It is currently 16 Aug 2017, 10:32

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
 Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition. 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Stop Whining!: Arny in an Action Comedy Edition.
Man when I go out now and get hammered and stay up late and don't sleep in my own bed my recovery time pretty much doubles. I'm out for the day. I don't get sick or nauteous or anything when I'm hungover... I just get crazy tired and sluggish. But if I sleep in my own bed, I'm pretty much good to go the next day. Weird.

12 Mar 2017, 22:49
Metal Guru

It's official. I have caught my first virus in almost two years. Same as always... starts with a sore throat and sinus infection... balloon head... will move to chest before it clears up. Sometimes lose my voice too.

The sauna and showers have been down at the gym for a few weeks because of a burst pipe so I haven't been going.... I attribute this to no sauna.

FIX THAT SHIT ALREADY!

14 Mar 2017, 13:15
Metal Guru

Doc gave me a tetanus shot on Monday. It still hurts to raise my right arm to shoulder level. The needle didn't even hurt, but here am I like an incredible pussy with a close to useless right arm. Thankfully it's not interfering with my guitar playing - just with actually getting the strap over my shoulder :lol:

15 Mar 2017, 11:09
Metal Guru

Just whining, cuz this was underneath the political thread.

16 Mar 2017, 21:43
Metal Guru

I think my sweet, sweet shift of 7am to 3:15pm is going to be coming to a close and getting bumped back by two or three hours soon. It sure was a nice ride while it lasted :(

17 Mar 2017, 06:23
Metal Guru

I can't grow a beard. Stupid inferior genetics.

17 Mar 2017, 13:42
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:

beards are the best.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

20 Mar 2017, 21:27
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:

I've tried three times to grow a beard and it just never gets beyond the unruly goatee stage. So you're not alone my throwback compadre!

20 Mar 2017, 21:49
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:

I never go all out but my facial hair seems more wiry and Asian than is normal for any white man. But I've had people insist that if I just keep going it will all come together nicely. Perhaps they are right. I shave my head every two weeks and trim down my beard to stubble at the same time so it never gets more that 2 weeks anymore. I basically have scruff for a week+ and then I think it starts to look kind of stupid and wiry. At least in my opinion.

20 Mar 2017, 22:26
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Exorcist wrote:

I never go all out but my facial hair seems more wiry and Asian than is normal for any white man. But I've had people insist that if I just keep going it will all come together nicely. Perhaps they are right. I shave my head every two weeks and trim down my beard to stubble at the same time so it never gets more that 2 weeks anymore. I basically have scruff for a week+ and then I think it starts to look kind of stupid and wiry. At least in my opinion.

My goatee is fine, but other than that I just get random hairs on my face. Patchy would be a major upgrade. My ancestors must have been sickly or dutch.

21 Mar 2017, 07:17
Metal Guru

Have to have my brakes done tomorrow, so need to take the day off. Rear driver side is grinding since the weekend, so I assume all the others are close to done too. Might as well just get them all done right now. $315 plus tax, labour included. Lame but necessary obviously.

21 Mar 2017, 10:40
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
Exorcist wrote:

My goatee is fine, but other than that I just get random hairs on my face. Patchy would be a major upgrade. My ancestors must have been sickly or dutch.

Mine's not Billy Mays dense, but it's passable. My dad looks very much like he belongs on a box of beard dye though. His facial hair has the density of a dying sun.

21 Mar 2017, 14:31
Metal Guru

I do not want to be marinating in this fart at all.

22 Mar 2017, 08:50
Metal Guru

Dentist: "Wow, your gums are are pretty inflamed"
Me, thinking: "Maybe it's because you just stabbed them 5 fucking times."

22 Mar 2017, 16:45
Metal Guru

No one knows what to think of me. I rubberband between the most limp-wristed fuck you've ever met, and the most dominant alpha male you can imagine, and everything inbetween. I have no fucking idea what's wrong with me. You meet me on day 1, on day 2 you either hate me or are in love with me. For dudes, on day 15 you're questioning your sexuality.

I'm like a disease. I worm my way inside of you, and you're not quite right after. That's why so few of you know me. It's not intimidation or lack of social grace, it's that I can't schedule anything in advance.

What the fuck causes this?

26 Mar 2017, 16:25
Metal Guru

sugar cereals.

26 Mar 2017, 17:41
Metal Guru

I'm not sure there is anything more frustrating as an able bodied human than stubbing your toe like a jerk. Especially when it's bad. I stubbed my middle toe late Saturday night before I went to bed at my friend's place and didn't really recall doing it when I woke up and felt the pain. Then a faint memory came to me and a stubbing sounded familiar, but couldn't recall what I stubbed it on. It's getting better already but it's black and blue.

What I will also whine about is the fact that when I get really drunk now, I actually do have trouble recalling the 'end of the night' so to speak. That never used to happen to me. I always remembered shit, and would for sure remember exactly what I did to my toe. Maybe it's from smoking more weed when I drink now or something.

27 Mar 2017, 21:34
Metal Guru

When you wake up with one pant leg off, taco sauce on your shirt and your friends tell you how much of an asshole you were the night before, you might want to reevaluate your party time. Until then, get fucking ripped.

27 Mar 2017, 23:02
Metal Guru

:)

It's just new to me... the forgetfulness. I don't like it, but get it's super common with the vast majority of people.

28 Mar 2017, 10:30
Metal Guru

they catch the piece of shit yet Rocky?

Rottenrocker wrote:
Nazis don't discriminate.

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

29 Mar 2017, 11:15
Metal Guru

I've read the Toronto Star for years. I can't pinpoint exactly when it happened, but that paper has really started running down the road towards being a Huffington Post-quality blog rather than a newspaper. I swear they're more concerned with social engineering than with reporting. Hopefully they turn that shit around, fire most of their columnists and hire actual journalists again.

05 Apr 2017, 07:26
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
I've read the Toronto Star for years. I can't pinpoint exactly when it happened, but that paper has really started running down the road towards being a Huffington Post-quality blog rather than a newspaper. I swear they're more concerned with social engineering than with reporting. Hopefully they turn that shit around, fire most of their columnists and hire actual journalists again.

IMHO, they try so hard to be the Manchester Guardian. Awww ...

05 Apr 2017, 15:09
Metal Guru

I'm getting a cold and my throat hurts. This sucks. :(

05 Apr 2017, 22:00
Metal Guru

Rook wrote:
they catch the piece of shit yet Rocky?

No...buy the process could take a while. I did do a follow up with the news and it's no part of crime stoppers, which includes a reward. Last I talked to the investigating officer, they were cleaning up the camera footage from the business' security cameras. Like everything, they prioritize based upon severity ( not that the hit and run wasn't major) homicides and other death related cases get priority.

05 Apr 2017, 22:15
Metal Guru

verbalsniper wrote:
Exorcist wrote:

IMHO, they try so hard to be the Manchester Guardian. Awww ...

I don't know that I've ever read the Manchester Guardian, but I think I get the gist of what you're saying :lol:

The bitch of it is that the Toronto Sun is just as bad as the Star (albeit to the right instead of the left), and I really don't feel like coughing up for a subscription to the National Post just to get something that at least resembles meeting in the middle.

edit: I didn't realize The Guardian is The Manchester Guardian. I get it now :m: :roll:

06 Apr 2017, 07:00
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next