It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 01:08

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 U.S. Politics - Thermonuclear Dotard Edition 
Metal Guru

Post Re: U.S. Politics - Thermonuclear Dotard Edition
phencyclidine wrote:
there's damn well more than 4k racists in this country boy howdy.

I said all 4000 white supremacists.

Of course there are more people who are racists. In fact, I think almost everybody is a little bit racist in some way or another.

12 Oct 2017, 21:54
Metal Guru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... L2lJ2F9BN4

12 Oct 2017, 21:59
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
phencyclidine wrote:
there's damn well more than 4k racists in this country boy howdy.

I said all 4000 white supremacists.

Of course there are more people who are racists. In fact, I think almost everybody is a little bit racist in some way or another.

The key word here is "almost". You know why? Because spewing hate or deriding others because of their ethnicity/religion/sex isn't what intelligent, mature people do. Thank god Trump is smart enough to rise above such petty behavior.

Blackjebus wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=82&v=7L2lJ2F9BN4

Goddamn it Bagel.

13 Oct 2017, 01:29
Metal Guru

https://campaigns.organizefor.org/petit ... letes-back

Pay it back campaign, estimated $200,000 cost for his pissy pathetic little stunt. Egregious waste of taxpayer dollars that should come out of his own pocket.

"My soul music isn't a style, genre or niche. It's music that is genuine. It's a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it's a harrowing vocal, it's feedback, it's an anthem, it's a love song, it's anarchy."

13 Oct 2017, 02:58
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

Rottenrocker wrote:
The key word here is "almost".

Lemme guess - you believe that all conservatives are prejudiced (and that many left-wingers are as well), but you are completely above that sort of thing.

13 Oct 2017, 08:24
Metal King

The amount of elitism in this thread is astounding.

Exorcist wrote:
I once deliberately crop dusted a child at a Walmart and I will fucking well do it again if the opportunity arises

13 Oct 2017, 09:48
Headbanger

This board is seriously the best argument for the anonymity-model of social networking to be done away with forever. Fuck me.

Crazy that we're all supposed to be adults here.

13 Oct 2017, 10:53
Metal Guru

Disrupticon wrote:
This board is seriously the best argument for the anonymity-model of social networking to be done away with forever. Fuck me.

I disagree.

In a world full of pissy, self important twats who think it's OK to go after somebody's livlihood or dox them just because they got their feelings hurt, anonymity is key. Fuck the hive mind right in the urethra.

13 Oct 2017, 10:55
Headbanger

You can say whatever you want in this world, I strongly believe that, but you also have to be accountable.

In a thread where people complain that people's livelihoods are put at stake, it's kind of rich to see those same people immediately go after and demand the firing football players who refuse to stand for an anthem, a symbolic representation of artificial lines on a map, artificial lines on a map that were taken by force.

But of course, a few career bands having their shows shut down is much more paramount than the clear threats to the first amendment that have been manifesting in the US for some time now. Of fucking course...

Last edited by Disrupticon on 13 Oct 2017, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.

13 Oct 2017, 11:03
Metal Guru

Yeah, I don't need crazy fuckheads showing up at my house and violently attacking my family because someone online is telling them we are a family of "neo-Nazis".

If you disagree with what someone is saying, then attack they are saying. You REALLY don't need to know about someone's personal life to hold a political discussion. Not at all.

13 Oct 2017, 11:03
Metal Guru

i can see why you'd feel that way :lol:

hey at least lame duck trump declared victory in the war on christmas today. he actually HAS accomplished something. :roll:

13 Oct 2017, 11:09
Headbanger

I'm not sure attacking ideas can coexist with compulsive goalpost shifting, but alright.

Another day safe for democracy: NRA opposes bump fire stocks bills in Congress..
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/12/polit ... index.html

Last edited by Disrupticon on 13 Oct 2017, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

13 Oct 2017, 11:10
Metal Guru

phencyclidine wrote:
i can see why you'd feel that way :lol:

I won't name names, but just look at how some people on this board have lost their shit over some comments I made, and have admitted elsewhere that it makes them happy to see people get physically assaulted who share those views.

Many people on the political left have justified and embraced the idea that physical violent assaults are simply a type of expression of political views (instead of categorizing it as criminal violence)

13 Oct 2017, 11:19
Metal Guru

Disrupticon wrote:
You can say whatever you want in this world, I strongly believe that, but you also have to be accountable.

In a thread where people complain that people's livelihoods are put at stake, it's kind of rich to see those same people immediately go after and demand the firing football players who refuse to stand for an anthem, a symbolic representation of artificial lines on a map, artificial lines on a map that were taken by force.

But of course, a few career bands having their shows shut down is much more paramount than the clear threats to the first amendment that have been manifesting in the US for some time now. Of fucking course...

Totally agree with the underlined portion.

13 Oct 2017, 11:29
Headbanger

Jebus, since you seem hung up on the use of political violence, I am curious about what you think of the right-wing sabotage campaign carried out against several music venues in the US and Canada involving the use of doxxing, intimidation, arson threats...etc that happened earlier this year in the wake of the Oakland fire. If you need more context- look up the Alt Right Safety Squad.

Be as long and as honest as you want, but people at pains to talk about free speech have been suspiciously quiet about it.

13 Oct 2017, 11:31
Metal Guru

Disrupticon wrote:
Jebus, since you seem hung up on the use of political violence, I am curious about what you think of the right-wing sabotage campaign carried out against several music venues in the US and Canada involving the use of doxxing, intimidation, arson threats...etc that happened earlier this year in the wake of the Oakland fire. If you need more context- look up the Alt Right Safety Squad.

I am 100% against that.

Censorship in any form is bullshit. Censorship through violence, threats, and coercion makes it worse.

To be perfectly honest, I never heard about the existence of this "Alt Right Safety Squad" (just never read anything by people reporting it). I am certainly not going to defend what they do. And even if someone would vote the same as me, it certainly doesn't make me support them or what they stand for.

Last edited by Blackjebus on 13 Oct 2017, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

13 Oct 2017, 11:36
Metal Guru

yet.

13 Oct 2017, 11:37
Metal Guru

Yet what?

13 Oct 2017, 11:38
Metal Guru

it was before your edit when your last sentence was "i am certainly not going to defend what they do"

13 Oct 2017, 11:39
Metal Guru

My entire life I have advocated for free speech and opposed censorship. Politically-motivated violence goes completely against that, and I speak against it in all forms. If you haven't noticed me do that, you need to pay closer attention. It's not a "right vs left" issue - political violence and censorship strips the rights away from ALL people.

13 Oct 2017, 11:44
Metal Guru

Disrupticon wrote:

Can you please elaborate on this point a bit?

13 Oct 2017, 12:07
Metal Guru

Blackjebus wrote:
Disrupticon wrote:

I am 100% against that.

Censorship in any form is bullshit. Censorship through violence, threats, and coercion makes it worse.

To be perfectly honest, I never heard about the existence of this "Alt Right Safety Squad" (just never read anything by people reporting it). I am certainly not going to defend what they do. And even if someone would vote the same as me, it certainly doesn't make me support them or what they stand for.

You mean... you're against antifa but you're not all for alt-right safety squad? LAIR! RACIST!

13 Oct 2017, 14:21
Headbanger

What's your point?

13 Oct 2017, 16:24
Metal Guru

Disrupticon wrote:
What's your point?

You know exactly what my point is.

13 Oct 2017, 16:27
Headbanger

Blackjebus wrote:
Disrupticon wrote:

I am 100% against that.

Fair enough. I figured it wasn't something you'd heard about because I doubt a great deal of this board are regulars at many DIY venues.

13 Oct 2017, 16:27
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next