It is currently 23 Jan 2018, 00:38

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 The orwellian world of the tech giants 
Metal Guru

Post Re: The orwellian world of the tech giants
Yeah that shows with Jobs because Apple didn't appear on the PRISM list until after his death and a year had passed.

"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."

13 Jan 2018, 01:01
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

i appreciate the total data protection with apple as well. may be unfortunate at times but worth it in the long run.

13 Jan 2018, 10:45
Metal Guru

thelostpatrol wrote:
I have always liked Apple's dedication to protecting customer data at any cost. It's currently the number one reason to purchase any Apple product over anything else.

Do you see a connection with the way that people dog-piled onto Blackberry, and the way it happened to have better encryption and privacy for its users (not to mention not being headquartered in the USA)? I always found it odd, that the "aesthetic" / fashionable slagging of BB went hand-in-hand with efforts by many intelligence agencies to throw roadblocks and legal challenges at them. Could be coincidence, but the low-rating of them in the tech media seemed somewhat arbitrary.

It's a moot point now, in any case, since the combination of these things wrecked BB as a device-making business. But with what scant "competition" is left, I don't see how Apple is any more or less guilty of invading its users' privacy (or just allowing it to be invaded) than Google/Android. If they are not letting the government delve too deep, they do it themselves, essentially running privatized intelligence agencies that make phones to basically entice people into letting themselves be spied on.

16 Jan 2018, 14:40
Metal Guru

This is truely orwellian:

Facebook To Start Ranking News Sources, Promote Only The "Most Trustworthy"
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01- ... rustworthy

20 Jan 2018, 04:29
Metal Guru

Zerohedge probably first on the chopping block though eh?

"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."

20 Jan 2018, 06:23
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

22 Jan 2018, 19:29
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
thelostpatrol wrote:
I have always liked Apple's dedication to protecting customer data at any cost. It's currently the number one reason to purchase any Apple product over anything else.

Do you see a connection with the way that people dog-piled onto Blackberry, and the way it happened to have better encryption and privacy for its users (not to mention not being headquartered in the USA)? I always found it odd, that the "aesthetic" / fashionable slagging of BB went hand-in-hand with efforts by many intelligence agencies to throw roadblocks and legal challenges at them. Could be coincidence, but the low-rating of them in the tech media seemed somewhat arbitrary.

It's a moot point now, in any case, since the combination of these things wrecked BB as a device-making business. But with what scant "competition" is left, I don't see how Apple is any more or less guilty of invading its users' privacy (or just allowing it to be invaded) than Google/Android. If they are not letting the government delve too deep, they do it themselves, essentially running privatized intelligence agencies that make phones to basically entice people into letting themselves be spied on.

Why are they not less guilty? They've been leading anti-government snooping efforts as far as Silicon Valley goes.

22 Jan 2018, 22:16
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11