It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 16:46

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
when he reveals himself when he reveals himself.

24 Aug 2018, 05:41
Metal Guru

Reanimated wrote:
Only downside is that Immolation play around here all the time anyways, versus Pestilence who never does... but Immolation is also one of the most crushing live death metal bands anyways... so, whatever, winning situation.

I've only seen them once at Decibel. The best Decibel. Don't really recall when they were here last but it probably wasn't that long ago, and definitely wasn't a headlining spot.

Are you going to this?

24 Aug 2018, 10:34
Metal Guru

Just decided to not go to this one in the end. Nothing against the line-up but with Graveland the week before and Suffocation Farewell show with Frank the week after I had to make some choices eh.

And then Messe des Morts the month after which I am definitely going to...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leave+the+hall

27 Aug 2018, 12:23
Metal Guru

It's too far a drive for me to go to that Graveland show. In such a weird place too. It's be like them playing in Parry Sound here or something. Super cool, but just too far. LIke a 10 hour drive or something. Too much to do solo.

Messe des Morts lineup is better than last year in terms of quality so far I'd say, but that's due to the Quebec bands and Sortilegia, all of whom I've seen (some more than once). Svartidaudi and Negative Plane is cool too though. Still, not enough to get me out there for it. I'll see what happens with the final band announcements.

27 Aug 2018, 12:39
Metal Guru

Yeah I will mostly go for Svartidaudi and Negative Plane. If they are on the same night I'll probably just attend this one. :) I doubt it though!

27 Aug 2018, 13:36
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
It's too far a drive for me to go to that Graveland show. In such a weird place too. It's be like them playing in Parry Sound here or something. Super cool, but just too far. LIke a 10 hour drive or something. Too much to do solo.

Messe des Morts lineup is better than last year in terms of quality so far I'd say, but that's due to the Quebec bands and Sortilegia, all of whom I've seen (some more than once). Svartidaudi and Negative Plane is cool too though. Still, not enough to get me out there for it. I'll see what happens with the final band announcements.

I can't seem to find any info on that Graveland show.

28 Aug 2018, 14:17
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

herra_af_lik wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

Yep lol.

28 Aug 2018, 20:19
Metal Guru

They play your mom basement.

Last edited by ArckAngeLL on 30 Aug 2018, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

29 Aug 2018, 12:06
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
herra_af_lik wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

Yep lol.

Trying to keep everyone's favourite radicals away? :8D:

Thanks a lot ArckAngeLL... You blew it, they're on their way by foot now... and bus.

30 Aug 2018, 04:44
Metal Guru

Reanimated wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
herra_af_lik wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

Yep lol.

Trying to keep everyone's favourite radicals away? :8D:

Thanks a lot ArckAngeLL... You blew it, they're on their way by foot now... and bus.

And ArckAngeLL was the one that messaged me about it a while about and said it was being pretty hush hush lol. :lol:

30 Aug 2018, 11:45
Metal Guru

Didn't know this guy was a hippie as I don't post here enough. Though it was someone into the band like a bunch of folks here. Didn't see any harm to post about it since it could interest a couple of guys here and other than that this place has no trafic. Oh well.

Anyway I would not recommend this guy to make it all the way to protest as this is one place I would not like to get in a fight. He and his friends will feel pretty alone in that shithole. :)

30 Aug 2018, 13:39
Metal Guru

Lol he was just joking. Antifa is ghey as fuck and would never treck out that way to actually stand up for their cause. THey only do it from behind keyboards and when it's convenient.

30 Aug 2018, 14:25
Metal Guru

I just booked my train ticket to/from Montreal. My hotel and vacation days have been booked for awhile now. Fuck yeah. The only connection I need to make is in Toronto, and I'll only have to wait around for about 45 minutes. Not bad, not bad :m:

01 Sep 2018, 20:15
Metal Guru

What time is your train? I usually try and head out from Oshawa around noon, get there about 5pm. Hotel check in then right to the show.

I am 100% going to this. MdM didn't tickle my pickle nearly enough.

02 Sep 2018, 18:14
Metal Guru

My connecting train leaves Toronto at 9:20am on the 18th. I should be in Montreal right around 2:30pm :m:

03 Sep 2018, 09:11
Metal Guru

Oh yeah I forgot about the Thursday night. Have they announced the bands yet?

I'm just doing Fri/Sat.

03 Sep 2018, 13:34
Metal Guru

I haven't heard about anything on the Thurs, I just don't want to travel and then go to a gig the same night :)

03 Sep 2018, 14:44
Metal Guru

Perfect you can meet me at the train station waving a hanky as we pull in.

03 Sep 2018, 23:23
Metal Guru

Just looking at train tickets now. Shit, Via Rail prices have gone up it seems since last year. I'm going to wait until next Tuesday when they have deals (they usually don't to Montreal) and see what's up, then purchase.

05 Sep 2018, 11:58
Metal Guru

Fuck it, I purchased the round trip. There was an 8:55am train leaving Montreal for $45. It's early, but I prefer to be home at a reasonable time. Usually I leave around 10 or a 11. I always make sure to book the short trips too. Under 5 hours.

Oshawa > Montreal on Friday at Noon = $88.

Montreal > Oshawa on Sunday at 8:55am = $45.

Pretty good actually. There is a train leaving at 9am as well, it's over 6 hours, and it costs over $100. How to fuck to the cost jump so much with a 5 minute difference? And then every other one after that is longer and more expensive. An extra hour isn't worth that lol.

05 Sep 2018, 12:24
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Fuck it, I purchased the round trip. There was an 8:55am train leaving Montreal for $45. It's early, but I prefer to be home at a reasonable time. Usually I leave around 10 or a 11. I always make sure to book the short trips too. Under 5 hours.

Oshawa > Montreal on Friday at Noon = $88.

Montreal > Oshawa on Sunday at 8:55am = $45.

Pretty good actually. There is a train leaving at 9am as well, it's over 6 hours, and it costs over $100. How to fuck to the cost jump so much with a 5 minute difference? And then every other one after that is longer and more expensive. An extra hour isn't worth that lol.

:m:

I'll be leaving Montreal on the Monday after the fest at around 6:30am or something retarded like that. I much prefer to get my commuting done early on travel days, though. I figure until I'm to wherever I'm going, I can't do shit with my day anyhow since I'd have to be at my departure by whatever time. I learned after MDF and a couple of Wackens that if I don't absolutely need to leave wherever I'm staying the morning after a festival, I'm staying put. Travelling sucks balls, but doing it when you're beat to shit and exhausted is so, so much worse :lol:

05 Sep 2018, 13:55
Metal Guru

Lol I do the same thing every year when I go. Arrive just in time for the show. Leave early Sunday morning. In and out. Then I'm only paying for two night of hotel as well. Which I should probably get to booking now too.

05 Sep 2018, 14:19
Metal Guru

Pro tip: always book your hotel as soon as you're even thinking of going to a festival/gig that's out of town. Watch for hotels that have no cancellation fee (generally up to 24 hours before your first night) and book yourself a room right away. If shit goes tits up you can always cancel, but if you wait too long to book you could find yourself fucked for a decent room. I've got my hotel for MDF 2019 booked and I still don't have my tickets for the festival :lol:

05 Sep 2018, 14:28
Metal Guru

Yeah I always make sure I book a hotel room I'm able to cancel. The thing is though, every time I've gone to Wings of Metal or Messe des Morts, there is always a 'festival hotel' that the organizers block of a chunk of rooms for festival goers so it's never an issue finding a decent hotel.

Doesn't look like that's happening for QDF though, which is actually kind of strange. It's cool being int he same hotel and running into people from the bands and everyone else you're at the fest with.

I have an idea of which hotel I want to stay at though, since they didn't do that.

05 Sep 2018, 14:54
Metal Guru

L'hotel is booked! And I got a room at the one I wanted and mentioned above. Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, a small place, a room with a kitchenette. Stumbling distance right across the street from great garbage food in La Belle Province. 5min walk from Katacombes, 2min from Foufs, 1 minute from Mtelus. Free cancellation this time up until Oct. 17th, which I've never seen here for this price, $125 a night. Perfect location right at St. Laurent and St. Catherines. Love this little place, and it's familiarity. Much prefer it to the coldness and staleness I personally find with larger chains and larger hotels in general.

:beer:

Expedia said one room left, but I'm sure that's the "BOOK NOW OR YOU'RE FUCKED!" bullshit routine. :lol:

13 Sep 2018, 15:17
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next