It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 16:45

Lvcifyre/Adversarial/Azothyst T.O. 09/29 
Metal Guru

Location: Spitting darts from the tip of a glacier used for my hideout
Post Lvcifyre/Adversarial/Azothyst T.O. 09/29
https://www.facebook.com/events/302956903799465/

"Thus far I had succumbed supinely to this imperious domination. The sentiment of deep awe with which I habitually regarded their elevated character, their majestic wisdom, their apparent omnipresence and omnipotence, added to a feeling of even terror, with which certain other traits in their nature and assumptions inspired me, had operated, hitherto, to impress me with an idea of my own utter weakness and helplessness, and to suggest an implicit, although bitterly reluctant submission to their arbitrary will. But, of late days, I had given myself up entirely to wine; and its maddening influence upon my hereditary temper rendered me more and more impatient of control. I began to murmur, - to hesitate -, to resist. And was it only fancy which induced me to believe that, with the increase of my own firmness, that of my tormentor underwent a proportional diminution? Be this as it may, I now began to feel the inspiration of a burning hope, and at length nurtured in my secret thoughts a stern and desperate resolution that I would submit no longer to be enslaved."

LVCIFYRE (London UK, Dark Descent Records)
*black/death night sea sorcerers, first North American shows*
https://lvcifyre.bandcamp.com/

ADVERSARIAL (Toronto ON, Dark Descent Records)
*death/black knife nihilists, rare local appearance*
https://www.adversarial.ca/

AZOTHYST (Toronto ON)
*death/black total local monopoly, members of Sortilegia/Adversarial*
https://demoincoming.checkbacksoon.gov

$20 advance
E-tickets: https://www.showpass.com/lvcifyretoronto (available now)
Will call: briefcaseshow@gmail.com (available now)

ALL AGES

Join our group for infrequent and non-invasive updates!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/501020146623173/

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Nothing more for me in this thread, my kale is done steaming anyway.

Last edited by ingenting on 27 Sep 2018, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

20 Aug 2018, 21:29
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Post Re: Lvcifyre/Adversarial/Azothyst T.O. 09/29
There is so much strange about this. It being at a brewery, and it being All Ages.

How did this all come about? It's curious.

20 Aug 2018, 22:27
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
There is so much strange about this. It being at a brewery, and it being All Ages.

There is really no reason why most shows can't be all ages besides the desire for most venues to have as many people who will buy alcohol on the premises as possible. Venues with a lower capacity generally see any underaged heads as taking up limited space for drinkers, and will charge fees that are prohibitively high to discourage it. In this case we have the space and as long as they are not drinking there is no legal reason why those under nineteen shouldn't be in the room, so why not? The lack of all ages shows in Toronto is depressing so when the opportunity is there I'll take it, though the irony was not lost on me! Basically this supposed "music city" is a mess so fuck it.

Rocky Dennis wrote:

20 Aug 2018, 22:38
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

ingenting wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

There is really no reason why most shows can't be all ages besides the desire for most venues to have as many people who will buy alcohol on the premises as possible. Venues with a lower capacity generally see any underaged heads as taking up limited space for drinkers, and will charge fees that are prohibitively high to discourage it. In this case we have the space and as long as they are not drinking there is no legal reason why those under nineteen shouldn't be in the room, so why not? The lack of all ages shows in Toronto is depressing so when the opportunity is there I'll take it, though the irony was not lost on me! Basically this supposed "music city" is a mess so fuck it.

I was more curious about how it ended up at Rainhard rather than the all ages thing. But they yeah having all ages at a brewery is the strangest part I suppose lol.

21 Aug 2018, 12:38
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
ingenting wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

I was more curious about how it ended up at Rainhard rather than the all ages thing. But they yeah having all ages at a brewery is the strangest part I suppose lol.

It was a pretty wild series of events that lead to this actually so I will attempt a brief summary. Countless venues in Toronto have closed in the last few months and as such most weekends were booked at the usual spots well in advance. I knew this show had to happen so I began seeking out some more unconventional locations - some of these places proved to be promising leads for stuff later in the year while many others went nowhere or were already booked for this date. While all of this was happening I also confirmed the Inferno show at the Jam Factory, which led to a discussion about potential sponsorships from local craft breweries. It just so happens that a childhood friend of mine works at Rainhard, and he basically got me into death metal, so I figured I'd reach out to them as if I was ever going to bring in a "sponsor", an old-school metal craft brewer who I've hung out with and gigged with for years was as good as it was going to get! We had a meeting at which point the fact that they had a giant space they could host shows in came up, and the rest is history! Furthermore the beer is tasty as fuck.

Rocky Dennis wrote:

21 Aug 2018, 16:45
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Good shit.

23 Aug 2018, 10:25
Metal Guru

Less than two weeks away!

Rocky Dennis wrote:

18 Sep 2018, 11:21
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Two days away!

Rocky Dennis wrote:

27 Sep 2018, 02:58
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Can't wait for this. Will be there.

27 Sep 2018, 13:28
Profile ICQ