It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 16:46



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2004, 08:29
Posts: 21737
Location: nj
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
when he reveals himself when he reveals himself.

_________________
did that butter churn just move? cause if it did.....


24 Aug 2018, 05:41
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Reanimated wrote:
Only downside is that Immolation play around here all the time anyways, versus Pestilence who never does... but Immolation is also one of the most crushing live death metal bands anyways... so, whatever, winning situation.


I've only seen them once at Decibel. The best Decibel. Don't really recall when they were here last but it probably wasn't that long ago, and definitely wasn't a headlining spot.

Are you going to this?


24 Aug 2018, 10:34
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Mar 2002, 17:21
Posts: 13843
Location: Where Metalpunk rules supreme
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Just decided to not go to this one in the end. Nothing against the line-up but with Graveland the week before and Suffocation Farewell show with Frank the week after I had to make some choices eh.

And then Messe des Morts the month after which I am definitely going to...

_________________
Tyrannorabbit wrote:
Get a face tattoo, that'll help


http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leave+the+hall


27 Aug 2018, 12:23
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
It's too far a drive for me to go to that Graveland show. In such a weird place too. It's be like them playing in Parry Sound here or something. Super cool, but just too far. LIke a 10 hour drive or something. Too much to do solo.

Messe des Morts lineup is better than last year in terms of quality so far I'd say, but that's due to the Quebec bands and Sortilegia, all of whom I've seen (some more than once). Svartidaudi and Negative Plane is cool too though. Still, not enough to get me out there for it. I'll see what happens with the final band announcements.


27 Aug 2018, 12:39
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Mar 2002, 17:21
Posts: 13843
Location: Where Metalpunk rules supreme
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Yeah I will mostly go for Svartidaudi and Negative Plane. If they are on the same night I'll probably just attend this one. :) I doubt it though!

_________________
Tyrannorabbit wrote:
Get a face tattoo, that'll help


http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leave+the+hall


27 Aug 2018, 13:36
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2006, 16:19
Posts: 18481
Location: Toronto
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Blasphomet wrote:
It's too far a drive for me to go to that Graveland show. In such a weird place too. It's be like them playing in Parry Sound here or something. Super cool, but just too far. LIke a 10 hour drive or something. Too much to do solo.

Messe des Morts lineup is better than last year in terms of quality so far I'd say, but that's due to the Quebec bands and Sortilegia, all of whom I've seen (some more than once). Svartidaudi and Negative Plane is cool too though. Still, not enough to get me out there for it. I'll see what happens with the final band announcements.


I can't seem to find any info on that Graveland show.

_________________
I'm not rude, you're just insignificant.

Image


28 Aug 2018, 14:17
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
herra_af_lik wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
It's too far a drive for me to go to that Graveland show. In such a weird place too. It's be like them playing in Parry Sound here or something. Super cool, but just too far. LIke a 10 hour drive or something. Too much to do solo.

Messe des Morts lineup is better than last year in terms of quality so far I'd say, but that's due to the Quebec bands and Sortilegia, all of whom I've seen (some more than once). Svartidaudi and Negative Plane is cool too though. Still, not enough to get me out there for it. I'll see what happens with the final band announcements.


I can't seem to find any info on that Graveland show.


Yep lol.


28 Aug 2018, 20:19
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Mar 2002, 17:21
Posts: 13843
Location: Where Metalpunk rules supreme
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
They play your mom basement.

_________________
Tyrannorabbit wrote:
Get a face tattoo, that'll help


http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leave+the+hall


Last edited by ArckAngeLL on 30 Aug 2018, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.



29 Aug 2018, 12:06
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 23 May 2003, 20:00
Posts: 12755
Location: Oshawa
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Blasphomet wrote:
herra_af_lik wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
It's too far a drive for me to go to that Graveland show. In such a weird place too. It's be like them playing in Parry Sound here or something. Super cool, but just too far. LIke a 10 hour drive or something. Too much to do solo.

Messe des Morts lineup is better than last year in terms of quality so far I'd say, but that's due to the Quebec bands and Sortilegia, all of whom I've seen (some more than once). Svartidaudi and Negative Plane is cool too though. Still, not enough to get me out there for it. I'll see what happens with the final band announcements.


I can't seem to find any info on that Graveland show.


Yep lol.


Trying to keep everyone's favourite radicals away? :8D:

Thanks a lot ArckAngeLL... You blew it, they're on their way by foot now... and bus.


30 Aug 2018, 04:44
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Reanimated wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
herra_af_lik wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
It's too far a drive for me to go to that Graveland show. In such a weird place too. It's be like them playing in Parry Sound here or something. Super cool, but just too far. LIke a 10 hour drive or something. Too much to do solo.

Messe des Morts lineup is better than last year in terms of quality so far I'd say, but that's due to the Quebec bands and Sortilegia, all of whom I've seen (some more than once). Svartidaudi and Negative Plane is cool too though. Still, not enough to get me out there for it. I'll see what happens with the final band announcements.


I can't seem to find any info on that Graveland show.


Yep lol.


Trying to keep everyone's favourite radicals away? :8D:

Thanks a lot ArckAngeLL... You blew it, they're on their way by foot now... and bus.


And ArckAngeLL was the one that messaged me about it a while about and said it was being pretty hush hush lol. :lol:


30 Aug 2018, 11:45
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Mar 2002, 17:21
Posts: 13843
Location: Where Metalpunk rules supreme
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Didn't know this guy was a hippie as I don't post here enough. Though it was someone into the band like a bunch of folks here. Didn't see any harm to post about it since it could interest a couple of guys here and other than that this place has no trafic. Oh well.

Anyway I would not recommend this guy to make it all the way to protest as this is one place I would not like to get in a fight. He and his friends will feel pretty alone in that shithole. :)

_________________
Tyrannorabbit wrote:
Get a face tattoo, that'll help


http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leave+the+hall


30 Aug 2018, 13:39
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Lol he was just joking. Antifa is ghey as fuck and would never treck out that way to actually stand up for their cause. THey only do it from behind keyboards and when it's convenient.


30 Aug 2018, 14:25
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74658
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
I just booked my train ticket to/from Montreal. My hotel and vacation days have been booked for awhile now. Fuck yeah. The only connection I need to make is in Toronto, and I'll only have to wait around for about 45 minutes. Not bad, not bad :m:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


01 Sep 2018, 20:15
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
What time is your train? I usually try and head out from Oshawa around noon, get there about 5pm. Hotel check in then right to the show.

I am 100% going to this. MdM didn't tickle my pickle nearly enough.


02 Sep 2018, 18:14
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74658
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
My connecting train leaves Toronto at 9:20am on the 18th. I should be in Montreal right around 2:30pm :m:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


03 Sep 2018, 09:11
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Oh yeah I forgot about the Thursday night. Have they announced the bands yet?

I'm just doing Fri/Sat.


03 Sep 2018, 13:34
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74658
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
I haven't heard about anything on the Thurs, I just don't want to travel and then go to a gig the same night :)

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


03 Sep 2018, 14:44
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Perfect you can meet me at the train station waving a hanky as we pull in.


03 Sep 2018, 23:23
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Just looking at train tickets now. Shit, Via Rail prices have gone up it seems since last year. I'm going to wait until next Tuesday when they have deals (they usually don't to Montreal) and see what's up, then purchase.


05 Sep 2018, 11:58
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Fuck it, I purchased the round trip. There was an 8:55am train leaving Montreal for $45. It's early, but I prefer to be home at a reasonable time. Usually I leave around 10 or a 11. I always make sure to book the short trips too. Under 5 hours.

Oshawa > Montreal on Friday at Noon = $88.

Montreal > Oshawa on Sunday at 8:55am = $45.


Pretty good actually. There is a train leaving at 9am as well, it's over 6 hours, and it costs over $100. How to fuck to the cost jump so much with a 5 minute difference? And then every other one after that is longer and more expensive. An extra hour isn't worth that lol.


05 Sep 2018, 12:24
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74658
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Blasphomet wrote:
Fuck it, I purchased the round trip. There was an 8:55am train leaving Montreal for $45. It's early, but I prefer to be home at a reasonable time. Usually I leave around 10 or a 11. I always make sure to book the short trips too. Under 5 hours.

Oshawa > Montreal on Friday at Noon = $88.

Montreal > Oshawa on Sunday at 8:55am = $45.


Pretty good actually. There is a train leaving at 9am as well, it's over 6 hours, and it costs over $100. How to fuck to the cost jump so much with a 5 minute difference? And then every other one after that is longer and more expensive. An extra hour isn't worth that lol.


:m:

I'll be leaving Montreal on the Monday after the fest at around 6:30am or something retarded like that. I much prefer to get my commuting done early on travel days, though. I figure until I'm to wherever I'm going, I can't do shit with my day anyhow since I'd have to be at my departure by whatever time. I learned after MDF and a couple of Wackens that if I don't absolutely need to leave wherever I'm staying the morning after a festival, I'm staying put. Travelling sucks balls, but doing it when you're beat to shit and exhausted is so, so much worse :lol:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


05 Sep 2018, 13:55
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Lol I do the same thing every year when I go. Arrive just in time for the show. Leave early Sunday morning. In and out. Then I'm only paying for two night of hotel as well. Which I should probably get to booking now too.


05 Sep 2018, 14:19
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74658
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Pro tip: always book your hotel as soon as you're even thinking of going to a festival/gig that's out of town. Watch for hotels that have no cancellation fee (generally up to 24 hours before your first night) and book yourself a room right away. If shit goes tits up you can always cancel, but if you wait too long to book you could find yourself fucked for a decent room. I've got my hotel for MDF 2019 booked and I still don't have my tickets for the festival :lol:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


05 Sep 2018, 14:28
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Yeah I always make sure I book a hotel room I'm able to cancel. The thing is though, every time I've gone to Wings of Metal or Messe des Morts, there is always a 'festival hotel' that the organizers block of a chunk of rooms for festival goers so it's never an issue finding a decent hotel.

Doesn't look like that's happening for QDF though, which is actually kind of strange. It's cool being int he same hotel and running into people from the bands and everyone else you're at the fest with.

I have an idea of which hotel I want to stay at though, since they didn't do that.


05 Sep 2018, 14:54
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 48974
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
L'hotel is booked! And I got a room at the one I wanted and mentioned above. Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, a small place, a room with a kitchenette. Stumbling distance right across the street from great garbage food in La Belle Province. 5min walk from Katacombes, 2min from Foufs, 1 minute from Mtelus. Free cancellation this time up until Oct. 17th, which I've never seen here for this price, $125 a night. Perfect location right at St. Laurent and St. Catherines. Love this little place, and it's familiarity. Much prefer it to the coldness and staleness I personally find with larger chains and larger hotels in general.


Image


:beer:

Expedia said one room left, but I'm sure that's the "BOOK NOW OR YOU'RE FUCKED!" bullshit routine. :lol:


13 Sep 2018, 15:17
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.