2018, 14:06
Metal Guru

Compilation of Scheer roasting Mr. Man-child at the house of commons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lHajzs6i9M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkbos_ioNEE

17 May 2018, 14:10
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

all that idiotic editing makes that video unwatchable

17 May 2018, 14:30
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:

You would think so, but people in Ontario are quite stupid.

They will never put another NDP government into power because one NDP gov 20 or 30 years ago sucked. It doesn't matter that both the Libs and PCs have shown themselves to be just as bad if not worse (and in recent, actually relevant times), people will still fall back on the "well, look what happened last time!" without stopping to think that nobody involved in the party then is running shit now. It's like boycotting Germany now because of WWII.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

17 May 2018, 14:36
Metal Guru

People say "look what happened last time" because the ideology is the same even if the people are not.

Besides, the left does that to PC by referencing Mulroney all the time as well. See VS posts. :)

17 May 2018, 14:49
Metal Guru

thelostpatrol wrote:
Besides, the left does that to PC by referencing Mulroney all the time as well. See VS posts. :)

Sure, but you've gotta do better than "look what happened 20-30 years ago!" if you want to have an even remotely valid position. If people have ideological issues with the NDP, by all means stay away from them in the voting booth. That's why I'll have to proverbially hold my nose when I vote for them. Just don't play it off with that stupid fuckin' "but this happened a long time ago!" card. Stick to the current facts, right?

17 May 2018, 14:56
Metal Guru

pretty sure nevermore were still touring the last time the NDPs held power, some people who voted for them might even have seen them live

17 May 2018, 15:11
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
thelostpatrol wrote:

Sure, but you've gotta do better than "look what happened 20-30 years ago!" if you want to have an even remotely valid position. If people have ideological issues with the NDP, by all means stay away from them in the voting booth. That's why I'll have to proverbially hold my nose when I vote for them. Just don't play it off with that stupid fuckin' "but this happened a long time ago!" card. Stick to the current facts, right?

I agree with you, I just think that you'll be dead from a lack of oxygen if you hold your breath for that.

17 May 2018, 15:14
Metal Guru

https://www.cp24.com/news/police-id-thi ... -1.3933623

Third beat-em-up D-bag identified, warrant issued.

17 May 2018, 16:39
Metal Guru

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/glo ... 7ce6ecccae

Trudeau slammed by WaPo for "appallingly dishonest" NYU speech.

17 May 2018, 17:45
Metal Guru

Clicked tlp (s) link, got mad.Tell me about Mississauga. Where's the street action?

17 May 2018, 19:43
Metal Guru

thelostpatrol wrote:
People say "look what happened last time" because the ideology is the same even if the people are not.

Except I'm not on the left. :peeved:

Not my fault that Canada's self-declared "right" are a bunch of traitorous stars-and-stripes cucks, who've never had a single belief that didn't originate in the United States.

But I'd tend to agree with one thing: the leaders can be different in how they do things, but the ideologies matter. Especially when there are old policies that they continue

People need to pay attention to what these fuckers say and do when they're not campaigning, because it shows their true colours much more.

Exorcist wrote:

It's not valid to simply harp on it to the point where people ignore the here and now beliefs of all the parties and histories of their leaders.

Does Horvath have to answer for Bob Rae's time in office? No, but but of course if we're playing that game anyway, then Doug Ford has to answer for being a criminal in his own youth, not to mention the enabler of his brother Rob's criminal adulthood.

Last edited by verbalsniper on 17 May 2018, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

17 May 2018, 20:00
Metal Guru

HEY ONTARI-YO-YOS, HERE'S ONE OF THOSE VOTE COMPASS THINGS FOR YA:

https://votecompass.cbc.ca/ontario/home

Give it a shot!

Of course, like all these compass quizzes, the disclaimer is that it's always based on what the candidates / parties public promises and positions - it's not allowed to assume they're lying or proposing things that are contradictory or impossible.

17 May 2018, 20:07
Metal Guru

I came up 60% PC and 40% everyone else except Green which got almost nothing.

17 May 2018, 23:15
Metal Guru

thelostpatrol wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
thelostpatrol wrote:

I agree with you, I just think that you'll be dead from a lack of oxygen if you hold your breath for that.

Oh I don't hope for it at all. I consider myself a realist to expect anything other than standard political operating procedure.

18 May 2018, 08:51
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25  Next