It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 06:13

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Maryland Deathfest presents: Quebec Deathfest Oct 19-20th
Looking at Autopsy setlists from last summer... they are fucking heeeeaaavy with Severed Survival and Mental Funeral with a touch of Acts thrown in. This gives me a massive boner. Basically all they play are Severed and Mental songs. I assume this won't change much for this fest.

:bow:

30 Jan 2018, 15:13
Metal Guru

Did Fields buy his ticket yet?

30 Jan 2018, 23:27
Metal Guru

He better have...

31 Jan 2018, 00:19
Metal Guru

Ruke wrote:

From the looks of it he will be the only person on the board that weekend unless he comes along :lol:

31 Jan 2018, 11:24
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Ruke wrote:

From the looks of it he will be the only person on the board that weekend unless he comes along :lol:

Doesn't look like it's happening. He's spending his fortune on Slayer for some reason. Unless he does too trips to La belle province in 2018....

:mad:

31 Jan 2018, 15:26
Metal Guru

Godammit Fields!

31 Jan 2018, 21:04
Metal Guru

On my way to Deathfest.....Hoping Hooded Menace or Druid Lord are one of the other bands :o

01 Feb 2018, 19:08
Metal Guru

testofwills wrote:
On my way to Deathfest.....Hoping Hooded Menace or Druid Lord are one of the other bands :o

Are you crawling backwards there or something?

01 Feb 2018, 21:32
Metal Guru

Want more bands now.

08 Feb 2018, 16:04
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Want more bands now.

As do I! I'm getting anxious. Hoping to see at least a couple of bands that make my jimmy stiff.

09 Feb 2018, 08:22
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
Want more bands now.

As do I! I'm getting anxious. Hoping to see at least a couple of bands that make my jimmy stiff.

Hoping for some cool doom and more cool black. Also would be all over a band like Pig Destroyer or Dead Infection. DI are playing Maryland. You still planning on going to MDF? Just going to do both?

09 Feb 2018, 14:03
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
Want more bands now.

Hoping for some cool doom and more cool black. Also would be all over a band like Pig Destroyer or Dead Infection. DI are playing Maryland. You still planning on going to MDF? Just going to do both?

Doing both :m:

I'm liking what I've heard from Darkspace :abbath:

Godflesh are also replacing My Dying Bride at MDF. Sooooooo awesome :bow:

09 Feb 2018, 18:29
Metal Guru

What if this is the entire lineup

10 Feb 2018, 11:58
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Rook wrote:
cool for panzerfaust for getting on this bill :abbath:

I haven't seen them live in something like ten years or so now. I think I'm overdue :m:

i'm still amazed to not hear of a outlaw mc confronting Panzerfaust about their 3 piece outlaw biker style vests they all wear. Its safe to say that one whom doesn't know much about outlaw MC's might think if Panzerfaust all walked into a restaurant together or esp at a strip club that they are a outlaw MC.

Real outlaw MC members don't think to highly of fake MCs or people trying to appear to be a MC.

What else would most people think? :? That their cadets? :lol:

10 Feb 2018, 20:28
Metal Guru

More bands please.....

Ripper would be a amazing addition!

12 Feb 2018, 03:05
Metal Guru

phencyclidine wrote:

When the weekend passes went on sale they posted the following:

"...This ticket option is limited and expected to sell out rather quickly due to the smaller capacity at some of the venues. All other ticket options, including single day options, won't be released until we finish announcing bands."

As well as "Many more bands will be announced soon!"

It doesn't look like the weekend passes have sold out yet, which is a little surprising. I guess Autopsy and Demolition Hammer don't do much for others as it does me. Still though... the passes were limited because of the size of Katacombes... which is super small. So I'm surprised.

12 Feb 2018, 15:23
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
phencyclidine wrote:

When the weekend passes went on sale they posted the following:

"...This ticket option is limited and expected to sell out rather quickly due to the smaller capacity at some of the venues. All other ticket options, including single day options, won't be released until we finish announcing bands."

As well as "Many more bands will be announced soon!"

It doesn't look like the weekend passes have sold out yet, which is a little surprising. I guess Autopsy and Demolition Hammer don't do much for others as it does me. Still though... the passes were limited because of the size of Katacombes... which is super small. So I'm surprised.

I'd wager that some folks are taking their chances and waiting to see how the lineup shakes out before they take the plunge. I bought my pass on the faith that I'll dig the lineup, but the bands announced so far are definitely not enough on their own to get me to go to Montreal. I just have faith that the Deathfest crew will put together a solid lineup, even if I don't care for it yet.

12 Feb 2018, 15:44
Metal Guru

But Autopsy and Demolition Hammer are so good!

seriously though I believe the Katacombes capacity is like 250... I figured they'd sell out based on that, and the fact it's going to have to be a pretty large fuck up for it not to be a cool festival. WoM sold out in like 2 hours last year.

12 Feb 2018, 16:53
Metal Guru

I think the Katacombes has capacity for 300, I imangine the lower tier bands will be playing there to keep it from over capacity.

I prefer that venue over Les Foufounes Électriques, I like bottom floor of that place but the stage room upstairs kind of sucks. But I bet that is where I'll be seeing most of the bands, I hope Demolition Hammer plays Katacombes!

13 Feb 2018, 04:09
Metal Guru

Yeah I'm sure most of the smaller bands play Katacombes. Probably all the higher tier bands will play Mtelus Saturday. But they have to have some sort of headliner the Friday night I assume as well... I'm guessing Autopsy and Mtelus on Saturday, and other than that, don't really know. I've been to Foufounes a long time ago but not for a concert. Don't really remember at all what the size of it would be, and if that's where the Friday headliner will play rather than Katacombes.

13 Feb 2018, 11:29
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Yeah I'm sure most of the smaller bands play Katacombes. Probably all the higher tier bands will play Mtelus Saturday. But they have to have some sort of headliner the Friday night I assume as well... I'm guessing Autopsy and Mtelus on Saturday, and other than that, don't really know. I've been to Foufounes a long time ago but not for a concert. Don't really remember at all what the size of it would be, and if that's where the Friday headliner will play rather than Katacombes.

MTelus is the biggest of the venues being used, right? What would you compare it to size-wise in Toronto?

Somehow I've been going to gigs since I was like 14 years old and I've never been to a show in Montreal. Seems like something I should have remedied years ago, but here we are.

13 Feb 2018, 13:53
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

MTelus is the biggest of the venues being used, right? What would you compare it to size-wise in Toronto?

Somehow I've been going to gigs since I was like 14 years old and I've never been to a show in Montreal. Seems like something I should have remedied years ago, but here we are.

I've never been there. But I guess Opera House/Phoenix. According to the pics anyways:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Mtelus&c ... TMEER6vHsM:

Piranha Bar is the smallest. I've never been there either buy believe it's really quite small.

13 Feb 2018, 22:37
Metal Guru

Totally forgot about MTelus, I've never been there or the Piranha Bar. Looking forward to checking these places out!

14 Feb 2018, 01:22
Metal Guru

google says they rebranded the metropolis as mtelus? love that venue

reminds me a bit of the mod club in layout (though I haven't been to the mod club in forever)

pit up front, bars and stairs on either side, more bar upstairs, seats on balcony upstairs. capacity of 2,000+

terrific venue, seeing megadeth do a free aftershow there after their set that got rained on at heavy MTL there will always be one of the coolest / most fun shows I've ever been to

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.

14 Feb 2018, 10:53
Metal Guru

More bands.... like Cruciamentum please, Possession if you don't mind... and for god sakes Ripper!!

16 Feb 2018, 04:47
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next