It is currently 17 Aug 2017, 06:53

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Wings of Metal 2017 - Sept 8-9 - Katacombes - Montreal 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Wings of Metal 2017 - Sept 8-9 - Katacombes - Montreal
^Good to hear!

Saturday (co?)headliner announced tomorrow.

04 Apr 2017, 13:45
Metal Guru

We are extremely proud of presenting the mighty VOIVOD as second headliner, as well as final band EVER to play the last Wings of Metal! Yes, you heard right - we are treating you to two of Canada’s "big four" thrash metal bands in the same weekend! This completely rare and historic experience is something we have been working on bringing you for years… Now, everybody who’s seen Voivod in concert nowadays knows that they are absolutely unreal live. Therefore, seeing the most important Canadian metal band in their hometown of Montreal/Morgöth, playing an extended set in an intimate venue - which is reputed for its incredible sound, is bound to be one hell of a trip… PREPARE FOR NUCLEAR WAR!!!

ps. We know Jonquière is also their hometown!
pps. Tickets go on sale NEXT WEDNESDAY (April 12) at 9AM!

05 Apr 2017, 13:57
Metal Guru

Now I don't feel so bad for not going this year, as I've seen both headliners live recently.

I saw Voivod play to a crowd of 50 people on a Sunday night last year in Thunder Bay and they still rocked the joint like there was 500 people!

Total class and great live act!

05 Apr 2017, 15:12
Metal Guru

Yeah I was a bit disapointed with Sacrifice only because I also just saw them last year... but they were incredible so again... at a tiny place like this the place will go off it's rocker. I was also extremely pumped about Varathron co-headlining so that definitely softened the slight disappointment.

Never seen Voivod so looking forward to that. And looking forward to who the Saturday co-headliner will be. Since this year seems to be 'co-headliners' year lol. I guess they'll play similarly long sets.

05 Apr 2017, 17:00
Metal Guru

voivod just doesn't seem that special a booking. canada must get ample opportunites to see those chumps.

if it was 'angel rat' in it's entirety, well thats a different story isn't it.

05 Apr 2017, 19:59
Metal Guru

phencyclidine wrote:
voivod just doesn't seem that special a booking. canada must get ample opportunites to see those chumps.

if it was 'angel rat' in it's entirety, well thats a different story isn't it.

I can only recall one show in Toronto in recent memory... but maybe I haven't been paying attention.

06 Apr 2017, 10:50
Metal Guru

They mentioned on facebook that their are two bands still to be announced for the Saturday. One a European trad/heavy metal band, and the co-headliner for Saturday night will be a European doom metal band.

People are guessing all sorts of stuff. A lot of non-European bands because people are geniuses lol.

06 Apr 2017, 16:30
MetalHead

Would: Warlock (with Doro) and Candlemass make you excited ?

06 Apr 2017, 17:21
Metal Guru

Heera wrote:
Would: Warlock (with Doro) and Candlemass make you excited ?

Yes. Very much.

Are you just coming up with these off the top of your head or do you know something and I'll have to torture you?

Anything is possible with this fest.

06 Apr 2017, 19:32
Metal Guru

So where do you get tickets for this fest? I don't have a Facebook account so hopefully it isn't through that.

07 Apr 2017, 07:38
Metal Guru

Headquake wrote:
So where do you get tickets for this fest? I don't have a Facebook account so hopefully it isn't through that.

I think it's brown paper tickets. You can probably go on the WoM facebook event page though even if you don't have facebook.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday at 9am. They'll go fast. I slept in 30min by mistake a couple years ago and the weekend passes were gone so I had to buy single day tickets. Only like a 10 buck difference or something, but that tells you how fast they go.

07 Apr 2017, 12:38
Metal Guru

Kind of hoping the doom band will be Atlantean Kodex. I could see that. :)

07 Apr 2017, 12:40
Metal Guru

Check the link in my OP. Does it work? If so scroll down a little to 'Details' and click 'show more' and you should see the lineups and where it says tickets go on sale April 12th. If you see all that and all the other posts, you should see when they post a link when the tickets are up... you just won't get a notification like we do following the Fest/Event pages.

07 Apr 2017, 13:23
Metal Guru

Hanks man but no, I don't see any details. I'll figure it out though. Roughly how much are the weekend passes and single day tickets? I don't know why it's so difficult to find out all this info through their sites.

08 Apr 2017, 12:46
Metal Guru

80 or 90 from what I recall and because it's rad.

09 Apr 2017, 01:27
Metal Guru

Tickets on sale tomorrow morning.

Hi everyone! We are working strong on this year’s line-up for the FINAL edition of Wings of Metal, which is bound to be the best one ever in the history of the fest. The second headliners are confirmed and we are burning to announce them to you! Unfortunately, we can’t unveil them just yet - so we prefer to delay the sale of the tickets to APRIL 12th, at 9AM. The sale of the 2-day passes and individual tickets will be made via hotmetal.bigcartel.com, and some limited tickets will be available for purchase the same day at Freeson and 33 Tours in Montreal. Please note that these tickets sell out VERY FAST, so have a bit of budget ready to purchase them as they go on sale.

Finally, on April 12th, we will also be announcing the official hotel for the festival, and giving you guys a special code for getting a rebate on rooms.

Cheers, and thank you for your patience and support!!

11 Apr 2017, 13:34
Metal Guru

WEEKEND PASSES SOLD OUT!

I had the weekend pass in my cart, was checking out at like 9:05am, and by the same i filled out my credit card info and submitted, they were sold out. Bought single day passes like I had to two years ago. Only an extra $15 Canadian so no big deal at all.

GET ON THE SINGLE DAYS IF YOU PLAN ON GOING!

http://hotmetal.bigcartel.com/category/tickets

12 Apr 2017, 08:24
Metal Guru

Fuck man, my boss was standing behind me talking to my colleagues all morning... I couldn't fucking log in to get the tickets.

Weekend passes sold out, Saturday sold out. I managed to get Friday night, so at least I can check one day of the fest.

If anyone buys Saturday and they want to get rid of their tickets later, let me know, I need 2

12 Apr 2017, 10:13
Metal Guru

Svarog wrote:
Fuck man, my boss was standing behind me talking to my colleagues all morning... I couldn't fucking log in to get the tickets.

Weekend passes sold out, Saturday sold out. I managed to get Friday night, so at least I can check one day of the fest.

If anyone buys Saturday and they want to get rid of their tickets later, let me know, I need 2

Yeah you're right, Saturday sold out already now too. It's insanity. Voivod and the possibilities of those two unannounced bands I guess. Just post on the event page throughout the the next few months... people usually end up having to sell, and usually will sell at cost so as not to be total assholes. And keep an eye out for people posting about selling tickets. It'll happen. You should be able to find at least a Saturday night pass or two for yourself and your +1. Happens every year, but unfortunately there are always lots of others looking to buy as well.

I don't think I've ever run into you at WoM before. And it would have been rad if Demontage played one of the years. Always thought it's the perfect band for this fest.

12 Apr 2017, 10:19
Metal Guru

Myself and two friends got weekend passes. Dying to know who those yet to be announced bands are.

12 Apr 2017, 10:23
Metal Guru

Headquake wrote:
Myself and two friends got weekend passes. Dying to know who those yet to be announced bands are.

Awesome. All of you or one of you must have been on the ball. People are the passes were done by 9:02am. And now people are complaining about having to have spend a whopping $15 Canadian more for single day passes. C'mon. :lol:

12 Apr 2017, 10:45
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Svarog wrote:

Yeah you're right, Saturday sold out already now too. It's insanity. Voivod and the possibilities of those two unannounced bands I guess. Just post on the event page throughout the the next few months... people usually end up having to sell, and usually will sell at cost so as not to be total assholes. And keep an eye out for people posting about selling tickets. It'll happen. You should be able to find at least a Saturday night pass or two for yourself and your +1. Happens every year, but unfortunately there are always lots of others looking to buy as well.

I don't think I've ever run into you at WoM before. And it would have been rad if Demontage played one of the years. Always thought it's the perfect band for this fest.

We played the WOM pre-party either last year or the year before (I can't remember now) but I personally always had obligations that I needed to fulfill on those weekends so I couldn't stay for the fest. Because it's the last one is forcing me fit it in no matter what.

Let's meet on the Friday for drinks before the fest, and Saturday during the day for sightseeing! I can bring a Svolder vinyl for you if you need one, and other assorted stuff :D

12 Apr 2017, 10:46
Metal Guru

Svarog wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
Svarog wrote:

We played the WOM pre-party either last year or the year before (I can't remember now) but I personally always had obligations that I needed to fulfill on those weekends so I couldn't stay for the fest. Because it's the last one is forcing me fit it in no matter what.

Let's meet on the Friday for drinks before the fest, and Saturday during the day for sightseeing! I can bring a Svolder vinyl for you if you need one, and other assorted stuff :D

Sounds good I'll let you know closer to the show my plans. I have a friend who is I rarely see (military) who I usually meet up with on the Saturday so I'm not sure about that but Friday should be good for sure.

And yeah I totally knew about you guys playing a pre-show. Forgot about that. :beer:

12 Apr 2017, 11:17
Metal Guru

Will need to have beers with Headquake too. :beer:

12 Apr 2017, 11:18
Metal Guru

Yes! I look forward to meeting both you over some beers for sure :beer:

12 Apr 2017, 11:26
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next