It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 08:28

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Yes the fest ran smooth for sure..Crazy how the prices jump for beer and the Autopsy merch at Metus....I just went back to Forfunes for the cheap beer between bands...Autopsy stole the weekend for me..Sound and Performance were amazing...Grave was equally as good and only played from 91 and older...just first lp and demos!!!

I dug Exhorder andf D,.Hammer but the sound was messy imo...Grave and Autopsy had killer sound though...

I really liked Skeletal Earth and talking with them after was a delight..Really nice guys,,,,Immolation was killer as well...Ill agree with how good Panzerfaust is getting..last few shows were meh for me but Friday night they were really good...

Ill defiantely be back next yr if there is one..I heard some people talking that they lost their shirts on this fest mostly due to the rent of the Metus hall :o

21 Oct 2018, 18:03
Metal Guru

Hopefully that turns out to just be hearsay. That fest was great and I didn't even set foot in MTelus.

21 Oct 2018, 18:15
Metal Guru

how did the crowd look in the big venue.place holds almost 3000 and I don't imagine it was even half full at any point.

21 Oct 2018, 18:22
Metal Guru

Good question. I know that Foufs was way less full when bands were on at MTelus, so there weren't a ton of us who stayed all night at Foufs. I'd have to think that there was a good turnout at Mtelus.

21 Oct 2018, 19:10
Metal Guru

seen Pantera,Motorhead,Deftones etc... in that place.just cant picture the Deathfest bands filling up the venue.

Club Soda would have been a better sized venue i think.but maybe they were already booked up.

21 Oct 2018, 19:33
Metal Guru

Firefarter wrote:
how did the crowd look in the big venue.place holds almost 3000 and I don't imagine it was even half full at any point.

upstairs was open but they had all the seating chained off so you couldn't sit down in the seats...just standing outside the railings so there wasent many people up there..Downstairs most of the floor was full and the rest of the place you could move around easily..I would say it was over half full but not quite 3 quarters..

22 Oct 2018, 06:13
Metal Guru

what an incredible weekend. highlights for me were: skeletal remains, immolation, demolition hammer, dehumanized, outre-tomb and of course autopsy. i didn't care for skinless at all really tbh, hacavitz were great as well but it was totally empty. felt bad.

also didn't care for mtelus, 8.50 for a beer meanwhile next door 4 bucks all night. foufs rules, every band sounded amazing there too.

22 Oct 2018, 07:14
Metal Guru

Lord Gore wrote:
what an incredible weekend. highlights for me were: skeletal remains, immolation, demolition hammer, dehumanized, outre-tomb and of course autopsy. i didn't care for skinless at all really tbh, hacavitz were great as well but it was totally empty. felt bad.

also didn't care for mtelus, 8.50 for a beer meanwhile next door 4 bucks all night. foufs rules, every band sounded amazing there too.

Forfunes is the best,,great staff cheap beer..Cool music....

22 Oct 2018, 09:24
Metal Guru

plus the name means electric ass cheeks, so it has that going for it

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

'Shall He Hate Even In Death'.

22 Oct 2018, 10:33
Metal Guru

I generally kept my phone away, but I did get a couple of songs when I couldn't help myself. I kept my phone low, though. Chest level or fuck off.

Holy Cost:
https://youtu.be/etxUsmtebMs

Skinless:
https://youtu.be/etxUsmtebMs

Agoraphobic Nosebleed:
https://youtu.be/3mWTLPBBik8

22 Oct 2018, 17:01
Metal Guru

testofwills wrote:
Firefarter wrote:

upstairs was open but they had all the seating chained off so you couldn't sit down in the seats...just standing outside the railings so there wasent many people up there..Downstairs most of the floor was full and the rest of the place you could move around easily..I would say it was over half full but not quite 3 quarters..

Yeah the floor/pit area was rammed and that's great. And there was plenty of space to move around behind that which was also great.

The beer price was predictable though. It's a more major venue. I went from drinking $2.50 bottles of Labbatt to $8.50 tallies of Canadian. Quite a jump but wasn't at all surprised. I thought Mtelus was a beauty venue, and I don't think a large fest like this would be the same without it, but Foufs and Katacombes are always rad.

Hopefully it goes down again, even if they have to go somewhere other than Mtelus. We'll see though. Should know in a couple months I guess. They started announcements in January this time around.

23 Oct 2018, 11:05
Metal Guru

I'd also like to add that another thing that made this a raging success as far as I'm concerned is that there were no last minute cancellations or bands unable to get into the country and shit.

23 Oct 2018, 16:35
Metal Guru

no doubt about it,,the Metus is a killer venue...Sound for the most past was awesome..Especially for Grave and Autopsy..Its good to have that extra room so its not rammed...do we know what the other bands were that were suppose to replace those feew at Forfunes!!!!did I miss the annoucment :?

id go again in a heart beat....

24 Oct 2018, 16:58
Metal Guru

did grave play 'bullets are mine'?

24 Oct 2018, 18:45
Metal Guru

[quote="phencyclidine"]did grave play 'bullets are mine'?[/quote

no--only played 91 and older...Into the Grave and demos

24 Oct 2018, 21:00
Metal Guru

It was awesome. Loved it. Sexual Mutilation. :)

As for the other bands. Nothing special. I already forget who they were so pretty sure I wasn't familiar with any. I only went to Fouf on Saturday for merch, Outre-Tombe, and cheap beer between Mtelus sets. Foufs is great too though, first time seeing a show there. Was nice to hit Katacombes for Wake and Massgrave.

24 Oct 2018, 22:11
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14