It is currently 17 Aug 2017, 06:45

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Wings of Metal 2017 - Sept 8-9 - Katacombes - Montreal 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Wings of Metal 2017 - Sept 8-9 - Katacombes - Montreal
Due to well... life. I have to step out yet again this time.

Would have loved to see the final party, however going to the first two serve me some good memories. You fucks enjoy yourselves and chug a Boréale for me!

:drunk:

03 Mar 2017, 03:47
Metal Guru

This fest does look like fun and it's not super far away... but early September means it's a no go for me. Too bad, because I'm sure this is a hell of a party and I bet I'd dig the fuck out of a lot of the bands.

03 Mar 2017, 08:29
Metal Guru

Boreale Blonde until the train comes off the tracks! :beer:

03 Mar 2017, 15:15
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Boreale Blonde until the train comes off the tracks! :beer:

In till they run out and serve you whatever is left with all very similar labels that a drunk english person will miss.

"Why am I so drunk?" *looks at last 3 empties on table... Natural Ale 7.0% as opposed to the 4.5 in the blonde* "Well.... fuck...." *goes to get another one*

03 Mar 2017, 21:37
Metal Guru

:)

04 Mar 2017, 17:25
Metal Guru

Tickets go on sale this Wednesday, March 15th at 9am.

12 Mar 2017, 22:47
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:

Tickets did not go on sale this morning and will be going on sale on April 12th. Delay in announcing the second headliner so they want to delay sale of weekend passes as well.

15 Mar 2017, 10:55
Metal Guru

Wings of Metal are proud to announce Montreal’s Starlight Ritual as the festival opener! Formed in 2014, the band has been playing epic doomy heavy metal, a genre that is very rarely played in the city. Their hard rocking riffs and the front man’s extremely powerful vocals will bring you shivers throughout their set. They have released two EPs; a self-titled one in 2015 and “Age of the Universe” in 2016 – both of them to a great reception in North America and Europe. The band is now preparing to write their first full-length album.

15 Mar 2017, 11:04
Metal Guru

Hailing from Santiago, Communion is one of the best and most evil bands to come out from Chile. Formed in 2008 from the ashes of the band Chainsaw, they have released mostly demos and singles as well as the incredible self-titled EP in 2010. This 5-song EP, which is one of the finest Chilean metal releases ever, has been bewitching us since its release. imagine a mix of very early Sodom and Slayer, Sarcófago, and Samael! You can all see how incredibly proud to bring them to the festival, and how all of you too will be as bewitched! Crush the atheism!

22 Mar 2017, 14:22
Metal Guru

This thread keeps making me want to attend WoM even though I'm currently grossly unaware of most of the bands on the roster. It's just a gig that gives off a vibe that I'd dig the fuck out of it. Stupid goddamn September :peeved:

23 Mar 2017, 14:12
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
This thread keeps making me want to attend WoM even though I'm currently grossly unaware of most of the bands on the roster. It's just a gig that gives off a vibe that I'd dig the fuck out of it. Stupid goddamn September :peeved:

You'd love it. Everyone would if you like metal. It's metal of all styles from around the globe. It's a fantastic two night party in a small club with reasonably priced beer and tons of great organizers and attendees.

I'm not familiar with the last two announced bands, but that's a part of what always makes this festival great... they know their shit and it's fun to check out the bands you don't know ahead of the fest.

Two more co-headliners for the Saturday will be announced before tickets go on sale April 12th at 9am.

I'm bummed it's going to be the last year. I'll just go the Messe des Morts (if it continues) every year instead for sure, but it's not the same experience.

What's wrong with Septembers for you?

23 Mar 2017, 15:29
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Exorcist wrote:

You'd love it. Everyone would if you like metal. It's metal of all styles from around the globe. It's a fantastic two night party in a small club with reasonably priced beer and tons of great organizers and attendees.

I'm not familiar with the last two announced bands, but that's a part of what always makes this festival great... they know their shit and it's fun to check out the bands you don't know ahead of the fest.

Two more co-headliners for the Saturday will be announced before tickets go on sale April 12th at 9am.

I'm bummed it's going to be the last year. I'll just go the Messe des Morts (if it continues) every year instead for sure, but it's not the same experience.

What's wrong with Septembers for you?

The fall/student rush means that I can't book any time off of work in September. So if it ain't local and on a Friday or Saturday, any Sept gigs are pretty much off the books for me - especially ones requiring a road trip.

24 Mar 2017, 07:44
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

Tickets did not go on sale this morning and will be going on sale on April 12th. Delay in announcing the second headliner so they want to delay sale of weekend passes as well.

I know the 2nd Headliner :evil: ...I think people will be very pleased.....Canadian to boot :?

24 Mar 2017, 08:19
Metal Guru

testofwills wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

I know the 2nd Headliner :evil: ...I think people will be very pleased.....Canadian to boot :?

This year it sounds like they are doing 'co-headliners' each night it seems... Sarcrifice and Varathron for the Friday... so I assume two equally long sets which hasn't been the case before. I'm cool if it's another Canadian band playing last, as Sacrifice does Friday. Means no immigration issues... not that they've had any at this fest in the pass. Each year they've had headliner from the UK too.

Don't be afraid to PM me the band name. I won't tell anyone else! :) If you aren't willing to do that you shouldn't have said anything, jerk! :lol: Wouldn't be surprised if it's Exciter.

24 Mar 2017, 12:00
Metal Guru

Exciter? Would have to be some kind of Heavy Metal Maniac, Violence and Force only set...

and if not Exciter... Still most likely has to be something of a novelty or a band who rarely appears live...

They convinced Terry and Dave to do a one off Slaughter gig? Not likely... :roll:

How about Blasphemy?

Voivod doing an all 80's set?

Infernal Majesty performing None Shall Defy? Chris Bailey rejoined them didn't he?

I've got it... Clearly it must be Coney Hatch.

26 Mar 2017, 06:58
Metal Guru

Gotta be Svolder.

26 Mar 2017, 17:38
Metal Guru

Formed in 2006, Seattle-based SLUTVOMIT plays a very ancient style of blasphemous Speed Metal, worshipping the mighty Swedish and German witching 80’s metal gods. With two EPs and a full length under their bulletbelt, their intense material will burn the audience down to ashes and beat them to a pulp. Fanatics of Nifelheim, Sarcofago, Bathory and early Sodom be ready to fall on your knees for SLUTVOMIT!

Last edited by Blasphomet on 29 Mar 2017, 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

29 Mar 2017, 11:20
Metal Guru

^^^ :lol: :cry: :lol:

29 Mar 2017, 11:41
Metal Guru

Now all they need to do is get Shitfucker and all is well. :)

Haven't of the last three bands. Wasn't huge on Starlight Ritual, but Communion's EP fucking rules and I've listened to it a lot lately, available on bandcamp.... and the track they posted for Slutvomit seems to rip... will check them out more.

29 Mar 2017, 11:46
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:

Haven't of the last three bands. Wasn't huge on Starlight Ritual, but Communion's EP fucking rules and I've listened to it a lot lately, available on bandcamp.... and the track they posted for Slutvomit seems to rip... will check them out more.

I'm sure they probably will, but everything from their cliched logo to the name to the art to the presser itself has me in stitches :lol:

29 Mar 2017, 12:04
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

I'm sure they probably will, but everything from their cliched logo to the name to the art to the presser itself has me in stitches :lol:

"full length under their bulletbelt"

29 Mar 2017, 12:29
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

"full length under their bulletbelt"

HOW DID I MISS THAT LINE THE FIRST TIME?! :lol: :roll: :lol:

29 Mar 2017, 13:46
Metal Guru

slutvomit's album is killer.

30 Mar 2017, 09:48
Metal Guru

phencyclidine wrote:

Yeah I seem to remember you mentioning them here before. I have definitely searched them on the archives before because their name auto-populated when I searched it yesterday.

30 Mar 2017, 12:30
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
phencyclidine wrote:

Yeah I seem to remember you mentioning them here before. I have definitely searched them on the archives before because their name auto-populated when I searched it yesterday.

I saw them live at Cathedral of the Black Goat 2015. They were awesome. Great band

03 Apr 2017, 15:37
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next