It is currently 25 May 2018, 15:07



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
 News from the EU 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 15:09
Posts: 13074
Post Re: News from the EU
French president to call for American ‘militarism’
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/ ... ess-545090

:rolleyes:


23 Apr 2018, 02:24
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
Domsen wrote:
Alright, then please discuss it here:

verbalsniper wrote:
Domsen wrote:
European Parliament Urges Boycott Of Soccer World Cup In Russia
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04- ... cup-russia

I'm not surprised one bit about this. I won't be surprised, if something in Ukraine or Syria happens directly before or during the World Cup...

Well, Verbalsniper most of those are from european Green parties. They not only want Turkey to join the EU. They also hate their native populations. And just like "no one" expected they want an escalation with Russia.These are your green party movements you like so much.




This supposed World Cup boycott is just sour grapes, a foolish exercise that drags sports into world politics, which it cannot solve.

Who are the next World Cups going to, and how do we measure those countries' crimes against the world?


2022 - Qatar:
Won its bid through the most obvious case of bribery ever seen in the world. A petro-state, so also a climate destroyer (attention, Greens). Supporter of global jihadi terrorism (wannabe rival to Saudi Arabia in this respect). Currently employing slave labour to build its world cup facilities.


2026 - The USA ?
Oh, the list is even longer. Suffice to say, it dwarfs Russia's, with even less remorse. :roll:


So maybe they want to rethink their boycott, lest they step into this quicksand.


Domsen wrote:
French president to call for American ‘militarism’
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/ ... ess-545090

:rolleyes:



And to think, they turned to this guy out of fear of Le Pen. :stupider:

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


23 Apr 2018, 02:53
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 15:09
Posts: 13074
Post Re: News from the EU
Well, I was more thinking about what you have to say about what the green parties are doing.


23 Apr 2018, 03:36
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
I think people will try to find any reason to ignore the main message of all of them:

This world is dying, and the human race cannot go on doing massive damage to it if we want to survive.

Every other thing about them is secondary; relevant to political gamesmanship, but not relevant to the main problem which these parties are the only one serious about solving.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


23 Apr 2018, 12:43
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 15:09
Posts: 13074
Post Re: News from the EU
You mean this serious? Looks like you're not much into the european greens.


24 Apr 2018, 02:10
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
Italy coalition talks falling apart, as Five Star insists on keeping Berlusconi's servitors out of the mix:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/italy-coalition-talks-1.4641434

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


30 Apr 2018, 14:25
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 15:09
Posts: 13074
Post Re: News from the EU
Italy’s 5-Star, League Reach Deal Clearing Way For "Anti-establishment" Government
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... government

Italy, A Parallel Currency, And Immigration – Merkel's Worst Nightmare
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... -nightmare

Italy could blow up Europe as we know it
https://www.politico.eu/article/silvio- ... e-know-it/


15 May 2018, 07:48
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
Domsen wrote:
Italy’s 5-Star, League Reach Deal Clearing Way For "Anti-establishment" Government
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... government

Italy, A Parallel Currency, And Immigration – Merkel's Worst Nightmare
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... -nightmare

Italy could blow up Europe as we know it
https://www.politico.eu/article/silvio- ... e-know-it/



And just in time for the return of that corrupt (even by Italian standards) fuck-faced ass clown:

https://www.politico.eu/article/italian-court-lifts-ban-on-berlusconi-running-for-office-paper-forza-italia/

:puke:

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


15 May 2018, 14:59
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
Quote:
Europe’s ultimate Trump strategy: Appeasement


https://www.politico.eu/article/europes-ultimate-donald-trump-strategy-appeasement-nato-germany-angela-merkel/

TL;DR: They will walk about being more independent from the US, but ultimately cave in like the submissive business-centric fagorts they are. They just don't have the cojones to get into serious conflict with the United States, so Washington will continue to rape Europe up the ass.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


15 May 2018, 15:05
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 15:09
Posts: 13074
Post Re: News from the EU
Looks like the end of the € is near:

Five Star And Lega Ask ECB To Cancel €250 Billion In Debt!
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... llion-debt


The Five star movement is acutally on a financial suicide mission, while the Lega just wanted to get out of the € anyway.

The Five star movement want a universal basic income for everyone.


Here is why this won't work:
Universal Basic Income To The Rescue?
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... ome-rescue

Quote:
"Finland underwent a two-year experiment in basic income where a select group was given the equivalent of $670 a month with no strings attached. The Finish government just ended this program citing very high costs that didn’t yield the intended results. Finance minister Orpo confessed to the Financial Times that the UBI system made people “passive” noting that when they paid people to do nothing, job openings were left unfilled. He concluded, “We have to look at the incentives to work.” Finland has decided against renewing the program at the end of this year. Instead, they have introduced legislation to make some benefits for unemployed people contingent on the completion of worker training. Finland’s failed experiment with UBI hasn’t deterred Italy from delving in the same experiment. The newly empowered Five Star Movement (M5S) had an incredible campaign promise: a guaranteed income of €780 ($960) a month for everyone."


Great Article. Zerohedge has fine articles today.


16 May 2018, 06:01
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 15:09
Posts: 13074
Post Re: News from the EU
verbalsniper wrote:
Domsen wrote:
Italy’s 5-Star, League Reach Deal Clearing Way For "Anti-establishment" Government
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... government

Italy, A Parallel Currency, And Immigration – Merkel's Worst Nightmare
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... -nightmare

Italy could blow up Europe as we know it
https://www.politico.eu/article/silvio- ... e-know-it/



And just in time for the return of that corrupt (even by Italian standards) fuck-faced ass clown:

https://www.politico.eu/article/italian-court-lifts-ban-on-berlusconi-running-for-office-paper-forza-italia/

:puke:




Say what you want about Berlusconi, but his goverment was having a better success economically than Renzi. Okay you can say that's not so hard to achieve, but he delivered.


16 May 2018, 07:38
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63083
Post Re: News from the EU
Tusk: "with friends like that who needs enemies?"

https://twitter.com/eucopresident/statu ... 8062862336

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


16 May 2018, 09:52
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63083
Post Re: News from the EU
Germany's failure to maintain a strong national defense continues:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/201 ... bat-ready/

Quote:
Germany’s Typhoon problem: Only four fighters can be made combat ready

Video: Most of Germany's fighter jets (and tanks and ships and helicopters) are broken.

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


16 May 2018, 10:41
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
Domsen wrote:
verbalsniper wrote:
Domsen wrote:
Italy’s 5-Star, League Reach Deal Clearing Way For "Anti-establishment" Government
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... government

Italy, A Parallel Currency, And Immigration – Merkel's Worst Nightmare
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... -nightmare

Italy could blow up Europe as we know it
https://www.politico.eu/article/silvio- ... e-know-it/



And just in time for the return of that corrupt (even by Italian standards) fuck-faced ass clown:

https://www.politico.eu/article/italian-court-lifts-ban-on-berlusconi-running-for-office-paper-forza-italia/

:puke:




Say what you want about Berlusconi, but his goverment was having a better success economically than Renzi. Okay you can say that's not so hard to achieve, but he delivered.



Berlusconi was always a corrupt shithead. He was involved with Propaganda Due, and the NATO Gladio movement which made sure to turn Italy into a slave of Washington. Soon after that, Tangentopoli and other banking & bribing scandals always had Berlusconi's hand in it. Oh, and last but not least, he supported the Iraq invasion. And you won't see any of that reported honestly by the Italian MSM, which he controls.

Compared to all that, his open racism and penchant for fucking underage girls is the comedy portion of his career.

The guy is a parasite - a bloated diseased tick that has been sucking Italy's blood and infecting it with political disease since the 1980's at least. He needs to fucking die already.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


16 May 2018, 17:48
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63083
Post Re: News from the EU
Berlusconi is a mafioso disguised as a corrupt politician.

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


16 May 2018, 18:01
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
thelostpatrol wrote:
Tusk: "with friends like that who needs enemies?"

https://twitter.com/eucopresident/statu ... 8062862336



Quote:
Looking at latest decisions of @realDonaldTrump someone could even think: with friends like that who needs enemies. But frankly, EU should be grateful. Thanks to him we got rid of all illusions.



Dude's 100% correct on this part. The Europeans need to realize the Americans will always manipulate Europe for their own interests; Europe's actual interests cannot be served by playing second fiddle to a megalomaniac superpower.

Does acknowledging that mean Europe's interests lie in just blindly accepting the ambitions of the EU organization, without any sort of reforms? No. And I'll go further - both these problems stem from the same root cause: European national leaders who feel they owe more allegiance to other nations' elites than to their own people.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


Last edited by verbalsniper on 17 May 2018, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.



16 May 2018, 18:07
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
thelostpatrol wrote:
Germany's failure to maintain a strong national defense continues:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/201 ... bat-ready/

Quote:
Germany’s Typhoon problem: Only four fighters can be made combat ready

Video: Most of Germany's fighter jets (and tanks and ships and helicopters) are broken.



They are having problems with their subs too.

It's so bizarre - Germany makes great tanks, subs, Eurofighters, but seems inept when it comes to using them.

The UK and (barf) Saudis seem to have no problems flying their Eurofighters.
The Italians have the same type of subs, and (despite Italy's military reputation) they have had any reported clusterfucks.
Canada and Netherlands use the same tanks as the Germans, and again, no serious problems there.

The Germans are usually razor-sharp, obsessively competent. Not this time though. :?

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


16 May 2018, 18:13
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63083
Post Re: News from the EU
That's what happens when you put the wellbeing of Auslanders over your own.

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


16 May 2018, 18:32
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
That has nothing to do with it. The problem in this case is probably Germany's ingrained postwar pacifism.

There is probably a lot of internal cronyism and complacency inside their government, only instead of the public & opposition being effective watchdogs, there is an attitude that neglect is better, as if they don't want Germany to ever be good at such things [again].

The push by Merkel to spend 2% of GDP on defense is being framed as an appeasement of Trump. This is how the opposition are portraying it; maybe even how Merkel herself sees it.

And yet, Germany probably needs to bump up to that iconic 2% and strengthen its military - not to please the Americans, but rather to finally have enough clout to cut themselves free from Washington's deranged strategic ambitions. As long as Europe is said to "need" US forces on its own soil to defend itself, then their strategic submission to Washington will continue.

Truth be told, the problem is not that other NATO nations spend too little on defense, but that the US spends way too much. The US deficit is in the trillions, and much of that is thanks to them having way too large a military trying to do too many things.

However, capabilities do not have to be debated as if they were the same as intentions.

Increased European defense spending used to bolster an independent defense posture is a good thing; increased European defense spending used to bolster NATO-branded warmongering is a bad thing.

At the heart of every alliance relationship comes that same cui bono question, which must be settled. Who does it benefit? In terms of the national interest, is an alliance an asset (boosting your own security) or a liability (getting you involved in pointless conflicts for somebody else's benefit)?

Nobody debates this stuff in public anymore. The answer is just assumed to be settled, so nobody challenges the status quo. They need to have these debates out in the open again.

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


16 May 2018, 19:39
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 15:09
Posts: 13074
Post Re: News from the EU
verbalsniper wrote:
thelostpatrol wrote:
Tusk: "with friends like that who needs enemies?"

https://twitter.com/eucopresident/statu ... 8062862336



Quote:
Looking at latest decisions of @realDonaldTrump someone could even think: with friends like that who needs enemies. But frankly, EU should be grateful. Thanks to him we got rid of all illusions.



Dude's 100% correct on this part. The Europeans need to realize the Americans will always manipulate Europe for their own interests; Europe's actual interests cannot be served by playing second fiddle to a megalomaniac superpower.

Does acknowledging that mean Europe's interests lie in just blindly accepting the ambitions of the EU organization, without any sort of reforms? No. And I'll got further - both these problems stem from the same root cause: European national leaders who feel they owe more allegiance to other nations' elites than to their own people.



EU has just turned into an organisation that makes your country fiscally strong enough to join the NATO and that's about all


17 May 2018, 02:24
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2005, 15:09
Posts: 13074
Post Re: News from the EU
thelostpatrol wrote:
That's what happens when you put the wellbeing of Auslanders over your own.


Well, wasn't that the goal of the western WW2 winners from the beginning? :?


17 May 2018, 02:27
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63083
Post Re: News from the EU
Yes, pretty much. Weaken Germany by filling it with people who will exploit it rather than build it up. Job seems to be getting done. It will be up to Germans to become more discerning and reverse the trend.

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


17 May 2018, 09:14
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:12
Posts: 38950
Location: Canada's Pacific Charnel Pit
Post Re: News from the EU
LAbour shoadow foreign minister talks some truths about Syria and other things, is tarred as"controversial"...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/16/emily-thornberry-assad-popularity-syria-interview

_________________
"The truth is unpleasant and therefore unpopular."


17 May 2018, 14:20
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63083
Post Re: News from the EU
I wish her all the best.

She's wrong about Kosovo and Libya though.

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


17 May 2018, 15:17
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 15:51
Posts: 63083
Post Re: News from the EU
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018 ... llies.html

Russo-German Nordstream 2 pipeline moves ahead despite objections from the Western allies.

_________________
We would reveal the only truth
We would make them really sorry
We would show them Sovereignty in true fashion
And then be a reflection of their loss


17 May 2018, 18:08
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.